• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian

We have a 4 night reservation in Aug for me and my 2 girls. Just found out we will have a friend join us. She has already purchased her park tickets on her own. Should I go ahead and add her to our room reservation? Does it really matter?
If she wants to use the pool you need to add her name. I would do it at check in and maybe they won’t charge.
Also, if she has a car her name should be added to the room so she can park. I did that for my daughter who joined us this last Sunday and all she had to do was give her name and room number, and she was able to park.

We just got home tonight from GCH! Stayed Sat. 7/10-Mon. 7/13. We have been blessed to stay there a few times over the years, and we love love love it! Another wonderful stay but we missed some things we normally enjoy such as room service. The hotel was not at capacity according to a few CMs we asked, and I believe it because the pools seemed less crowded.

thinking of a January trip (after holiday time). anything I should know about that month to stay at GC? are pools too cold to go into that time of year?

I'm curious for those who have gone recently about the morning GCH entry. Has it been crowded? How early do you need to get there? And, as far as rope drop is concerned, where do they hold you at in the park? We are trying to decide if it's better to go to the main DCA entrance for rope drop or not and just weren't sure where they currently have you wait for rope drop if you are using the GCH special entrance.

I'm curious for those who have gone recently about the morning GCH entry. Has it been crowded? How early do you need to get there? And, as far as rope drop is concerned, where do they hold you at in the park? We are trying to decide if it's better to go to the main DCA entrance for rope drop or not and just weren't sure where they currently have you wait for rope drop if you are using the GCH special entrance.
We were there on Sunday. I went to the main gate at the front of DCA and my family used the GCH entrance. I was held at the rope on Buena Vista Street and I am not sure where they were held since I wasn’t with them! Our goal was to ride RSR. I made it there before they did.

We have stayed at GCH a few times and I have never used their entrance. Based on advice from other DISers, I always go to the main gate. I left our room before my family to get to the gate earlier since I was ready. My husband really wanted to try the GCH entrance this time so instead of joining me, they got in that way.

We got here yesterday and so far the entry experience has been great. If you want to be the first few people in line for security, for either DCA or going into DD for Disneyland, then I’d recommend being down there at 6:45 ish. They will open security at 7:00 am, which is a little hard to manage with boarding passes dropping at the same time, but we managed. Then for Disneyland, once through security, you can walk freely into the esplanade. They haven’t been opening security from the harbor side until 7:15 am. For DCA, they will let you through security at 7:30. Then you’re free to head to whatever rope you are wanting to rope drop at. Hope this helps!

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, but I was wondering if anyone knows if I can pay for my room at GCH in installments. We're going in November, and I don't have a vacation package since we bought park tickets for a March 2020 trip, but I'd like to try to pay the enormous room charge in installments. I paid the initial reservation "hold" charge, but I wasn't able to add more money online. Does anyone know if I can make payments if I call them? I'd rather not wait on hold for hours if it isn't possible. Thanks so much in advance!

Did you book online through the Disney website? I did and when I pull up my reservations on my laptop and I can make payments.

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, but I was wondering if anyone knows if I can pay for my room at GCH in installments. We're going in November, and I don't have a vacation package since we bought park tickets for a March 2020 trip, but I'd like to try to pay the enormous room charge in installments. I paid the initial reservation "hold" charge, but I wasn't able to add more money online. Does anyone know if I can make payments if I call them? I'd rather not wait on hold for hours if it isn't possible. Thanks so much in advance!
Visit this page to retrieve your reservation and see if there is an option to make payment for hotel only. I don't know if this is still possible, but in the past if you have a Target Red Card, you could buy Disney gift cards at 5% discount and apply them to the payment via the Website:

http://bookdlr.reservations.disney....wStepFwdTo=Guest_STD_RetrieveReservation_Step

Thanks for the help. I did make my reservation online, but when I log in at that site it says, "We're sorry. Additional payments are not allowed for room reservations. Please pay your balance at the hotel upon check-in." I was really hoping to make payments in advance, but it doesn't seem like I can for the hotel only. I wonder if calling will help? Thanks again.

Thanks for the help. I did make my reservation online, but when I log in at that site it says, "We're sorry. Additional payments are not allowed for room reservations. Please pay your balance at the hotel upon check-in." I was really hoping to make payments in advance, but it doesn't seem like I can for the hotel only. I wonder if calling will help? Thanks again.
My friends tend to put their vacation money in one account so that they can pay the balance. Can you do that, or put the money in an envelope and set it aside? The other option is to do what SeaDis recommends. Purchase Disney gift cards at Target, and then transfer them to one gift card that you can use to pay for the hotel when you check in.

Hello all - our flight keeps getting pushed back for September. Now getting into SNA around 8. Food options that time of night, assuming we get to hotel around 9? Maybe something onsite or DTD delivery?

Hello all - our flight keeps getting pushed back for September. Now getting into SNA around 8. Food options that time of night, assuming we get to hotel around 9? Maybe something onsite or DTD delivery?

When you are getting close to the hotel, you can order from one of the restaurants that deliver food to the GCH lobby. Here is the link to available locations from the barcode they have in the lobby:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/gu...1Q1DowntownDisneyMobileOrdering&Delivery0001=

Can anyone staying at the Grand confirm that Hearthstone Lounge is now open early in the morning for limited service (coffee, tea, etc.) I'm part of a Grand FB group and there seems to be conflicting reports. Everything I've found indicates it doesn't open until 4 p.m. daily.

Can anyone staying at the Grand confirm that Hearthstone Lounge is now open early in the morning for limited service (coffee, tea, etc.) I'm part of a Grand FB group and there seems to be conflicting reports. Everything I've found indicates it doesn't open until 4 p.m. daily.
It opens at 4pm. We were just there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter