Girls-Only Mar 3-7 - On our way to Disneyland!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies! It's taken me a full day to recover from the party! My feet still hurt!

We had lovely weather too--although the pool was a bit cold a couple of the kids braved it--the others (especially Dawn's 6-year old grandson, Logan) just ate appetizers--LOL. And ate, and ate, and ate. and then they found the bowls of strawberries and blueberries in the kitchen for dinner and they dove into those (I finally had to stop them so they wouldn't fill up before dinner). The grandkids are adorable--I'll post pics later. Logan developed a quick romance with Bree--it lasted all about two hours. Then he moved on to Lexie the 11-year old. It was really funny, we were all laughing so hard. He finally did let me take a pic with he and Bree--and then covered his face because he was sooooo embarassed!

It was wonderful to see Sally and Bob again--and of course to see the other Divas who attended--Linda, Bree, Katie and Amy. (and Katie's two girls Laila and Adara). Brandy had to go feed the horses right before dinner so Adara (who loves horses) got to go with her and I think that made her night.

Bree and Linda brought these yummy cupcakes and I found these little individual Dreyer's cups of ice cream that had Toy Story characters on them. Of course Miss Sally got one with Woody on it! LOL. And no, I didn't make jello shots!

Now back to the drudgery of work! Can't wait to see everyone again soon!

Hello ladies, and happy first official day of summer!! :sunny:

I was just SO behind that I know missed a lot of chit chatting and probably some planning ideas!
Ahhh, got it. I personally always like a new thread. A fresh start is always nice, and it seems to bring people out of the woodwork at least for a little while. ;)

Well the party is over. Whew! The weather was wonderful. Nice enough to sit in the shade and warm enough to go swimming. :goodvibes

This week, I am off to teach VBS. I always teach the preschoolers and K's. So cute! I also will be watching Luca a couple of times in the afternoon, so Becky can do some tutoring. Busy week.
I'm glad the weather was nice for the party and that everything went well. Enjoy teaching and spending time with Luca!!

I still haven't done the All You Can Eat BBQ at Disneyland so hopefully we have nice weather this trip. I don't mind handling sign-ups for this again.
There ya go Steph! Your first contact person. :thumbsup2
And now......I totally want some BBQ chicken. Mmmm.

Plus you get to eat with your hands and get messy! :rotfl:
Always a bonus! ::yes::

The grandkids are adorable--I'll post pics later.

It was wonderful to see Sally and Bob again--and of course to see the other Divas who attended--Linda, Bree, Katie and Amy.

Cheryl, sounds like it was a very nice time for everyone. I'm glad to hear that. You are always a gracious host. Can't wait to see some pics. :) Where did you find the TS ice cream cups? I'd like to pick some up for the twins. (okay and for me too!! lol)

Good Morning,

For the first time in over 10 years (seriously), I am wearing a skirt! :faint: I felt weird about it at first but I bravely decided to wear it to work today. I went shopping yesterday at Old Navy and had a coupon for $10 off. I tried it on just to see what it looked like. I haven't worn a skirt since high school (it was mandatory for the dress code) and just hated it. I never thought I would wear one again.

My co-workers were shocked and said I look really cute and my mom was like: "WOW!!" and she was smiling and shocked because she hasn't seen me in a skirt for so long. :rotfl: I am starting to build my confidence and self-esteem back up. I recently lost 20lbs and am trying to lose more. It's not easy but I just try to eat healthier things and choose foods that are less greasy and oily. It doesn't mean I don't eat yummy tasting food! :rotfl:

I feel a lot happier and better and am starting to build my life back up. This past weekend was not so tough for me and I kept myself busy. I have my hip hop class tonight. I am not sure if I will go because I still am coughing a bit from my cold. :( Hopefully I won't have to miss it.

Hope you are all having a good day :)

I have never heard of this. I am a newbie, but this sounds like so much fun. I would love more info. How much should I plan to save up for a trip like this? Does anyone ever go on their own? I wouldn't want to be by myself while I was there, but I don't have anyone to come with me.

I have a southwest credit that has to be used in the next few months. I think that it is around $20. Please let me know if you might be booking and flying soon. It is actually from the price going down for the diva trip!

Hi ladies! It's taken me a full day to recover from the party! My feet still hurt!

We had lovely weather too--although the pool was a bit cold a couple of the kids braved it--the others (especially Dawn's 6-year old grandson, Logan) just ate appetizers--LOL. And ate, and ate, and ate. and then they found the bowls of strawberries and blueberries in the kitchen for dinner and they dove into those (I finally had to stop them so they wouldn't fill up before dinner). The grandkids are adorable--I'll post pics later. Logan developed a quick romance with Bree--it lasted all about two hours. Then he moved on to Lexie the 11-year old. It was really funny, we were all laughing so hard. He finally did let me take a pic with he and Bree--and then covered his face because he was sooooo embarassed!

It was wonderful to see Sally and Bob again--and of course to see the other Divas who attended--Linda, Bree, Katie and Amy. (and Katie's two girls Laila and Adara). Brandy had to go feed the horses right before dinner so Adara (who loves horses) got to go with her and I think that made her night.

Bree and Linda brought these yummy cupcakes and I found these little individual Dreyer's cups of ice cream that had Toy Story characters on them. Of course Miss Sally got one with Woody on it! LOL. And no, I didn't make jello shots!

Now back to the drudgery of work! Can't wait to see everyone again soon!

Oh, that sounds so fun! Glad a good time was had by all!

You too Miss Mel!
Can't say we've had any good weather in my parts, but today has a high of 69 predicted and that sounds great to me!

Went to Wild Waves in 54 degrees which really sucked, if I say so myself.

Hi to our new folks. Don't worry about coming alone. I did, as did many. By the time you get done chatting on here with everyone for the next 6 months, you will feel like old friends. I remember when I first saw everyone, I just gave them all big hugs because it seemed like I was seeing old friends again.

Have a great day everyone!

Can't say we've had any good weather in my parts, but today has a high of 69 predicted and that sounds great to me!

Went to Wild Waves in 54 degrees which really sucked, if I say so myself.
Yeah, what's this "summer" I keep hearing others talk about? It's 58 degrees right now.....

Hello ladies!! :)
Hope you are all having a good day. My mom arrives for a quick visit tomorrow and I am really excited about that. Then Ruben's vacation starts on Thursday and we have a lot of fun local things planned. Can't wait!!!

Good Morning,

For the first time in over 10 years (seriously), I am wearing a skirt! :faint:
You go girl!!! It's good you are doing new things, breaking out of old habits, and putting yourself out there.

I have never heard of this. I am a newbie, but this sounds like so much fun. I would love more info. How much should I plan to save up for a trip like this? Does anyone ever go on their own? I wouldn't want to be by myself while I was there, but I don't have anyone to come with me.
Hi and welcome!
How much the trip costs will vary from person to person based on travel costs, which meals/tours you sign up for, how much you spend on souvenirs, if you already have an annual pass, and of course which hotel and room you book.
Typically everyone stays at the Hojo Anaheim and uses the Entertainment Book rate which can save a lot of money. The first night Meet and Greet is also held at that hotel.

It's a large group and some do go on their own, in fact many do, but some bring a friend, or their moms. Either way is fine. There are enough ladies to find someone to hang out with. You won't be alone unless you want to. :)

Yeah, what's this "summer" I keep hearing others talk about? It's 58 degrees right now.....
Summer is HERE!! For anyone missing it, we've got plenty to share. LOL

Tracey, I see in your sig you are taking your mom for the first time in 25 years! How awesome. What a special trip that will be. :goodvibes

Steph,
If you want you can cut and paste this info on the front page. I wrote it out thinking it might make things easier. That way if anyone new stops in and has questions, who ever is around and posting at the time can simply direct them to the front page for all the answers rather than posting it repeatedly or waiting for you to reply. Figured it would save you some time.
It's up to you. Only if you want to. :flower3: Oh, and you might want to glance through it and make sure I didn't miss anything.

Here is a list of frequently asked questions from those who are new to the annual DIS Girls-only Trips:

Q: Who can join the trip?
A: Anyone who is age 18 and older, is female, loves Disney and is ready to have fun and make new friends.

Q: When is it?
A: March 3-7, 2011 is the next trip which will be the 4th annual.

Q: How much does it cost?
A: How much the trip costs will vary from person to person based on your airfare/travel costs, which meals/park tours you sign up for, how much you spend on souvenirs, if you already have an annual pass, and of course which hotel and room you book.

Q: Is this a tour guided group?
A: No, this is not a tour group at all. It is a group of individual DIS ladies who meet up yearly to celebrate their love of Disney at the Happiest Place on Earth. Each person is responsible for making their own travel and hotel arrangements, for signing up for which meals and tours they are interested in, for buying their own park tickets, etc.
You will not be told to be at a certain place at a certain time, but rather will be offered a variety of options to choose from to tailor your trip the way you want it.

Q: What meals and tours are offered?
A: The meal sign-ups will be posted as the trip gets closer. A schedule will be posted and then you can pick and choose what you want to join. The meals vary from year to year but there have previously been large group meals at Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe, Jazz Kitchen, Goofy's Kitchen, etc.
The tours are offered by the parks so check the Disneyland website to see what selection they have. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...ng?name=DisneylandParkToursListingPage&bhcp=1
Contact people will be posted as the trip draws closer and will be in charge of making meal and tour reservations for all those signed up.

Q: Will I feel awkward if it's my first time? Does everyone already know each other? Should I come alone or bring a friend?
A: This is a very welcoming group of ladies and the more you make an effort to get to know everyone, the more relaxed you will feel on the trip. The trip thread is a great place to post information about yourself, along with a picture and get to know everyone. Some ladies have been here since the first trip and have formed close bonds, others are brand new this year. We always have a mix of vets and newbies. Everyone is welcome to bring a friend or family member, but they are welcome to come alone as many of the ladies do.

Q: Where does everyone stay?
A: The past three years we've roomed at the Hojo Anaheim. http://www.hojoanaheim.com/ It's a nice hotel within walking distance of the parks, and close to Mimi's Cafe and McDonalds. Some of the ladies choose to room together to cut costs. Also using the Entertainment Book discount can help save money on the hotel.

Q: How will I get to know everyone? What if I get separated from the group?
A: Before the trip, chatting on this thread is a great way to get to know everyone. There are pictures of the ladies on the front page so you can "see" who you are talking to before hand. We put together a list of cell phone numbers prior to the trip which is then handed out so everyone can keep in touch. The first night of the trip is the Meet and Greet which is a fun party held in the conference room of the Hojo Anaheim, and a great ice breaker.

Q: How do you keep 40 or more ladies together??
A: Easy.....we don't. Touring the parks as a group would be near impossible. We do plan a certain group activities, and the rest of the time we break off into smaller groups based on your interests. There will be some who want to shop, or ride the fast rides, etc.
The group activities we usually do are a few group meals, some group rides (for example Small World, and POTC), two group photos at Princess Fantasy Faire and one either in front of the castle or some other pre-determined location, a group scavenger hunt, tours (if anyone is interested in signing up for those) and the first night Meet and Greet.

Q: How do I join?
A: Just post on the thread! Introduce yourself, post a picture if you can, and that's it. Check in now and then to see what plans are being discussed. Most information can be found on the front page, so if you get behind in the thread you can check there for any important changes or updates. Most serious planning won't begin until we are much closer to the trip date.

Hopefully that information helped clear up any of the more frequently asked questions regarding the DIS Girls-only trips, but if you have anymore questions or concerns, feel free to post on the thread and someone will be happy to answer them for you! Welcome to the fun!

Thanks Beth! :thumbsup2 I was going to work on a list of FAQ w/ answers this afternoon until I saw this.

I hope you all are having a nice day.

steph

Hello all. I went to my High school reunion this past weekend. It was my 37th. It was a combined reunion for the 1st 4 graduating classes of my school. It was at a hotel on the beach in Ventura. I can't believe how much fun I had. Over 330 people attended and the band was made up of people who were in bands back in the day. I must say that the women held up much better than the guys.:lmao:
This weekend is another Disneyland trip.
Have a great week everyone !

Hello all. I went to my High school reunion this past weekend. It was my 37th. It was a combined reunion for the 1st 4 graduating classes of my school. It was at a hotel on the beach in Ventura. I can't believe how much fun I had. Over 330 people attended and the band was made up of people who were in bands back in the day. I must say that the women held up much better than the guys.:lmao:
This weekend is another Disneyland trip.
Have a great week everyone !

That reunion sounds like fun :) Glad you had a good time :) Cool, I will be at DL this weekend too :) I am meeting Funball there. Maybe I'll see you there :) Are you going by yourself?

You go girl!!! It's good you are doing new things, breaking out of old habits, and putting yourself out there.

Thanks Beth! :hug: It actually felt okay wearing a skirt and wasn't as scary as I thought. I have been feeling a lot happier lately and I like trying new things. I now like various girly sandals, so maybe I will be one of those women who has many pairs of shoes now! :rotfl:

Drive by hi and hug! :car::wave2::hug:

Hopefully I can catch up with everyone soon.

Enjoy the rest of your day! :goodvibes

Ooooooohhhh, what a nice new thread! Love it Steph...very warm and inviting!

So things are going well for me! My new job is good, lots of fun events with family and friends! Took my son to his first ever fishing derby saturday and he caught his limit of three! His biggest trout was 13 5/16th inches! They are currently in the freezer waiting for a time when my husband can cook them up! I made freezer jam for the first time last night! My mil came over and helped me make the first 3 batches. I ended up having enough berries for 6 batches total and ended up using 3 different types of pectin. Each type had a different recipe to follow for their freezer jam so I am thinking of holding a taste test to determine which kind I like better! It made over 26 containers of jam ranging in size from 8 oz to 16 oz! We are set on freezer jam for a while, though when the raspberries are ready she will be teaching me cooked jam that I can store in the pantry! Crazyness...I feel like a little Betty Crocker! Never realized how much sugar was in jam though...probably why it tastes so good!

My baby girl turns 2 tomorrow! She has already hit the terrible twos and is soooo independant, wanting to do everything herself! And my son tied his own shoe for the first time today! He is growing up so fast and will be ready for kindergarten when he starts in the fall!

As for meals....I want to do Cafe Orleans and Carnation Cafe again! It's not a trip to DL without those 2 in my opinion and I will be more than happy to help make table reservations when the time comes! Mmmmmm....I can almost taste the Pommes Frites, Beignets, and Baked Potato soup now! Oh, and RBT breakfast! Steamboat here I come! And that hot cocoa was delish!

Ok, now I am getting all drooolyy and stuff!

Later,
SarahMay

Hello Ladies- I am checking in real quick! I tried to keep up with the other thread, but it grew so fast! Anyways, I am Jen- from Corvallis Oregon, where we have a small farm, and I run a childcare/pre-school out of my home. I am planning on coming on this trip with 2 of my daycare moms! We are shutting this place down so we can have a kid free fun time! Woohoo! Can't wait to meet all of you,and we are looking forward to the fun. Will try to stay more tuned in to this thread :) Also, can some of you send some of your "summer" this way- we are stuck in gloom and doon up here! :thumbsup2

Hello Ladies- I am checking in real quick! I tried to keep up with the other thread, but it grew so fast! Anyways, I am Jen- from Corvallis Oregon, where we have a small farm, and I run a childcare/pre-school out of my home. I am planning on coming on this trip with 2 of my daycare moms! We are shutting this place down so we can have a kid free fun time! Woohoo! Can't wait to meet all of you,and we are looking forward to the fun. Will try to stay more tuned in to this thread :) Also, can some of you send some of your "summer" this way- we are stuck in gloom and doon up here! :thumbsup2

Hi Jen, I'm Trudi and I also run a child care out of my home and have been doing it for 29 years.
I'll send you some 'summer', it's been in the 90's here but that's nothing compared to how it will be in a month or so. I live in the High Desert and were used to 100+ weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter