Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Disxuni

"Where's the fun without a bit of risk?"
I may be not planning to go until Fall, but I was curious if anyone heard anything yet about soft openings? I believe within one of the posts on this forum they stated their son discovered there was no soft opening when they went (this occurred within the last couple of days), since I haven't seen anything personally in other posts, I wanted to open an official post for people to start to report when it does, if they heard any rumors, and when it happens how crazy the wait times are.

EDIT: As a new milestone in the process of this ride opening occurs I change the title to match the subject of the latest milestone / topic.

Last edited:
I may be not planning to go until Fall, but I was curious if anyone heard anything yet about soft openings? I believe within one of the posts on this forum they stated their son discovered there was no soft opening when they went (this occurred within the last couple of days), since I haven't seen anything personally in other posts, I wanted to open an official post for people to start to report when it does, if they heard any rumors, and when it happens how crazy the wait times are.
The walls are down now with team members guarding the entrance so softs might be soon! The TM preview has to happen first but it could be any day now.

@Brett Wyman, I agree, as typically soft openings have started a lot sooner in the past. Also, @tink1957 that is some interesting news! I would imagine the time is approaching.

I hope so, too. Our last day in the park will be June 10. :oops:

I spoke to a TM (Hogwarts Conductor/Olivander/Tales of Beatle the Bard/and one more I forgot) on Sunday night and he wouldn't give out a whole lot of info (didn't have it to give) other than no TM previews yet have happened yet. He said development TM yes but none other than that. He said they have not been given any info on when they'll be given any dates yet.

That's good news. It'll be interesting to see what the weekend has in store, since we're closing in on a week until the grand opening.

I get goosebumps every time I see this thread pop to the top.

Then I open it just to find that someone else has disappointed me. :D

Yeah, it looks as though they're going to do a little bit of something, something for the grand opening, as it looks more like a stage and set with everything in front of the entrance. Hopefully once it's open they'll quickly shove everything out of the way, as it looks kind of awkward right now if all the people had to push through the entrance as it is now.

For those curious as to what it looks like:

Has there been "official" word that FOL will not be available for this attraction?
Going in July - would love if they allowed it ... but I doubt it.

Was there shortly after Gringotts/Diagon was opened ... those early mornings were painful.

Has there been "official" word that FOL will not be available for this attraction?
Going in July - would love if they allowed it ... but I doubt it.

Was there shortly after Gringotts/Diagon was opened ... those early mornings were painful.

If by FOL you mean "Express Pass" then yes, it has been officially announced that this ride will not have it when it opens.

It looks like they are trying to get Team member preview rides going today, but aren't quite there yet. Maybe tonight? They moved the big butterbeer cart closer to the entrance of hogsmeade to make room and are extending the queue line for Hogwarts express on the Kings Cross side in preparation. June 13th may be insane for crowds.

It makes sense for them to do it at night.

Honestly, in my opinion I would temporarily remove the cart until things cool down. Hogsmeade always is congested enough as it is, I can't imagine what it will be like once this ride opens. It's going to be standing room only. I know it's just another source to get the stuff, but they sell enough of that stuff that they don't need a cart honestly considering what's happening right now, but at the same time it would increase the other lines that serve those drinks if they took it away. It's kind of a double edged sword.

Do you know how they're extending the queue? I don't know how they can extend the queue for HE on the KC side, other than making more lines open more than usual, or extending it outside somehow.

Does anyone have experience riding Gringotts during the first week it was open and remember what wait times were at open? We will be at Universal on Tuesday the 18th and could be there right at open but behind the Universal Hotel guests. We could also do single rider but not sure that will help much. We will have Express Passes so not worried about everything else - but also don't want to commit 2-3 hours of a wait in the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!