GKTW Meet: Delaware DIS Meet, Nov. 1-3, 2013 - OCT. 18 last day for Registration!!!

dcayz

Mouseketeer
Registration is closed!

Web site of the items up for auction:
https://www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/dedismeet

Here is the information for the GKTW Delaware DIS meet in Newark DE on November 1st through 3rd, 2013!

Friday, November 1st - 7-10PM - Newark Senior Center
Gelato Social
Come and enjoy some gelato and spend time seeing old friend and making new ones. We will have a Chinese auction and some other activities to get fun started for the weekend!

Caffe Gelato of Newark, DE will be catering this event.
For every person who attends, they will donate back $3.50 to GKTW!
$10 per person.

Saturday, November 2nd - noon-5PM - Newark Senior Center
The Big Event
Add to your Disney Collection and also help raise money for GKTW by having fun bidding against fellow DISers.
There will be a Live Auction, as well as Silent & Chinese auctions.
We're sure there will be something for everyone, and the competition will be fierce!
Plus the DIS team will be doing a podcast recording.

Lunch will be catered by Caffe Gelato.
$30 per person

Sunday, November 3rd - 10AM-2PM - Klondike Kates
Til We Meet Again Lunch & Disney Swap Meet
Do you have some Disney items that you dont want any more? (Dont we all?)
Looking for that special Disney object that has to do with your favorite character? (Again, Dont we all?)
Come to the swap meet to see if you can find that one item you need to complete your collection.
Bring your gently used items to the swap meet!
Items donated to the swap meet will either be sold (proceeds going to GKTW) or if unsold, donated to a local charitable organization.
$20 per person.

Klondike Kates is allowing us to advertise this event to their restaurant customers so that we can share the Disney spirit with them and help out GKTW as well.

Hotel information:
We have two hotels located next to each other approximately 3 miles from both venues. Both hotels do accommodate persons with disabilities as well as smokers. The Embassy has a small lounge as well as an attached TGIF (inside entrance).

Embassy Suites Hotel
Homewood Suites no block of rooms, but if you book soon enough the standard room rates are comparable.

Both hotels are about 4 miles from the Newark Senior Center and Klondike Kates.

Free Time:
Delaware is home to Tax-Free (0%) shopping, as well as exciting night-life in the college town of Newark.
During the day, Main Street Newark has a wide variety of shops and eateries.
At night, the area is famous for its pubs & venues, hosting live events & bands.

What We Still Need:
Donated items for the swap meet.
Post here or pm me if you have anything to donate .

Look who's coming ! (updated 10/16/13)
James and Denise - cayz and dcayz
Bernie - collins 316
Ian - Ian doddles
Kimberly - Kim Star
Melva - contempo84
Tim
Tamara - TammyA
Rena, Bob and Meagan
Kay and Timothy - Ravensgirl
Cathy, Brooklyn and Sara - Twob4him
Linda and John - wdwscout and grmpytggr
Gillian - ShesAPirate
Dominique
Kaelea and Keven - UConnFann
Kathy and Dave - DVD Kathy and drclaws
Natalie and Mark - natt
Bev, Bryce and Arron - bev112tx
John and Ashley - DatMouse and Buzznwoody0824
Steve and Marci - disneysteve
Matt - DisMatt
Chris
Denise - Degli
Betty - FBandA
Andrea and Brian - Aburns8
Denise and Jeff - Coinbeach45
Mary and Stephen - wildaboutthemouse
Billy and Erica
Michelle - mkutch
Melisa and Aaron - disneym2m
Nicole, Liz and Asher - typicalfigment
Joan and Richard - (my mom and dad)
Pat
Karen and Brooke
Yvonne - bzelf
Burt - bwix
Amer and Ricky
Cathy, Brian, David and Riley
Nicole
Bernice
Becky
Vanessa and Tim

Members of the DISUnplugged Team confirmed for the VIDEO Podcast will be:
Craig Williams
Dustin West
Kathy Werling
Pete Werner
Shaun Thompson
Teresa Echols

Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Oh my gosh, this is by me! I could easily drive up! I'm subscribing to this thread!

Will the Cayz Clowder be making a special appearance? ;)

Maybe that could be a another fundraiser for that weekend. $1 to come and spend some time with the famous Cayz Clowder or at least some time with world famous Finn and Abby (Gimpy). :)

Hi, there.

Oh, this is a sin. I have no idea why, but no message ever came through to me. I finally got the dis app today (a year and 5 months later) on my iPad & here were 3 messages from you! :confused3 I was wondering why I never heard from you! Sigh. Oh well. I hope it went well. I don't have enough posts to respond to a message & I would LOVE to help this year! If u send me another personal message with your email, I will absolutely contact you!

Kris

For anyone who may be flying in, check out Frontier Air .

They offer flights from a variety of places, including non-stop from MCO.

It may sound like a little hick airport (run by the Delaware River & Bay Authority, no less), but think of the time you will save NOT going through the long lines @ security. And yes, they fly Airbus jets, not Cessna prop planes. :duck:

And, it is also fairly close to the event venue & hotel - under 15 miles.

And yes, in case you were wondering, they are the ones with the animals on the tail fins.

No, I don't get any kick-back from Frontier - I just thought i'd mention the option.

This is only about an hour from me! Definitely do-able! And I love Klondike Kate's! I'll be subscribing to the thread so I can stay up to date on details. What sort of things do you need volunteers to do?

I still need volunteers to help set up, man the auction tables and clean up on Friday and Saturday.

WooHoo! I just got my ticket! Cant wait!
Sounds like a great time. I have lots of stuff around to donate to the swap and auctions!
Bernie

Booked my room at Embassy Suites! Haven't bought tickets yet because I don't know how many people are coming with me, or whether or not I can get there early enough for Friday night's event... but at least my room is booked! :cool1:

Looking forward to it! I'm in WDW right now, but will get on the ball once I'm back. Is there a deadline for hotel ressies?

DH and I are only 2 hours away! Definitely hoping we can make it for at least one of the days!:thumbsup2

I just woke up my wife by screaming YES when Pete announced DIS team will be at DE meet. I will be there as I live in PA.

Just heard about this on the Dis unplugged youtube video! In my own little town! Will have just returned from a trip to WDW so I am really looking forward to it!

I can easily make this podcast make. Will book train ticket and other things before the deadline. It's great to see the Podcast Live.

Happy that you are going to be able to make the event! There is a Amtrak station in Newark DE. The hotel is about a mile from the station. PM me if you need transportation from the station and/or any of the events.

I just got into a play that has performances that weekend, but I think they're Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon. So I should still be able to come for most of the day on Saturday since I'm only about an hour and a half away from Newark. Is there any deadline for registration?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter