Grateful, Thankful, Blessed: our 25th Anniversary SeaWorld Celebration (Spring ’18 TR)

Sooooo……..I'm officially going. A friend showed me how to decode Priceline (and there is a long thread here on the Dis about it) so I took a leap of faith and booked a room. With the help of my friend and that long thread I scored POFQ for my dates at $94/night. I would have much preferred a villa with kitchen but this makes GC happy and at the price I got I couldn't say no, it's was less than a value level resort. The catch is it's non-refundable. I'm now trying o sort out the last few details.....airport parking, rental car and what we will be doing. I bought MNSSHP tickets for the 24th and so far that's all that is planned.

Me too, me too......seeing as how we met up long before it was a thing :rotfl:

How much, your killing me. My week at POFQ in December certainly didn't cost that :(

Enjoy your break :)

I'm really happy you decided to go. Problems will always be there.. you deserve to get away from them for awhile. And POFQ on Priceline?!?! For under $100? What a freaking steal!:banana:
Thank you...funny that we never tell ourselves we deserve something. Do you think that’s the mommy brain taking over?

You know, every year I seem to stumble on a new deal that gets me a WDW resort for less than the year before. The prices have really shot up this year though. A room at POP was more than what I’ve paid during peak season. I guess they have to recoup the reno money.

Yes- very fun!! I think my son Troy was a little surprised I was planning our meet, but now that he's been in Orlando doing DCP, he met so many people on Facebook groups first and then met up with them. So, I guess it's becoming the new normal!

Have a great trip!:cheer2: I'll be at work- 10 minutes from the airport. will go out and wave:wave:
LOL....It's ok for the kids to meet people online but not the moms.

Paige is planning to apply to the international exchange program after she graduates from university in 3 years time. I would love to be able to go visit her a bunch of times and reap a perk or two. Although, she's already getting small job doing competitive choreography. If this continues she may not be able to take a year away to work at WDW.

How much, your killing me. My week at POFQ in December certainly didn't cost that :(

Enjoy your break :)
Priceline my friend....it was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be but there are two catches. First, it's non refundable. Second, you have to be patient as the WDW resorts are not there all the time and they become available only a few weeks in advance. The Swan and Dolphin seem to be there a whole lot though. I could have had that for $108/night. If you want to give it a go I'm more than happy to help.

Sorry to be off topic but I asked about advice for my niece moving to Schenectady and a couple of people kindly offered to help, but I can't find the posts!. They are looking at renting and have been told to look at Saratoga Springs, Malta and Ballston Spa. Can anyone tell me if these are nice areas, and they also need to consider schools in these areas too.

Unfortunately the realtor who was supposed to be helping them had the wrong contact information so nothing is booked I. and they fly out Thursday to look at properties but have little idea. Any advice welcome.

Gina hope you don't mind me asking.

Priceline my friend....it was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be but there are two catches. First, it's non refundable. Second, you have to be patient as the WDW resorts are not there all the time and they become available only a few weeks in advance. The Swan and Dolphin seem to be there a whole lot though. I could have had that for $108/night. If you want to give it a go I'm more than happy to help.

That's a lovely offer thank you. However, this year we are now booked with UK tickets etc, however, I will keep it in mind should we go again.

Paige is planning to apply to the international exchange program after she graduates from university in 3 years time. I would love to be able to go visit her a bunch of times and reap a perk or two. Although, she's already getting small job doing competitive choreography. If this continues she may not be able to take a year away to work at WDW.

Good job Paige!!:thumbsup2 That is wonderful about her job!

Troy loved the CP, but in the US it's only for a semester and then you can extend for a short time. He started at the end of January and his session went until May. He extended until July. He did say that International students stay longer. It was nice to get the discounts!:)

Fur real?

:rotfl:Ok- I just choked on my coffee laughing!

Great start to your SW day. Shame you had to go into work on your weekend, hopefully it wasn't too bad.

It wasn't too long each day, but it sure made me feel like I didn't really get a weekend. Then I topped it off with a crazy Monday and Tuesday :crazy2:. Today's been a nice reprieve.....a full day off to catch up on housecleaning, laundry and all the other stuff that has been ignored (including the Dis!).

Violet and Dash are adorable! I love those little faces, such sweethearts!

Those Halloween shirts are hilarious. Not offensive in any way, just fun!

Busch Gardens is definitely worth a visit on one of your future trips. Steve would love the coasters and there’s lots non-thrill ride stuff for you to enjoy. I’ve been meaning to post a trip report about my day there this April but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

I’ve seen Pets Ahoy a few times and really enjoyed it – such a cute, fun show!

We are truly thinking of adding in a couple of days at BG in April ::yes::. The idea of incorporatnig a couple of days in Tampa on the beginning or end of our week in Orlando is sounding more and more appealing!

We've actually done a day trip from Orlando, too if staying the night isn't a good option. It's not a bad round trip ride!

They are absolutely beautiful!!
No judgment from me! I'm the President of the local Crazy Cat Lady club!:cat:

I agree! My cats barely give me an ear turn when I call them- can't imagine them learning those tricks!!

I have to look into the Sea World tours! We did the Behind the Scenes tour and it was great!! :thumbsup2

c63a3bd456173a9404dcc282704ff010--crazy-cat-lady-crazy-cats.jpg

A happy International Cat Day to you, my friend :cat:. Violet and Dash send out a big hello in honor of the occasion!

38752170_10156948329331416_4219549396859092992_n.jpg

38801299_10156948338401416_2542352659042533376_n.jpg

Then, Dash let out a big yawn and promptly went back to sleep :laughing:.

38721599_10156948329446416_3189001178486669312_n.jpg

SeaWorld tours are the BEST, aren't they? We've done the VIP Tour, Behind the Scenes tour, Wild Artic Tour, and both Dolphin experiences. This October we'll scratch off the Animal Ambassador and Sea Lion tours, so spring will have to be......penguins!

That was a plan, but I think we've decided not to go. My main reason for going is because mom would have wanted to be there. To be honest, I'm not that close to my cousins and to spend all that money on a trip to see people I'm not that friendly with and that Tony doesn't even know seems silly. My new plan is to send them a nice gift and stay home. Besides all that money saved can go towards other things!

Love the matching green shirts!

Ah, I totally get it. Oh, to have unlimited budgets!!! :cloud9: A girl can dream, right?

Awww, the kitties are so cute!!

And love the shirts- I think they are perfect

Thank you! :goodvibes

I love that pet show. it is different than when we took Madeline for her first trip in 2008(I think)

What was the original show like? A different story line?

Thanks for mentioning car rental costs - i checked and ours with the MIL rate through Alamo went down $35.00! Was able to book the new reservation and cancel the old one!

Wahoo! :woohoo: So happy for ya!

I need to remember to check mine again tonight....it's been a few days since I ran the dates and times.

Sooooo……..I'm officially going. A friend showed me how to decode Priceline (and there is a long thread here on the Dis about it) so I took a leap of faith and booked a room. With the help of my friend and that long thread I scored POFQ for my dates at $94/night. I would have much preferred a villa with kitchen but this makes GC happy and at the price I got I couldn't say no, it's was less than a value level resort. The catch is it's non-refundable. I'm now trying o sort out the last few details.....airport parking, rental car and what we will be doing. I bought MNSSHP tickets for the 24th and so far that's all that is planned.

So happy that you have officially decided to make the trip :thumbsup2. You deserve the time away. Will you be dressing up for MNSSHP?

Thank you...funny that we never tell ourselves we deserve something. Do you think that’s the mommy brain taking over?

You know, every year I seem to stumble on a new deal that gets me a WDW resort for less than the year before. The prices have really shot up this year though. A room at POP was more than what I’ve paid during peak season. I guess they have to recoup the reno money.

Congrats to Paige! You must be one proud momma :goodvibes.

Sorry to be off topic but I asked about advice for my niece moving to Schenectady and a couple of people kindly offered to help, but I can't find the posts!. They are looking at renting and have been told to look at Saratoga Springs, Malta and Ballston Spa. Can anyone tell me if these are nice areas, and they also need to consider schools in these areas too.

Unfortunately the realtor who was supposed to be helping them had the wrong contact information so nothing is booked I. and they fly out Thursday to look at properties but have little idea. Any advice welcome.

I don't mind at all. Hopefully those posters pop back in and can help answer your questions!

Good job Paige!!:thumbsup2 That is wonderful about her job!

Troy loved the CP, but in the US it's only for a semester and then you can extend for a short time. He started at the end of January and his session went until May. He extended until July. He did say that International students stay longer. It was nice to get the discounts!:)

:rotfl:Ok- I just choked on my coffee laughing!

I have to say that I'm rather proud of her. She pursued a couple of her former team mates to have them hire her as their choreographer, which they did. There may be more on that front for the coming comp season too. She applied to do group choreo for the comp team at the university, which she got. She also applied as a teacher at a new studio that just opened and they hired her immediately telling her that her resume was the only one that stood out. She is really making moves towards her future which surprises me. I really thought she would only focus on school until after graduation.

I'm pretty sure that Canadians are not eligible for the CP. I don't think it would interest her anyway. She recently found out that she could still audition as a performer under the cultural exchange program. Her dream job is one of the dorky dancers in the parades. :rotfl2:

A happy International Cat Day to you, my friend :cat:. Violet and Dash send out a big hello in honor of the occasion!

I'm such a bad Cat Mom! Had no clue, but thanks to @Lynne G I can celebrate with my bunch today!! First on the list after work- a cat nap:laughing:

Violet and Dash- you are true beauties! :cat::cat: Looks like Dash is on his way to a cat nap, too!

So happy that you have officially decided to make the trip :thumbsup2. You deserve the time away. Will you be dressing up for MNSSHP?

Congrats to Paige! You must be one proud momma :goodvibes.
There will be no costumes. I was semi game but we're dealing with Grumpy Cat here. I thought I might be able to talk her into some cute shirts from Etsy but we leave next Friday so there is just not enough time.

Thank you....yes SUPER proud.

Hi, I offered to help, I just relocated from Schenectady to Orlando last year. The towns you mentioned are in Saratoga County about 30 minutes away. If they need to be in Schenectady, I would look at Niskayuna or Rotterdam; a little out of town would be Colonie, a suburb of Albany. Clifton Park is also great. I will be glad to answer any questions

Sherry

I have to say that I'm rather proud of her. She pursued a couple of her former team mates to have them hire her as their choreographer, which they did. There may be more on that front for the coming comp season too. She applied to do group choreo for the comp team at the university, which she got. She also applied as a teacher at a new studio that just opened and they hired her immediately telling her that her resume was the only one that stood out. She is really making moves towards her future which surprises me. I really thought she would only focus on school until after graduation.

I'm pretty sure that Canadians are not eligible for the CP. I don't think it would interest her anyway. She recently found out that she could still audition as a performer under the cultural exchange program. Her dream job is one of the dorky dancers in the parades. :rotfl2:

That is just wonderful! She is truly blessed with talent! and her hard work will lead to success!!

...and meanwhile the dorky dancer in the parade can get you free tickets and big discounts!:laughing:

Hi, I offered to help, I just relocated from Schenectady to Orlando last year. The towns you mentioned are in Saratoga County about 30 minutes away. If they need to be in Schenectady, I would look at Niskayuna or Rotterdam; a little out of town would be Colonie, a suburb of Albany. Clifton Park is also great. I will be glad to answer any questions

Sherry

Thank you. Sent a pm x

We are truly thinking of adding in a couple of days at BG in April ::yes::. The idea of incorporatnig a couple of days in Tampa on the beginning or end of our week in Orlando is sounding more and more appealing!

38752170_10156948329331416_4219549396859092992_n.jpg

38801299_10156948338401416_2542352659042533376_n.jpg

Then, Dash let out a big yawn and promptly went back to sleep :laughing:.

38721599_10156948329446416_3189001178486669312_n.jpg

SeaWorld tours are the BEST, aren't they? We've done the VIP Tour, Behind the Scenes tour, Wild Artic Tour, and both Dolphin experiences. This October we'll scratch off the Animal Ambassador and Sea Lion tours, so spring will have to be......penguins!

I think you'll really like BG. I can spend all day there without doing a single ride (just spending time at the animal exhibits). Plus I LOVE Opening Night Critters (similar to Pets Ahoy, but I love that there are more birds in the show)

Aww, cute kitty pictures!

Love those tours! I've done both twice so far (already planning my next time each). Animal Ambassador is very underrated, in my book (but that may be because of how new it is)

Her back up plan is to be Jasmine :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: but I'm happy to take all the free tickets that Jasmine can get and a stay at the POLY.

As long as a plan includes perks for Mom it's a good plan!!:thumbsup2

I think you'll really like BG. I can spend all day there without doing a single ride (just spending time at the animal exhibits). Plus I LOVE Opening Night Critters (similar to Pets Ahoy, but I love that there are more birds in the show)

f you go to BG Gina, you can pay extra for the Serengeti Tour where you feed giraffes, that is brilliant :thumbsup2

Love BG and I only can ride about 2 rides because of all the wild coasters there! Love the shows and animals!!:love:
Haven't done the safari where you feed giraffes yet- sounds wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter