Girls Only Disneyland Trip!! Old thread. New link in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clear up any confusion, we have 3 mini meets in the works that I know of.

1. April 24-26th Several Divas will be in town for MouseAdventure on the 26th and a few others (like me) will be at DLR for other reasons such as Food & Wine festival. I believe a character meal breakfast will be planned for all those in town that weekend.

2. Sept. 4-6th The Disneyland Half Marathon and 5k are being held on the 6th and 5th respectively. Jen (grizzbuzz) is keeping a list of who is attending/participating.

3. Oct. 23-25th Dis Divas & Families mini meet for Halloween/Beth's birthday. If it's like last year there will likely be a girls only dinner and then a larger group attending the Mickey's Trick or Treat Party, which is a hard ticket event at DCA in the evening.

When I booked my room for each of these weekends Hojo had the Ent rate available. But, I had to call--I wasn't able to get it to go through online.

Another tip I found on a site a long time ago was to empty a mini M&M's Tube container (I know, torture!). Then stack 2 quarters & a shiny penny, 2 quarters & a shiny penny, repeat. That way you don't have to go through your change purse to find the appropriate change and your girls are guaranteed shiny pressed pennies.

This is true, and I made two of them. Two points: They get sort of heavy in the Mommy Pack Mule Bag. The lids aren't that tight fitting, and when it snaps loose and dumps out, the coins don't stay sorted:(
One more thing: If you put them in your bag and carry it on an airplane, and don't take it out before going through security, then you will be pulled aside, and further investigated because apparently the shape is similiar to something alarming, like say a stick of dynomite??

It was still worth it. My 6 year old got out his tube at DLH when we were waiting to be seated at Goofy's kitchen and he made a squished penny for all the little children gathered about and begging for one. Of course he would not let them work the machine or anything, as that is the part he likes the best:laughing:

Hey ladies!! It sounds like you all had a blast!! Since you are back, I figured I would pop on some baby pics if anyone is interested.. They are too cute. Not that I am biased or anything.. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I'm not biased and I think they are darn cute. I'm glad you're taking them home though:)

I love that movie!! My kids don't really like it, I make them watch it with me!!
Thanks!
My 12 year old got Mary Poppins for his 1st bday and also it was his first Disney movie. He loved that movie and watched it over and over and over. I still love it though.

I uploaded all my photos to the various accounts now, so enjoy. Donna, I will send you an email next time I get a sec to attach to my cards again:)

If anyone wants me to email them a jpg version, just PM me your email address.

Tracey

Where is Dawn? Is she still there?

Yes, she's here until Friday--I'm having dinner tonite with her, her Mom and MIchelle (ZoeMakes5) at California Pizza Kitchen at GardenWalk.

1. April 24-26th Several Divas will be in town for MouseAdventure on the 26th and a few others (like me) will be at DLR for other reasons such as Food & Wine festival. I believe a character meal breakfast will be planned for all those in town that weekend.

2. Sept. 4-6th The Disneyland Half Marathon and 5k are being held on the 6th and 5th respectively. Jen (grizzbuzz) is keeping a list of who is attending/participating.

3. Oct. 23-25th Dis Divas & Families mini meet for Halloween/Beth's birthday. If it's like last year there will likely be a girls only dinner and then a larger group attending the Mickey's Trick or Treat Party, which is a hard ticket event at DCA in the evening.

When I booked my room for each of these weekends Hojo had the Ent rate available. But, I had to call--I wasn't able to get it to go through online.

Well, not to add further confusion, but there is also this Sept. 10-13 "23" convention thingie. I did not make a reservation for Labor Day, but did for Sept. 10-13. So I have a room reserved that weekend and Beth's birthday weekend. The plan now is to stay at my place MouseAdventure weekend. We should probably be making a PS soon if we're going to have a big dinner. Otherwise I was going to make a PS for the Lilo and Stitch breakfast on Sun. morning for our two MA teams so we can meet up with the Mary Jo/Chris/Leslie/Kelly team--the Dis Divas before the event starts.

I've just spent the last two hours at the nursing home--they were going to discharge my Mom tomorrow and SHE CAN'T WALK. They had her try stairs on Monday and she hasn't been able to get out of bed since then. She is essentially worse off than when she went in.

Needless to say, (and Molly will laugh) when I got done with my "attorney voice" she is not being discharged tomorrow.

MEGAN - THOSE BABES ARE FLIPPIN' ADORABLE!!!

smile_congrats.gif

Hi ladies!!!! Wow, y'all have been talking a lot since yesterday. LOL I only skimmed through.

Stacie, did you ever find out what it was that bit you?? Ick! Bed bugs are one of the reasons I hate hotels. They can get on your stuff and come home with you too! :scared1:

Megan, your babies are adorable!!! :goodvibes Congratulations to you and your family. How are you feeling?

And wouldn't you know it, that's all I can remember. :confused: :rolleyes:

I hope everyone is doing well, and had a good day so far. :)

DOH! I will just miss you by 1 day in April. My DH & I will be there on the 27th to celebrate our anniversary. :sad2: Maybe I can swing the Oct one since we will have just renewed our AP...

I've just spent the last two hours at the nursing home--they were going to discharge my Mom tomorrow and SHE CAN'T WALK. They had her try stairs on Monday and she hasn't been able to get out of bed since then. She is essentially worse off than when she went in.

Needless to say, (and Molly will laugh) when I got done with my "attorney voice" she is not being discharged tomorrow.

I'm not laughing, I'm quaking in my socks! As well they should be, trying to discharge her when she can't even get out of bed.

Oh, I almost forgot! Last night was sooooo fun. We went to see the Phantom of the Opera as I said. It was in one word..........amazing. Awesome. Spectacular. Ok, so that's several words, but really there were moments I had goosebumps. I want to see it again!!

Then from there we spent the night at one of Vegas' newest hotels, The M Resort. It was really nice. I took lots of pics to share as I know some of you travel to Vegas now and then. It's off the Strip, so you'd definitely need a car, but it is so nice I'd recommend it for someone looking to visit the whole area, not just the Strip.

It was a great night, and the morning was nice until I was rudely jerked back into reality with a phone call from the school. Adam was involved in a fight this morning. Some kid has been picking on him verbally the past 2 weeks and today he pushed Adam, so Adam pushed him back and then the other kid swung and hit him in the head.

Well, both of them are now suspended until next week and I have to meet with the dean on Monday to discuss Adam's "issues".
Apparently being an A student and defending yourself suddenly means you have issues. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry for going off like that. But last night was really nice. I'd recommend Phantom to anyone who's never seen it here. :thumbsup2

Ok, so I've made a PS for 10 people at 8 a.m. on April 26th for LIlo and Stitch. I added a couple just in case others are there too (we can also cancel the extra 2).

I'm trying to figure out how to post here.
I had such a great time on the trip. I really enjoyed the scavenger hunt and look forward to it again ! I'm going to have to get Sarah to help me with adding pics.

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. I sat across from you and Sarah at the Cove Bar. It was great meeting you guys.

I'm not laughing, I'm quaking in my socks! As well they should be, trying to discharge her when she can't even get out of bed.
My mother was sent home with double pneumonia, could not walk, and no training on how to treat the mess they made of her. It is not that uncommon for them to dump patients on family before the patient is ready. It took her another round of hospital and nursing home and many months of me healing her sores.

I have a lot of horror stories about hospitals and nursing homes but now to the regularly scheduled fun.

I would love to join you ladies for any events but being new do understand. Right now GCH meals are a bit far and I am waiting on the report on if I get a scooter.:woohoo: I am looking for a used one right now with no luck. Still waiting for more pictures everyone. Burn the ones with me in them please, do not want to crack the monitor, lol.:laughing: :rolleyes1

thanks Sarah !:cheer2:

Siggie looks good.

Hey--I just thought of something--where was Berniece this weekend? Wasn't she supposed to be there?

Yeah, where was she?

Megan, I'm not biased and I have to say that your babies are friggin' adorable! I wish I could hold them! It almost makes me want to have one. :cutie:

Bite your tongue.

Thanks for clearing it up some.

Stacie, did you ever find out what it was that bit you?? Ick! Bed bugs are one of the reasons I hate hotels. They can get on your stuff and come home with you too! :scared1:

Bed bugs. ICK! I emailed Lorealle so they can make sure they fumigate the room and stuff. My back looks horrible, and I am itching like crazy.

Ok, so I've made a PS for 10 people at 8 a.m. on April 26th for LIlo and Stitch. I added a couple just in case others are there too (we can also cancel the extra 2).

Count me in for that Cheryl.

Bed bugs. ICK! I emailed Lorealle so they can make sure they fumigate the room and stuff. My back looks horrible, and I am itching like crazy.
Oh Stacie, that sucks! I ALWAYS check the mattress and bedding at hotels we stay at, but since I've been at HoJo a few times, I didn't check this time. I just figured since we'd stayed there it was fine. But we usually stay in building 1.

I haven't noticed anything on myself but now I am itchy!! :rotfl: I hope it clears up for you soon, and none of them hitched a ride home with you.

Oh Stacie, that sucks! I ALWAYS check the mattress and bedding at hotels we stay at, but since I've been at HoJo a few times, I didn't check this time. I just figured since we'd stayed there it was fine. But we usually stay in building 1.

I haven't noticed anything on myself but now I am itchy!! :rotfl: I hope it clears up for you soon, and none of them hitched a ride home with you.

I hope none hitched a ride. I had my stuff all over my side of the room, so who knows. And everyone I tell what happened, gets itchy too.

Bed bugs!!!:scared1:

Geez, I hope that you are okay, Stacie.

Cheryl---Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she starts feeling like new soon.

Beth---I am glad that you had a great time at the Phantom and the M. Sorry to hear about Adam. That is a big bummer. I think the schools nowadays have a zero tolerance for fighting regardless of who started it. It sucks and I am sorry.
Now I don't promote kids fighting but....
Go Adam!!!!---- for defending yourself!:rolleyes1

I think that's probably like my "teacher voice" that I sometimes have to use in public. It totally works!

Oh, I almost forgot! Last night was sooooo fun. We went to see the Phantom of the Opera as I said. It was in one word..........amazing. Awesome. Spectacular. Ok, so that's several words, but really there were moments I had goosebumps. I want to see it again!!

Then from there we spent the night at one of Vegas' newest hotels, The M Resort. It was really nice. I took lots of pics to share as I know some of you travel to Vegas now and then. It's off the Strip, so you'd definitely need a car, but it is so nice I'd recommend it for someone looking to visit the whole area, not just the Strip.

It was a great night, and the morning was nice until I was rudely jerked back into reality with a phone call from the school. Adam was involved in a fight this morning. Some kid has been picking on him verbally the past 2 weeks and today he pushed Adam, so Adam pushed him back and then the other kid swung and hit him in the head.

Well, both of them are now suspended until next week and I have to meet with the dean on Monday to discuss Adam's "issues".
Apparently being an A student and defending yourself suddenly means you have issues. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry for going off like that. But last night was really nice. I'd recommend Phantom to anyone who's never seen it here. :thumbsup2

Beth, I'm glad you had a fun night, but bummer about waking up to reality. As long as Adam isn't instigating problems, he shouild be able to defend himself!

Well, I am super tired after a long day in the kitchen today. I have a client who has a ton of "rules' regarding what her family eats. Most of them are fine, and I get to shop at Whole Foods for all of their supplies, but yesterday she emailed me to let me know that I should only be using Himilayan salt on their food! Really?
So I'm off to have my dinner and just chill in front of the tube tonight. See you all tomorrow!

Two more things:

1.Stacie, that is a major bummer about the bed bugs! I would never expect them at the Hojos.

2. I don't think I mention earlier that my mom and I saw Ed Bagley Jr. twice on Sunday. First at Innovintions and later near the Tortilla Factory in DCA. What's funny is that Marty and I saw him at Storytellyers Cafe a couple of years ago. I guess he really likes Disney!

I think that's probably like my "teacher voice" that I sometimes have to use in public. It totally works!

It really was a thing to behold. She didn't even raise her voice or sound threatening. She wasn't even talking to me, and I wanted to do her bidding immediately! My SIL can do it too, and she's also a lawyer. However my SIL wasn't a lawyer when I first heard her do it, so I think it might be a genetic combo. It was very cool.

2. I don't think I mention earlier that my mom and I saw Ed Bagley Jr. twice on Sunday. First at Innovintions and later near the Tortilla Factory in DCA. What's funny is that Marty and I saw him at Storytellyers Cafe a couple of years ago. I guess he really likes Disney!

He was there in December, too! I stood next to him as we watched the Teacups go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter