GKTW Meet: Delaware DIS Meet, Nov. 1-3, 2013 - OCT. 18 last day for Registration!!!

Hopefully, they have space for our group in the back dining room on Saturday night 11/2.

I have been communicating with a manager at Iron Hill about our group. It's very likely that we will be spread out around the restaurant. Just want everyone to be prepared for that. He expects it to be busy, so he cannot guarantee that we'll all be in the same area. No big deal, though. I will likely be moving to the bar after I finish eating, anyway... and I'm sure we'll all be walking around to each other's tables :thumbsup2

I have been communicating with a manager at Iron Hill about our group. It's very likely that we will be spread out around the restaurant. Just want everyone to be prepared for that. He expects it to be busy, so he cannot guarantee that we'll all be in the same area. No big deal, though. I will likely be moving to the bar after I finish eating, anyway... and I'm sure we'll all be walking around to each other's tables :thumbsup2

Yep! It'll work out. :goodvibes

this is my first meet I am excited but nervous are there any other first timers

We were all first timers once and many are this time, too!

It'll be first time meeting you and several other folks. ;)

Please stop me and members of the team and say hi! We don't bite! pirate:

I'm a first timer too! Looking forward to it.
Do we know who on the podcast team will be there?

I was a first-timer not too long ago. And I admit, I got a little star-struck when I met the team ... but they are so incredibly nice, I can't even put it into words. Very down to earth, funny, warm people.

As far as I know, Pete, Kathy, Teresa, Dustin, Shaun, and Craig will be attending.

Please drop your count for Iron Hill by four. DH and I will be volunteering at the event, so I think we'll just look for some place quieter along with DB and DSIL.

Thanks! Kathy

Looking forward to seeing everyone!! Please be sure you come up and talk with us from the Podcast team. :dance3:

Please drop your count for Iron Hill by four. DH and I will be volunteering at the event, so I think we'll just look for some place quieter along with DB and DSIL.

Thanks! Kathy

Understandable, Kathy. I will take you off the list :goodvibes

I decided to check what the roads might be up to next weekend...

:car:

I-95 / Wilmington
It may have been rescheduled, but you might want to avoid I-95 through Wilmington during the evening hours - it looks like DelDOT is working on interchanges 7 & 8 during the evening hours. If you are coming in from Philly, take I-495 instead. If you're coming in from NJ, you are below the construction already.

SR-1 / RT 13 Smyrna:
On Sunday AM, both SR1 & RT13 will have rolling blockages as new fiber optic cables are being strung... Sounds like it is where SR1 & RT13 criss-cross just north of the rest stop.

Further South:
Pumpkin Chunkin' is this coming weekend. Avoid Bridgeville, expect heavy traffic, and watch for pumpkins falling from the sky!

From the DelDOT website: http://deldot.gov/home/newsroom/index.shtml

Not official, but a word to the wise - unless you REALLY need to shop in Tax Free Delaware at the local Christiana Mall, I would advise staying away from it and exit 4A/B off of I-95. I am sure it will be real nice when it gets done, but right now, it is a mix-up of merging lanes, temporary lane shifts, etc., which make even locals shake their heads.

Hello all,
Is there an agenda for saturday? Wondering what time the podcast begins.....

All,

Two Updates to the Event website:

1) I've redone the maps to include southern DE (oooops), included more HUMAN READABLE Directions, and simpler, STATIC Maps: Maps

2) The Program for the weekend is now online: Program
(Don't worry, you will get a printed one when you check in!)

Let me or Denise know if there is anything I have missed in getting you to or from the events!

James (The Crazy Cat Guy!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter