Grand Californian

This may be a silly question but I have googled and cannot find the answer--where do guests at GC enter DL park? I know there is a dedicated entrance to DCA but where do we go for DL. I'm sure the answer is so obvious that it doesn't bear a mention but we are first timers and I can't figure this out. Thanks!
DL does not have a dedicated hotel/resort entry like DCA. So in theory, you'd enter DCA walk through the park to the front of DL. Where our room was in GC, we were extremely close to the DL/DCA park entry breezeway. (the main entrance) So, we walked to the main entrance. Please also keep in mind the park reservation system. I believe in the morning you will be allowed in either DL or DCA, pending your reservation. I don't believe you'd be able to both park hop and rope drop by going through DCA to DL. Now, this could have changed by the time you travel, but keep in mind the park rules / reservation entry allowance.

We just got back last night from a six night stay at the Grand. A full trip report is forthcoming, but I will say we got full housekeeping everyday except one, without having to ask. Turn down service too. I’m not sure why but I was very pleasantly surprised.
Did you have Club Level? How was the breakfast? Is it back to prepandemic levels

Sharing some potential good news. Just got off the phone with Disney Travel Company, making a modification to our upcoming reservation at the Grand. I asked if Magic Morning (MM) is returning for hotel guests and the cast member said while nothing has formally been announced, she fully expects for MM to return "soon." Now, soon is relative ... but still, promising!

DL does not have a dedicated hotel/resort entry like DCA. So in theory, you'd enter DCA walk through the park to the front of DL. Where our room was in GC, we were extremely close to the DL/DCA park entry breezeway. (the main entrance) So, we walked to the main entrance. Please also keep in mind the park reservation system. I believe in the morning you will be allowed in either DL or DCA, pending your reservation. I don't believe you'd be able to both park hop and rope drop by going through DCA to DL. Now, this could have changed by the time you travel, but keep in mind the park rules / reservation entry allowance.
There should be a tunnel which drops you into NOS. Now THAT would be a amazing!!!!

A Monorail stop was part of the original Grand Californian plans, but never built.
The oversized stairs near registration would have allowed access without using the elevators
I've read about the issues with having a station at GCH, but it seems too bad not to have one there. It would be an awesome thing to be able to take the monorail into the park straight from the hotel, but I do understand it would be logistically difficult. Maybe if it was only open in the early morning to hotel guests for park entry and possibly everyone else as an exit-only into the hotel (no need to check tickets) it might work.

Has anyone stayed recently at the Grand Club Level? How was the breakfast offering post pandemic

Is there the QR codes for mobile delivery to the hotel still from DTD? If so, BlackTap on it?
1. Yes
2. No.

The ones offered last week were Naples, UVA, Tortilla Jo's, & Jazz Kitchen (beignets only). Previously, La Brea and Ballast Point had also been on it. I'm looking for the link, adn will post if I can find it.

Has anyone stayed recently at the Grand Club Level? How was the breakfast offering post pandemic
Breakfast was mostly pastries. Fruit, hard boiled eggs, bagels, some cold cereal, fruit & yogurt parfaits, coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc. We ate breakfast there every morning (coffee started at 6:30, food was out at 7:00 am)

Breakfast was mostly pastries. Fruit, hard boiled eggs, bagels, some cold cereal, fruit & yogurt parfaits, coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc. We ate breakfast there every morning (coffee started at 6:30, food was out at 7:00 am)
We are staying club level now. The offerings all day (breakfast, lunch and dinner times) are very carb heavy. And if you have to eat gluten free like me, you will find very few options. The cast members have been doing their best to find things for me, but again, all very carb heavy. If you are accustomed to eating lots of vegetables and clean proteins, club level food is not going to work for you. Unless you want to spend your vacation with a belly ache.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter