good bye - I can't take it any longer

I've never understood why people feel the need to post they are leaving. Why does there need to be an announcement?

I almost gave out candy to this child dressed as a troll today but Kevin told me not to feed the trolls....so I aint feeding this one either. :)

I personally think this podcast was much better when Pete and the gang didn't get caught up with listening to all of their groupies, who I believe are just looking for freebies from the DisUnplugged. If I get blocked from this forum because of this it really doesn't matter to me. I never post. Farewell

Sorry, I know I'm not supposed to feed the trolls, but sometimes you just need to say your peace. I've kept my mouth shut on most of the troll threads, but the above comment really pushed my buttons.:mad:

Looking for freebies? Really?!?!? I have called in, I have submitted facebook questions, and I have also written a few things. Probably 9 or so different occasions. Guess how many prizes I have accepted...... 2! I get the nice e-mail and I politely decline. I participate because I enjoy the show and I want to help provide information.

Go listen to Lou. I'm sure you'll like his everything is perfect at Disney, rose colored glasses podcast.

Bah humbug! Good day to you, Mr. Scrooge!

and as Willie Wonka put it at the end: I SAID, "GOOD DAY!!!!!"

OP I don't think the podcast or any other listeners care if you leave. big drama queen.

any way ITS GONE CAKE

Well then good bye! :wave2:
You obviously weren't looking to join a community here.
You have been a member for 6 years, and have a post count of 4.
You say that you are a lurker, but you couldn't even bother to take the time to post a Happy New Year post once a year.
That by the way would have at least given you a post cont of 10 (double digits) just saying!

Well then good bye! :wave2:
You obviously weren't looking to join a community here.
You have been a member for 6 years, and have a post count of 4.
You say that you are a lurker, but you couldn't even bother to take the time to post a Happy New Year post once a year.
That by the way would have at least given you a post cont of 10 (double digits) just saying!

Good point!!

WOW - all of the reasons that you said you were leaving, are the same reasons why I'm waiting every week for the podcast to come out. I love the rants, the sarcasm, and I love the honest critiques of the parks. They give their honest opinion of what they think will make WDW better. They're not just cheerleaders like some other podcasts.

Boo to people like you, who obviously don't recognize that this is a family. :confused3 You DON'T mess with family and if you do.....well........you get what's coming to you. :disrocks:

SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't let the door hit cha, where the good lord split cha.

Hey Corey! Print that on your next cafe press thong and send him one!

I listen to several Disney podcasts every week, and each has it's own charm. I like Lou Mongello for his trivia, history and positive attitude, although being positive about literally everything means that I'd never trust his reviews.

WDW News Today is another great show. Great for the history of the parks, something I'm very lacking in knowledge of, but they can get a little long winded at times.

Of course, I also listen to DIS unplugged. These guys just make me laugh. Between the rants and the inside jokes literally every week I find at least one tidbit that will help me on my next trip. They feel almost like friends to me, even though we've never met. I felt bad for Kevin's various personal setbacks this year because I know what losing a love one is like, and donated to "the Ferris Walk", as I have several Down Syndrome relatives.

If someone cares not to listen, fine. If someone cares to criticize, fine, as long as they are civil about it. To each is own.

I would draw the line at the "friends looking for freebies" comment, however. One of my dear friends is a local radio DJ. Someone inferred to me once that I'm just friends with her to get free tickets etc. Not only was that insulting to me, but to my friend, as I believe she's smart enough to figure out true friends from "leachers". From what I've heard, I don't think Kevin, Pete or anyone on this show would have any problem getting rid of "leachers".

So enjoy the show if you like, if not, that's fine too. Let's just stop judging each other. After all, we know very little about each other, other than our common Disney interest.

Just my 2 cents (Canadian).

I don't post on this board often but I am certainly not a troll. I listen to the podcast weekly.

However, I find it somewhat unappealing whenever someone has something negative to say, they are automatically considered a troll. Certainly not welcoming behavior. To be honest, I feel you must only have positive, glowing reviews of the podcast or you will be kicked out of the cool kid's table.

Again, I do listen weekly. Most weeks, I enjoy it immensely and laugh right along. I guess on the off times that I am less than thrilled, I will just continue to keep that opinion to myself less I be considered a troll

As you yourself have said...you dont post on this board often. Recognizing the culture can be difficult if you are not familiar with it.

Walking into a stranger's home or a business you are not familar with and deeming it "unappealing" would be frowned upon and considered rude almost everywhere.

As someone who doesnt frequent this board often, you are probably unaware that there has been a recent problem with people posting things that are unpleasant, rude, personal attacks etc. One of our regular "trolls" has taken to using aliases.

The folks that do post here regularly are a bit fed up with the unnecessary nastiness, name calling etc.

I'm sure, even as an infrequent visitor / poster to this board, that as a regular listener to the podcast, you must feel a bit uncomfortable when someone accuses you of listening only for the freebies you might acquire....which is what the OP has done.

You are more than welcome to post your opinion. We delight in lively denate and conversation....as long as it is done in a friendly and polite tone.

Prior to condemning a group as being "unappealing and unwelcoming"....you might want to get to know us first

First impressions can be wrong...and that goes both ways.

I have been a listener of the podcast for a couple of years. I used to enjoy it a lot. But in recent weeks between Pete's rants and John, Kevin and Kathy's negativity the podcast has lost all appeal. The podcast can be funny at times but to me the negativity has just taken over. I do not want to nor do I listen to the Disney podcasts where the host have rose colored glasses on. I personally think this podcast was much better when Pete and the gang didn't get caught up with listening to all of their groupies, who I believe are just looking for freebies from the DisUnplugged. If I get blocked from this forum because of this it really doesn't matter to me. I never post. Farewell

Oh, please....you are insulting a wonderful 'family'. Good Bye!
You are entitled to 'not like' the podcast, but why insult everyone with the 'just looking for freebies' comment..............jealousy?

I don't post on this board often but I am certainly not a troll. I listen to the podcast weekly.

However, I find it somewhat unappealing whenever someone has something negative to say, they are automatically considered a troll. Certainly not welcoming behavior. To be honest, I feel you must only have positive, glowing reviews of the podcast or you will be kicked out of the cool kid's table.

Again, I do listen weekly. Most weeks, I enjoy it immensely and laugh right along. I guess on the off times that I am less than thrilled, I will just continue to keep that opinion to myself less I be considered a troll

I can totally understand why you might think that. But I have no problem speaking my mind here and coming to the defense of someone if I think they're being picked on. You've posted often enough not to be a newbie or a troll, IMHO.

I think things will settle down soon.

quoting catycatcat...

(cause I don't actually know how to post a quote)

CAKE!!!!!

I don't post her often either, but I know an attention-seeker when I see one.

Happy Halloween, everyone!
:grouphug:

I guess on the off times that I am less than thrilled, I will just continue to keep that opinion to myself less I be considered a troll

I just went back and re-read your post and I went right by this part the first time.

I'm not quite sure what sort of opinion you might have that you think might earn you the label of "troll".

I'm sure it's because I am far to close to the subject to be objective, but I dont understand what part of our FREE and mostly opinion based show causes a strong enough reaction that voicing it would casue others to label you a troll.

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Honestly, this just isn't true. No one is automatically considered a troll, in fact some had to work really hard to finally earn the name. But when negativity is ALL you post or when you show up and your ONLY post is negative, well then .... if the shoe fits ......

Kevin gave a good example, you wouldn't show up at someone's home that you hardly know and say it's unappealing, it is basically the same thing.

A few months ago I started listening to another Podcast, just to fill in the week. I enjoy it for the most part, but their last two shows were sort of a different format that I didn't care for at all, I was disappointed, but I wouldn't DREAM of going to their boards and posting about it though. It's like a friend inviting you to his family's house for Thanksgiving dinner and you stand up and tell everyone how awful you thought mom's apple pie was!

If someone cares not to listen, fine. If someone cares to criticize, fine, as long as they are civil about it. To each is own.

EXACTLY!!! :thumbsup2
I feel the OP was being civil, expressing their opinion, until the word "freebies" and it seemed to go downhill from there.

Just my 2 cents (Canadian).

2.16 cents US. :lmao:

Walking into a stranger's home or a business you are not familar with and deeming it "unappealing" would be frowned upon and considered rude almost everywhere.

I can not get the visual of someone walking into someone elses house and saying to them....

"Oh my! What ugly drapes!"

"Uhhhh...thanks....we bought them last week."

First impressions can be wrong...and that goes both ways.

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter