Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

I'm going to have one shot at this and I'm already worried about missing the window when I go on the 15th. Anyone had a chance to use the disability pass at Hagrids yet?

I'm already swallowing the amount for an express pass since otherwise god knows how well trying to ride other rides might go...

Also just another question. Does anyone know if the ride has a 'chicken exit'? Friend does not like heights and by extension coasters (won't even go on the dark ones). Wondering if he can come through the queue with me if he wants without actually riding.

I'm going to have one shot at this and I'm already worried about missing the window when I go on the 15th. Anyone had a chance to use the disability pass at Hagrids yet?

I'm already swallowing the amount for an express pass since otherwise god knows how well trying to ride other rides might go...

Also just another question. Does anyone know if the ride has a 'chicken exit'? Friend does not like heights and by extension coasters (won't even go on the dark ones). Wondering if he can come through the queue with me if he wants without actually riding.
That sounds like child swap/rider switch to me...so I would think it would totally be possible!

I've used the Ruby Pass, which is basically the exact same as DAS except there's no return time, you just go whenever. Tried using it when the ride was up and when the ride was having difficulties. Basically, if the ride is running smoothly, you'll wait 15 minutes at most. If it's not working, well, you're screwed just like everyone else, except if it does come back up, you'll be waiting 15 additional minutes instead of wherever you'd be in the regular line.

We haven't been there since Hagrid's opened, but I can't imagine that they didn't build in a 'chicken exit'. They aren't going to make someone ride if they don't want to.

Legally, I think they have to have exits all over the place. Easy enough to just go through the queue and then wait in the child swap.

I think the rush to have the latest and greatest attractions will be an ongoing issue.

Theme park developers are in a no win situation. Look at Galaxies Edge for example. Is it popular? Yes. Is it the runaway train success that everyone thought it would be? Not yet. IMO, the main reason is the delay in Rise of the Resistance (Smuggler's run was never meant to anchor that new land). Disney took the tact of waiting to make sure it's right and it's affected the perception of how successful the new expansion really is.

On the other hand, Universal got Hagrid's done very quickly and maybe jumped the gun on opening and are now having issues that maybe could have been avoided with prolonged testing.

Different decisions, similar results: unhappy customers.

I'll be heading back to Universal early next year and hopefully they'll have it all fixed and more reliable as I've been looking forward to it since it was announced. I'll also be headed to Disneyland late next year and hope the wait for Rise works out in my favor.

eh, there are some rumblings, they are rushing it still. Lots of talk the ride is breaking down a lot in the testing, and really should be delayed. But can't since they announced the date. Have a feeling RotR will be a Hagrids situation where they will have super high wait times due to the amount of break downs the ride will have

Wait time said 75 minutes today around noon. Jumped in line, after about 30 minutes the ride went down for a bit. Was able to jump in the single rider line just before the building. Total time for me was almost 90 minutes. Wait time was 105 most of the afternoon

Hagrids did not open first thing today. We went to the 10:45 Grinch show and it seemed to have just opened then with a 210 minute wait. Haven’t seen it below 150 yet. Parks are crowded

Yes - there is a chicken exit in the final room right before boarding. As I recall, it’s a doorway that opens directly into the hall where riders exit after the ride is over. (There’s also another door to the outside in the final room, but that’s being used for the single rider queue and is a second entrance rather than an exit).

There’s also an exit in the workshop part of the queue, so don’t jump out too early and miss the final room. Or more tunnels. Lots and lots of twisting tunnels in that queue. Tunnels that never end. Just when you think you’re rounding the corner into something more interesting - nope, more tunnels.

We rope dropped Hagrid's this morning and I thought I'd chime in with our experience.

We arrived at the turnstiles around 8:15 am and there were already tons of people ahead of us. We chose the far left line. They started letting us all in at 8:40 but, due to the couple in front of us having ticket issues and DH having fingerprint issues we didn't get back as quickly as I would have liked. There were some runners mowing people over but, for the most part, everyone moved at a steady pace. We decided to not carry a backpack today and I'm glad we didn't because it was a madhouse at the lockers.

At 9:06 we were told that there was a delay in opening that eventually turned into an announcement that there was an extended delay. While we waited we were able to leave the queue to go to the bathroom, etc so long as one person in our party stayed in line. They would give each person a ticket to get out and you could get back in with the ticket going back in the way you came. For whatever reason, there were times where the lines would move quite a bit despite the ride not running. During this time the announcement explaining the extended delay repeated over and over. The preshow with Hagrid and Arthur was not running when we went through that room. Around 11 am they announced that class was in session and things started moving much faster. We were in the hallway after the dragon eggs and got through the last two rooms in the queue around 11:30 and the single rider line was up when we hit that point. The TM was asking the person who stood in the regular queue what they wanted to ride and then told the single rider what they were riding.

We were off the ride at 11:36. It was a VERY long wait but we felt committed once we were in line and the kids were willing to wait. After the ride, we ate lunch and then left because the lines were *very* long. I think Forbidden Journey had a 100+ minute wait when we walked by. There seem to be a lot of convention people in the parks.

We're rope dropping it again tomorrow and am hoping it works a bit better then. If you add in the time we spent in line including the wait for the park to open it was over 3 hours. I'm not sure I'd wait that long again but the ride is fantastic and we all loved it. We knew the potential for a delayed start so I was willing to take that risk (and, in this case, lose) but we have the luxury of multiple days at the parks. If we were only here for one day I don't that I would take the risk because it's such a time suck if it is delayed or goes down.

Or more tunnels. Lots and lots of twisting tunnels in that queue. Tunnels that never end. Just when you think you’re rounding the corner into something more interesting - nope, more tunnels.

This made me lol! I kept telling the kids this morning that I thought the next room would be the one before you board and, inevitably, it would be another dark, long, and twisty tunnel.

We rope dropped Hagrid's this morning and I thought I'd chime in with our experience.

We arrived at the turnstiles around 8:15 am and there were already tons of people ahead of us. We chose the far left line. They started letting us all in at 8:40 but, due to the couple in front of us having ticket issues and DH having fingerprint issues we didn't get back as quickly as I would have liked. There were some runners mowing people over but, for the most part, everyone moved at a steady pace. We decided to not carry a backpack today and I'm glad we didn't because it was a madhouse at the lockers.

At 9:06 we were told that there was a delay in opening that eventually turned into an announcement that there was an extended delay. While we waited we were able to leave the queue to go to the bathroom, etc so long as one person in our party stayed in line. They would give each person a ticket to get out and you could get back in with the ticket going back in the way you came. For whatever reason, there were times where the lines would move quite a bit despite the ride not running. During this time the announcement explaining the extended delay repeated over and over. The preshow with Hagrid and Arthur was not running when we went through that room. Around 11 am they announced that class was in session and things started moving much faster. We were in the hallway after the dragon eggs and got through the last two rooms in the queue around 11:30 and the single rider line was up when we hit that point. The TM was asking the person who stood in the regular queue what they wanted to ride and then told the single rider what they were riding.

We were off the ride at 11:36. It was a VERY long wait but we felt committed once we were in line and the kids were willing to wait. After the ride, we ate lunch and then left because the lines were *very* long. I think Forbidden Journey had a 100+ minute wait when we walked by. There seem to be a lot of convention people in the parks.

We're rope dropping it again tomorrow and am hoping it works a bit better then. If you add in the time we spent in line including the wait for the park to open it was over 3 hours. I'm not sure I'd wait that long again but the ride is fantastic and we all loved it. We knew the potential for a delayed start so I was willing to take that risk (and, in this case, lose) but we have the luxury of multiple days at the parks. If we were only here for one day I don't that I would take the risk because it's such a time suck if it is delayed or goes down.
Thanks so much for your report. Please let us know how you get on tomorrow.

If anyone is there tomorrow and sees the "Hagrid's will be closing early today" sign out, if you have time can you post here?
We plan on checking in at RPR and heading straight there after we land, but it is going to be close to 2:30ish, maybe 3. I know it says it closes at 3, but it seems to stay open some days longer. (Like today)
I "think" the days it for sure closes early there is a sign-??
Just want to mentally prepare if we will miss it. :)
TIA if anyone sees this!! If not, guess we find out when we get there! 😁

Hagrids did not open first thing today. We went to the 10:45 Grinch show and it seemed to have just opened then with a 210 minute wait. Haven’t seen it below 150 yet. Parks are crowded

Wow. What a difference a day makes. I was looking at wait times yesterday and everything other than Hagrids was shockingly low at 2 pm (Hulk was showing 25 mins). Sorry it was so crowded today.

Great night.

Saw Macy's Christmas parade at the Studios at 5:30. Went to see London decked out for Christmas. Then train to IoA. Went to Hippogriff entrance and saw the Christmas laser show on the castle. Rode Hippogriff.

On the way out we saw that they were still taking people into the Hagrid line at 7pm. They said they were about to close the line so we hit the lockers and got in line. Went to the Hagrid film room and it was playing (our first time seeing it). Only one batch of people behind us before line was closed. Finished ride at 7:35.

On our way out they asked if we wanted to ride again. They directed us right back around and we got back on as quick as we could walk around. Rode it 2 more times and off by about 7:50. Could have kept riding - I assume until 8pm.

Unbelievable ride at night. Got front row the first time tonight and it was incredible.

Great night.

Saw Macy's Christmas parade at the Studios at 5:30. Went to see London decked out for Christmas. Then train to IoA. Went to Hippogriff entrance and saw the Christmas laser show on the castle. Rode Hippogriff.

On the way out we saw that they were still taking people into the Hagrid line at 7pm. They said they were about to close the line so we hit the lockers and got in line. Went to the Hagrid film room and it was playing (our first time seeing it). Only one batch of people behind us before line was closed. Finished ride at 7:35.

On our way out they asked if we wanted to ride again. They directed us right back around and we got back on as quick as we could walk around. Rode it 2 more times and off by about 7:50. Could have kept riding - I assume until 8pm.

Unbelievable ride at night. Got front row the first time tonight and it was incredible.

That’s fantastic. Glad you got to be in the right place at the right time!

If anyone is there tomorrow and sees the "Hagrid's will be closing early today" sign out, if you have time can you post here?
We plan on checking in at RPR and heading straight there after we land, but it is going to be close to 2:30ish, maybe 3. I know it says it closes at 3, but it seems to stay open some days longer. (Like today)

If we're still in IOA tomorrow afternoon I'll check.

The sign was already out as we were queuing up this morning. We're already being told it's delayed.

Thanks
Hopefully since it’s delayed they’ll keep it open longer. If not rope drop tomorrow for us
Good luck!
That was my experience last month. Sign was out but they did not close early. App said it was closing early as well. I wouldn’t believe the sign or the app especially with a delayed opening in the morning. Definitely worth a shot today!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!