Girls-Only Mar 3-7 - On our way to Disneyland!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

21yankees

<font color=darkorchid>I want to move into Disneyl
Welcome one and all to the planning thread for the Disneyland Girls Only Trips. We are planning for our next trip March 3rd-7th, 2011.

For those who are not familiar with these trips, they are for ladies only please! No men or children are allowed, and you must be over age 18. Other than that, there are no requirements except a love of Disney.
So please feel free to join us here on this thread for our 4th Annual Girls Only Trip.

Most of you know me but just in case here's a bit about me. My name is Stephanie, feel free to call me Steph or Stephanie. I've been attending the Diva Trips since the first year. I've been married to Josh for 13 years. We have 3 kids, Selena is 9, Raine is 7, and Rhys is 5. I'm active duty in the US Air Force. We've been stationed in California for just over 7 years. I'm originally from New Jersey, Josh is from New York. We met in Texas (when we were both in the Air Force) and were married in New Mexico.

I will do all of the thread updates on the weekends (at a minimum). I do read the thread multiple times per day and keep my notebook & laptop lists up to date. I apologize for having to do this but my schedule is quite busy and this way it fits into my schedule. If you want to ensure I have your updates please feel free to PM me.

Attendee List:
DizNee Luver - Laurie
toocherie - Cheryl
tinkermell - Melody
farmgirljen - Jen
limace - Sara
Mamakate - Katie
MotoXPrincess - Sarah
Wendypooh22 - Wendy
Tammy (Wendy's sister)
VintageDisneyRules - Trudi (Sarah-MotoXPrincess's mom)
disney-super-mom - Capri
lulubelle - Linda
lulubellesDD - Bree
CoMickey - Vicki
deesquared - Dianna
Shelia - (Dianna-deesquared's mom)
4fosterkids - Jill
Califgirl - Chris + 1 more person (possibly)
jordansmomma - Deb
disney-inspired - Cristabel (hopefully)
Queendoover - Tracey
Carrie (a friend of Tracey's)
eatmypixiedust - Rochelle
lisacat - Lisa
Trish - Lisa's friend
katieand mattsmom - Patty
MrsPinup - Jen
Mary Jo - Mary Jo
Kelly (MaryJo's daughter)
cccdisney - Becci
Cynthia (a friend of Becci's)
goofycathy - Cathy
21yankees - Steph
bsblgrl23 - Vicki
Jodi Luvs Disney - Jodi
Zoemakes5 - Michelle
Juliette (a friend of Michelle's)
Maiyna Mouse - Marnie
Sierra Nevada - Bridget
SKWDW - Kathy
karylrocks - Carol

Roommate List

Room 1/2:-Grand
Cheryl (toocherie), Melody (tinkermell), Linda (lulubelle), Bree (lulubellesdd), Vicki (CoVicki)

Room 3: Grand
Katie (mamakate), Capri (disney-super-mom), Wendy (wendypooh22), Tammy

Room 4:
Jen (Farmgirljen) + Sara (limace)

Room 5:
Sarah (motoXprincess), Trudi (VintageDisneyRules)

Room 6:
Dianna (deesquared), Shelia

Room 7:HoJo
Deb (Jordansmomma), Stephanie (21yankees), and Vicki (bsblgrl23) (2 nights)

Room 8
Lisa (lisacat), Trish

Room 9
Becci (cccdisney), Cynthia

Room 10: Carousel
Jodi (Jodi Luvs Disney), Jen (Mrs.Pinup), and Carol (karylrocks)

Room 11
Michelle (Zoemakes5), Laurie (DizNeeLuver), and Juliette

Room 12
Tracey - queendoover
Carrie
Vicki (bsblgrl23)(2 nights)

Room 13 - Grand
Maiyna Mouse - Marnie
Sierra Nevada - Bridget

Staying elsewhere:
Chris - Califgirl
Jill - 4fostergirls

Here is the link for the roommate questionnaire http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37120461#post37120461

Meet & Greet Information

The theme this year is Hawaiin Luau.

The exchange item (voluntary) is picture frames. You can make your own or find one that's just right. ;) The price limit is $20. This is a lot of fun.

JUST AN FYI: The cost per person for the Meet & Greet will be $15. I will be sending out PM's and messages through Facebook with details on where to send payments and other information. So be on the lookout ;).

Also in the upcoming weeks I will be buying drinks and such when I find them on sale so if anyone has any special requests, please let me know. There will be a mixture of sodas (diet & regular), water bottles, beer (regular & lite), wine (white & red), and of course Malibu Rum & juice. Just so you know, I'm not a wine or beer expert so if you're not happy with my selections, tough :laughing:. Seriously though any input on inexpensive wines or a preference for beers are appreciated (but not guaranteed to be there;)).

Meet & Greet Committee Names
Mamakate - Katie
DizNee Luver - Laurie
WendyPooh22 - Wendy
Tammy (Wendy's sister)
Disney-super-mom - Capri

Snack Table POC: Tracey - QueenDoOverPM her with the item you'd like to bring to the party. Also be prepared to have a back up if Tracey PMs you back that your item is already on the list. So needless to say the earlier you tell her the more likely you'll be bringing your first choice.

Meet and Greet List
DizNee Luver - Laurie
toocherie - Cheryl
tinkermell - Melody
farmgirljen - Jen
limace - Sara
mamakate - Katie
MotoXPrincess - Sarah
wendypooh22 - Wendy
Tammy
VintageDisneyRules - Trudi
disney-super-mom - Capri
lulubelle - Linda
lulubellesDD - Bree
CoMickey - Vicki
deesquared - Dianna
Shelia
4fosterkids - Jill
Califgirl - Chris
jordansmomma - Deb
disney-inspired - Cristabel
QueenDoOver - Tracey
Carrie
lisacat - Lisa
Trish
katieandmattsmom - Patty
Mrs.Pinup - Jen
Mary Jo - Mary Jo
cccdisney - Becci
Cynthia
goofycathy - Cathy
21yankees - Steph
karylrocks- Carol
Jodi - Jodi Luvs Disney
Sierra Nevada - Bridget
bsblgrl23 - Vicki
zoemakes5 - Michelle
Juliette
MaiynaMouse - Marnie
SKWDW - Kathy

Here is the what the tag will look like this year:
2011Tag.jpg

Thank you Callie and Dan (Callie's dh) .

Carol (karylrocks) volunteered to print one for everyone and order the lanyards for those in need (more information to come).

I will be ordering lanyards and badge holders for the newbies and anyone else who wants one. Let me know if you need a lanyard so I will be sure to get enough. I will read back to see who already said they need one. There is a price break at 25 so that is how many I am planning to get; should be plenty if a lot of us bring the ones we have. I will be getting lots of extra badge holders if you want to get just one of those (I don't need to know that ahead of time). Lanyard with holder is $3.00 and just the badge holders are 75¢. You can pay at the M&G or any time during the trip.

More photos from the 3rd annual trip Feb/March 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group shot in Pixie Hollow. It was tie-dye t-shirt day and I think it went well with the vibrant and fun colors found in Pixie Hollow.
And we were left with the unforgettable quote of the day from one of the CMs, "Hey, the one in the tie dye, can you move?"

distrip2010048-1.jpg

The Princess Club. We know how to rock a tiara!

P2250001.jpg

The Mother/Daughter Club. Special times and special memories to cherish forever.

distrip2010028.jpg

THE DIS DIVAS!!

distrip2010030.jpg

Group Photo Ideas for this trip

Castle
Mickey Flowers by Train (right when you walk into DL)
Somewhere in DCA (need options for large group)
Pier in DCA
Princess Faire
Pixie Hollow
Sword in the Stone
Toon Town
Rivers of America

Group Ride Ideas for this Trip
Merry Go Round
It's a Small World
Pirates
Dumbo
Space Mountain
Train
Soarin over CA
Toy Story Mania

**For pics and details of our fun March '09 trip, check out these trip reports:
Dis Divas Trip Duexhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2118867
DIS Divas Just Wanna Have Fun! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2063449
2nd Annual Gals Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114150

**Here are two slide shows with pics from the original April '08 trip. Click to see our fun pictures!
Disneyland Ladies Only Trip slide show - http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/Disneyland Ladies/?action=view&current=80494937.pbw
Ladies Only Trip 2nd slide show - http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery2.php?source=ppsl&instanceid=112101565

On our previous trips we have had a card (little bigger than a buisness card) with everyone (those that want to share, not required at all) their cellphone number and whether they have text or not.The cards help a great deal for when changes occur (last year the group Billy Hill show was cancelled and a few ladies texted everyone so they didn't head over and then find out) or if you want to meet up with a group. For anyone that is interested in being on the phone card, please PM (Jodi_Luvs_Disney) the following information:

DIS Name
Real Name
Phone Number (with area code)
Text - Yes or No

Also include everyone's email addresses on a full sheet of paper that I could also give out so we have sort of a directory for after the trip (a great way to share all of our photos and keep in touch off the board)

Thank you so much Jodi for taking this on. :)

I will be putting together schedule tags/cards (haven't decided which yet) for everyone that is coming on the trip. These cards help remind you what's going on and can make a nice momento from the trip.

Here is our preliminary schedule:

Thursday(3 Mar 10) - lime green shirt
1 pm - Rancho - lunch for those that arrive at the park early
5-9ish pm - Carousel Inn & Suites - Meet & Greet

Friday (4 Mar 10) - pink (any shade) shirt
Breakfast -
Princess Photo - right when Fantasy Faire opens (that way we're not waiting too long)
It's a Small World
Lunch - WoC picnic/Carnation Cafe-1210/Billy Hillbilly & the Hillbillies-100

Dinner - Napa-530/Ariel’s WOC dinner/WoC picnic (if you save your food for later)
Late show of WoC

Saturday (5 Mar 10) - purple castle shirt
Breakfast – Carnation Cafe-0800
Pirates of the Carribean - TIME???
Walk in Walt's Steps Tour - 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Lunch - Plaza Inn
Group Photo in front of castle - 1:00 pm
Scavenger Hunt -1:30 pm
Dinner - Pacific Wharf for dinner & prizes followed by Cove Bar
Fantasmic/Dessert - What time do we need to be in line for our seats? What time do we need to pick up our tickets
Fireworks

Sunday (6 Mar 10) Black Pirate (from last year) or Black Shirt
Breakfast -Riverbelle Terrace
Jungle Cruise
Lunch -BBQ at 130
Dinner - WoC dinner orCafe Orleans
Fireworks
Fantasmic

Monday (7 Mar 10) Tye Dye Shirt
Breakfast - for those still here, where???

T-shirt days
As you can see next to each day there is a t-shirt and color listed. Just for fun, we like to plan coordinating shirt days. It is entirely optional, but it does make finding each other in the parks a bit easier. We always have at least one group tee and then we pick certain colors for different days. You can wear a t-shirt, polo shirt, tank top, sweatshirt, whatever as long as it's in that day's color.

Here is the group t-shirt
pic5.jpg

Mel was able to get some rough numbers for the t-shirts:

PLEASE READ!!!

Ok here where I am editing my post. The Winterberry is such a new color, that the screen printing place can't even get it yet. So here is my other pick. Still very pretty, but the purple does not come in 'ladies'. Go figure. So this is our only choice, if we want a nice rich purple. Click on the purple to see the color. Kaitlyn has a tee made in this style and it still looks better IMO than the Beefy T. The sleeves are shorter, nicer neck, and it is very soft. Still, I'm very sorry that I got everyone excited about having a 'ladies choice."

http://www.hanesprintables.com/Catalog/CatalogProduct.aspx?ProductID=4980

If you go this website, you can look at the sizing under "Product Specs."

Here is how you measure.

Take a tee shirt you like, and lay it flat.

*Measure across the tee, just under the armholes. That is the "Body Width."
*Measure from the back neckline down to the bottom of the tee. That is the "Body Length."
*Measure the sleeve from the shoulder side seam to the end of the sleeve. That is the "Sleeve Length."(top)
* Measure from the center back of the neck to the end of your sleeve. That is the "Sleeve Length." (CBN)
*Measure from the shoulder side seam to shoulder side seam. That is the "Across Shoulder" length.

Now for those of you who will be sending me their tees.
DO NOT WASH YOUR SHIRT!!! I was told that the dyes do not work as well on washed shirts.

Please go ahead and start measuring yourselves.

PM me
* Your size
*If you want bling
*If you will be sending me your own tee. Please put your name on it somewhere. All cotton or 50/50%.

Here is my best cost estimation for the tees. Taxes included.

Printed tee- $12.00
Printed tee with bling- $16.00 -$18.00
Print only- $6.00
Print only with bling- $10.00- $12.00
I decided to round things out. Any leftovers, will be a slush fund for the scavvy hunt or whatever. If I quoted way too high, then I will definitely refund you all. Hope that is OK!

I'm a little unsure about the bling yet. I tried to make up some designs and started counting how many rhinestones I could possibly need. If I go a little over, I hope that is OK.

I would like to have all of your orders by January 15th. I will also need your own tees by that time.

Oh and one more thing.

Do you want the writing on the front or the back? If on the back, then I would place it low in the middle, or on one side of the hip line. That way, hair won't cover it up.
What do you want it to say?
Dis Divas?
DISboard Divas?
Disneyland Divas?

Please let me know in your PM to me. I am going to keep track, and go with the votes.

Thanks and please spread the word!

T-Shirt List

DisNee Luver - Laurie
toocherie - Cheryl
Tinkermell - Melody
farmerjen - Jen + 2 friends (Maybe)
mamakate - Katie
MotoXPrincess99 - Sarah
Wendypooh22 - Wendy
Tammy
disney-super-mom - Capri
lulubelle - Linda
lulubellsdd - Bree
CoMickey - Vicki
prettyprincessbelle - Courtney
Felicia
deesquared - Dianna
Shelia
4fosterkids - Jull
Califgirl - Chris
jordansmomma - Deb
stacielee - Stacie
Queen Do Over - Tracey
Carrie
Eatmypixiedust - Rochelle
Lisacat - Lisa
Trish
katieandmattsmom - Patty
Mrs. Pinup - Jen
Mary Jo - Mary Jo -
cccdisney - Becci
goofycathy - Cathy
bsblgrl23 - Vicki
21yankees - Steph
Jodi Luvs Disney - Jodi
Queenbillabong - Theresa
Cheshirecat - Jane
Sierra Nevada - Bridget
karylrocks - Carol
Zoemakes5 - Michelle
Juliette

Here are the T-Shirt Colors By dayI based this on what I saw posted by everyone.
Thursday - Lime Green
Friday - Pink (any shade)
Saturday - Purple Castle
Sunday - Black Pirate or just black shirt
Monday - Tye Dye

The Scavenger Hunt is another group event that is a lot of fun! It can get a bit competitive , but you can request a team that's more laid back if that's not your style. We have a committee that works on the hunt each year and as it gets closer sign ups will start for that and they will break us into teams.
Each team then picks a name, and a fun way to accessorize or dress up to show off their team name. There are questions to answer, riddles to figure out, and trivia questions you can find the answers to inside the park. At the end, fun prizes are awarded. More info on that will come as it gets closer.

This year's scavenger hunt is "Castles to California". The hunt will start at 1:30 on Saturday in front of the castle right after our group photos. The hunt will end at 5:00 with the results being announced at 630 (location TBD).

Hi Ladies!!

I can now announce that over the weekend I was at DL with fellow scavenger hunt ladies Linda and Cheryl, to work on our hunt!! Unfortunatley, Trudi was unable to make it, but she sent some questions to check on ahead of time. Anywhos, we had a fabulous time making up the questions.

So here is the official announcement.

Scavenger Hunt 2011!!!

Here are some things we have decided to do for this year.

* We will once again have teams of 4 ladies.
* New for this year. You may make up your own teams. If you are a newbie, and need team mates, please let us know. We want everyone, and I mean everyone to feel welcome and have a great time!!

In the past ,we have had teams of 3, cuz of the odd numbers. If that happens, no worries. But we do want to do the best we can to keep it to 4 ladies, cuz we put prizes together for that amount. :thumbsup2

*The theme as you know is "Castle to California." So now is the time to start thinking of your team name and ideas to accessorize! You may pick anything to do with the theme, as long as you use something Castle and something California both in it. LOL! That is your first challenge...Woo hoo!!! :dance3:

*There will be a small entry fee of $5.00 -$7.00 per person.

Lastly, We have noticed that some of you have not signed up yet.

We hope that you decide to play. It is alot of fun, and you will see things that you have never ever noticed.

The questions consist of a little trivia, a little collecting, and lots of looking.
:magnify::magnify::magnify::magnify:

Have fun making up your teams!!
:grouphug:

Looking forward to hearing from you!!
:goodvibes

PS- I'm sure I have forgotten something....LOL!:rolleyes1

Check out www.wackybuttons.com (thanks bumbershoot). This may come in handy for scavenger hunt teams, or as a big group.

Scavenger Hunt Committee
Toocherie - Cheryl
Wendy
Lullabelle - Linda
Tinkermell - Melody
Lullabellesdd - Bree

Scavenger Hunt Teams

The Real Princesses of Orange County!!!
Katie/MamaKate
MaryJo/MaryJo
Capri/disney-super-mom
Vicki/CoMickey

Paparazzi Princesses
Michelle (zoemakes5)
Juliette
Jessica (Belle Ella)
Laurie (Diz Nee Luver)

Team - 3
cccdisney - Becci
Cynthia
karylrocks - Carol
21yankees - Steph

Team - 4
Bridget (sierra nevada)
Marnie (Maiyna Mouse)
Vicki (bsblgrl23)
Jodi (Jodi_Luvs_Disney)

Team - 5
MotoXPrincess - Sarah
Mrs. Pinup - Jen

Team 6
WendyPooh22 - Wendy
Tammy
Deesquared - Dianna
Shiela

Scavenger Hunt Participants in Need of a Team
Lisa Cat - Lisa
Trish

Rancho Lunch Thursday - 1:00 p.m.
Jen - Mrs.Pinup
Steph - 21yankees
Patty - katieandmattsmom
karylrocks - Carol
Michelle - Zoemakes5
Juliette
Jen - Farmgirljen
Chris - Califgirl
Jill - 4fosterkids
Melody - Tinkermell
Laurie - DizNeeLuver
Deb - jordansmomma
Dianna - deesquared
Sheila

Friday – Riverbelle Terrace Breakfast
Tracey - QueenDoOver
Carrie

WOC Picnic – Friday – Lunch/Dinner (whenever you decide to eat ;)) Prepaid Reservation Required
Dianna - Deesquared
Sheila

Carnation Café – Friday - Lunch - 1210
Lisa - lisacat
Trish
Steph - 21yankees
Katie - mamakate
Linda - Lullabelle
Bree - Lullabellesdd
Cheryl - toocherie
Carol - karylrocks
Vicki - CoMickey
Melody - Tinkermell
Deb - jordansmomma
Capri - disney-super-mom
Cristabel - disney inspired
Bridget - sierra nevada
Wendy - WendyPooh22
Tammy
MaryJo - Mary Jo
Jill - 4fosterkids

Friday Lunch at Golden Horseshoe with a Billy Hillbilly & the Hillbillies Show- 100 for a 130 show
Jen - MrsPinup
Jodi - Jodi Luvs Disney
Dianna - deesquared
Sheila
Trudi - vintagedisneyrules
Sarah - motoxprincess
Rochelle - eatmypixiedust

Napa - Friday Dinner - 530
Melody - Tinkermell
Jodi Luvs Disney - Jodi
tocherie - Cheryl
disney-super-mom - Capri
mamakate - Katie
Sierra Nevada - Bridget
Mary Jo - Mary Jo
lulubelle - Linda
LulubellesDD - Bree
4fosterkids - Jill
CoMickey - Vicki
MrsPinup - Jen
karylrocks - Carol
farmgirljen - Jen
Queendoover - Tracey
Carrie
MaiynaMouse - Marnie
SKWDW - Kathy
LisaCat - Lisa
Trish
Deb - jordansmomma

WOC Dining Friday - 600pm
Ariel's - Friday
Michelle - zoemakes5
Laurie - DizNee Luver
Vicki - bsblgrl
Jessica - Belle Ella

Friday - Dinner - House of Blues
Sarah - motoxprincess

Carnation Cafe - Saturday - Breakfast Right at park opening - 0800
Sarah - motoxprincess
Laurie - DizNee Luver
Jen - farmgirljen
Jen - MrsPinup
Dianna - deesquared
Sheila

Plaza Inn Saturday – Lunch -
Jodi Luvs Disney - Jodi
Linda - Lullabelle
Bree - Lullabellesdd
tocherie - Cheryl
Queen Do Over - Tracey
Carrie
Sarah - motoxprincess
Carol - karylrocks
Michelle - Zoemakes5
Juliette
Jen - MrsPinup
Melody - Tinkermell
Mary Jo - Mary Jo

Pacific Wharf Saturday Dinner What time do we need to be at Fantasmic? May need to do a grab and go?
Steph - 21yankees
Jodi Luvs Disney - Jodi
Sarah - motoxprincess
karylrocks - Carol
Linda - Lullabelle
Bree - Lullabellesdd
toocherie - Cheryl
MrsPinup - Jen
Tinkermell - Melody
Deb - jordansmomma
Mary Jo - Mary Jo
Dianna - deesquared
Sheila
Jill - 4fosterkids

Cove Bar – Saturday after Scavenger Hunt Is this feasible since we're heading to Fantasmic???
Steph – 21yankees
Katie - mamakate
Melody - tinkermell
Jen - MrsPinup

Fantasmic Dessert Box & Seating - Saturday night
Steph - 21yankees
Katie - Mamakate
Deb - Jordansmomma
Michelle - zoemakes5
Juliette
Sierra Nevada - Bridget
Linda - Lullabelle
Bree - Lullabellesdd
Laurie - DizNee Luver
Cheryl - Toocherie
Jill - 4fosterkids
Jodi - Jodi luvs Disney
Capri - disney-super-mom
Jen - MrsPinup
Vicki - bsblgrl23
cccdisney - Becci
Cynthia
Melody - tinkermell
Marnie - MaiynaMouse
Wendy - WendyPooh22
Tammy

Riverbelle Terrace Sunday – Breakfast -
Linda - Lullabelle
Bree - Lullabellesdd
Cheryl - Toocherie
Melody - Tinkermell
Laurie - DizNeeLuver
Deb - jordansmomma

Celebration Round Up & BBQ - Sunday - 1:30 -
Melody - Tinkermell
Linda - Lullabelle
Bree - Lullabellesdd
Steph - 21yankees
Trudi - VintageDisneyRules
Cheryl - Toocherie
Rochelle - Eatmypixiedust
Deb - Jordansmomma
Katie - MamaKate
Capri - disney-super-mom
Patty - katieandmattsmom
Jen - Mrs.Pinup -
Lisa - lisacat
Trish
DizNee Luver - Laurie
cccdisney - Becci
Cynthia
Sierra Nevada - Bridget
Lisa
Mary Jo - Mary Jo
jordansmomma - Deb
deesquared - Dianna
Shiela
zoemakes5 - Michelle
Juliette
4fosterkids - Jill
CoMickey - Vicki
karylrocks - Carol
Califgirl - Chris
Wendy - WendyPooh22
Tammy

Sunday – Dinner - Cafe Orleans
Melody - Tinkermell
Laurie - DizNeeLuver
Dianna - deesquared
Sheila

Monday - Breakfast - ???
Michelle - Zoemakes5
Juliette

Ladies Signed up for Trip

MamaKate - Katie
100_1961-1-1.jpg

Tammy - Wendypooh22's sister
23613_109765595705722_1000001684-1.jpg

23613_109765639039051_1000001684-1.jpg

toocherie - Cheryl
24035_1288938156356_1617280436_6-1.jpg

Mary Jo - Mary Jo
club343-2-1.jpg

eatmypixiedust-Rochelle.jpg

Califgirl - Chris
DSC00054a.jpg

21yankees - Steph
iuiuiu.jpg

disney-super-mom - Capri
iuiuiuiu.jpg

4fosterkids - Jill
kjkjkj.jpg

katieandmattsmom - Patty
patty.jpg

Wendypooh22 - Wendy
group.jpg

MotoXPrincess99 - Sarah
ry3D400CA9G2XC8-1.jpg

ry3D400CA9G2XC8.jpg

jordansmomma - Debra
ry3D400CAMC973Q.jpg

lulubelle - Linda
ry3D400CAMUCQF1-1.jpg

lulubellesDD - Brianne
ry3D400CAMUCQF1.jpg

tinkermell - Melody
tttttt.jpg

MrsPinup - Jen
April2010162-1.jpg

Diznee Luver - Laurie
Image459jpga.jpg

goofycathy - Cathy
IMGP1672.jpg

CoMickey - Vicki
ry400-5.jpg

Ladies Attending Continued:

Becky - cccdisney
ry400.jpg

karylrocks - Carol
100_1956-1-1.jpg

zoemakes4 -Michelle
555-2-1.jpg

SKWDW - Kathy
DCA_9.JPG

sierra Nevada - Bridget
MG_3425_lg.jpg

Jodi Luvs Disney - Jodi
DSCF1337-2.jpg

Lisacat - Lisa
WithStitch.jpg

QueenDoOver - Tracey
lll.jpg

yourMaire83
100_0506-1.jpg

Ladies Unable to Attend This Year. Looking forward to seeing you all in 2012.

Wendy
100_1944-1.jpg

sahbushka - SarahMay
ry3D400CAPIT7U0.jpg

Dangermouse - Callie
27248_1330974187398_1022298451_1-1.jpg

grizbuzz - Jen
555-1-1.jpg

BC Disney Lover - Angie
angie-1.jpg

PrincessDuck - Daisy
ry3D400CAMID662.jpg

mommaU4 - Beth
beth-1.jpg

MommywithDreams - Janelle
IMG_0490.jpg

LittleBlackRaincloud - Heather
100_1961-2-1.jpg

stacielee - Stacie
27248_1330974827414_1022298451_1-1.jpg

Queenbillabong - Theresa
100_1957-1-1.jpg

Billy Fan - Tina
ry3D400.jpg

Donna - Tina's mom (pic needed)

Disney_Princess09 - Vanessa
ry400-4.jpg

cheshiregirl - Jane
tttttt-1.jpg

FlameGirl - Kathy
kathy.jpg

anut4disney/ - Shirley
ry3D400CAQ8BNMI.jpg

Stacerita - Stacie
ry3D400CARBF3KG.jpg

Felecia - Courtney's mom
ooooo-1.jpg

prettyprincessbelle - Courtney
ry400-1.jpg

Also an option are tours. There is a Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour:http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...tstepsTourPage
As well as a Segway tour: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...reParkTourPage
Many of the returning ladies have done these tours previously, but any of the new ladies are welcome to recruit other "newbies" and form a group to attend one or more of the tours.

Segway
Sierra Nevada - Bridget

Walk In Walt's Steps
Sierra Nevada - Bridget

Hotel and Transportation
This group is a group of friends and Disney fans getting together for some fun. It is not an organized tour group, which means that you are free to come and go as you please. You can stay all five days or which ever days work best for you. There is a schedule but that's only a guide and no one is required to do anything they don't feel like doing.

It also means each person is responsible for making their own hotel arrangments and travel arrangements. Many who arrive at the same time will choose to share shuttles and such from the airport, but again, that is arranged on your own.

In the past, the majority have roomed at the Hojo Anaheim. http://www.hojoanaheim.com/ But some have stayed at other places or on site.
Also most people end up with one or more roommates. That's something that typically happens as the time passes and you find one or two ladies you really seem to click with that you think you'd like to room with.

Since the M&G will be at the Carousel Inn & Suites (disney-super-mom-thanks for all of your work on this) the M&G committee was able to contact them about getting us a block of rooms (just mentions the Disboard Meet) at $99 a night for 2 queens plus tax. Also there is a $2.00 a night resort fee but they include a continental breakfast and they are waiving their $9.00 a day parking fee.

Important information about booking with them. If you cancel your reservation at 29 days prior to your check in date you will be charged for 1 night. If you have to cancel less than 72 hours prior you will be charged for your scheduled stay.

More trip info.
The trips are a great way to meet other DISers, have fun, take a break from real life and have a different sort of trip than you would with your family along.
We do group meals, groups rides, group photos, etc. But we don't travel the parks as a group. Can you imagine 45-50 ladies walking down Main Street??

But we will meet up for a few things, then break apart for others. The nice thing is there is always someone who wants to do what you want, whether that is shopping, thrill rides, kiddie rides, people watching, eating, etc. so you don't ever have to be alone. Unless you want to that is. We also pass out a print out with everyone's cell phone number the first night so you have a way to contact everyone else.

I hope this info is helpful to all the new ladies we have, or to anyone thinking of joining us. Please feel free to jump right in and post on the thread. Introduce yourself, share a photo if you'd like, etc. As always if you have any questions, feel free to ask here on the thread, or send me a PM if you prefer.

Here is a list of frequently asked questions from those who are new to the annual Disneyland Girls-only Trips:

Q: Who can join the trip?
A: Anyone who is age 18 and older, is female, loves Disney and is ready to have fun and make new friends.

Q: When is it?
A: March 3-7, 2011 is the next trip which will be the 4th annual.

Q: How much does it cost?
A: How much the trip costs will vary from person to person based on your airfare/travel costs, which meals/park tours you sign up for, how much you spend on souvenirs, if you already have an annual pass, and of course which hotel and room you book.

Q: Is this a tour guided group?
A: No, this is not a tour group at all. It is a group of individual DIS ladies who meet up yearly to celebrate their love of Disney at the Happiest Place on Earth. Each person is responsible for making their own travel and hotel arrangements, for signing up for which meals and tours they are interested in, for buying their own park tickets, etc.
You will not be told to be at a certain place at a certain time, but rather will be offered a variety of options to choose from to tailor your trip the way you want it.

Q: What meals and tours are offered?
A: The meal sign-ups will be posted as the trip gets closer. A schedule will be posted and then you can pick and choose what you want to join. The meals vary from year to year but there have previously been large group meals at Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe, Jazz Kitchen, Goofy's Kitchen, etc.
The tours are offered by the parks so check the Disneyland website to see what selection they have. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ingPage&bhcp=1
Contact people will be posted as the trip draws closer and will be in charge of making meal and tour reservations for all those signed up.

Q: Will I feel awkward if it's my first time? Does everyone already know each other? Should I come alone or bring a friend?
A: This is a very welcoming group of ladies and the more you make an effort to get to know everyone, the more relaxed you will feel on the trip. The trip thread is a great place to post information about yourself, along with a picture and get to know everyone. Some ladies have been here since the first trip and have formed close bonds, others are brand new this year. We always have a mix of vets and newbies. Everyone is welcome to bring a friend or family member, but they are welcome to come alone as many of the ladies do.

Q: Where does everyone stay?
A: The past three years we've roomed at the Hojo Anaheim. http://www.hojoanaheim.com/ It's a nice hotel within walking distance of the parks, and close to Mimi's Cafe and McDonalds. Some of the ladies choose to room together to cut costs. Also using the Entertainment Book discount can help save money on the hotel.

Q: How will I get to know everyone? What if I get separated from the group?
A: Before the trip, chatting on this thread is a great way to get to know everyone. There are pictures of the ladies on the front page so you can "see" who you are talking to before hand. We put together a list of cell phone numbers prior to the trip which is then handed out so everyone can keep in touch. The first night of the trip is the Meet and Greet which is a fun party held in the conference room of the Hojo Anaheim, and a great ice breaker.

Q: How do you keep 40 or more ladies together??
A: Easy.....we don't. Touring the parks as a group would be near impossible. We do plan a certain group activities, and the rest of the time we break off into smaller groups based on your interests. There will be some who want to shop, or ride the fast rides, etc.
The group activities we usually do are a few group meals, some group rides (for example Small World, and POTC), two group photos at Princess Fantasy Faire and one either in front of the castle or some other pre-determined location, a group scavenger hunt, tours (if anyone is interested in signing up for those) and the first night Meet and Greet.

Q: How do I join?
A: Just post on the thread! Introduce yourself, post a picture if you can, and that's it. Check in now and then to see what plans are being discussed. Most information can be found on the front page, so if you get behind in the thread you can check there for any important changes or updates. Most serious planning won't begin until we are much closer to the trip date.

Hopefully that information helped clear up any of the more frequently asked questions regarding the DIS Girls-only trips, but if you have anymore questions or concerns, feel free to post on the thread and someone will be happy to answer them for you! Welcome to the fun!

In memory of a special diva, gone but not forgotten.
We miss you Dawn!

I've found that true Disney Magic happens not necessarily in the park or for some special event................... it's about the people you are with!

Dawn-1.jpg

I am so honored to be 1st! WooHoo! Great start Steph, especially with one hand:)

Let the planning begin....

Cheryl~ I can't wait to hear about your visit with Miss. Sally, Bob & the grandkiddos!
Have a great time!!

thanks Steph

Great start Steph!! :thumbsup2

Cheryl, have fun this weekend with your visitors. And great score on the airfare to WDW. :cool1:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter