• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girls Only Trip ~ OLD Thread, see link in first post for new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all sad and grieving but maybe it might help to post something happy or funny about Dawn?

I know that in the last year that I have known Dawn we have shared many texts and some rather funny late night calls.

(I am going to try to post this without getting in trouble from the mods, and if I do thats ok. It will be worth it. I changed names and left out info to protect the innocent.....)

As I am sitting here trying to finish my last assignment of the week, I keep thinking of Dawn. Then I just started laughing, I could hear her voice from a conversation we had a months ago, before we became the founding members of the Bad Girls Club!! One night after Dawn had seen a post on the Divas board she responded to the lunch lady and before she had posted it she called me and we laughed and laughed. I can still hear her voice as she was like everyone has problems, no ones is worse than anyone elses.
I remember at one point I was laughing so hard I woke Jordan up.

Then when I had knee surgery in June, she sent me the nicest care package. Along with some very interesting maple bacon suckers. I thought she was crazy or had lacked taste buds.

Her potato money winnings in Vegas. That was such a great time getting to visit with her again!

In July when I had a miscarriage, she just knew the right words to say to comfort you.

Last month at Sallys birthday party. Talking with her and seeing how much her loved ones meant to her.
She is one of a kind.

Now while we both found out we had the flu and I confided in her some other news. She was excited and very understanding how secrets need to be kept until the time is right. She was very caring and understanding.

We both sent each other texts to get well soon and how are feelin. Are you coughing up this color of stuff (TMI in know), what can you eat. Dawn was truely a great friend, an amazing woman, and I will forever miss her.

So what is your happy memory of Dawn???

:rotfl: With the Halloween exchange Dawn sent me those maple bacon suckers too!!! I was going to ask her what they tasted like, but I never did. I still have it, I'll eat it tomorrow!!

She was so sweet with that exchange. She sent me a PM about a week before I got my package and said "Well I know someone specially requested you!!" And it was her. She packed that HUGE box to the brim. I couldn't believe how above and beyond she went with that exchange. I'm wearing the socks she got me right now. :cloud9:

Just wanted to bring Deb and Courtney's posts over here to share. :goodvibes

Edited to add: lol, Deb beat me to it. Thanks Deb!!

I like the photo button idea as well! I think a pic of her with her trademark mickey ears and then a little saying underneath of hers maybe and then RIP Dawn or some such thing.

You guys are all so creative I know you will come up with something awesome!

Just wanted to bring Deb and Courtney's posts over here to share. :goodvibes

Edited to add: lol, Deb beat me to it. Thanks Deb!!

Thanks Beth & no problem!

Oh Courtney, When I got them. I called and asked her if they were for real people or furry people? I was so confused! She laughed and said baby girl they are for your boys. I laughed and said you do remember little boys will eat anything.

They still haven't eaten them yet.

So have you tried them yet??

Oh Courtney, When I got them. I called and asked her if they were for real people or furry people? I was so confused! She laughed and said baby girl they are for your boys. I laughed and said you do remember little boys will eat anything.

No! I will try it tomorrow. How funny! I bet you they're really good too.

In the exchange box she gave me some rubber bracelets that say "party girl" on them. I'm going to wear one tomorrow.

She gave us some of those maple bacon suckers in her birthday gift bags too and I was afraid to try them but I'll be having mine tomorrow too! Courtney I'll be thinking of you and Dawn tomorrow when I try my sucker.

I just got home from Disneyland and something told me to check in here. Just a weird funny feeling............................
I don't even think I actually talked to Dawn at the last Diva trip. But I wish I would have. Just reading what everyone has said about her makes me know how special she was.
I love the idea of the brick.
:sad1:

She gave us some of those maple bacon suckers in her birthday gift bags too and I was afraid to try them but I'll be having mine tomorrow too! Courtney I'll be thinking of you and Dawn tomorrow when I try my sucker.

Okay! I think Deb should share one with her boys tomorrow too. We can all have ours tomorrow!

I know we are all sad and grieving but maybe it might help to post something happy or funny about Dawn?
Well, I had posted this earlier on the other thread, then when the news about Dawn came through, I took it down. :sad1:

But since you asked, I will post it again, because it is a happy fun memory for me of her. I didn't get to spend much time with her on the first trip, and only had one lunch with her on the Vegas trip, but she still made an impact on me. I loved seeing her in her tiara and boa in front of the Vegas sign. So fun!!!

And then after we took that photo, she gathered us all around and suggested we take a toe pic. I was like, huh??? :scared1: But it turned out nice. She did love to make her toes pretty and sparkling. :thumbsup2

So here's to Dawn and her goofy, fun, wonderful, Divalicious ideas. I have no doubt she'll gather all the angels and make them pose for a pic like this too! ;)

100_0452.jpg

Okay! I think Deb should share one with her boys tomorrow too. We can all have ours tomorrow!

I can't until at least Wednesday.
I work before they get home from school.
But I will on Wednesday when they get out of school early.

But you guys will need to let me know what to expect!!

I think a pic of her with her trademark mickey ears and then a little saying underneath of hers maybe and then RIP Dawn or some such thing.
I like the pic of her in her Minnie ears too. And maybe something simple, like Love and Light. :confused3

Also for sure when we do the group photo, we need to make sure to have a large photo of her to hold up so she is still part of our group.

She gave us some of those maple bacon suckers in her birthday gift bags too and I was afraid to try them but I'll be having mine tomorrow too!
I have to admit, I'd still be afraid to try them!!! :scared1: :rolleyes1 Enjoy and make sure to post how they were. ;)

What a day. :( I need some rest. I think we all do. Take care ladies. Try to get some sleep. Night! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

app_full_proxy.php

This post is more about how special Dawn is. She, Sally, Kelly (my daughter), and I had gone to Storyteller's Cafe for lunch at the end of our Diva meet in March of this year, and in our conversation I mentioned how both my parents are gone.

Well, from that time until the MouseAdventure in April, she put together a special box for me. She put a LOT of work in decorating it, and put charms, mementos, words like "Faith" "Trust" "Hope" and other special things. Then she filled this box with lots of little trinkets that she spent time gathering - a feather, a heart (hand-made with more trinkets glued to it), a cross, and other things that I could take out and look at when thinking about my parents. Each item was individually wrapped in beautiful paper that she made herself.

I was overwhelmed when she gifted me with it, and to this day I treasure it. It now is my Dawn box, and holds a special place in my home and in my heart.

This is just a small part of what made up Miss Dawn, and how she spent her energy and love thinking of others.

She really is special, and I wish I could have spent more time and really got to know her better. Some of you are really really lucky to have been part of her inner circle of friends.

Mary Jo that is so special. I agree that those who were closest to her were VERY lucky. I didn't get to see her very much at all at the first meet and then not much in Oct either but we had a nice chat at Tratoria and I am SO thankful for that! I only wish I had been able to go to miss sally's party!

She just made everything SO special!

To me what I will always remember is her wonderful laughter, her cute Texas accent and how she made everything so fun. Like the candy buffet with all the amazing decorations she did and the scavenger hunt decorations and gifts. She just LOVED making everything so special and that is what made her so special. Those that were so lucky as to get her as an exchange buddy were so lucky because I know how special she did EVERYTHING! She just made everything special and magical!

I love the idea of the photo button and my thought would be to have it say something like "Eternal Diva".

To me Dawn was a ball of pure energy and a woman who knew exactly what she wanted to get out of life and how to make the most of every experience. She was also the type of person to always go the extra mile to make everyone around her happy and to make everything a memory.

I'll never forget watching her at the end of our ill fated VIP tour last year, and the joy she took in watching Miss Sally while we rode the Lily Belle. It was one of the moments that connected the generations. For some reason I could just picture her taking the twinikins for a ride on the Lily Belle at some point in the future and listening to her tell them the story of how their great great grandfather worked on the railroad and how much their great grandma had enjoyed it when she got to ride on the DL train for the first time.

Dawn's presence was just so much larger than life that it really seems impossible that she won't physically be with us on any of the future Diva trips.:littleangel:

Deb, I'll eat mine tomorrow night and let you know how it is. So you're prepared Wednesday!

Beth, that's such a cute picture. Good night! Sleep well. :hug:

Mary Jo, what a special special thing she did for you. So thoughtful. What a wonderful memory to have of her too. :lovestruc :hug: Thank you for sharing that with us.

I like the pic of her in her Minnie ears too. And maybe something simple, like Love and Light. :confused3

Also for sure when we do the group photo, we need to make sure to have a large photo of her to hold up so she is still part of our group.

What a day. :( I need some rest. I think we all do. Take care ladies. Try to get some sleep. Night! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I love this Beth...whenever I think of her I ALWAYS think of the phrase Love and Light. I think it speaks exactly of who she was. I am totally up for the button!

Sarah

Big hugs to everyone. :grouphug: I'm feeling so sad and confused now. Dawn was such a thoughtful and insightful and loving person and may we carry on her wisdom and light and love with us. :sad1:

Love and pixie dust to you Dawn. You will be missed but never forgotten. :littleangel:

Last year I lost a dear friend of mine that I had only known online for the last 4 years on a yahoo support group for families with kids that are deaf or hard of hearing. But, she has touched so many of our lives and we all wanted to share with her family, how much she had meant to us and how she had impacted our lives and our childrens lives, etc.

Someone came up with the idea to create a group photo book. So an account was created on shutterfly and someone started the book. Then everyone logged on as they had time and created their own page and text. There was a deadline, someone edited everything and then ordered the books. We ordered two of them, because there were two kids and we thought they would each like to have one.

One of the cool things about it was that you could read everyone's entry and so it was sort of healing to "experience it" together with other grieving friends.

They did not get them until a month or so after she had gone, but the family wrote a note to all our collective group and it seemed to mean a lot to them.

I really could not be in charge of the project, but I would be willing to pay for it upfront and order it, if someone else could be in charge of the editing. After it was finished, I could post the final amount and anyone that wanted to contribute could. When we did the other books it came to about $8.00 per person for two books.

Just throwing it out there.

Like Jane and Deb, I was thinking about some of the funny conversations I had with Dawn and I think it would be great to share those with each other as well as the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter