Guys: How much do you pay for a haircut. (before tip)

What do you pay for a haircut before tip?

• Total voters
No, no comb-overs. I keep it really short, because what's left is also going grey.

I don't have many pictures of me from my younger days, which is good because I'd probably be sad. I had really long hair in the 80s and early 90s.
:laughing: IMO you look better now (even though I've never seen you :magnify:). I despise long hair on men.

Maybe that's her way of saying she doesn't like the result? :rolleyes1

Well she does think I keep my hair too short but has never complained about the cut, just that I go too often. But she was horrified to discover, I get a hair cut every 2 months, but her dad and our son go every 2 WEEKS.

How long do these $7 haircuts last? Dh’s takes 30-45 minutes with the beard grooming and all, they’d have to be doing them SO fast to make any money, I’m surprised such a thing exists.

Just shows it takes all kinds...while I don’t love the super long beards, a smooth shaven face is an automatic “no” for me.
I’ve always disliked the metrosexual look. If you have better hair and eyebrows than me it’s just not going to work. Every guy I ever dated including my DH had long hair and a mustache, sometimes a beard. It had to be clean and neat though but no product. I’m a kid of the 80s and my dad was a “working hippie” so I’m sure my taste was influenced by both. DH still has long-ish hair. I’ve never seen him without a mustache.

I’ve always disliked the metrosexual look. If you have better hair and eyebrows than me it’s just not going to work. Every guy I ever dated including my DH had long hair and a mustache, sometimes a beard. It had to be clean and neat though but no product. I’m a kid of the 80s and my dad was a “working hippie” so I’m sure my taste was influenced by both. DH still has long-ish hair. I’ve never seen him without a mustache.

Lol about the eyebrows. I couldn’t agree more. My question though is how do you feel about the lumbersexual look.

Lol about the eyebrows. I couldn’t agree more. My question though is how do you feel about the lumbersexual look.
Had to look it up, lol. Eh, never was into guys who actively cultivate a “look.” I like no fuss, low maintenance.

I never heard that term and had to look it up. That metro look is very very odd to me. I can't understand why a man would want to look like that. My self I like a nice clean haircut with my hair just pushed back with my hand. I would never want a beard.

How long do these $7 haircuts last? Dh’s takes 30-45 minutes with the beard grooming and all, they’d have to be doing them SO fast to make any money, I’m surprised such a thing exists.

When I tried the $7 place it took no more than five minutes with clippers. Zip, zip, zip, done. And that was with changing guards from a #3 on top to a #2 on the sides and back.

I never heard that term and had to look it up. That metro look is very very odd to me. I can't understand why a man would want to look like that. My self I like a nice clean haircut with my hair just pushed back with my hand. I would never want a beard.

You can't understand why someone would want to look metrosexual or lumbersexual? It's just preferences; lots of people (men and women) have them. Hairstyles and beard grooming for men are definitely part of that for some people and if you don't want to look unpolished, you gotta pay for it...like most things in life.

$0. I just have my wife chop it off. Simple, but I save potentially hundreds a year that way. Plus, tipping her is a lot more fun than tipping a stranger.

When I tried the $7 place it took no more than five minutes with clippers. Zip, zip, zip, done. And that was with changing guards from a #3 on top to a #2 on the sides and back.

Wow, that's fast! Do you have a buzz type cut? At least that now makes sense to me economically. It'd take longer for you to pay than for the service almost!

I remember mine was done in about 12 minutes. They were moving quickly, but in the words of John Wooden, "Be quick, but don't hurry".

I remember way back when the company Supercuts was somewhat new, they claimed (in a pamphlet) something about specifically training their cutters in some technique to treat the hair in layers so as to cut quickly with good results. This was back when they were advertising $6-8 haircuts and the price was prominently paced on the window. However, then I saw some news reports that their franchises often just hired new beauty school graduates with little experience. Speaking of Supercuts, the original location is no longer one. They used to have a display on the window prominently stating that it was the first location. They moved to a new location, and it's no longer considered Store #1.

First_Supercuts.jpg

$0 I haven't seen a barber/hairstylist since we were married, my sister in law was a stylist and talked to my wife and she's done it ever since. For the amount of hair I have I can't see paying somebody for a 5 minute trim.

I haven't been there, but I remember some TV news puff pieces on getting cheap haircuts at beauty schools. One around San Francisco was the Vidal Sassoon Academy. Now would anyone here trust their hair to a student?

In a similar vein, we have a local optometry school with a clinic. I could have chosen to get exams there with my vision plan, or just pay a fee comparable to any other place. I understand that they use it to train students, but that a licensed optometrist (or possibly an ophthalmologist) will supervise the exams and double check the results. However, it's not specifically cutting anyone's hair though. I was told that they might actually take longer, but the quality of the exams is equivalent, especially with highly experienced personnel supervising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter