Grand Californian

Disneylandmamaof5

Earning My Ears
Hi all.. sorry if this was already answered but I can't find it...:smickey:
I know reservations open up for Grand Cal tomorrow April 15 but do we know what time they will open the reservations online or via phone? Trying to score opening day but I am unsure if I should be calling at a certain time?

I'm also wondering if they are opening up reservations 60 days in advance (like the theme park reservations) or if we can book out farther. Can out of state people make reservations after June 15? Any info would be most welcome! I'm out of state and eager to book for fall, but I don't want to wait on hold if it isn't possible. Thanks!

I'm also wondering if they are opening up reservations 60 days in advance (like the theme park reservations) or if we can book out farther. Can out of state people make reservations after June 15? Any info would be most welcome! I'm out of state and eager to book for fall, but I don't want to wait on hold if it isn't possible. Thanks!

The hotel is separate from the theme park, so you shouldn’t have any issues booking the hotel as an out of state guest.

For what it’s worth, I put in a request for a room only reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel for the Grand and it would only allow California addresses and said “California Residents Only!” next to the address field. I’m not sure if that is just because it’s the same messaging as packages or just so that people don’t request the hotel without realizing they can’t initially visit the parks without living in CA, but it might be of concern. I guess we will know for sure tomorrow!

I'm sure it will be available at the same time ticket sales go live. 8am Pacific Time.

I plan to book online. I think the reservations will open up for the whole year once they do open up. There would be no point in only opening them up to a 60 day window.

I'm curious if non-guests will be allowed to walk around the GCH resort area. And will napa rose and storytellers and GCH grill be open. Anyone know?

I'm curious if non-guests will be allowed to walk around the GCH resort area. And will napa rose and storytellers and GCH grill be open. Anyone know?
This morning, the website listed Craftsman Bar & Grill, and the gift shop as being open.

It didn’t list Storytellers, Napa Rose, or the Hearthstone Lounge as being open.

This morning, the website listed Craftsman Bar & Grill, and the gift shop as being open.

It didn’t list Storytellers, Napa Rose, or the Hearthstone Lounge as being open.

This is really disappointing. I hope these closures (esp Napa and Hearthstone) are short lived.

This is really disappointing. I hope these closures (esp Napa and Hearthstone) are short lived.

Me too. Until more is open, I am not paying rack rate for GCH. No water slides is enough for my daughter to not want to stay there, but having almost all the rest of the amenities closed is a no-go for me.

Me too. Until more is open, I am not paying rack rate for GCH. No water slides is enough for my daughter to not want to stay there, but having almost all the rest of the amenities closed is a no-go for me.

I agree.

I am going to book for 4th of July weekend, but I will cancel it if more hasn't opened by then. I am willing to pay rack rate, but NOT if so many amenities are unavailable. I'm not telling the kids about the booking until we are certain we will go.

Well, that'll be good enough for ys. Being local, im ready for a prize from the gift shop and a bite and cocktail from the grill.

Honestly, the slides are marginal at best to begin with. If you are after a pool Day, you want the DLH (preferably cabana). You stay at the grand for one or more of three reasons....
1. Its simply beautiful
2. It has the best on property but out of park restaurant.
3. It's super close and when you are soaked from GRR, you can squish-squash 200 steps and be back in your room.

Honestly, the slides are marginal at best to begin with. If you are after a pool Day, you want the DLH (preferably cabana). You stay at the grand for one or more of three reasons....
1. Its simply beautiful
2. It has the best on property but out of park restaurant.
3. It's super close and when you are soaked from GRR, you can squish-squash 200 steps and be back in your room.
I wish the DLH was open!

At WDW they don't let people visit the resorts (at least when we went in Nov) without showing proof of a dining reservation or mobile order. But since GCH is much more easily accessible through Downtown Disney I doubt they'd do that there..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter