Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Would love to hear from someone that has received and used the Hagrid’s return pass due to the ride going down. Did you go through a separate line that might, one day be the Express Pass line? Did you skip the pre-show? How long was your wait? TIA
Hi, we used the return express pass yesterday. They bring you to the hallway that is right before the final room. It’s a huge timesaver! Maybe a 20’minute wait compared to the 180 wait time that was posted. Of course we waited over 2 hours the day before to get those passes...
I’m glad we went yesterday though because once again today the ride has been delayed since the park opened.

Hi all. If anyone's there this week, I'd love to know if the wait times in the afternoon are still approximate half to 2/3 the posted times. I think this is jersey week and I'd love to know if the trend holds during a busier time. We're going in 2 weeks and I don't know if I should assume shorter than posted times, given it's the weekend before Thanksgiving. Any info would be appreciated!

We were there this week for 3 days and able to ride 2 of the 3 days. I did see the wait at 60 mins briefly in the early afternoons, but if you weren't near the ride at this particular time forget it - especially if you took the train over from the other park. even with the express pass, it took at least 30 mins. The first time we rode, wait said 90 but were in line for about 60. The second time, wait was 120 and it took the whole 120 because it seemed to shut down a couple of times for 15 to 20 minutes at a time, not sure why.
Also, it was delayed at park opening pretty much every single day for hours, so we never tried lining up early.

All the delays, breakdowns and stoppages are really becoming inexcusable and bordering on incompetence. At this point, I would rather have had universal delay the opening a month so they could get it right. Playing delay roulette every morning and afternoon is ridiculous. I understand that all rides have problems from time-to-time but we are approaching the busiest times of the year with no fix in sight. I don’t see down times like this on the new Millennium Falcon ride or Slinky Dog Dash. As they say on the football broadcast, “C’mon, Man!”

All the delays, breakdowns and stoppages are really becoming inexcusable and bordering on incompetence. At this point, I would rather have had universal delay the opening a month so they could get it right. Playing delay roulette every morning and afternoon is ridiculous. I understand that all rides have problems from time-to-time but we are approaching the busiest times of the year with no fix in sight. I don’t see down times like this on the new Millennium Falcon ride or Slinky Dog Dash. As they say on the football broadcast, “C’mon, Man!”
I LOVE C'Mon Man! And I'm from StL too :)

Was really hoping they would have all the kinks out by our trip, but its looking like a pipe dream. 5 months after opening and still like it was the first month

I ended up leaving the line at 11:50am after rope dropping the park today. I was mostly annoyed by the fact that it seemed they were refusing to close the ride, empty the queue. And offer re-entry tickets after a nearly 3 hour wait after opening...not counting the extra hour the people around me had waited for rope drop. I didn’t have the heart to bother the team members who were already being barraged with questions they didn’t quite have the answers to. Trying to salvage the day for my son (and not having express passes on this trip) I called guest services and they were able to satisfy my frustration even though they couldn’t/wouldn’t offer a re-entry pass for Hagrid’s. After we ate lunch, we rode our first ride of the day at 2:00pm.

The last ride to be like this was FEA. It was as bad if not worse but it had the reason (excuse?) that it was a re-skin of an existing ride.

What's particularly frustrating in having a photo of the ride come up on the hompage of Universal. They seem to be ignoring all the frustrations people are having. Guests want to have fun, not worry about a 3 hour queue/wait etc for a ride they may not even get on.

Pretty much this. As I said before, they only get away with it because it is such a phenomenal ride.

The last ride to be like this was FEA. It was as bad if not worse but it had the reason (excuse?) that it was a re-skin of an existing ride.
At least that had FP, and if it went down when you had FP, you got an FP to ride it later. Not an option here unless you are lucky enough to wait long enough for them to deem you worthy of a ruby pass.

Hi all. If anyone's there this week, I'd love to know if the wait times in the afternoon are still approximate half to 2/3 the posted times. I think this is jersey week and I'd love to know if the trend holds during a busier time. We're going in 2 weeks and I don't know if I should assume shorter than posted times, given it's the weekend before Thanksgiving. Any info would be appreciated!
We were there Fri-Sun and the lowest wait I saw was 90 min. I wrote about our experience on Friday with the ride not opening and getting the return pass, which we used on Sat. My son and I rode again yesterday without a pass when the wait was posted as 90 min. On that day the ride had been delayed all morning and I think it started up in early afternoon. We were surprised to see 90 min and so hopped on line. As we waited the time grew to 240 minutes! Since we were already waiting, I wasn’t sure how that would play out for us. In the end, it was a little over 2 hours. It would have been faster but there were a lot of people with the ruby passes who merge at the room with the table. This really slows down the regular line. Once you’re past the merge, the line moves fairly quickly through the last corridor and the main hall. If you are at IOA during a time when the ride isn’t breaking down a lot (is there a time like that?), then people won’t have the ruby passes and the whole line will move more quickly, possibly leading to those actual wait times that are less than what’s posted.

We were there Fri-Sun and the lowest wait I saw was 90 min. I wrote about our experience on Friday with the ride not opening and getting the return pass, which we used on Sat. My son and I rode again yesterday without a pass when the wait was posted as 90 min. On that day the ride had been delayed all morning and I think it started up in early afternoon. We were surprised to see 90 min and so hopped on line. As we waited the time grew to 240 minutes! Since we were already waiting, I wasn’t sure how that would play out for us. In the end, it was a little over 2 hours. It would have been faster but there were a lot of people with the ruby passes who merge at the room with the table. This really slows down the regular line. Once you’re past the merge, the line moves fairly quickly through the last corridor and the main hall. If you are at IOA during a time when the ride isn’t breaking down a lot (is there a time like that?), then people won’t have the ruby passes and the whole line will move more quickly, possibly leading to those actual wait times that are less than what’s posted.
I really think these ruby passes are getting to be a problem because with the ride down so much more and more people are getting these passes and it's creating even more frustration.

I really think they just need to make a decision - open it AM or PM for now and have done with it until they can operate it for the full time the park is open.

It's just unfair to post a time but then double it because of ruby passholders cutting the line.

I set up the alert through the universal app to tell me when the ride opens. The other night it sent me a notification that it was open with a 15 minute wait after park close??

Maybe it was a glitch. I'm not there yet, so that might have had something to do with it?

I set up the alert through the universal app to tell me when the ride opens. The other night it sent me a notification that it was open with a 15 minute wait after park close??

Maybe it was a glitch. I'm not there yet, so that might have had something to do with it?

I think it’s just glitchy. I set the same alert while in the parks yesterday, and it notified me an hour after it actually opened (after the ride’s significant delayed opening).

I think it’s just glitchy. I set the same alert while in the parks yesterday, and it notified me an hour after it actually opened (after the ride’s significant delayed opening).

Also, to add another data point, I got in line today at noon and was on at 12:40 pm. The wait time outside said 120 minutes. So the points about Universal overestimating the wait is definitely correct (and my personal assumption is that it helps keep people out of line). Note that the ride didn’t go down while I waited, so that definitely helped.

This is truly nuts. Very frustrating and disappointing for all! We go in a little over two weeks and I have been following this thread for info and trying to make a solid plan. I think we will try rope drop the first day we’re there but if it’s down or an extended wait, we’ll bail and go enjoy Universal. I won’t wait too long before making that decision! I won’t wait in line all morning. Hopefully it’s running fine, but I know it’s a possibility it won’t be. Which is okay. Disappointing but it won’t make or break my days there. I hope we get to ride it at least once during our time there! Wish everyone else luck too! Keep those reports coming!

Also, to add another data point, I got in line today at noon and was on at 12:40 pm. The wait time outside said 120 minutes. So the points about Universal overestimating the wait is definitely correct (and my personal assumption is that it helps keep people out of line). Note that the ride didn’t go down while I waited, so that definitely helped.
They overestimate because downtime is so frequent.

Is this correct? --
* Wait times are significantly overestimated IF it doesn't shut down and hasn't had a long shutdown that day that resulted in lots of return passes. So a 120 minute posted wait time could be a totally manageable 40 minutes or 240 minutes if it shuts down.

* It goes down frequently at all times of day and night, and only sometimes they give out return passes.

* Arriving early and getting in line immediately is a big investment that may not pay off.

* No one knows when there will be either EP or early entry at IoA.

* Single rider is only sometimes available.

We will have an entire week in early January. The first full day of our trip is a 9/10 crowd but the other days range from 3-5 on the crowd calendars. Winter hours of 9-7 pm start the second full day of our trip. We will have express passes for basically everything else on this trip. We don't mind one or two early mornings. We can handle one long wait but only if we actually get to ride, and I know we'll want to ride more than once if possible. My kid is an expert single rider and wants the sidecar anyway, so that is an option. Do we just keep an eye on the line and shutdowns, or is there any time of the day when our odds are better or worse?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!