Go-To Park Sneakers?

Love my Hokas and it is the shoe I wear at home.
And therein lies my point from my earlier post, which seems to be coming out more now. Most of you guys didn't buy shoes 'specifically for the parks.' You're recommending the very good shoes that you wear 'every' day and take to WDW with you. :)

I think a lot of people see these endorsements and see one repeated 5-6 times and go, "Yeah! That's what I need!" and they go out and buy a pair and put them in their suitcase in the 'box with the paper', and there lies the great error.

Another endorsement for Hoka. (I wear Bondi) For rainy days, I go with Vessi because they are waterproof. (Although they are no match for drenching rain)

Like someone said before everyone’s foot is different. I can’t wear shoes like ASICS or New Balance. They’re too narrow in the toe. I love my Saucony Ride 14’s. I rotate through a few pairs at home and always take them with me to Disney.

I recommend going to a shoe store that specializes in sneakers to get a proper fit and recommendation. Tennis shoes aren’t a one size fits all for sure.

Sketchers Go Walk.

Until I found these, I'd come home with sore feet, no matter if the earlier sneakers were new, broken in, or well broken in. Since I started wearing the Sketchers, long days on my feet at Disney aren't an issue.

In the rainy season OluKai OHana sandals, in the dry season Nike AirMax 360. I would rather have slightly more tired feet in the rainy season with the sandals, than walk around in wet sneakers. Sometimes I’ll do the morning in shoes before it rains and switch to sandals in the afternoon and evening when it rains.

hoka biondi alternated with keen H2O in parks.

Those of us with ‘bad feet’, generally see a podiatrist regularly and have custom orthotics we tend to skip into trainers

Really helps to know if u over or under pronate when picking shoes. A good store will be able to ‘walk you thru it’ and also check ur size & width. As you age, gain or lose weight etc your size can change

I do wear specific styles ASICS or new balance at home, more in a fashion sense for light usage.

Sketchers don’t have a stable/firm enough footbed for my needs.

Wilsonflyer is completely right. I dont buy shoes all the time, but when we have a disney trip planned, ill get a new pair a few months before to have them broken in. This past trip back in march, I took my newest pair and older pair of the same Under Armour shoes. The older pair was a little worn down at this point. It rained on us at MK first night and shoes got soaked so had to wear the older pair the next day. DEFINITELY felt the difference after that day. After that back to the newer pair and it was great rest of the time.

So yea, just go with what you know is comfortable for your foot and is NOT worn out. Those same old shoes are perfectly fine normally, but walking a bunch of miles and standing all day? Nope.

Hoka Bondi for me. They are the most cushioned model of Hokas and that's what I need, big foot pillows lol. But I'll second what others have said about everyone's feet being different. Some people would want a model with more support.

Also very good advice people gave about breaking them in ahead of time. For running shoes a week or 2 should be plenty of you wear them a good bit.

Another shoe tip I found out years ago: if your shoes are wet at the end of the day, stuff some newspaper in them overnight. Dries them right up!

I seldom see them mentioned but I love my Taos Star sneakers. Memory foam sneakers are comfortable for a while but they don’t have enough support for me. Taos is the only brand I’ve found where I don’t have sore feet and blisters at the end of the day. I’ve worn them all over the parks, and we just got back from a two and a half week trip to England and France where I wore them every day with no problems at all.

Adding on another for Hokas. Just came back and wore the Hopara hiking sandals all day everyday. Had 5 other pairs of shoes with me and never swapped out. It's the first time in my life that my feet and legs weren't tired at the end of the day, and my plantar fasciitis didn't act up. I've been walking around saying "Hokas are magic" to anyone who asks about them. I've got flat feet and over pronation issues so I first started with their Gaviota sneaker but have not had any issues in any of their styles. I can even wear the recovery flip flop and I haven't been able to wear flip flops in years.

Shocked to not see someone else mention them yet, but I love my Allbirds Runners. They are my go-to casual sneakers for any type of activity where I’m not just sitting around. They’ve travelled to Disney & around the world with me on many trips!

Does anyone have any sneakers they swear by for long days in WDW?
Saucony Triumph 19. You will never look back. Super cushioned but still stable, lightweight, breathable and they stylish with some very nice color options (there are some muted colors as well as some bright colors for people who like to make a statement with their kicks). If you sign up for Saucony’s promotional emails they ALWAYS have deals. There was just a 50% off sale a couple weeks ago!

Saucony Triumph 19. You will never look back. Super cushioned but still stable, lightweight, breathable and they stylish with some very nice color options (there are some muted colors as well as some bright colors for people who like to make a statement with their kicks). If you sign up for Saucony’s promotional emails they ALWAYS have deals. There was just a 50% off sale a couple weeks ago!
Glad to see Saucony mentioned. They've been my favorites for almost 40 years. I especially like that they have a roomy toe box.

I have an old and very ugly pair of expensive Asics running shoes in my owner's locker. I wore some cute Disney Adidas once, on the first day of the trip, big mistake. We are just going to Harmonius, no big deal!

I'm always stunned when I see people in cheap flip flops or even heels.

Just a flip side to Hoka's--I had INCREDIBLY BAD foot pain when I wore mine to the parks. Like my feet were so sore by the end of the day I'd nearly be in tears. They weren't new, I'd used them for running and had switched to them being "every day" sneakers before the parks. No idea what happened but I'd never bring them again! No blisters but the ache was SO BAD I couldn't believe it. I've never had that happen before.

I have an old and very ugly pair of expensive Asics running shoes in my owner's locker. I wore some cute Disney Adidas once, on the first day of the trip, big mistake. We are just going to Harmonius, no big deal!

I'm always stunned when I see people in cheap flip flops or even heels.
I envy anyone with feet of steel that can handle that much walking in flip flops. I wouldn't make it to lunch without cushy running shoes. Even with them my feet are pretty achy after a park day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter