• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been mentioned but for party goers on the 20th, the WOC and parade schedule is different than all the other parties. DL.com has two parade/HH times listed for that night.

Parade: 7:40 and 9:40
HH: 7:30 and 9:30
Villainous: 8:30 and 10:45

What's HH? Sorry, I'm looking over the Disneyland website and I feel like I'm looking in all the wrong spots, I don't see anything that says the times are different?

What's HH? Sorry, I'm looking over the Disneyland website and I feel like I'm looking in all the wrong spots, I don't see anything that says the times are different?
Headless Horseman. He rides down the parade route prior to the parade (you'll notice the times are 10 min before the parade).

Interesting about the schedule changes for the party on the 20th. That was the one party date that wasn't included in the extra ticket sale bonanza -- apparently, Disney is expecting big crowds that night!

Two adults with no kids.... possibly dressed up a little, but probably not... doing the immersive treat trails... will we feel super stupid for that? LOL

I'm thinking the immersive treat trails are worth seeing and am hoping to get WOC, the Parade, the Grove, and the immersive trails. I don't think either of us will care about the candy, but it would be nice to get a good view of the immersive characters since it looks like Disney went to some effort to make them look pretty cool.

The only other time I've been to a party (last year) I did the BB dinner package for preferred parade viewing and when they gave us a big bag of candy and said "because you guys missed out on some party time" (again, two adults with no kids, lol) we just gave the candy away to a family with a few kids as soon as we got in line for an attraction. Now this year is a different friend coming with me, but I'm fairly certain candy isn't high on our priority list :P

Interesting about the schedule changes for the party on the 20th. That was the one party date that wasn't included in the extra ticket sale bonanza -- apparently, Disney is expecting big crowds that night!

I'm worn out from planning... tell me the best entrance and party strategy...

I have a flexpass with reservations for both parks that day.

I have the Napa Rose Chef's Counter booked at 5pm. (I've heard it takes about 90 minutes?)

I would like to see the fireworks over at Disney since that'll be the only night of my 8 day trip that I'll have that chance.

I have a party ticket and I'll be solo that night.

I totally forgot I had Napa Rose booked when I impulse bought the party ticket (almost everything else was sold out). I then also totally forgot that was going to be the only night that I could see fireworks. So that was kinda a screw up on my part....

I will be doing the party Tue the 22nd with a friend, but my brain is fried on Disney/SoCal planning. Can you give me a plan to maximize that expensive party ticket for Sunday night while working with my other restrictions, lol.

I don't care about meet and greets. Getting a general feel for the crowds and location of things (so I can be organized and efficient for the party with my friend), grove, and parade are probably my priority points.

Help?

Two adults with no kids.... possibly dressed up a little, but probably not... doing the immersive treat trails... will we feel super stupid for that? LOL

I'm thinking the immersive treat trails are worth seeing and am hoping to get WOC, the Parade, the Grove, and the immersive trails. I don't think either of us will care about the candy, but it would be nice to get a good view of the immersive characters since it looks like Disney went to some effort to make them look pretty cool...
Why should you feel stupid? As long as you're having fun and sharing in the Disney spirit of the event, no one is "stupid" at a Disney Halloween party! Lots (!) of adults attend without kids, in costume or not, and everyone has a good time. And don't knock the candy -- we usually walk away with somewhere between 20-30 lbs. every time -- and that gets donated to our neighbor's non-profit event and the rest makes DH the most popular guy in the office for weeks! I read a report from someone who watched the parade from tables at Paradise Gardens (while eating dinner) -- that's one way to make your own dining package! This person said that they walked up to the first WOC and got very decent viewing. The Immersive Treat Trails are fun and the lines move quickly. Time your visit to the Villains Grove so that you don't get stuck in a super long line. The Grove is worth seeing.

Last edited:

I have the Napa Rose Chef's Counter booked at 5pm. (I've heard it takes about 90 minutes?)

I would like to see the fireworks over at Disney since that'll be the only night of my 8 day trip that I'll have that chance.

I totally forgot I had Napa Rose booked when I impulse bought the party ticket (almost everything else was sold out). I then also totally forgot that was going to be the only night that I could see fireworks. So that was kinda a screw up on my part....

I will be doing the party Tue the 22nd with a friend, but my brain is fried on Disney/SoCal planning. Can you give me a plan to maximize that expensive party ticket for Sunday night while working with my other restrictions, lol.

I don't care about meet and greets. Getting a general feel for the crowds and location of things (so I can be organized and efficient for the party with my friend), grove, and parade are probably my priority points.

Help?
Get your wristband at Blue Sky Cellar before Napa Rose. I wouldn’t count on it being 90 minutes, but i

Go to the 7:30 HH/parade. Maybe hit an immersive treat trail or two.

Head over to DL for fireworks (timing here depends how good of a view you want).

Go back to DCA and hit Villians Grove near the end of the night.

Help?

Wait so you're doing the party twice? Oct 20th solo and again on the 22nd with a friend. On the 20th you also have Napa Rose and want to see fireworks in DL? Honestly, I would write off your party ticket for the 20th rather than running back and forth all night since you will be going to the party on the 22nd. I suppose if there are things at the party you know your friend will not want to do you could try and accomplish those but otherwise I'm not sure its worth going twice, especially since it appears the 20th party might be extra busy as they've scheduled 2 parades, 2 WoC etc.

Help?
Figure out a few things that are OBB priorities for you, then try to do those (or at least a few of those) on the 20th. Then, you'll be more free to focus on your friend on the 22nd. For example, you could try to hit the second show of WOC on the 20th -- as a solo guest, you'd have much more flexibility with finding a viewing spot. If you like the show, see it again on the 22nd. Hit Villains Grove at the end of the party on the 20th -- the line should be much shorter then.

Last edited:
Wait so you're doing the party twice? Oct 20th solo and again on the 22nd with a friend. On the 20th you also have Napa Rose and want to see fireworks in DL? Honestly, I would write off your party ticket for the 20th rather than running back and forth all night since you will be going to the party on the 22nd. I suppose if there are things at the party you know your friend will not want to do you could try and accomplish those but otherwise I'm not sure its worth going twice, especially since it appears the 20th party might be extra busy as they've scheduled 2 parades, 2 WoC etc.

Correct. My friend shows up on Monday and we'll be there until Thur afternoon. We'll do the party together on Tue.

Since I'm going to be there solo on Sunday I decided to do Napa Rose since I'm not sure she would want to ditch the park to go eat and then return to the park (I've got loads of table service reservations lined up for the two of us).

I'm kinda thinking about writing off that ticket too... but $140 is an ouch of a mistake. (I don't even want to add up the total cost of this trip, lol)

So if there is an order I can maximize stuff in, I don't mind trying to pack some stuff in, I just want to be clear that I won't MISS OUT on stuff since I'll do the party again with her. But with FlexPass and a Halloween ticket I can bounce back and forth with just walking energy being spent, nothing extra out of pocket....

I'm thinking the immersive treat trails are worth seeing and am hoping to get WOC, the Parade, the Grove, and the immersive trails. I don't think either of us will care about the candy, but it would be nice to get a good view of the immersive characters since it looks like Disney went to some effort to make them look pretty cool.

The only other time I've been to a party (last year) I did the BB dinner package for preferred parade viewing and when they gave us a big bag of candy and said "because you guys missed out on some party time" (again, two adults with no kids, lol) we just gave the candy away to a family with a few kids as soon as we got in line for an attraction. Now this year is a different friend coming with me, but I'm fairly certain candy isn't high on our priority list :P
I saw many adults with just other adults and no kids. Most times the adults were more dressed up than the kids. There were probably more people over 20 years old than kids. I definitely didn’t think the party was just for kids.

Well we are in for the 20th & by the sound of it we are in for one crowded night :(

Can anyone point me to a list of character meets? I know that will be a big priority for us. Not so much candy as id have to bring it on the plane, rides we will get done during the day, so itll be parade, shows & characters

I saw many adults with just other adults and no kids. Most times the adults were more dressed up than the kids. There were probably more people over 20 years old than kids. I definitely didn’t think the party was just for kids.

Well the party doesn’t feel like that, I feel totally fine doing that... but specifically doing the treat trails, lol.

And I’m not sure about the sight lines to the characters if just walking by and not actually doing the treat line.

Well the party doesn’t feel like that, I feel totally fine doing that... but specifically doing the treat trails, lol.

And I’m not sure about the sight lines to the characters if just walking by and not actually doing the treat line.
The majority of guests are adults. The treat trails are full of adults.

Well we are in for the 20th & by the sound of it we are in for one crowded night :(

Can anyone point me to a list of character meets? I know that will be a big priority for us. Not so much candy as id have to bring it on the plane, rides we will get done during the day, so itll be parade, shows & characters

That's the list, I put both alternating sets separated by "-".

Fountain at Carthay Circle:
Snow White + Dopey - Blue Fairy + Pinocchio

In front of Guardians Ride (where Dance Off is)
Starlord - Gamora (towards the end both may be together)

Waterfall across from Avengers Campus fence:
Kingdom Hearts Goofy - Kingdom Hearts Donald

Across from Soaring:
Tail Spin Baloo + Don Karnage - Rescue Rangers Chip & Dale

Walkway to Grizzly River Run:
Mickey and Minnie (May be solo, best chance to catch them together after 9.30)

At the Mill at Grizzly River:
Villains (combinations can vary, characters seen so far Frollo, Ratcliffe, Big Bad Wolf, Sheriff of Nottingham, Prince John, Shan Yu and on one occasion Queen of Hearts)

At the very back of Pacific Wharf, near the passage to Cars Land:
Phineas + Ferb - Ron Stoppable + Kim Possible

Cars Land:
Cars Land Residents in Halloween outfits, seem to be the same as throughout the day

Paradise Pier, near the former Bandstand:
Woody + Bo Peep - Carl and Russell from Up

Animation Academy:
Anna and Elsa

Near Incredicoaster:
Frozone, Edna, Mr. & Mrs. Incredible

Roaming: Loki. He can be found in the area stretching from Disney Junior to the Descendants Dance Party to Guardians.

Last edited:

Be aware that the characters have not been consistent at every party -- you may see all of them or some of them. The villains aren't always all present and Kim Possible has been hit or miss. CMs can be helpful if there is someone you really want to meet -- just ask nicely.

That's the list, I put both alternating sets separated by "-". ...
Thank you for putting the list together!

Last edited:
In addition it's never more than three villains at a time. The CMs can tell you the times when you're after a certain villain.

Thank you for putting the list together!

You're welcome. I actually thought I had done that right after my return, but could only find a vague summary. ><

That's the list, I put both alternating sets separated by "-".

Fountain at Carthay Circle:
Snow White + Dopey - Blue Fairy + Pinocchio

In front of Guardians Ride (where Dance Off is)
Starlord - Gamora (towards the end both may be together)

Waterfall across from Avengers Campus fence:
Kingdom Hearts Goofy - Kingdom Hearts Donald

Across from Soaring:
Tail Spin Baloo + Don Karnage - Rescue Rangers Chip & Dale

Walkway to Grizzly River Run:
Mickey and Minnie (May be solo, best chance to catch them together after 9.30)

At the Mill at Grizzly River:
Villains (combinations can vary, characters seen so far Frollo, Ratcliffe, Big Bad Wolf, Sheriff of Nottingham, Prince John, Shan Yu and on one occasion Queen of Hearts)

At the very back of Pacific Wharf, near the passage to Cars Land:
Phineas + Ferb - Ron Stoppable + Kim Possible

Cars Land:
Cars Land Residents in Halloween outfits, seem to be the same as throughout the day

Paradise Pier, near the former Bandstand:
Woody + Bo Peep - Carl and Russell from Up

Roaming: Loki. He can be found in the area stretching from Disney Junior to the Descendants Dance Party to Guardians.
THANK YOU!!’

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter