• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GAC and Meet N Greets

we weren't selected for FP+ despite ready many others staying @ our resort indicating they have. Can't say I'm a fan of the system but wish I had the ability to participate. Admit the thought keeps crossing my mind that since we don't have the ability to pre-book any FPs (& the GAC process will likely be tweaked by the time of our visit in 18 days) it may turn out to be quite the interesting trip scrambling to get regular FPs.

I keep reminding myself I have no control over this situation...will just put on my MM ears & go with the flow:)

Did you check on My Disney Experience? I never got anything say we were getting magic bands but one day when I was on MDE I noticed FP+ and magic bands there. I was able to customize them and they are supposed to ship out in a few days. I can do FP+ too but not everyone in my party has tickets yet so I haven't use it. Its worth checking if you haven't.

I am happy to see some meet and greet on the FP+ options, and I am booking them! Those lines can be worse than the rides, GAC or no GAC. I booked some for my trip in 10 days.

I think Fastpass Plus will be helpful for many people - especially those who need a plan of what will happen when.

I LOVED the FP plus, lots of people are complaining but we HAVE to take a very specific break in the middle of each day, and if we were doing regular FP's it would have been impossible to get that concrete time. I'm really excited to try it an see if all my research pays off.

FTR: We didn't get an invite, I happen to stumble across it on MDE and just picked colors. That was all the notice we got.

thanks I've been checking for weeks when I click on MDE, then Fastpass+ all I see is notice i'm not eligible. Under my cards & magic band section all I see our APs. I will keep checking though jik

thanks I've been checking for weeks when I click on MDE, then Fastpass+ all I see is notice i'm not eligible. Under my cards & magic band section all I see our APs. I will keep checking though jik

Yes, keep checking.
We have a trip planned and found it showed up one day when DH looked on MDE.

Yes, keep checking.
We have a trip planned and found it showed up one day when DH looked on MDE.

thanks, i'm now up to several driveby's a day now;) who knows...maybe i'll wind up with a pincode for all my interest

FTR: We didn't get an invite, I happen to stumble across it on MDE and just picked colors. That was all the notice we got.

We did not get notice either, I too just noticed it one day while checking out park times. I would recommend anyone going soon to just check at lease once a day and see if anything pops up for you.

We did not get notice either, I too just noticed it one day while checking out park times. I would recommend anyone going soon to just check at lease once a day and see if anything pops up for you.

Before I was invited, I just went into MDE, logged in, linked reservation, and park passes, checked in online, and THEN I got the option to pick the Magic Bands. And choose my FP+ options.

Before I was invited, I just went into MDE, logged in, linked reservation, and park passes, checked in online, and THEN I got the option to pick the Magic Bands. And choose my FP+ options.

all checked off, now I wait to be chosen lol

I can confirm that they are not accepting GAC's at the new princess town hall. Mind you, I wasn't trying to use a GAC, as we had fastpasses on our magic bands.

We encountered our first ever grumpy CM, who sternly told us no strollers. I showed him the wheelchair sticker, and he (in a rude tone) said he needed to see the GAC. I pulled out the GAC, then he (rudely) told me GAC's weren't permitted and we had to go in the standby line (Dude, you're the one who asked to see the darn thing???). I told him we were in the fastpass line, b/c we have fastpasses! He seemed annoyed, but finally let us proceed.

I brushed it off, but DH was embarrassed b/c there were quite a few people behind us line watching and listening to the whole exchange. I'm not going to let one grumpy CM ruin my vacation though!

I can confirm that they are not accepting GAC's at the new princess town hall. Mind you, I wasn't trying to use a GAC, as we had fastpasses on our magic bands.

We encountered our first ever grumpy CM, who sternly told us no strollers. I showed him the wheelchair sticker, and he (in a rude tone) said he needed to see the GAC. I pulled out the GAC, then he (rudely) told me GAC's weren't permitted and we had to go in the standby line (Dude, you're the one who asked to see the darn thing???). I told him we were in the fastpass line, b/c we have fastpasses! He seemed annoyed, but finally let us proceed.

I brushed it off, but DH was embarrassed b/c there were quite a few people behind us line watching and listening to the whole exchange. I'm not going to let one grumpy CM ruin my vacation though!

hmm, we have FP+ for the princess hall. So was he just confused thinking you were trying to use the GAC instead of having FP's? Glad the stroller ended up being ok. I don't mind the lines etc, just please don't take the stroller! lol

hmm, we have FP+ for the princess hall. So was he just confused thinking you were trying to use the GAC instead of having FP's? Glad the stroller ended up being ok. I don't mind the lines etc, just please don't take the stroller! lol

Yeah, I need that stroller too!!! My little guy does fine in lines (with the stroller), but without that stroller for characters and shows, we'd be in big trouble!

There are changes coming to GACs in October.

CMs are just starting to be educated soon.

(I think we may have run into that CM on our last trip. ( JK, but you never know)
When Mickey first moved to Town Square we tried to get into the standby line with our stroller ( with sticker and GAC) The CM told us that strollers had to go outside, we showed him our GAC and he again told us that the stroller had to go and that GAC's could not be used for meet and greets. We questioned him on this because we were not trying to use the GAC for anything other than the stroller and he refused to let us in. We then went across the street to City Hall and a GS CM walked us over and took care of it. I think maybe with any new attraction you run the risk of a CM not understanding the GAC or how it is to be used at the location ( in this case I am only reffering to the stroller), but that does not excuses being rude.
I am looking forward to trying out fastpass+ for the meet and greets.

Last October we took DS (then 6, with autism) to a ton of meet & greets. We did have a GAC, but never used it, though we do use his stroller as a wheelchair - I believe we were told the GAC did not apply to the meet & greets. He was dying to see the Princesses a couple times and Merida - both lines were so long, and he handled it (much to our surprise). If he had no interest in the character, I'm sure he would not have tolerated such a long wait.

GAC was not honored at the Buzz and Woody meet and greet in HS. Tried on two different days, two different cast members as handlers. They suggested Mom wait in line, and when she reache dteh front we could sneak into the back door with their help to meet her.

As far as I know, GACs never were accepted at meet and greets (?) But of course they should allow the stroller as a wheelchair with a GAC.

I use FP for it, or we just wait..... I did book the new one with FP+ for next week.

Once we were looking at Buzz and Woody, across from TSM, the inside meet and greet. I was just pointing the characters out to my son, they were behind the glass wall. A CM popped out, and asked if my son wanted to meet them, and I said yes, and she also brought him in thru the back door. It was very nice, we were quick, no autographs, just a quick photo. (my son is a special needs adult who uses a Convaid chair at WDW).

As far as I know, GACs never were accepted at meet and greets (?) But of course they should allow the stroller as a wheelchair with a GAC.

I use FP for it, or we just wait..... I did book the new one with FP+ for next week.

Once we were looking at Buzz and Woody, across from TSM, the inside meet and greet. I was just pointing the characters out to my son, they were behind the glass wall. A CM popped out, and asked if my son wanted to meet them, and I said yes, and she also brought him in thru the back door. It was very nice, we were quick, no autographs, just a quick photo. (my son is a special needs adult who uses a Convaid chair at WDW).

I love the stories of Cms sprinkling a little bit of pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter