• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Got Mickey Mail Today . . .

Well I tried rubbing alcohol because that was all I had available at the house and it did not even touch the adhesive. I guess I'll be stopping to get some goo gone this afternoon.

Received mine in CA.

Anyone else find the adhesive on the back of the magnet excessively sticky? Normally it's the kind that just comes off with some finger rubbing, but this stupid glue required me to annoyingly bust out the goo gone.

Ours came yesterday (old resale only) to snowy Iowa. And yes, that adhesive is ridiculous!

No DVC magnet here. However, I did get the Figment AP one this past weekend. I didn't even know those existed. We were shopping in Mouse Gear and saw the CM scanning MB's and handing them out. They're on the fridge now. :)

These magnets remind me of a past situation at my old company. We were non-union, and there was a lot of unrest in the workgroup due to some specific instances/circumstances. Rumor was that we were going to organize. Next thing you know, the company is buying us cheap gifts, and treating us suuuuuuper nice.

I almost think this is similar, but serves a dual purpose for them. There are a lot of complaints about the 2020 point charts and the resale restrictions. Why not give everyone a gift to try and make them happy while at the same time providing a brochure that dangles a carrot to those that don't have membership extras? Win for them. They don't even need to do any extra work, these magnets are already designed and just cut off the bottom "member since" portion.

The postage probably cost more than the magnet itself.

These magnets remind me of a past situation at my old company. We were non-union, and there was a lot of unrest in the workgroup due to some specific instances/circumstances. Rumor was that we were going to organize. Next thing you know, the company is buying us cheap gifts, and treating us suuuuuuper nice.

I almost think this is similar, but serves a dual purpose for them. There are a lot of complaints about the 2020 point charts and the resale restrictions. Why not give everyone a gift to try and make them happy while at the same time providing a brochure that dangles a carrot to those that don't have membership extras? Win for them. They don't even need to do any extra work, these magnets are already designed and just cut off the bottom "member since" portion.

The postage probably cost more than the magnet itself.

I had a very similar thought about this being damage control. They can keep their cheap magnet and reallocate the points back to where they were!

Well I tried rubbing alcohol because that was all I had available at the house and it did not even touch the adhesive. I guess I'll be stopping to get some goo gone this afternoon.

Nothing works, don't bother. It's leftover tar from galaxys edge construction, so you're fighting both the substance and the force. Goo gone removes more of the magnetic material than adhesive.

The force really is strong with this one.

Still have not received ours here in the Houston Texas area, we purchased direct in 2009 and have added on several times, a couple resale and the rest direct. I can't figure out how they send stuff out.

Still have not received ours here in the Houston Texas area, we purchased direct in 2009 and have added on several times, a couple resale and the rest direct. I can't figure out how they send stuff out.

Same here in the Houston area. Oh well. :confused3

I got one in the mail yesterday! False alarm--it was another orange Mickey magnet for being a passholder. Bummer!

Just FYI for those “white card” members like me: I received the brochure a few days ago, but no magnet. I’d rather be sent something like the updated POS than the magnet anyways, but this just seems petty.

Got ours up here just outside of Toronto a couple weeks ago.. looks great on the fridge with our other magnets

Just FYI for those “white card” members like me: I received the brochure a few days ago, but no magnet. I’d rather be sent something like the updated POS than the magnet anyways, but this just seems petty.

We have direct and resale and received nothing. I don't think they're actually designating resale/direct for anything - many resale buyers reported getting the magnet. My guess - they ran out of magnets. :rolleyes:

We have direct and resale and received nothing. I don't think they're actually designating resale/direct for anything - many resale buyers reported getting the magnet. My guess - they ran out of magnets. :rolleyes:

DVD knows how many members they have. There is no way they just ran out. I am not sure what criteria were used to select those that did receive one. I am a little disappointed that I didn't get selected to receive one, but I did save a bundle (through resale) on my purchase.

LAX

DVD knows how many members they have. There is no way they just ran out. I am not sure what criteria were used to select those that did receive one. I am a little disappointed that I didn't get selected to receive one, but I did save a bundle (through resale) on my purchase.

LAX

Same here. I have plenty of Disney magnets. I’m good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter