• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grateful, Thankful, Blessed: our 25th Anniversary SeaWorld Celebration (Spring ’18 TR)

Right......it's Saturday night and where am I? In my jammies, in front of the TV with the laptop. So I think it's too late for 'old and boring'. I'm older than you anyway....but just a little bit. Emphasis on the little bit.
Ha! Me too! What'cha watchin'? popcorn:: Well, minus the jammies just yet, but they're coming soon.

We are finishing off the second season of 13 Reasons Why. Just on the final episode as I type this.

On a trip planning (versus a trip reporting) note, I ordered us some matching shirts for our Return to Sleepy Hollow night in October. I got Steve's in black:

61XOQgSVgRL._UX679_.jpg

....and I ordered mine in purple:

619npCJKb%2BL._UX679_.jpg

I am HOPING that I estimated correctly on sizing. That's always a worry when ordering something site-unseen from a online retailer. I am more worried about Steve's than mine, since he's such a big guy and has such a long torso (which is more of a concern than the "big-ness" of his clothing....he also need length, and there was no option for a tall version of this t-shirt). However, they were too cute to pass up, and inexpensive enough that they were worth a shot.

There's been no movement on price for car rentals for our week, but I'm back to checking faithfully every day. If or when the drop comes, I shall be ready! :teeth:

It's pretty crazy (though pretty awesome!) to think that we're under 3 months to go until the next adventure.

Your aquatica photos look like promotional shots for the park!! :cloud9:

I can't wait to see what kind of yummy stuff y'all find for lunch!

And you DO NOT look like a drowned rat :laughing:

Ah yes, Roa’s Rapids. It’s our favourite place in the park too :goodvibes. You’re right , I should check the CAA prices for tickets again. I’m not a member right now but my sister is. We plan to renew our membership before we drive down in March anyway.
And those t-shirts are so cute !

The Tshirts are cute. I hope the sizing works out for you! I recently ordered from Etsy. I normally wear a L in tank tops but ordered an XL to be safe. It fits but it's tight. Not sure if I'll be able to wear it. :( I ordered short sleeve t's from a different seller and they run larger. Can never tell.

Roa's Rapids is our favorite! Was Ray Rush open when you were there?

You take the BEST pictures!!

I love those shirts!! The Return to Sleepy Hollow event sounds so fun! It's really hard to find a lot of information on the Disney website. I'd like to add a Halloween event at Disney to our October trip. Not sure I want to do MNSSHP? This sounds nice! I love Ft. Wilderness!

Cool shirts!:goodvibes

Thank you! :) I was actually surprised that it was so easy to find Headless Horseman/Sleepy Hollow themed T's. I wasn't expecting much when I started my search (and I actually thought I'd end up having to order via a custom crafter through Etsy) but there were a LOT of options out there. I was thrilled that I was able to go with purple for my shirt, rather than the more typical Halloween orange.

I can't wait to see what kind of yummy stuff y'all find for lunch!

And you DO NOT look like a drowned rat :laughing:

Aw, you are too sweet :blush:. I'd like to take credit for taking good photos of Aquatica, but honestly, its pretty easy because the park is just so darn pretty.

While it totally unsettled the restaurant staff (they were noticeably uncomfortable when I whipped out my phone and started taking pictures of the food offerings) I did get lots of photos of our Aquatica vittles to share :thumbsup2. Stay tuned, those will be coming up soon!

Ah yes, Roa’s Rapids. It’s our
favourite place in the park too :goodvibes. You’re right , I should check the CAA prices for tickets again. I’m not a member right now but my sister is. We plan to renew our membership before we drive down in March anyway.
And those t-shirts are so cute !

Also keep an eye on Groupon.....they have had good prices on both Seaworld and Aquatica tickets at times over the past several months. They were a particularly fabulous deal when the discounted Groupon price was combined with a discount code.

I am crossing my fingers that those shirts fit us both!! They are a brand name I've never purchased before (Haase Unlimited) so I have no idea of quality.

The Tshirts are cute. I hope the sizing works out for you! I recently ordered from Etsy. I normally wear a L in tank tops but ordered an XL to be safe. It fits but it's tight. Not sure if I'll be able to wear it. :( I ordered short sleeve t's from a different seller and they run larger. Can never tell.

Roa's Rapids is our favorite! Was Ray Rush open when you were there?

We ordered some minion Christmas shirts online a few years ago (though I can't for the life of me recall whether they were from Etsy, Ebay or ??), and we never did wear them :sad1:. They both were so ill fitting that we couldn't bear to spend a day feeling like two sausages being squeezed into their casings. Both of us like our shirts a little on the loose side to begin with. It's make me a little wary of online t-shirts ever since. Hopefully this is a more successful purchase!

Ray Rush was being tested but wasn't open to park guests. We were there on a Tuesday, and the ride officially opened that Saturday......the day we left for home. We chatted a bit with the lifeguards (who were stationed at the ride entrance, diverting guests away) and they thought that there might have been a soft opening for an hour or so late in the day, but alas...it never happened. So that will be a new experience for Steve when we visit in October :thumbsup2.

LOL.....Live PD is my Saturday night viewing.

Live PD? :scratchin I'll have to look that one up.

Whoa too much information! You was wearing something, right........;)

d583fa6e388285d10b1958988a78c9ff--funniest-animals-funny-animals.jpg

You take the BEST pictures!!

I love those shirts!! The Return to Sleepy Hollow event sounds so fun! It's really hard to find a lot of information on the Disney website. I'd like to add a Halloween event at Disney to our October trip. Not sure I want to do MNSSHP? This sounds nice! I love Ft. Wilderness!

Aw, thanks :goodvibes. My old phone did a pretty decent job with pics, so I'm super excited to use my new phone in the parks in October. The camera on the S7 Edge was awesome, but the one in my S9+ is incredible. Here are a few that I took with my new phone on Friday, when Steve and I took a Detroit River cruise:

38000362_10156920054871416_7880761910050684928_n.jpg

37922647_10156920081236416_3855225828153491456_n.jpg

37948194_10156920055326416_1790056147504332800_n.jpg

The quality is SO sharp.

We were the exact same way.....we wanted a Disney element to our trip, but didn't really feel like doing an MNSSHP (it was SO crowded last year, and that was earlier in the month.....so I can only imagine how packed the Halloween week parties will be :crazy2:). The Sleepy Hollow event, combined with dinner at Trails End and *hopefully* finished off with watching Wishes from the Fort Wilderness beach, seemed like a perfect fit. If you are thinking of adding it to your fall trip, I'd book soon.....@DontRushMe tried to get tickets to our night many weeks ago, and it was already sold out then (end of May/first of June). Apparently seating is pretty limited, so tickets are selling fast.

Only thing is Sea World isn't included. When we looked a month or so ago Sea World and Aquatica were included in the price. Looks like they just recently changed their pricing structure. Might cause us not to buy at this time.

Luckily I have an AP, so that isn't an issue (thank goodness!)

I really, REALLY hope you were able to get a fantastic rate at Discovery Cove and you're able to give it a try. It is SUCH an amazing park! ::yes:: Knowing how much you enjoy Seaworld, I just KNOW you would love DC too!

Thank you! I don't know why I keep putting it off (it might be "fear of the unknown" factor?). But DC just added a new tour that is totally me (it's based off birds and otters, which are a couple of my favorites at SW!), which might have me taking the plunge. Ironically, I might want to do that tour more than the dolphin swim

On a trip planning (versus a trip reporting) note, I ordered us some matching shirts for our Return to Sleepy Hollow night in October. I got Steve's in black:

61XOQgSVgRL._UX679_.jpg

....and I ordered mine in purple:

619npCJKb%2BL._UX679_.jpg

I am HOPING that I estimated correctly on sizing. That's always a worry when ordering something site-unseen from a online retailer. I am more worried about Steve's than mine, since he's such a big guy and has such a long torso (which is more of a concern than the "big-ness" of his clothing....he also need length, and there was no option for a tall version of this t-shirt). However, they were too cute to pass up, and inexpensive enough that they were worth a shot.

There's been no movement on price for car rentals for our week, but I'm back to checking faithfully every day. If or when the drop comes, I shall be ready! :teeth:

It's pretty crazy (though pretty awesome!) to think that we're under 3 months to go until the next adventure.

Those shirts are so cute! While I don't think I would get to it this year, I can't wait to hear your experience (and maybe do it next year)

Tuesday, May 8th: Aquatica, continued

We like to keep our waterpark days as free and easy as possible…..it’s one of the reasons we love renting a cabana. Having ample seating, a locker, a fridge, bottled water, and our own private space away from the busy general areas makes the day feel carefree and relaxed. Purchasing the all-day dining is another way we create that “easy” flow: we pay once, and then enjoy being able to eat when and how much we want or need. It’s great not having to be able to lock up our wallets and not have to schlep cash or credit cards around each time we’d like a drink or snack.

The all-day dining plan had changed a bit since our last visit: this time, we had two choices. For $24.99, we could enjoy all-day access to Banana Beach Buffet. For $34.99, we could have all-day benefits at all three dining locations within the park: Banana Beach, Mango Market, and the Waterstone Grill. As passmembers, we would enjoy 10% off either option, so we honestly just had to choose how much variety we wanted in our meals. While the trio of options sounded intriguing (and in fact, we have purchased that extended plan for our October trip thanks to a deep discount for passmembers that we were able to pre-purchase in advance), this time we opted for the all-day dine at Banana Beach only. We rationalized that it would save us $20 (not a big deal, really, but hey…..$20 saved is $20 to splurge with elsewhere!) and would more than satisfy our water-induced hunger throughout the day.

37977207_10156924920341416_7998496249353338880_n.jpg

We had a bit of an issue with the staff at the Banana Beach purchase desk, located outside of the restaurant…..they must have been new or poorly trained, or an unfortunate combination of those two factors……but eventually we had our wrist bands and headed in to check out what was on today’s menu.

There really was a nice variety being offered on the buffet: probably the best selection that we have seen yet. We've eaten at Banana Beach on many of our visits to Aquatica over the years, and each time the offerings have been a little different. Lots of items with universal appeal: even a fussy eater like myself found numerous items to enjoy. There was potato salad and a house salad:

38030589_10156924920001416_6586437184272728064_n.jpg

A create-your-own pasta station featured elbow noodles and 3 choices of sauces: marinara, alfredo and cheddar cheese. Hot meatballs and chunks of italian sausage were in a separate tray if you wanted a meat element. There were tortilla chips as well (not shown) and taco meat, so you could make your own tray of nachos.

37979838_10156924920276416_5674807109858885632_n.jpg

Warm garlic rolls:

38009368_10156924919796416_3205799010329690112_n.jpg

Fruit salad, a quinoa-type salad, and a pasta salad.

37918571_10156924920036416_3375836366146371584_n.jpg

There were three types of pizzas: cheese, Hawaiian and pepperoni (not sure why there were 2 Hawaiian and no cheese in this pic....they must have been switching out the duplicate right around the time that I was snapping pics).

38020926_10156924920161416_5812548944424599552_n.jpg

Another set of warmers featured barbecued chicken legs, pulled pork, hot dog wieners (fresh buns were in a bowl at the end of the buffet line), and two types of veggies (corn and green beans).

37933216_10156924919801416_6942364822059089920_n.jpg

And of course, there was dessert: chocolate chip cookies, chunks of white cake, chunks of chocolate brownies, and chocolate pudding.

37952747_10156924920391416_247685373776363520_n.jpg

A separate station featured warm apple cobbler.

38085816_10156924920131416_4656939417355681792_n.jpg

And outside, a large freezer with a clear glass sliding top was filled with cups of Blue Bunny ice cream.

The SeaWorld parks all offer Coke products, so there are several self-serve drink stations outside featuring Coke, Sprite, Minute Maid Lemonade, and other beverages. Drinks are the only thing that can be taken out of the buffet gates: all food must be consumed before leaving.

37971154_10156924919856416_7984647737192742912_n.jpg

Seating is all outdoors, but much of it is under cover. Some tables have individual umbrellas, and a number of other tables are arranged under a large hard shelter-style covering. Everything from the chairs and tables to the umbrellas and flowers are crafted in the bright and cheery colors that Aquatica is so well know for.

38026350_10156924920506416_8154224092694708224_n.jpg

While we always manage our expectations when it comes to Banana Beach....or any theme park buffet, really.....I have to say, we were more than satisfied with the food quality, the value for the price paid, and especially the cleanliness of the food areas. The staff were doing an excellent job at keeping the serving areas spotless and the various food choices replenished with fresh batches. While I did manage to make the workers noticeably uncomfortable, for some reason, with my photo taking :confused:, they were otherwise very friendly and helpful. All things considered, this was definitely a win :thumbsup2.

37951085_10156924920231416_5328579561221259264_n.jpg

We finished off our lunch, and headed back to our cabana for another slathering of sunscreen. We had much more day left to enjoy :beach:.

More to come!

Luckily I have an AP, so that isn't an issue (thank goodness!)

Thank you! I don't know why I keep putting it off (it might be "fear of the unknown" factor?). But DC just added a new tour that is totally me (it's based off birds and otters, which are a couple of my favorites at SW!), which might have me taking the plunge. Ironically, I might want to do that tour more than the dolphin swim

Those shirts are so cute! While I don't think I would get to it this year, I can't wait to hear your experience (and maybe do it next year)

Is it the Animal Trek tour that has caught your eye? It DOES look awesome! But you know, I think you'd really love the Trainer for a Day package ::yes::. I know it's pricey, but it has your name written ALL over it. Sure would be fun for a splurge!

Are you still working at Magic Kingdom, Joanna? I think that's where you were working when we were there last October, if my memory serves me correct. I will definitely give you our feedback after the Sleepy Hollow event this year. If you are still at MK, it would be super easy for you to pop over and enjoy some night after a day shift in the park ::yes::.

@dancin Disney style and her little proteges:

proud-cat-mommies-45__605.jpg

That is the BEST PICTURE EVER!!:love:

Wow! All of your pictures are with your phone! Nice! Can I ask where you upload your pictures that you post here? I always get an error message that my file is too big when I try to upload a picture right from my Iphone. Then I resize them but they are kind of small. Yours are wonderful!

Tuesday, May 8th: Aquatica, continued

We like to keep our waterpark days as free and easy as possible…..it’s one of the reasons we love renting a cabana. Having ample seating, a locker, a fridge, bottled water, and our own private space away from the busy general areas makes the day feel carefree and relaxed. Purchasing the all-day dining is another way we create that “easy” flow: we pay once, and then enjoy being able to eat when and how much we want or need. It’s great not having to be able to lock up our wallets and not have to schlep cash or credit cards around each time we’d like a drink or snack.

The all-day dining plan had changed a bit since our last visit: this time, we had two choices. For $24.99, we could enjoy all-day access to Banana Beach Buffet. For $34.99, we could have all-day benefits at all three dining locations within the park: Banana Beach, Mango Market, and the Waterstone Grill. As passmembers, we would enjoy 10% off either option, so we honestly just had to choose how much variety we wanted in our meals. While the trio of options sounded intriguing (and in fact, we have purchased that extended plan for our October trip thanks to a deep discount for passmembers that we were able to pre-purchase in advance), this time we opted for the all-day dine at Banana Beach only. We rationalized that it would save us $20 (not a big deal, really, but hey…..$20 saved is $20 to splurge with elsewhere!) and would more than satisfy our water-induced hunger throughout the day.

37977207_10156924920341416_7998496249353338880_n.jpg

We had a bit of an issue with the staff at the Banana Beach purchase desk, located outside of the restaurant…..they must have been new or poorly trained, or an unfortunate combination of those two factors……but eventually we had our wrist bands and headed in to check out what was on today’s menu.

There really was a nice variety being offered on the buffet: probably the best selection that we have seen yet. We've eaten at Banana Beach on many of our visits to Aquatica over the years, and each time the offerings have been a little different. Lots of items with universal appeal: even a fussy eater like myself found numerous items to enjoy. There was potato salad and a house salad:

38030589_10156924920001416_6586437184272728064_n.jpg

A create-your-own pasta station featured elbow noodles and 3 choices of sauces: marinara, alfredo and cheddar cheese. Hot meatballs and chunks of italian sausage were in a separate tray if you wanted a meat element. There were tortilla chips as well (not shown) and taco meat, so you could make your own tray of nachos.

37979838_10156924920276416_5674807109858885632_n.jpg

Warm garlic rolls:

38009368_10156924919796416_3205799010329690112_n.jpg

Fruit salad, a quinoa-type salad, and a pasta salad.

37918571_10156924920036416_3375836366146371584_n.jpg

There were three types of pizzas: cheese, Hawaiian and pepperoni (not sure why there were 2 Hawaiian and no cheese in this pic....they must have been switching out the duplicate right around the time that I was snapping pics).

38020926_10156924920161416_5812548944424599552_n.jpg

Another set of warmers featured barbecued chicken legs, pulled pork, hot dog wieners (fresh buns were in a bowl at the end of the buffet line), and two types of veggies (corn and green beans).

37933216_10156924919801416_6942364822059089920_n.jpg

And of course, there was dessert: chocolate chip cookies, chunks of white cake, chunks of chocolate brownies, and chocolate pudding.

37952747_10156924920391416_247685373776363520_n.jpg

A separate station featured warm apple cobbler.

38085816_10156924920131416_4656939417355681792_n.jpg

And outside, a large freezer with a clear glass sliding top was filled with cups of Blue Bunny ice cream.

The SeaWorld parks all offer Coke products, so there are several self-serve drink stations outside featuring Coke, Sprite, Minute Maid Lemonade, and other beverages. Drinks are the only thing that can be taken out of the buffet gates: all food must be consumed before leaving.

37971154_10156924919856416_7984647737192742912_n.jpg

Seating is all outdoors, but much of it is under cover. Some tables have individual umbrellas, and a number of other tables are arranged under a large hard shelter-style covering. Everything from the chairs and tables to the umbrellas and flowers are crafted in the bright and cheery colors that Aquatica is so well know for.

38026350_10156924920506416_8154224092694708224_n.jpg

While we always manage our expectations when it comes to Banana Beach....or any theme park buffet, really.....I have to say, we were more than satisfied with the food quality, the value for the price paid, and especially the cleanliness of the food areas. The staff were doing an excellent job at keeping the serving areas spotless and the various food choices replenished with fresh batches. While I did manage to make the workers noticeably uncomfortable, for some reason, with my photo taking :confused:, they were otherwise very friendly and helpful. All things considered, this was definitely a win :thumbsup2.

37951085_10156924920231416_5328579561221259264_n.jpg

We finished off our lunch, and headed back to our cabana for another slathering of sunscreen. We had much more day left to enjoy :beach:.

More to come!

Wonderful photos, thanks for the detailed post about Banana Beach Cook-Out. I can tell ya right now that my hubby would be making little meatball sandwiches with the hot dog buns lol! :P

That is the BEST PICTURE EVER!!:love:

Wow! All of your pictures are with your phone! Nice! Can I ask where you upload your pictures that you post here? I always get an error message that my file is too big when I try to upload a picture right from my Iphone. Then I resize them but they are kind of small. Yours are wonderful!

I lugged a bulky camera around the park for years....its only been since our May 2017 trip that I switched over to camera photos only. Being able to travel lightly throughout the park is spectacular! When I upgraded to the Samsung S7 Edge, I realized that the camera in that phone was as good as (and in many ways, better than) my cumbersome point-and-shoot. The camera in my new S9+ exceeds my standard camera in EVERY way.....I just need to figure out how to use all the nifty features. It even has a food setting!

I upload all pics to the Dis from Facebook. I used to use Photobucket, but turned to Facebook when Photobucket switched their platform and started charging for storage (though apparently they have a new CEO and free storage has returned.....however, I won't be returning there as a user). I opened an "Only Me" album on Facebook which doesn't post to my timeline for any pictures that I don't necessarily want showing up on my Facebook wall. I can still copy the imagine links and share on the Disboards at full resolution without worrying about imagine size restrictions. I have found it to be the quickest and easiest way to share pictures here, especially when many of my pics are shared with friends on Facebook anyway......so its just right click, copy the image address, and pop into a Dis post :thumbsup2.

Wonderful photos, thanks for the detailed post about Banana Beach Cook-Out. I can tell ya right now that my hubby would be making little meatball sandwiches with the hot dog buns lol! :P

That's what Steve did, too, except with the garlic rolls and pulled pork ::yes::. Voila, pulled pork sliders!

Last edited:
Aquatics sounds like fun!

It's an awesome water park! I think it was actually voted the #1 water park in Orlando this year (and that's saying something when you have the newness of Volcano Bay, and the intense theming of Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach to contend with).

I am super excited that we have two days at Aquatica scheduled in for October :woohoo:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter