• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girls Only Trip ~ OLD Thread, see link in first post for new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deb, I'll eat mine tomorrow night and let you know how it is. So you're prepared Wednesday!

Beth, that's such a cute picture. Good night! Sleep well. :hug:

Mary Jo, what a special special thing she did for you. So thoughtful. What a wonderful memory to have of her too. :lovestruc :hug: Thank you for sharing that with us.

I can't wait to hear what they taste like. I am skeered to try it!! :rotfl2:

Dearest ladies,

I don't even know where to begin. ( Cheryl kept me informed, throughout the whole weekend. Thanks Cheryl:hug:)

As I'm writing, the tears are falling and I can not stop them.

I know some of you know this, but Dawn has been my kindred spirit.:angel:

We had so many things in common, children and grandchildren, faith, and even had the same political views.

She was my "Good Morning" person everyday, and what did our day have in store for us kind of conversation.

I am going to miss her terribly. :sad1::sad1::sad1:

Hugs and prayers to everyone who are hurting too.:grouphug:

Mel:hug:

PS- It's Kaitlyn's 16th birthday on Thanksgiving. Tomorrow night we are having a big bash for her at the bowling alley with about 50 kids. I will be quite busy with that and preparing for Thanksgiving day also.

Good Morning all.

I dreamed about Dawn. I can't really remember much about it, but we were all bowling and laughing alot. I don't even know if she liked to bowl, and I haven't been for years, but heck we were having a blast last night!

Tracey, I like the photobook idea. I was going to suggest the brick at Disneyland also and giving the family the replica brick. She already has a brick though, and I think the photobook is an even better idea anyway! It could really share with them how special we all knew she was.

The boys and I are still coughing and hacking with a slight runny nose. They've had it for 2 weeks now, and I've had it for a month. No school today. Nathan has a speech eval for the public schools at 12:30 and I hope he's well enough for it.

Also, don't forget to send me any good pictures of Dawn that you have. I'd really like to have some good shots of her from the October trip. My email is Heatherc130@gmail.com I received a few nice ones, but need more.

Good morning girls. I just wanted to let you all know I'm very thankful to be part of this wonderful group of women. :goodvibes

I hope everyone has a great day.

I can't wait to hear what they taste like. I am skeered to try it!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Don't be skeered!!!

This all just feels so surreal.
:sad1:
I agree.

Someone came up with the idea to create a group photo book. So an account was created on shutterfly and someone started the book. Then everyone logged on as they had time and created their own page and text. There was a deadline, someone edited everything and then ordered the books. We ordered two of them, because there were two kids and we thought they would each like to have one.
That's a nice idea, Tracey.

:hug:
I'm rather glad you have something to keep you busy right now. I hope Kaitlyn has a wonderful birthday.

I dreamed about Dawn. I can't really remember much about it, but we were all bowling and laughing alot. I don't even know if she liked to bowl, and I haven't been for years, but heck we were having a blast last night!
:goodvibes

Good morning girls. I just wanted to let you all know I'm very thankful to be part of this wonderful group of women. :goodvibes
Me too, without a doubt. :)

Good morning ladies. :grouphug:

I think everything sounds great and I am in on whatever we decide to do.

Mel I know how much Dawn meant to you and ((hugs)) and prayers to you for losing such a dear friend. I know we all will miss her but to you and Cheryl and Wendy who were so close to her I know this will be even harder!

Mel I had posted this on the other thread but I don't know if you saw it but if you get the gift I sent for Dawn I would love for it to still get some use and I would love it if you could send it to Sally instead. You can just toss the card. But it was a mug and plaque with the footprints poem and I think she might like that and I would like her to have that with my condolences. If you can do that otherwise you can send it back to me and I will send it to her. Thanks.

And Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn. I hope she has a GREAT one and I know with you throwing the party she will! And try to have a great thanksgiving. I know it will be hard.

Good morning everyone.

Mel- Tell Kaitlyn Happy Sweet 16 for me :cheer2:. She's a great girl! And hugs to you :hug:.

I think the buttons and/or armbands are great idea to honor her memory!! I'm on board for either or both.

Every time I walk past my frig & see the angel friendship magnetic Dawn sent, I smile a little & remember just what a wonderful person she was :littleangel:.

Hope everyone has a good day. Deb & Courtney, enjoy your bacon pops :laughing:.

Good morning ladies.

Thinking of you all today and sending strength. I am loving all the wonderful memories of Dawn.

Today I'm hoping to get Ayden's H1N1 shot. Fingers crossed we make it.

Melody - Happy birthday to Kaitlyn! Happy sweet 16! Wow, that feels so long ago for me. Whew.

Katie - :rotfl: Thanks! If they are deeeliiicious, I'm going to try to find them online and share with everyone. We can all eat them and think of Miss Dawn. :littleangel:

Janelle- Good look on getting the H1N1 vaccine for Ayden today. :wizard: They were giving it away free over here not that long ago and the line was crazy long. People were coming from different counties.

Hi Beth, Heather and Kelly! :cool2:

On a happy note, I leave for DLR in 8 days. I'm so excited. :yay:

Melody - Happy birthday to Kaitlyn! Happy sweet 16! Wow, that feels so long ago for me. Whew.

Katie - :rotfl: Thanks! If they are deeeliiicious, I'm going to try to find them online and share with everyone. We can all eat them and think of Miss Dawn. :littleangel:

Janelle- Good look on getting the H1N1 vaccine for Ayden today. :wizard: They were giving it away free over here not that long ago and the line was crazy long. People were coming from different counties.

Hi Beth, Heather and Kelly! :cool2:

The lines have been crazy long around here as well. The clinic today is right by my work so hopefully we'll get lucky. He's with his dad today and I'm trying to get him to go get in line early with Ayden but ....yea that won't go over too well I know it.

Ok so my taste buds are skeered...

Mel~ :hug:
Have fun with all the party plans.

Hi Courtney! I am glad you are getting to go to DL over the holidays. That is my fav time to go! You will have a blast!! Yeah if you get one of those suckers you will have to bring them in Feb cuz know I have to try one just to do it LOL. Sounds weird but maybe good. ;)

Good luck Janelle with the shot. I am thinking you may need a second dose as well since that is what they told us. They said everyone under 9 needs to doses. I hope you get lucky!! :)

Well deb you could always just take one small lick and if it is nasty you can just toss it or better yet give it to one of the boys. Like you said they are boys. They will prob eat anything right! ;)

Ok ladies, since I think some of you may have missed this on the old thread I am going to "re-indulge" and repost it here.

And now, if you all will indulge me, I want to share with you the lyrics from a song that sums up pretty much how I felt about Dawn. It's from the play "Wicked" and it is actually sung as a duet. It's about two friends who must part (Glinda the Good Witch, and Elphaba the 'bad witch" and the effect they have had on each other's lives. It's called "For Good":

Just look at me - I'm limited
And just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda
So now it's up to you
For both of us - now it's up to you...

(Glinda):
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

(Elphaba):
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from it's mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
But because I knew you

(Glinda):
Because I knew you

(Both):

(Elphaba):
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

(Glinda):
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

(Both):
And none of it seems to matter anymore

(Glinda):
As it passes a sun
Halfway through the wood

(Elphaba):
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood

(Both):
Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

(Glinda):
And because I knew you...

(Elphaba):
Because I knew you...

(Both):
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good...

Ok ladies, since I think some of you may have missed this on the old thread I am going to "re-indulge" and repost it here.

And now, if you all will indulge me, I want to share with you the lyrics from a song that sums up pretty much how I felt about Dawn. It's from the play "Wicked" and it is actually sung as a duet. It's about two friends who must part (Glinda the Good Witch, and Elphaba the 'bad witch" and the effect they have had on each other's lives. It's called "For Good":

Just look at me - I'm limited
And just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda
So now it's up to you
For both of us - now it's up to you...

(Glinda):
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

As it passes a sun
Halfway through the wood
But because I knew you

(Elphaba):
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
But because I knew you

(Glinda):
Because I knew you

(Both):

(Elphaba):
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

(Glinda):
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

(Both):
And none of it seems to matter anymore

(Glinda):
As it passes a sun
Halfway through the wood

(Elphaba):
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood

(Both):
Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

(Glinda):
And because I knew you...

(Elphaba):
Because I knew you...

(Both):
Because I knew you...
Cheryl, this is beautiful.

Would you believe that I have tickets to see Wicked next week in San Fran? I'm going on my annual Christmas shopping trip with my friends, and we saw it was playing there and bought tickets.

Now that song is going to mean something very special when I hear it sung.:goodvibes

Very special, Cheryl. Very nice. I like it.:)

I don't know what to do about the blanket. Mel, should you send it back to me and it can be a momento for Bree & I or should we send it to Miss Sally? I need some advice.

I like the armband and button ideas, too.

I have some happy Dawn moments I will share, but not today. The pain is still too much for me. But I will say this...seeing the purple ant head sticking out of my party bag from Sally's party last month made me smile yesterday when I was doing laundry. :goodvibes

Thank goodness we have a short week at work. I am ready for a L-O-N-G weekend!

Dearest ladies,

I don't even know where to begin. ( Cheryl kept me informed, throughout the whole weekend. Thanks Cheryl:hug:)

I know some of you know this, but Dawn has been my kindred spirit.:angel:

We had so many things in common, children and grandchildren, faith, and even had the same political views.

She was my "Good Morning" person everyday, and what did our day have in store for us kind of conversation.

I am going to miss her terribly. :sad1::sad1::sad1:

Hugs and prayers to everyone who are hurting too.:grouphug:

Mel:hug:

Mel - I am so sorry. :hug: I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you. I only knew her for a short while and during that time she touched my life and made my days brighter. I could tell the first time I met Dawn and you had surprised her with making the trip to DL for her birthday, you had a special connection. She was a special person. She had this amazing ability to know just when you needed one of her sneak attack hugs...

app_full_proxy.php

I was overwhelmed when she gifted me with it, and to this day I treasure it. It now is my Dawn box, and holds a special place in my home and in my heart.

This is just a small part of what made up Miss Dawn, and how she spent her energy and love thinking of others.

She really is special, and I wish I could have spent more time and really got to know her better. Some of you are really really lucky to have been part of her inner circle of friends. [/color]

What a truly sweet thing she did for you. She was the most selfless person I have ever known. I was lucky to be able to attend her birthday dinner and celebrate with her and other wonderful Divas and beside us bringing her gifts she gave use gifts. She was the most unselfish 'smurf'!

I totally agree...you all have no idea how privilaged, proud and thankful I am to have been so warmly welcomed into this group and I am so happy to be able to say you are all my friends.

So when are you going to take the plunge and take your first lick?? Maybe we should do it at exactly the same time! ;)

When will you be at DLR? Mr. CA and I are going to be there this Sat. thru Monday for my birthday and then I'll be there again on Sun. Dec. 5. I would love so much if our visits overlapped and I'd get a chance to meet you!

There could not be better lyrics - thanks for sharing. I know that Dawn meant so much to you and that you had such great times together and I want nothing more than to give you a big hug to let you know I am so very sorry. I lost a dear friend seveal years ago and I understand if only a little of what you are feeling. I found the hardest part was thinking of something you want to tell her and you reach for your phone but realize that she is not on the other end. I talked to the sky a lot that first year. :hug:

Cheryl, I love that song, and it seems to fit perfectly for your friendship with Dawn. I think she would say the same about you. :hug:

I know we are all still grieving over the loss of our Dawn, but can I be a bit selfish and ask for something?

I'm needing prayer for my mom and grandmother (mom's mom) who is in a nursing home in Illinois and has given up on life. Nothing is critically wrong with her, but she is at a point where she would need some assistance in daily life, and she has decided she won't be a burden to anyone so has decided to stop eating. She has a living will which states she is not to be force fed. So it appears that she has been planning this for some time. She is so stubborn and controlling and has told my mom that she may not visit her. My mom is just beside herself and doesn't know what to do and calls me for advice. I told her she should ignore her mom's wishes and just go, even if it makes her mom mad. Anyway, it's a sad and sick situation all around, and I would truly appreciate some prayer over this.

Hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving week and hold your families close and show love & light to all those around you. :goodvibes

Thanks ladies!

Cheryl - Those song lyrics are perfect and I agree with Callie, I'm sure she would say the same about you.

Vicki - We're going to be there Wednesday the 2nd and coming home Saturday the 5th. Jesus' birthday is that Saturday. I would love to meet you too! I have the lollipop at home, I think I will taste it tonight! Let's do it together!

Callie - I just said a prayer for your mom and your grandma. I hope your mom finds the strength to do what she feels right. And I hope your grandma finds it in her to let people help her so she can continue on with her life.

Linda - I just wanted to send you and Bree a huge :hug: :hug: :hug:.

Lucky duck!! I love it there at the holidays. :santa: Are you gonna sit on Santa's lap? ;)

(Both):
Because I knew you...
:hug:

I don't know what to do about the blanket. Mel, should you send it back to me and it can be a momento for Bree & I or should we send it to Miss Sally? I need some advice.
I personally think that would make a special and touching gift for Miss Sally, but of course it's up to you. It was such a thoughtful thing to do.

I know we are all still grieving over the loss of our Dawn, but can I be a bit selfish and ask for something?

I'm needing prayer for my mom and grandmother (mom's mom) who is in a nursing home in Illinois and has given up on life. Nothing is critically wrong with her, but she is at a point where she would need some assistance in daily life, and she has decided she won't be a burden to anyone so has decided to stop eating. She has a living will which states she is not to be force fed. So it appears that she has been planning this for some time. She is so stubborn and controlling and has told my mom that she may not visit her. My mom is just beside herself and doesn't know what to do and calls me for advice. I told her she should ignore her mom's wishes and just go, even if it makes her mom mad. Anyway, it's a sad and sick situation all around, and I would truly appreciate some prayer over this.
Oh no Callie, I'm so sorry to hear that. It must be so hard on your mom, and hard on you to see your mom so upset. I pray that your Grandmother will realize that life is precious, and should be treasured while we have it. And that she will realize those we love could never be a real burden on us. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter