Grateful, Thankful, Blessed: our 25th Anniversary SeaWorld Celebration (Spring ’18 TR)

I upload all pics to the Dis from Facebook. I used to use Photobucket, but turned to Facebook when Photobucket switched their platform and started charging for storage (though apparently they have a new CEO and free storage has returned.....however, I won't be returning there as a user). I opened an "Only Me" album on Facebook which doesn't post to my timeline for any pictures that I don't necessarily want showing up on my Facebook wall. I can still copy the imagine links and share on the Disboards at full resolution without worrying about imagine size restrictions. I have found it to be the quickest and easiest way to share pictures here, especially when many of my pics are shared with friends on Facebook anyway......so its just right click, copy the image address, and pop into a Dis post :thumbsup2.

Thanks for the info! I have a Facebook account that I really don't use much. I've been meaning to get more active there! I think I'll change that now that my son is moving to Florida! We can stay in touch. Good to know about the only me album. I wouldn't want all of my pictures in my regular album. :)

@dancin Disney style and her little proteges:

proud-cat-mommies-45__605.jpg
Hold it right there sister.....I'm not that grey yet.

Live PD? :scratchin I'll have to look that one up.

Live PD is probably the only show that I watch with any consistency. Every Friday and Saturday night at 9:00 and then they re-run the episode again at midnight (in case I doze off and miss anything). Clearly I live and dazzling and amazing life since my weekend nights are glued to the TV. At least Tony likes to watch it with me!

There were three types of pizzas: cheese, Hawaiian and pepperoni

Hawaiian is not pizza. It is bread and sauce ruined by pineapple!

Miss you my friend! Hope you are well.

:laughing:

Just noticed your countdown ticker . You’ll be at Disney soon!!!
Ya...I think we're going. For the last couple of months it's been on, then off, then on, then off......you'll sense the theme here. Right at this exact moment I'm going. The wayward nephew keeps getting into trouble and I lost my MVP at work. So while I'm SUPER worried about going anyway for more than 5 minutes, I've got partial coverage at work (the other part I'm going to close) and partial coverage on the nephew front. Everyone keeps telling me to go.

Live PD is probably the only show that I watch with any consistency. Every Friday and Saturday night at 9:00 and then they re-run the episode again at midnight (in case I doze off and miss anything). Clearly I live and dazzling and amazing life since my weekend nights are glued to the TV. At least Tony likes to watch it with me!
Canadian A&E runs Live PD EVERY SINGLE DAY. I only watch Friday or Saturday. I keep meaning to catch the new body cam show.

The food at Aquatica looks really good! I'll have to eat there when I finally make it over

Is it the Animal Trek tour that has caught your eye? It DOES look awesome! But you know, I think you'd really love the Trainer for a Day package ::yes::. I know it's pricey, but it has your name written ALL over it. Sure would be fun for a splurge!

Are you still working at Magic Kingdom, Joanna? I think that's where you were working when we were there last October, if my memory serves me correct. I will definitely give you our feedback after the Sleepy Hollow event this year. If you are still at MK, it would be super easy for you to pop over and enjoy some night after a day shift in the park ::yes::.

That's the one!! And funny enough, that experience is also on my to-do list (I think it sounds amazing!). I also hope to do the Trainer for a Day at BG

And I sure am! That would be an idea

I upload all pics to the Dis from Facebook. I used to use Photobucket, but turned to Facebook when Photobucket switched their platform and started charging for storage (though apparently they have a new CEO and free storage has returned.....however, I won't be returning there as a user). I opened an "Only Me" album on Facebook which doesn't post to my timeline for any pictures that I don't necessarily want showing up on my Facebook wall. I can still copy the imagine links and share on the Disboards at full resolution without worrying about imagine size restrictions. I have found it to be the quickest and easiest way to share pictures here, especially when many of my pics are shared with friends on Facebook anyway......so its just right click, copy the image address, and pop into a Dis post :thumbsup2.

Ooo, good to know! I'll have to remember this if I ever need to upload pictures

Woot! Good to know the Buffet is still a good buy. I guess we have low standards, but we always thought at least one food or two was good at that Buffet. Glad to know for an upcharge, can use the other 2 restaurants. And ooh, have to see if a pass holder discount is available for it next year. Really thinking about buying the Super Grover, as now saying it's good until end of January 2020. If so, may sneak a trip to Aquadica or SW or both, when in October. While I like VB, Roa Rapids has to be one of my most favorite water park "rides".

Yep, phone cameras have come a long way. I rarely take our cameras any more. Plus, so easy to share from the phone. And thanks for that tip about Face Book picture hosting. I tend to just use our Apple cloud.

Looks like you had nice weather for the boat ride.

3 week countdown for me, though mostly only visiting Harry. My AP keeps burning a hole in my wallet.

I just booked the ultimate package for the return to sleepy hollow on Sunday the 28th - dh has NO CLUE - he is originally from NY and LOVES sleepy hollow

:sad: I'm so sad our Aquatica Day was a bust on our last visit! I have the feeling it was the last "family' vacation before the girls head off to college. Maybe with the lure of a real Aquatica Day with Cabana will make them want one more trip with mom and dad. :fish:Your photos and trip reports make me want to go back.

Ya...I think we're going. For the last couple of months it's been on, then off, then on, then off......you'll sense the theme here. Right at this exact moment I'm going. The wayward nephew keeps getting into trouble and I lost my MVP at work. So while I'm SUPER worried about going anyway for more than 5 minutes, I've got partial coverage at work (the other part I'm going to close) and partial coverage on the nephew front. Everyone keeps telling me to go.

:goodvibes That all goes well and you get your vacay!! You're doing a wonderful thing by helping out your nephew!:)

3 week countdown for me, though mostly only visiting Harry. My AP keeps burning a hole in my wallet.

:cheer2:

Thanks for the info! I have a Facebook account that I really don't use much. I've been meaning to get more active there! I think I'll change that now that my son is moving to Florida! We can stay in touch. Good to know about the only me album. I wouldn't want all of my pictures in my regular album. :)

If you happen to step up your social media presence and dust off that Facebook page, be sure to add me as a friend :flower3:. With a last name as unusual as mine, at least I'm easy to find!

Hold it right there sister.....I'm not that grey yet.

line-of-style-grey-post.jpg

Hawaiian is not pizza. It is bread and sauce ruined by pineapple!

Miss you my friend! Hope you are well.

I miss you too, beautiful. Have you started planning the next trip yet? ;)

I totally agree with you where Hawaiian pizza is concerned. This pretty much sums up my thoughts:

1homl7.jpg

For the record, I absolutely LOVE pineapple. Just not on a pizza!

Canadian A&E runs Live PD EVERY SINGLE DAY. I only watch Friday or Saturday. I keep meaning to catch the new body cam show.

By the sounds of things, I'm pretty sure you need this trip more than you've ever needed one ::yes::. I certainly hope things don't go off the rails between now and your departure date. I think you have all of us here crossing our fingers for you.

Will you drop in every now and again and give us a live report or two?

The food at Aquatica looks really good! I'll have to eat there when I finally make it over

That's the one!! And funny enough, that experience is also on my to-do list (I think it sounds amazing!). I also hope to do the Trainer for a Day at BG

And I sure am! That would be an idea

Ooo, good to know! I'll have to remember this if I ever need to upload pictures

Ah, Busch Gardens! Still on my list of to-do's ::yes::. I must make adding a visit to BG as a priority for one of next year's trips.

It was voted #1 water park in the USA this year!

Even better! :cheer2: I'm glad I'm not the only one who has recognized it's awesomeness!

Woot! Good to know the Buffet is still a good buy. I guess we have low standards, but we always thought at least one food or two was good at that Buffet. Glad to know for an upcharge, can use the other 2 restaurants. And ooh, have to see if a pass holder discount is available for it next year. Really thinking about buying the Super Grover, as now saying it's good until end of January 2020. If so, may sneak a trip to Aquadica or SW or both, when in October. While I like VB, Roa Rapids has to be one of my most favorite water park "rides".

Yep, phone cameras have come a long way. I rarely take our cameras any more. Plus, so easy to share from the phone. And thanks for that tip about Face Book picture hosting. I tend to just use our Apple cloud.

Looks like you had nice weather for the boat ride.

I don't think you have low standards at all. Like any buffet, there's some good items and some less than stellar. Disney buffets are no different either. But overall, its good value for the dollar.....ad we've definitely never left hungry. You've met my Steve, so that's sayin' something! :laughing:

3 weeks to go....I am super envious! Are you getting a car rental this trip? If so, what's your rental rate like? Still hoping for my big drop for October.

You only live once, my friend. Buy that Super Grover pass and don't look back. You'll get your money's worth and more. And hopefully you could experience both Ray Rush at AQ and Infinity Falls at SW....assuming the latter ever opens!!

I just booked the ultimate package for the return to sleepy hollow on Sunday the 28th - dh has NO CLUE - he is originally from NY and LOVES sleepy hollow

SOOOO excited for you! You'll get to experience it before we do! I'm shocked they still had spaces available.......you lucked in for sure :thumbsup2.

:sad: I'm so sad our Aquatica Day was a bust on our last visit! I have the feeling it was the last "family' vacation before the girls head off to college. Maybe with the lure of a real Aquatica Day with Cabana will make them want one more trip with mom and dad. :fish:Your photos and trip reports make me want to go back.

I bet they will be happy to have one more family vacay ::yes::. Much as our kiddos like to spread their wings as they grow up, the need for family never really leaves their hearts. You've all made too many happy memories in Orlando for them NOT to want to go.

I am so disappointed that your Aquatica day didn't pan out like you'd hoped, too :sad1:. I *so* wish you could extend your trip by a few days in October and enjoy both a SW & AQ day with us before you fly home. We would have a blast!

1homl7.jpg

SOOOO excited for you! You'll get to experience it before we do! I'm shocked they still had spaces available.......you lucked in for sure :thumbsup2.

I DO! LOVE a Spicy Hawaiian - Spicy Sausage, Pineapple, and Jalapenos!

They had TWO SPOTS for that Sunday left for the duration of our trip - I JUMPED on them! I would bet it was because it was the $60 tickets

Tuesday, May 8th: the conclusion

32073977_10156732787441416_6957724230699974656_n.jpg

Water park days are always a little harder to report on because they tend to be a little more....."free form". With no crowds or lines to deal with and the all day dining purchased, we pretty much just did whatever we pleased for the balance of the day. In addition to Roa's Rapids, we both enjoyed significant time in the wave pool (especially when our cabana was located immediately adjacent to this attraction):

32104959_10156732790091416_739913111506518016_n.jpg

31967933_10156732790656416_5366781126360694784_n.jpg

....as well as floating lazily along Loggerhead Lane, the "lazy" lazy river (which, unlike Roa's Rapids, has tubes). Unfortunately, while I specifically purchased a waterproof case for my phone before our trip, I forgot it at the villa when we left that morning :headache: so I wasn't able to get as many photos as I'd hoped to. Shows you how excited we were to get out the door and into the park ::yes::.

Every so often throughout the day, Steve headed off to ride another couple of slides. While he did so, I took the opportunity to watch the beautiful Commerson dolphins swim :love::

31960763_10156732788751416_2784773833138110464_n.jpg

32205798_10156732788866416_240153899514724352_n.jpg

....and I also enjoyed a little shopping. Our cabana rental entitled us to 20% off at the gift shop that day, so it was a great time to pick up souvenirs.

31969910_10156732789006416_6966207839081594880_n.jpg

We did stop by Ray Rush a couple of times, as the staff had suggested there might be a soft opening for an hour or so in the later part of the afternoon, but alas....t'was not to be. While the ride was running, it was not open to park guests......though it did open officially on Saturday morning. Just as we were taking to the skies en route home to Detroit :cool:.

38280552_10156929391791416_2537869344545701888_n.jpg

We popped in and out of the buffet as we felt like nibbling, and Roa's continued to be our go-to spot to just hang out and relax.

32116972_10156732787636416_4303644830744969216_n.jpg

Oh yeah, and our cabana too... ..Steve took a nice little 45 minute siesta in the mid afternoon to recharge his batteries. :beach:

It was such a perfect weather day......high in the low 90's and nothing but sunshine....that we stayed right until close. We squeezed every single second of fun out of the day that we could!

32116460_10156732790731416_6925053720149360640_n.jpg

It was a quiet and relaxing evening for us at the resort. All the sun, water play, and food had left us both tired and content. Waterlogged and weary, we enjoyed watching a movie in that wonderfully comfy king sized "Heavenly Bed" before drifting easily off to sleep :faint:. It was a good day, indeed :goodvibes.

38218442_10156929391826416_6103976880778510336_n.jpg

Next up: Wednesday

If you happen to step up your social media presence and dust off that Facebook page, be sure to add me as a friend :flower3:. With a last name as unusual as mine, at least I'm easy to find!

Yep- I plan to resurrect my Facebook presence in the next few weeks! I'd be honored to be your friend there!!:)
While he did so, I took the opportunity to watch the beautiful Commerson dolphins swim :love::

Just adore dolphins!:love:

How nice you got the perfect day for a water park! The last time we did Aquatica it was beautiful to start the day then after some rain went by it was cloudy and there was a little chill in the air - in August!! You need sun and high temps to be comfortable walking around wet all day!

You’re Aquatica pictures are lovely! And I’m pretty sure we will end up there after all!
Our trip is changing shape .. we had a discussion at dinner last night about the cost of our Disney tickets and just how much we could do with that money on our trip if we chose to not go to Disney this time ( close to $2000 Canadian in Disney tickets ). The kids absolutely jumped at the idea of a non theme park Orlando trip. They started rattling off all the things they would do instead ( outlet shopping, waterpark, visit my sister in Tampa and go to Clearwater, escape rooms, mini golf, Kennedy Space Center etc). I wasn’t seriously considering it when I mentioned it, but we sure are now. I think now that they are 14 and 21 they want a vacation that isn’t dawn to dusk Go! Go! Go!. My husband said that he’d love to go back once Star Wars is open and maybe use this March trip to see more of Orlando and surrounding area. We had a great time in St Pete’s when we were there last January.

You can bet I will be getting some inspiration from you my friend if we decide to skip the theme parks ! I’m actually more excited by this possibility than I thought :scratchin.

Hi I am so happy to finally be back and catching up on your report:goodvibes... Life has been busy with teens and issues but hopefully calming down a bit. Also when the teens are home I am busy doing things with them

I love your report on Sea World and Aquatica. I think we will really enjoy these parks. I will be waiting a couple of months to put anything together as we are trying to decided about moving down a year early. If we decided to I will have to scrap plans till we get there later next summer. If we decided to stay put another year I will be jumping on the planning and looking for deals.

It was so nice to hear how you enjoy the water park. It really can be a relaxing day. We usually go in the summer months and it is always crazy. This means hitting rides early then trying to relax a bit later. I like the off season idea. The food looked great at the buffet. I think that was a great price. I like dining plans a lot and try to fit in when I can.

Your new phone camera takes great pics. How nice to be excited about a purchase especially when it is expensive.

I love your sleepy-hollow shirts. What a great idea. As you can see from my trip report I love matching shirts at lest once. It sounds like a great addition to your trip!

I hope the fur babies are good and can't wait to read more:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter