Grateful, Thankful, Blessed: our 25th Anniversary SeaWorld Celebration (Spring ’18 TR)

I was just looking at that property the other day! I was trying to talk Steve in to a long weekend trip in December to take in the Christmas Celebration events at SW. Rates were just $99 a night. Flights $69 each way (including tax). And free admission with our AP's!!! The all day dining can still be booked for $24.99 per person, so it would have made for a SUPER cheap getaway. I am still sorely tempted!!

Let's put our calendars together and get a Christmas trip in!! We've gone to Disney the past two years in December- would love to see SW!! You must do the trip- it's practically free!!

Just got a Christmas in July email from Sea World today. Might have to hit the buy button on the Discovery Cove deal.

Let's put our calendars together and get a Christmas trip in!! We've gone to Disney the past two years in December- would love to see SW!! You must do the trip- it's practically free!!

Let me tell ya.....if I wasn't forced to buy a new phone this week (that cost me almost as much as that long weekend in Orlando would have :headache:) you could have easily twisted my rubber arm. Not that I am a hard sell where vacations are concerned :rolleyes1.

You absolutely MUST go to Seaworld's Christmas Celebration!! It is the most wonderful holiday event in Orlando :goodvibes. We've run the gamut where the holiday season is concerned....Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Grinchmas, even ICE! at Gaylord Palms....and SeaWorld tops the all.

Just got a Christmas in July email from Sea World today. Might have to hit the buy button on the Discovery Cove deal.
YES!!!! :cool1::cheer2::banana: I saw that offer, and its a GREAT deal!

When is your next trip planned for?

Let me tell ya.....if I wasn't forced to buy a new phone this week (that cost me almost as much as that long weekend in Orlando would have :headache:) you could have easily twisted my rubber arm. Not that I am a hard sell where vacations are concerned :rolleyes1.

You absolutely MUST go to Seaworld's Christmas Celebration!! It is the most wonderful holiday event in Orlando :goodvibes. We've run the gamut where the holiday season is concerned....Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Grinchmas, even ICE! at Gaylord Palms....and SeaWorld tops the all.

YES!!!! :cool1::cheer2::banana: I saw that offer, and its a GREAT deal!

When is your next trip planned for?
We're there in 5 weeks! And also in Feb I think.

You really can't not go at those prices. We just spent 2 nights away in the UK and everything all in for 4 of us, including staying over, meals, petrol (sorry gas!) and a day at a theme park must have come to over $700, that's why we generally save up and have a 3 week holiday once every couple of years.

In short, go for it :thumbsup2

I've been having a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad week
Oh no! Hope it gets better! Full moon peaks friday...
I was just looking at that property the other day! I was trying to talk Steve in to a long weekend trip in December to take in the Christmas Celebration events at SW. Rates were just $99 a night. Flights $69 each way (including tax). And free admission with our AP's!!! The all day dining can still be booked for $24.99 per person, so it would have made for a SUPER cheap getaway. I am still sorely tempted!!
Ummmm why haven't you booked yet?? I talked my hubs into 2 trips like that this past year (although both were girls trips :rolleyes1) You have to get "your money worth" out of the passes right??

I would enjoy it so much more with a great tour guide!:rolleyes1

You really can't not go at those prices

:thumbsup2

Ummmm why haven't you booked yet?? I talked my hubs into 2 trips like that this past year (although both were girls trips :rolleyes1) You have to get "your money worth" out of the passes right??

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Girls trip?? Sounds lovely!

I can see that your arm is twisted out of control right now!:)

Ummmm, pretty sure you are always telling me to go for it. I can make it even cheaper for you......HINT.....you don't have to pay the 35% exchange rate

DO IT! It won't get any cheaper, and you know you need, that is NEED, to see the holiday stuff again.

We stayed at the Fairfield across from SW and got the perks like quick queue(we booked through the Marriott website).

Thanks for the info!

Hey, that reminds me I need to check my car rental again, then!! I haven't looked at prices since late last week (I've been on crisis management this week :rolleyes1 so my car rental price watch has taken a back seat). But, I will be sure to look today to see if I can benefit from a similar drop!!

It doesn't matter how you book your stay, as long as you are at one of the official hotels of SeaWorld you will get the onsite benefits. Rest assured you can use those points and still get the same perks as those booking through SW directly :thumbsup2.

I think you should book.

Thanks for the information. I can give DH the go ahead to book.
I am a little bummed the Dolphin Experience for Oct is blocked out in the Christmas in July Sale. I am also having trouble with the Discovery Cove link (not that we are going there I just wanted to check out the deal, ya know just in case wink wink)
FWIW, I got a new phone a month ago and I can't believe how bad my old one ran not that I have a new one with lots of memory. But you are right, the cost of the stupid things :crazy: I hope your week gets better.
Our local firemans picnic starts tonight. As a kid I loved it, as an adult I just think about how tired my legs will be from working alll night,but the people watching...... oh it is soo good. And there is going to be rhubarb pie in the pie stand. My night is made.:flower1:

I think we'll be there the weekend before Christmas. Will we see you there?!?!

Our local firemans picnic starts tonight. As a kid I loved it, as an adult I just think about how tired my legs will be from working alll night,but the people watching...... oh it is soo good. And there is going to be rhubarb pie in the pie stand. My night is made.:flower1:

My night might be made with the firemen ;)

Hey everyone, so sorry about the lack of updates since Sunday. I've been having a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad week ..... I swear I must have walked under a ladder or been crossed by a black cat at some point :sad2:. If it could go wrong, it has!! In the midst of all the other rotten luck, I even managed to break my phone :sad:, an unfortunate little ooops that has been rather costly to remedy. While I had been dreaming of updating to a newer model phone, I didn't actually want to take the plunge just yet. However, I'm currently waiting on delivery of my new device which is apparently out for delivery today with UPS. I'm hoping when that shiny new Galaxy S9+ is up and running, my bad luck with turn and I'll have some less discouraging days ahead. Lord knows y'all don't want me posting when I'm grouchy LOL.

YES!! Steve is SUPER excited to give the new ride a try, too! :banana:

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened. I recently had phone issues too, and had to get it replaced (longest 4 days of my life!)

I don't know I'll deal with the crowds now, but I hope to at least ride in the fall!

Ooo, yes!! Come back down for Christmas!

This may cause me to finally visit DC too! I've never been, and it sounds amazing

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened. I recently had phone issues too, and had to get it replaced (longest 4 days of my life!)

I don't know I'll deal with the crowds now, but I hope to at least ride in the fall!

This may cause me to finally visit DC too! I've never been, and it sounds amazing

Only thing is Sea World isn't included. When we looked a month or so ago Sea World and Aquatica were included in the price. Looks like they just recently changed their pricing structure. Might cause us not to buy at this time.

We're there in 5 weeks! And also in Feb I think.

5 weeks!! Lucky girl, that is SO crazy soon! :banana: That makes your dates right around Labor Day, then?

You really can't not go at those prices. We just spent 2 nights away in the UK and everything all in for 4 of us, including staying over, meals, petrol (sorry gas!) and a day at a theme park must have come to over $700, that's why we generally save up and have a 3 week holiday once every couple of years.

In short, go for it :thumbsup2

I would, but I'm certain I wouldn't be able to get the time off from work. While I don't work in the store itself, I do work for a retail establishment, and Christmas is the busiest season of the year. They have been quite clear that they don't accept any requests for time off during the holidays, so I would guess it wouldn't go over well for me to test those limits :rolleyes1.

Oh no! Hope it gets better! Full moon peaks friday...

Ah, it was a full moon yesterday? That might explain things. My friend tried to tell me that she thought I was having a mid life crisis :o. I like the full moon theory better :laughing:.

It's been an expensive year, with purchasing a home and our massive tax bill in the spring. 3 trips this year is probably out of the question, especially with time off also being a stumbling block. But....it sure was fun to toy with it for a while. And if my big lottery win comes through, who knows....it may still happen! ;)

I would enjoy it so much more with a great tour guide!:rolleyes1

:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Girls trip?? Sounds lovely!

I can see that your arm is twisted out of control right now!:)

You guys are killing me!!

Ummmm, pretty sure you are always telling me to go for it. I can make it even cheaper for you......HINT.....you don't have to pay the 35% exchange rate

I just don't want you to be come old and boring like me ;).

You know, I have no idea how we made it work with such a dreadful exchange rate all those years :confused3. Especially when we were travelling as a family versus a couple. While I've bit a been homesick this summer, I definitely enjoying a lot of things about living and working in the USA ::yes::.

That totally explains my life this week

You too? Ugh, that sucks :sad2:.

DO IT! It won't get any cheaper, and you know you need, that is NEED, to see the holiday stuff again.

Don't you know it!! If there was any way that Jake could get the week between Christmas and New Years off, we'd ALL be in Orlando for the holiday season ::yes::.

I'm loving this Seaworld report! I can't wait to take my girls!

Thank you for reading along!! :goodvibes How old are your littles?

Thanks for the info!

I think you should book.

Thanks for the information. I can give DH the go ahead to book.
I am a little bummed the Dolphin Experience for Oct is blocked out in the Christmas in July Sale. I am also having trouble with the Discovery Cove link (not that we are going there I just wanted to check out the deal, ya know just in case wink wink)
FWIW, I got a new phone a month ago and I can't believe how bad my old one ran not that I have a new one with lots of memory. But you are right, the cost of the stupid things :crazy: I hope your week gets better.

I must admit, I'm having quite the love affair with my new phone :love:. It's seriously awesome. While I wasn't too thrilled with the unexpected expense, I'm getting an awful lot of happiness out of my new device. So I suppose there was a bright side after all.

I'm sorry that the Christmas in July sale was a bit of a bust for you :(. Did you want me to try the link and see what pricing is on a specific day? I'm ore than happy to see if it works for me.

I think we'll be there the weekend before Christmas. Will we see you there?!?!

Sadly, no :guilty:. I'm super happy that you guys are able to work in a Christmas season visit, though! Were you able to take advantage of any of the Christmas in July sales for some of the holiday upgrades?

My night might be made with the firemen ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

I really, REALLY hope you were able to get a fantastic rate at Discovery Cove and you're able to give it a try. It is SUCH an amazing park! ::yes:: Knowing how much you enjoy Seaworld, I just KNOW you would love DC too!

Only thing is Sea World isn't included. When we looked a month or so ago Sea World and Aquatica were included in the price. Looks like they just recently changed their pricing structure. Might cause us not to buy at this time.

They've now got several tiers, some with the other parks and some without. I suspect they had quite a negative backlash when they discontinued the inclusion of SeaWorld and Aquatica. While the Christmas in July rates don't include SW & AQ, I believe the option is now back at regular pricing. I'm like you, I couldn't imagine a Discovery Cove trip without also visiting Seaworld!

I just don't want you to be come old and boring like me ;).

You know, I have no idea how we made it work with such a dreadful exchange rate all those years :confused3. Especially when we were travelling as a family versus a couple. While I've bit a been homesick this summer, I definitely enjoying a lot of things about living and working in the USA ::yes::.
Right......it's Saturday night and where am I? In my jammies, in front of the TV with the laptop. So I think it's too late for 'old and boring'. I'm older than you anyway....but just a little bit. Emphasis on the little bit.

Tuesday, May 8th: Aquatica, continued

32089252_10156732789426416_3665608631262380032_n.jpg

Once we were settled into our cabana and had slathered ourselves with the first of many, many layers of sunscreen (our pasty white northern bodies burn painfully easily :cool:), we settled into our normal Aquatica routine: Steve headed off to ride his favorite slides while the lines were short in the early morning, and I took my customary stroll around the park. I am totally in love with Aquatica :cloud9:: the colors, the music, and how relaxed we are when we are there. We’ve had so many happy family days there that it really does hold a special place in my heart. For the first little while on each visit, I just like some uninterrupted time to walk around and soak it all in.

32073950_10156732790351416_3757125674146463744_n.jpg

32202928_10156732790996416_5726121742728953856_n.jpg

32087213_10156732790901416_8514233263672262656_n.jpg

The park was quiet in those first few hours, and it never did get anywhere near what we would call busy throughout the day. Steve was able to ride all his favorite slides, without waits, during that first hour ... even the headliners like Dolphin Plunge. Those weekday visits during low season while school is still in session are absolutely golden: the locals are working, Florida kids are still in class, and even though the crowds never seem to ebb at the Disney parks regardless of the season, Aquatica still has those magical pockets of time that are amazingly enjoyable :goodvibes.

32087282_10156732788491416_6289132431282798592_n.jpg

32207557_10156732788616416_7705519144065564672_n.jpg

I had literally just completed one full tour around Roa’s Rapids when I spotted Steve, already clad in a lifejacket, watching and waiting for me at the red entrance. He spotted me easily and we grabbed hands as he entered the water and were swept away by the current.

31969899_10156732790811416_4518502304894156800_n.jpg

Roa’s Rapids is easily our favorite spot in the entire park, and the place we return to again and again throughout the day ::yes::. We often lose track of how many times we’ve made the loop around, and love just putting our feet up and letting ourselves go. People-watching in Roa’s is a hoot: especially for those experiencing the attraction for the first time. Their shock (and delight) to find the “lazy” river is actually a fast-moving current is so much fun :laughing:.

A Photokey photographer was stationed alongside Roa’s for most of the day, so we managed to get a few pictures while we were enjoying the river. They’re pretty awful, of course (I looked like a drowned rat :rolleyes1) but strangely enough, they still make me smile. While I can still see all the things I hate about myself when I look at the photos (what middle aged woman actually likes a picture of herself wearing a swimsuit? :crazy2:) I also see joy. And all of a sudden, my flabby stomach, big nose and drippy hair seem less important :angel:.

31961476_10156732034466416_3043426238401085440_n.jpg

We spun around Roa's again and again and again.....for us, this is what vacation is all about :thumbsup2.

That said, after a number of spins through the rapids, our stomachs started to rumble. Since we had skipped breakfast that morning, we found ourselves surprisingly hungry......and we decided to seek out some lunch a little on the earlier side. What is it about swimming that stirs up such powerful appetites? :confused:

32104831_10156732789261416_3397122309964693504_n.jpg

Next up: snacking, swimming, and sunning the day away! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter