Guys: How much do you pay for a haircut. (before tip)

What do you pay for a haircut before tip?

• Total voters
The cheapest barbershop here for guys is $12, DH goes and tips $8, ds16 and ds20 pay $15 (and tip $5). If the woman who cuts their hair isn’t available (and ds20 needs a cut because he’s home on break), he pays $25 at my salon (and tips $5). DH isn’t picky, but my boys’ are, DH is a walk in, my boys need to make appointments where they go. I doubt you can get a cut for $7 anywhere here.

The cheapest barbershop here for guys is $12, DH goes and tips $8, ds16 and ds20 pay $15 (and tip $5). If the woman who cuts their hair isn’t available (and ds20 needs a cut because he’s home on break), he pays $25 at my salon (and tips $5). DH isn’t picky, but my boys’ are, DH is a walk in, my boys need to make appointments where they go. I doubt you can get a cut for $7 anywhere here.
I wouldn't want a $7 haircut.

You didn't put an option for "other" or $0. DW cuts my hair. In fact, I need one today. I have the typical male pattern baldness, so there isn't a lot left. A set of electric clippers and it takes all of 5 minutes. I flat refuse to shave my head (and thankfully DW doesn't ask or want me to), as I utterly hate the shaved head look. Ugh, no way.

Wish I could afford to do hair transplant or whatever. Before it fell out, I had the thickest head of hair anywhere. Barbers used to charge extra to cut it when I was younger because I had so much. So sad it's all gone... :sad1:, but at least I can take comfort that it lives on in 2 of my 3 kids. DS11 has hair more like DW and her father, which is "normal" thickness, but DD11 and DS14 have my hair. Super thick and lightly curly.

Our wedding was 45 years, 7 months, 10 days ago today so my last haircut paid for was the same time frame from yesterday and was $8.00. After which cheapo (FREE BY ME) razor comb cutting employed up until bicycle crash on April 9, 2011 resulting in minor broken neck and have shaved head since then.

Used to pay about $15 on average. But my wife has now been cutting my hair for free for the last 3 years.

I wouldn't want a $7 haircut.
:laughing: My DH would rather die - he's :snooty: like that too. Me? If a $7 haircut was available, I'd be game...
You didn't put an option for "other" or $0. DW cuts my hair. In fact, I need one today. I have the typical male pattern baldness, so there isn't a lot left. A set of electric clippers and it takes all of 5 minutes. I flat refuse to shave my head (and thankfully DW doesn't ask or want me to), as I utterly hate the shaved head look. Ugh, no way.

Wish I could afford to do hair transplant or whatever. Before it fell out, I had the thickest head of hair anywhere. Barbers used to charge extra to cut it when I was younger because I had so much. So sad it's all gone... :sad1:, but at least I can take comfort that it lives on in 2 of my 3 kids. DS11 has hair more like DW and her father, which is "normal" thickness, but DD11 and DS14 have my hair. Super thick and lightly curly.
Agree totally - I don't know why so many men think they look better with no hair than with thinning hair nicely trimmed. Now "The Donald" comb-over isn't a good look either, so don't be going there! ;)

:laughing: My DH would rather die - he's :snooty: like that too. Me? If a $7 haircut was available, I'd be game...

Agree totally - I don't know why so many men think they look better with no hair than with thinning hair nicely trimmed. Now "The Donald" comb-over isn't a good look either, so don't be going there! ;)

No hair looks like they chose it. Bald and trim looks like they're balding old men. The secret is to go the totally bald look before it thins enough for everyone to know you're still a balding old man. Otherwise, everyone still knows. As for me, the bald gene seems to have passed me by. However, I'm still natural above the ears for some reason but have gone completely grey below them.

I think my husband pays about $20. It's as much a social outing as it is a haircut. I just can't imagine nitpicking over things like this.

They do give my dh beer he likes (he’s fantastically picky about his beer, if I have to drink it, I just drink pbr) at his barber shop. I guess that offsets what appears to be a higher price, but that just seems to be he pricing around here. Dad pays his stylist $50 total, but he has super thick hair and I’m not sure how much of that is tip. She’s been taking care of him a long time and tends to work him in whenever he needs an emergency cut (which knowing dad is every time he gets his hair cut.)

They do give my dh beer he likes (he’s fantastically picky about his beer, if I have to drink it, I just drink pbr) at his barber shop. I guess that offsets what appears to be a higher price, but that just seems to be he pricing around here. Dad pays his stylist $50 total, but he has super thick hair and I’m not sure how much of that is tip. She’s been taking care of him a long time and tends to work him in whenever he needs an emergency cut (which knowing dad is every time he gets his hair cut.)
That's the thing with my husband who pays a lot more for a cut than I do. He's been with his stylist for like twenty years and it's a whole experience. One time we were going somewhere after his appointment and I tagged along and just waited for him to be done. They made me a cocktail! I wasn't even the client!

DSis charges $10 for kids, $15 for men. As we are on the “family plan” she will accept whatever I choose to give her. Since butts are taking space for potentially higher paying customers I give her $20 per each kid and DH. Men’s/Boy’s cuts include “clean up,” necks, ears, mustache and the occasional errant eyebrow hairs.

My husband and son go to the same woman and I think it is 13 or 14. They have a nice relationship with the hair dresser there, she is very sweet to them and accommodating.

If they had been going to the same place for decades like the OP I would never suggest they find somewhere else to save a few bucks.

I just had to ask my DH. He pays $15 plus gives a $5 tip. I could really careless about how much he pays as long as he tips. Just like he really doesn't care how much I pay for my haircuts.

I use the Flowbee. j/k.

Flowbee-rick-1.jpg

I've been going to an old-fashioned barber shop for about five years now. It was $15 for a basic haircut, but they just raised the price to $16 at the beginning of the year. I'm one of the younger customers at age 59. The sign says "Family Hairstyling" but I've never seen a woman or girl get a service. Occasionally a woman brings a kid or teen boy or even her father for a cut. There are two barbers, one a woman. I prefer her, but it's first come first served.

Before that I tried one of those $7 places a few times but they did a crappy job.

Last edited:
My sons
And husband pay $18 at the barber.
It was $15 for soooo many years. Guess it was time for an increase.

No, no comb-overs. I keep it really short, because what's left is also going grey.

I don't have many pictures of me from my younger days, which is good because I'd probably be sad. I had really long hair in the 80s and early 90s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter