Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
And at least now, they can still show HS with the projections, rather than cancel the whole show outright. So, even if the winds get ornery, HS won't be a total loss.

thankfully we have seen it many times... last year was projections only on our party night because it was monsooning with thunder and lightning for the duration of the party. Still had a blast tho!

I read the costume guidelines for the OBB and I am wondering if you think a plastic play ax (for Snow White's Huntsman) would be acceptable or not.

plastic ax should be just fine, as long as its clearly a toy/prop. I rocked a full size Thor Mjolnir and cast members/security loved my costume. Security even played with the fact they couldn't lift it off the screening table.
72206566_10157458686135561_7431682955669405696_n.jpg71808092_10157458700355561_8954463112249999360_o.jpg72159233_10157458686180561_7337031926689038336_n.jpg

plastic ax should be just fine, as long as its clearly a toy/prop. I rocked a full size Thor Mjolnir and cast members/security loved my costume. Security even played with the fact they couldn't lift it off the screening table.

Thank you for the information and especially for your photos! They are terrific!! Looks like you had fun!!

We went to the party last night 10/8. I apologize in advance for typos as I’m typing on my phone.
This is my 6th year in a row doing these parties. While I had a great time I will be disappointed if they don’t move the party back to Disneyland next year. That being said, I find these parties a great value for the money and even if they kept it at DCA I will go again!
Arrival: arrived at parking garage at 4:50. Through security, tram, front gate and , getting wristbands AND waited in line to take a picture by the headless horseman all by 5:10!!! No joke! I just checked the time stamp on my photos.
Weather: I live about 20 minutes from the park so I’m familiar with local weather. While we were lucky I’m all too aware that for future party guests i would not count on ANYTHING until the day of the party as far as weather is concerned. This holds true for everyday in so cal FYI ha ha. I wore jeans and a T-shirt and was comfortable the whole party. I’m a wimp and am all always cold. I brought a light jacket but didn’t really need it. High for the day , just for everyone to gauge their own experience was 81, low of 61.
Ride lines: walked on the swings, Goofys sky school, and the swinging wheel of death. 10 minute waits for IC and TSM. Felt like a long wait for soarin and really regret taking so much time on this ride. Probably onky waited 20-30 minutes but we have been in this ride a million times, shouldn’t have wasted party time. RSR showed 20 minute wait times. We headed over and it went down. Went it came back up, line was 60 minutes, very disappointed. Guardians was close to walk on all night. Overall, less rides that I wanted to ride, longer lines than previous parties. I was disappointed
Parade: exactly like last year, except for the totally random addition of the chesihire cat at the end. Weird. I love this parade. I hope it stays the same forever. I love love love the grave diggers and the headless horseman! Found a seat less than 5 minutes before the parade by the Hyperion theater. Right on the curb. Awesome.
Treat trails: love love love the immersive treat trrails. My daughter (9) thought it was the coolest thing ever. Really cool. As for how much candy they hand out....who cares? You can walk through ten times if you want. I think we got 20 pounds of candy. I will not be buying any candy to hand out for Halloween because we have soooo much!! My ENTIRE backpack was completely full and I had two bags I was carrying. My neck and back hurt today!
Descendants dance party: again my daughter is 9. This was the highlight of her night. She was so happy I thought her head was going to explode. I thought it was lame but I’m 40, lol.
We missed WOC and the walkthrough at redwood creek trail. Super disappointed about missing both of them. I say it every year.....I really need two nights at these parties. I feel so rushed and even though i felt we hit everything very strategically, we still missed two big tickets items! And we stayed until almost the end. By 10:30 my daughter was almost in tears she was so exhausted. We did way over 20,000 steps and after a full day at school she was just beat. So was I!!
Food: missed all the special treats!
Characters: saw some weird characters out that I didn’t even recognize, this is not something we are interested so sorry no information on them!
Overall, we had a lot of fun. It’s a really special tradition that I have done with my daughter every year, sometimes with a group and a few years just the two of us. The past parties at Disneyland have just gotten better and better. The projections on Main Street and the cadaver dans are phenomenal and we missed it dearly this year. The whole atmosphere at Disneyland is just so much more immersive. And there are so many more rides that we have always walked in every ride, including the headliners liken Space mountain. So DCA disappointed a bit. The immersive treat trails were a major positive but with the move over to DCA I thought that all the regular treat trails could have been a little more decorated and not just a line to get candy. But a positive was the long parade route, it allowed for easy seating without wasting party time. Definitely worth the money but i do hope they move it back next year!

Anyone have information about how much Halloween even merch is left (not specific to Oogie Boogie, just in general). Want those mickey pumpkin ear hats and they're sold out online! Our trip is on Oct. 24 (just over two weeks).

I didn’t scour the parks but did keep my eye out as I wandered DL this evening and didn’t see any of the pumpkin ear hats so I’d be prepared for disappointment, especially since your trip is still a couple weeks away. Sorry!

I didn’t scour the parks but did keep my eye out as I wandered DL this evening and didn’t see any of the pumpkin ear hats so I’d be prepared for disappointment, especially since your trip is still a couple weeks away. Sorry!
they were readily available in both parks on Tuesday

I can’t find the post about it. For the haunted mansion ghosts and the bride, do they only come out on weekend nights? I’m going Monday and staying all day so I’m trying to find things to do throughout the day.

they were readily available in both parks on Tuesday
Interesting. I was looking last night because I had seen the original request and there were none at any of the stores I wandered through (Pioneer Mercantile, all of the Emporium side of Main Street, a couple other random small shops/kiosks that had other Halloween merch). I mainly saw the candy corn and dia de los muertos Minnie ears but no pumpkin hats. Perhaps just bad luck on where I looked. I didn’t go in any of the hat specific shops.

I can’t find the post about it. For the haunted mansion ghosts and the bride, do they only come out on weekend nights? I’m going Monday and staying all day so I’m trying to find things to do throughout the day.

Friday to Monday. But some people were told this was only on til the end of September. No idea if this was correct.

Anyone have information about how much Halloween even merch is left (not specific to Oogie Boogie, just in general). Want those mickey pumpkin ear hats and they're sold out online! Our trip is on Oct. 24 (just over two weeks).
I've been told the Party exclusive spirtit jerseys are gone too. But that story was going around a number of times, and they always had at least some for the next party.
Merchandise update (10/10): OBB spirit jerseys were in stock (full rack by GRR and 2 racks seen elsewhere, by WOC?). No candy corn spirit jerseys in stock at all. Mickey pumpkin ear hats were in plentiful supply by GRR and elsewhere. OBB ears were in stock. Oogie sippers were in good supply. Pins were still in stock. CMs advised asking around for what you want. Certain things, like the candy corn spirit jerseys are gone, but other things are around -- maybe behind the counter, maybe in the back, maybe in a different store -- keep asking.

One of my friends did an impressive Dory impersonation. "I see pretty lights."
I wasn't sure if it was because the end of the night and I was cranky and tired. Or maybe the slow people in front of me. Just not impressed. DH and I had a good laugh over it. NOT what Disney wanted. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter