Guys: How much do you pay for a haircut. (before tip)

What do you pay for a haircut before tip?

• Total voters
You can't understand why someone would want to look metrosexual or lumbersexual? It's just preferences; lots of people (men and women) have them. Hairstyles and beard grooming for men are definitely part of that for some people and if you don't want to look unpolished, you gotta pay for it...like most things in life.
Metro.

Dh- $17
Ds- $15 and every 11th haircut is free at his barber
Ds- $20

I'm pretty sure they all get a $5 tip but I only pay for my youngest ds's so I really don't know what dh or my other ds tip.

I haven't been there, but I remember some TV news puff pieces on getting cheap haircuts at beauty schools. One around San Francisco was the Vidal Sassoon Academy. Now would anyone here trust their hair to a student?

My dd's boss is a cosmetology student and she does cuts and color for dd at a discount.
I think she is officially graduated now but for the last 2 years my dd has gone to her.

My wife gives me a hard time because the barber shop I prefer is 6 miles from our house and charges $12. She points out that there are several barbershops within a mile our our house that charge $7 dollars.
I've been getting my hair cut at this barbershop since I was 3, so 59 years! Same shop, but 4th set of owners as previous owners retired or passed away.
Guys, what do you pay for a hair cut?

My husband goes to his same place where he grew up. He will usually get a hair cut when he goes to his moms for dinner. I couldn’t care less where he goes or what he pays. Lol

How long do these $7 haircuts last? Dh’s takes 30-45 minutes with the beard grooming and all, they’d have to be doing them SO fast to make any money, I’m surprised such a thing exists.
10 to 15 minutes. I had a beard for over 10 years, trimming that usually added 5 minutes to the time, and $5 extra charge at my $12 barbershop.
I have to admit I have gone to one of the $7 barbershops, and it did seem like a front for a money laundering operation. They did cut hair, but there never were any other customers in there.

Wow, that's fast! Do you have a buzz type cut? At least that now makes sense to me economically. It'd take longer for you to pay than for the service almost!

Yes, I have a buzz cut, but five minutes is still way too quick to do a good job cutting it. The place I go now takes 15-20 minutes; they taper around the ears, clean up the neckline with warm shaving cream and a straight razor, ask if I want an eyebrow trim, etc. The $7 place was just the electric clippers and get out of here.

As for going to a student, back in college I let a friend's girlfriend who was going to cosmetology school experiment on me once. I had longer fuller hair then, and she bleached it and gave a Rod Stewart shaggy look.

It was the '80s. I was a hockey player. Mullets were...like...ya' know...totally rad. :D Actually I didn't like the party in the front part, so I had it longer than most mullets.
It seems that’s still a pretty popular look among some hockey players along with a scraggly beard.

I haven't been there, but I remember some TV news puff pieces on getting cheap haircuts at beauty schools. One around San Francisco was the Vidal Sassoon Academy. Now would anyone here trust their hair to a student?

In a similar vein, we have a local optometry school with a clinic. I could have chosen to get exams there with my vision plan, or just pay a fee comparable to any other place. I understand that they use it to train students, but that a licensed optometrist (or possibly an ophthalmologist) will supervise the exams and double check the results. However, it's not specifically cutting anyone's hair though. I was told that they might actually take longer, but the quality of the exams is equivalent, especially with highly experienced personnel supervising.
How do you think they learn and perfect their skills? Most cosmetology schools give discounted cuts by students. Most professions involving working on people require students practicing on real people. :confused3

:laughing: My DH would rather die - he's :snooty: like that too. Me? If a $7 haircut was available, I'd be game...

Agree totally - I don't know why so many men think they look better with no hair than with thinning hair nicely trimmed. Now "The Donald" comb-over isn't a good look either, so don't be going there! ;)

If you’re looking for a cheaper haircut, see if there’s a school you could go to. I go to a hair college and they charge $15 for a haircut and every step is monitored by a teacher so I don’t ever get a hack job.

My husband shaves his head and he looks goooood. I personally think hair plugs look bad. No one is fooled if you are balding one day and have a full head of hair a few weeks later.

Do you leave her a nice tip? If not maybe that’s why.

that not it,I give her a 20,so thats seven dollar every cut, plus I just gave her another 20 for Christmas. She isnt a mean old lady to me but to the world,she hate everyone who doesnt vote like her, anyone who doesnt love baseball or the Cleveland teams. I quit watching baseball but before my cuts I get the laest news and stats so she wont be mad at me

I have a buzz cut, and have been cutting my own for years. I have a beard, although I keep it very low, and trim that up myself once every couple weeks. Those clippers were a great $20 investment. But it works for me, I know some people don't like it.

You don't have a number low enough. My husband cuts his own hair and has since 1992, when he bought a pair of clippers that he uses to this day. Cost: $19.95 in 1992, plus one new attachment piece that cost us $6 last year. Amortized per haircut, it's probably like a quarter. LOL

I pay $15 and that includes washing the hair, cutting/styling, and blow dryer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter