Got Mickey Mail Today . . .

We got ours a couple of days ago. It is on the fridge waiting for the grandchild to grab it.

Did you notice how thin Mickey was back in the 1959 photo?

I wonder if they batch mail out to certain areas of the country. Here in MA -- still nothing. Of course i am a resale buyer (2015), but it sounds like some resale peeps have been getting them too.

I wonder if they batch mail out to certain areas of the country. Here in MA -- still nothing. Of course i am a resale buyer (2015), but it sounds like some resale peeps have been getting them too.

I'm a direct buyer in MA and haven't gotten a magnet either. I have been keeping an eye out for one though so I hope I do end up getting one!

And I'm a resale buyer(2014) in MA and got it several days ago...lol

I'm a direct buyer in Georgia who is hoping to get one.

I just booked a trip for August 2019 so maybe I won't get one since I've already got a trip booked.

I'm a direct buyer in Georgia who is hoping to get one.

I just booked a trip for August 2019 so maybe I won't get one since I've already got a trip booked.

We have a trip booked for April and got one. I think these things are so random. As I said above this is the first piece of DVC mail DH has gotten, it has always come in my name so I don’t know if that’s a factor.

That is how they always do their mailings. The Quarterly files are the same. Certain areas will receive them first.

CA, so I expect to get mine last? No rush though, not in any need for more magnets.

We got the mailer today too and what's more strange is it was in my wife's name. First piece of DVC mail that's been addressed to her and not me.

My wife and I have different surnames and we only get one magazine mailed to us under her name. I'm listed first on the deed and both my names are alphabetically before hers, so I'm not sure how they figure out who gets what.

We have not received this, but we did receive another solicitation to join the Disney movie club today. The one we already belong to. o_O

We got ours today, addressed to my DW. Sales pitch for Rivera and an "all they do for you pitch" with a magnet thrown in. (Mostly resale owner with a 25 pt qualifying direct purchase.)

Received mine in CA.

Anyone else find the adhesive on the back of the magnet excessively sticky? Normally it's the kind that just comes off with some finger rubbing, but this stupid glue required me to annoyingly bust out the goo gone.

Received mine in CA.

Anyone else find the adhesive on the back of the magnet excessively sticky? Normally it's the kind that just comes off with some finger rubbing, but this stupid glue required me to annoyingly bust out the goo gone.

Yes and it’s so annoying, I couldn’t get it off but I’ll have to try some goo gone.

I received my DVC Member magnet yesterday (1/22/19). I have been a DVC Member since 2004 and was purchase via resale. It appears they are going to send these to all DVC Members, prior to the 2016 Member Perks change? Perhaps they send these to all DVC Members (perks or not) to try and entice Members to buy more points. :love:

Received mine in CA.

Yes! I tried to get it off for 10 minutes with no avail, though I didn't try a solvent which shouldn't be needed anyway. Rather than fight it, I merely left a small piece of thin paper stuck to the glue and put the magnet on the refrigerator. It's a nice magnet, and I like the more retro Mickey. As others have said, this is a blatant attempt (not that I blame them) to hawk the new Riviera resort and casually mention all the "perks" you get for being a direct DVC owner. For us, Riviera isn't even slightly appealing, and we wouldn't be willing to plop down around $200 per point for any new resort. But, we appreciate the magnet. ;) In that same batch of mail in our box, we also got the offer for the Disney movie club. That's a no, too. For the record, we live in the rural stretch of southwest Virginia along the Blue Ridge Parkway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter