Go-To Park Sneakers?

Sketchers here too, the slip on Go Walks. My kids make fun of them but I’m the only one who goes the whole 2 weeks at Disney without blisters or sore feet

I've worn everything from Sketchers, NB running shoes, flip flops, and Toms, and they all do the same. For me, it's more important to switch up shoes often. Either morning and evening, or day to day. I immediately switch to flip flops if it's raining, I like Olu Kai.

Another Sketchers Go Walk fan. To be honest though, I rarely wear close toed shoes because they hurt my toes, the only ones that don't are the Sketchers. I do wear a lot sandals and flip flops. Clarks flip flops, earth sandals, sketchers sandals. I usually take at least 3 pairs of sandals/flip flops and one pair of go walks.

I’m a runner putting close to 3000 miles/year and I’ve worn just about every running shoe out there from easy day shoes, tempo, to “super shoes” (alphaflys, Metaspeed sky, etc etc). I hear folks say Hoka, On, Brooks, Sketchers, NB, Nike, Saucony, etc… my latest shoe that I would highly recommend are ASICS GlideRide 3’s. It’s my easy day shoe and while some come close, they are the best right now.

Btw, You should find out what model people are recommending, not just the brand. (Just saying Hoka or Brooks without saying Mach 5’s or Ghost 14’s)

Warning: Unpopular opinion ahead, but likely the most common-sense post you will see on this board this year.

I am as flat-footed as anybody you have ever met. I have worn some variation of Sperry Topsiders each and every day for over 40 years, with an occasional deviation back and forth with Rockports. All 'boat shoes.' That's exactly what I wear in the parks and we average 8-12 miles each and every day. Not a lot. But not exactly a little bit either.

Here's the part you didn't see coming. That paragraph is in no way an endorsement for either one of those particular brands. I happen to love them. But here's the thing. Wear the shoes you wear every day. They're comfortable for every day and the weekends, aren't they? If they weren't, you wouldn't be wearing them, would you? I think far too many people experience problems with shoes at WDW because they buy this brand new pair of shoes for the parks that's supposed to be all that and a bag of chips, having never worn them or more appropriately, they've never worn them enough to BREAK THEM IN. And then they wonder why their feet hurt and why they have blisters everywhere. Ummm... DUH!

Boat shoes with no socks is my thing. Your thing is whatever you wear for recreation every day! You walk every day. Walk in what you walk in every day! Don't overcomplicate something that's simple. ;)

Last edited:
Warning: Unpopular opinion ahead, but likely the most common-sense post you will see on this board this year.

I am as flat-footed as anybody you have ever met. I have worn some variation of Sperry Topsiders each and every day for over 40 years, with an occasional deviation back and forth with Rockports. All 'boat shoes.' That's exactly what I wear in the parks and we average 8-12 miles each and every day. Not a lot. But not exactly a little bit either.

Here's the part you didn't see coming. That paragraph is in no way an endorsement for either one of those particular brands. I happen to love them. But here's the thing. Wear the shoes you wear every day. They're comfortable for every day and the weekends, aren't they? If they weren't, you would be wearing them. I think far too many people experience problems with shoes at WDW because they buy this brand new pair of shoes for the parks that's supposed to be all that and a bag of chips, having never worn them or more appropriately, they've never worn them enough to BREAK THEM IN. And then they wonder why their feet hurt and why they have blisters everywhere. Ummm... DUH!

Boat shoes with no socks is my thing. Your thing is whatever you wear for recreation every day! You walk every day. Walk in what you walk in every day! Don't overcomplicate something that's simple. ;)
Guess what - I agree with you! And the shoes I wear at Disney are the shoes I wear at home.

Here's the part you didn't see coming. That paragraph is in no way an endorsement for either one of those particular brands. I happen to love them. But here's the thing. Wear the shoes you wear every day. They're comfortable for every day and the weekends, aren't they? If they weren't, you would be wearing them. I think far too many people experience problems with shoes at WDW because they buy this brand new pair of shoes for the parks that's supposed to be all that and a bag of chips, having never worn them or more appropriately, they've never worn them enough to BREAK THEM IN. And then they wonder why their feet hurt and why they have blisters everywhere. Ummm... DUH!

I agree with this 100%. In my previous post I said Hokas and I wear those very same running shoes in my every day life. I couldn't imagine wearing new shoes to the parks where you'll be walking a couple miles every day.

Here's the part you didn't see coming. That paragraph is in no way an endorsement for either one of those particular brands. I happen to love them. But here's the thing. Wear the shoes you wear every day. They're comfortable for every day and the weekends, aren't they? If they weren't, you wouldn't be wearing them, would you? I think far too many people experience problems with shoes at WDW because they buy this brand new pair of shoes for the parks that's supposed to be all that and a bag of chips, having never worn them or more appropriately, they've never worn them enough to BREAK THEM IN. And then they wonder why their feet hurt and why they have blisters everywhere. Ummm... DUH!

I don’t think this is an unpopular opinion :) I’m wearing the same Skechers sneakers right now that I wore to the parks in July, and will wear for my next trip!

Everyone's foot is different. Find a shoe/brand that fits for you. If you go to a fancy shoe store and they tell you you need something that doesn't feel right, don't do it! You should be able to know and tell what feels right for your foot. (I worked as a footwear salesman in college and learned a lot!)

For me, New Balance 990 is my go-to; I've been wearing them for 15+ years, and every time a pair wears out, I replace them. They're quite pricy, but the durability, comfort and fit for me is top notch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter