good bye - I can't take it any longer

I remember we had a Commodore 64 and then a Commodore 128 (I think the 128 was the upgrade) . My dad subscribed to this magazine I think it was called RUN. In it you would find all these very cool scripts that could be typed into the computer and upon completion one could save the program and run the super cool game. The problem was after hours of typing the scripts in and trying to run the program there was almost always a SYNTAX error. Sometimes it was a typo but often it was an error in the magazine which of course would be corrected in the next month's issue. :scared1:

Worse than that, you typo'd one of the many, many, many DATA values, so it simply crashed.

I had the VIC-20, original C64, and the C128. The C128 was actually bordering on a useful computer (80 columns, could run CP/M-80) but by then I think Commodore had already blown its computer reputation as a toy computer while the world jumped on the PC and MS-DOS. They produced a PC clone for a while but it was cheaply made. The Amiga was a GREAT computer (several of my friends were developers of the AMIX UNIX-clone that ran on it), but by then the Microsoft and Apple juggernauts were well underway.

I also remember my parents sent me to a week long (day) camp to learn how to do some basic programming....

I remember having a brochure for Atari Camp, where you would learn how to program on the Atari line of computers...but we couldn't afford it :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter