• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GAC and Meet N Greets

Well, obviously it's not 100% one or the other. Some people are honest but I am willing to bet that a large number are talking nonsense. I certainly cannot be the ONLY person whose GAC experience means never waiting more than 5 minutes. It's not like I've been singled out by Disney and when I show up to get a GAC, an all points bulletin goes out to CMs parkwide to throw policy out the window when my family approaches an attraction.

I just get tired of people not owning up to the truth about the GAC for HIDDEN disabilities. I absolutely can see how mobility related GACs can result in much longer wait times so I am not attempting to speak to that side of it.

Your not the only one, I have posted this many many times to be told that my experience is not the case, yet I've been using it for around 10 years going every yr for 3wks some times more! And my experiences have always been the same or very similar.

At WDW now. Low crowds and two kids with different GACs. One gets in quickly because she can transfer. The other either waits for the specially adapted vehicle or is of luck because no such thing exists for that attraction. We take the good with the bad and are having a ball.

The most obvious evidence that the GAC provides an advantage is the abuse of it, as has already been mentioned. Plain and simple. People wouldn't get an unnecessary GAC by lying if it didn't benefit them in some way.

I even know of people who use the "stroller as wheelchair" designation just because their kids are lazy. Seriously. It's pathetic and sad. Wish people like that knew what it is really like to have kids with issues.

Again, this is Disney's problem to solve.

This makes me very sad, I'd wait in line for 100 hours if I could just hear "mommy." Just once. I have dreams sometimes where my son talks to me. I imagine what his voice would sound like when I'm on a long quiet drive. It's a funny mixture between the squealing he does but a little deeper and quiet.

I'm not expecting based on what I've read here to really get anything special. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, guess I hope so, since just getting to Disney will take every ounce of patience I am able to muster. The crying, the hitting, the nightmare of being on a plane, trying to get him to sleep without his bed... Sometimes I feel crazy just attempting to do this.

We have 2 other children and they should have a wonderful Disney trip, lord knows nothing else is easy for them.

Okay, so I'm a little lost here...

Our last trip was in 2011 w/our two children with special needs: DS was 18 at the time and has Autism; DD was 2 at the time and is a former 1 lb 2 oz preemie with Autism, cerebral palsy and fed via g-tube. They each had a GAC and we had a "stroller as wheelchair" tag due to her mobility issues.

We're leaving in 1 month :woohoo: for our next trip. This time we'll only be travelling with DD, now 4. Our past experience with character meet & greets was that there was no use of GAC, EXCEPT....when we went to meet Mickey and the Princesses, there was a Fast Pass line and we were admitted using our GAC. In fact, for the attractions that offered FP, we were almost always directed to use the FP line. (I'm guessing it depends on what your stamp says on your GAC?) For rides such as it's a small world, we were directed to the entrance for people using wheelchairs.

Have things changed? I thought about trying to utilize FP+ for character interactions, but we haven't purchased our tickets yet - still scraping together last minute funds - but I also worry about how that would work for us. DD's behavior and condition can be unpredictable, so it's very hard to plan hours (days, weeks, etc!) ahead to pick a FP time. She might be in the middle of a meltdown, or her legs might be too tired to get out of the stroller for a hug! That's why we loved the "use the FP line" option. We could work around her meltdowns or stamina issues.

For the characters that don't have FP (most) we often tried to wait in the line, but almost always had to duck out because she wasn't able to last in line in such close proximity to others, and it usually led to a shutdown that throws her off for the rest of the day.
:sad2:

PLEASE don't flame/bash me. I'm just seeking information. We're not trying to get around the system. As others have said, our children have it tough every day. We save for years to be able to take this vacation to give them a little break from their every day reality.
pixiedust:

There are different stamps put on different GACs, based on the needs of the person THAT GAC was issued to.

No matter what stamp is on the GAC, the wait could be:
shorter
longer
or the same
as other guests.

The same GAC at the same attraction could be handled:
the same
or differently
when that person comes back at a different time.

When some of us say that, we get accused of not telling the truth or actually lying (note that most of the reports of waiting longer use the word 'could', not 'always'.

This is just ONE example of why those of us who say the wait could wait longer say that:
25 years ago, many lines were not wheelchair accessible, but almost all of the newer attractions (and many of the older ones) are accessible in the regular (Mainstream) line.
So wheelchair or ECV = front of line has not been true for a long time. Even when there were many attractions with special arrangements for guests using wheelchairs, that didn't always mean shorter wait, just a different place to wait.

Since Small World was mentioned in an article earlier this year with a "one minute wait" .......

This picture shows the handicapped line for Small World. It happens the same way other places too.
PA130085.JPG

It is required to be used by guests with mobility devices (like wheelchairs) because the regular line is not accessible. It is also used by some guests with GACs. In our experience, often over 1/2 of the guests/groups using it are using it for that reason - they don't have a mobility device.
This picture shows a time when the wait was similar or possibly slightly shorter than the wait in the 'regular line.' The handicapped boarding area is toward the left side of the picture, down at the bottom of the ramp.The ramp at the top of the picture is part of the regular line. The ramp people are coming up on the right of the picture, toward you is the exit.

This picture show Small World at a time when the wait in the handicapped area was longer than the wait in the regular line.
P1030217.JPG

My family was at the bottom of the ramp, waiting to get on. The picture is taken from the opposite direct compared to the first picture, looking toward the entrance and exit.
The ramp on the far left of the picture has the people who will get on the next 2 boats.
The ramp in the middle is the exit ramp. The ramp to the far right of the picture is the handicapped line and it went all the way to the entrance and out the gate at the top. People who did not have wheelchairs might have had a shorter wait in the regular line ( in this case, they WOULD have had a shorter wait in the regular line since we saw the people who were just ahead of us entering the regular line get on way before us).

These are some more pictures of Small World that show a longer wait.
The posted wait time for the regular line was 25 minutes and you can see people, at least in this part of the regular line you can see, are widely spaced.
image31.jpg

This is the handicapped line at the same time.
image32.jpg

The actual entrance to handicapped line is way up where you can see a man and woman in orange shirts. It extends from the front of this picture all the down the ramp that is shown in the pictures in the previous post. All the people to the right of the photo are also part of the handicapped line.
The regular entrance is where you can see a sign in the background, between the heads of 2 people with orange hats.
In this case, people in the handicapped line will be waiting longer.
And, the extra wait can be much longer. One recent trip, my DH and DD had gone to Small World while I went on something DD is not able to go on. I know what time they got into line because DH texted me when they got in the line.
When I arrived at Small World, they had already been waiting for 25 minutes in the handicapped line. I could not get to them since they were in the bottom 1/3 of the handicapped line ramp shown in the picture and the handicapped line ramp was full all the way to the top.
I got in the regular line and planned to meet them later - DH was going to get DD something to drink while they waited for me to be done. 20 minutes later, I got on a boat - 3 boats behind them.
So, I waited 20 minutes (which was the posted time). They waited 45.
They did have to wait for a wheelchair accessible boat. When they got to the end of the ramp, they let 3 groups who didn't need the wheelchair boat from behind them in that line go past to board, but those were small groups who fit one one boat, so their wait in the line was not increased more than a few minutes by needing the wheelchair boat.

The reason we say it could be a longer wait is that is the truth.
The difference in the 3 pictures above is timing - we happened to come for the different pictures when it was busy or not busy.
If we happened to come only when it looked like picture one, we might think that is how the 'handicapped line' always is. But, we have been there at the times shown in the other pictures too, so we know that the wait is not always short.

So, would guests rather know that any of those picture could be a possibility or plan that they will never have to wait?

Okay, so I'm a little lost here...

Our last trip was in 2011 w/our two children with special needs: DS was 18 at the time and has Autism; DD was 2 at the time and is a former 1 lb 2 oz preemie with Autism, cerebral palsy and fed via g-tube. They each had a GAC and we had a "stroller as wheelchair" tag due to her mobility issues.

We're leaving in 1 month :woohoo: for our next trip. This time we'll only be travelling with DD, now 4. Our past experience with character meet & greets was that there was no use of GAC, EXCEPT....when we went to meet Mickey and the Princesses, there was a Fast Pass line and we were admitted using our GAC. In fact, for the attractions that offered FP, we were almost always directed to use the FP line. (I'm guessing it depends on what your stamp says on your GAC?) For rides such as it's a small world, we were directed to the entrance for people using wheelchairs.

Have things changed? I thought about trying to utilize FP+ for character interactions, but we haven't purchased our tickets yet - still scraping together last minute funds - but I also worry about how that would work for us. DD's behavior and condition can be unpredictable, so it's very hard to plan hours (days, weeks, etc!) ahead to pick a FP time. She might be in the middle of a meltdown, or her legs might be too tired to get out of the stroller for a hug! That's why we loved the "use the FP line" option. We could work around her meltdowns or stamina issues.

For the characters that don't have FP (most) we often tried to wait in the line, but almost always had to duck out because she wasn't able to last in line in such close proximity to others, and it usually led to a shutdown that throws her off for the rest of the day.
:sad2:

PLEASE don't flame/bash me. I'm just seeking information. We're not trying to get around the system. As others have said, our children have it tough every day. We save for years to be able to take this vacation to give them a little break from their every day reality.
pixiedust:
For indoor meet and greets, the CMs have more options than the outdoor meet and greets.
There are some GACs that are specifically stamped 'not for character meet and greets'. For those, the only option would be to wait in the regular line or get Fastpasses, if that meet and greet offers those.
For other GACs, the CMs can often come up with something that works - it could be the Fastpass line, it could be a handwritten time pass to come back at a time equal to the current wait or it could be having part of the group wait in the regular line, while one person waits with the person with a disability outside if the line.
We have experienced all 3 at different times. We have lo been told there were no accommodations available when it was just DD and I waiting in line (I expect that if we had more people, they would have suggested some wait in line while DD and I waited to the side).
The last option - some of the group waiting in the line while others wait outside - is frequently used by parents of children without disabilities. So, no GAC is needed to do that.
If that would work for you, you can choose to do that without using a GAC.

For outdoor meet and greets, there is usually just the character(s), a handler and possibly a Photopass CM. They have little they can offer as far as accommodations, so the usual is having some of the group wait in line while the others wait off to the side.

There are changes coming to GAC, reportedly in October. The most likely changes are things to tie the GAC more to the person it was issued to and also change how it is used at attractions. One likely thing is giving a return time.

If your resort is using Fastpass Plus, people have been reporting they have been able to make or change Fastpass Plus 'reservations' on the fly. So, changing a time if it is just not working out. No one knows just how it will work when it is fully rolled out.

Even though it was triggered by the publicized abuse, I think the potential procedural review and changes as described by Sue, will not only end the FOTL abuse but also provide much better certainty for individuals with disabilities.

Since our son would not accepts the advantage of getting in earlier, when we did use GAC we pretty much did the come back when it would have been our turn.

While I am sure some one will still find a way to abuse it. without the FOTL potential, I think the "commercial" viability of the abuse will go away

People lying to get GACs or to be guided by those who use GAC is NOT evidence of shorter waits. It's evidence of the PERCEPTION of shorter waits. There's a big difference.

Like everybody else who travels with somebody who needs a GAC, I've experienced waits that are shorter, waits that are longer, and waits that are the same. Nobody is trying to say that waits are always longer. It's simply not true. But, saying that waits are always shorter is also not true. I'm happy for you if your experience has always been short waits, but are you sure all of your waits are actually shorter and this isn't just perception? Some it's easy to tell but not all. My DH was sure that our waits were always shorter until I started pointing out people who got in the regular line after us getting on a ride while we were waiting or else showing him posted wait times that were less than what we actually waited. He was shocked. He was positive that our waits were always less than the standby line. This was his perception, not fact.

In addition, the GAC simply isn't enough for us to be able to go into some attractions. Before I learned about touring plans we would have to skip rides that had long waits because my DD simply couldn't handle even the alernate waiting area for the amount of time it would take to get to the attraction. Now, using good touring plans we can get in most attractions faster without our GAC at the "right" time than we could before by using our GAC at the "wrong" time. I can't speak for others but when I'm advising that a good touring plan can do more than a GAC, I'm speaking from my own first hand experience. Yes a GAC will sometimes, maybe even often, shorten the wait time over what others might have BUT I can get significantly shorter waits than that on my own with good planning and using DD15's GAC at the wrong time results in us having to skip too many attractions. We do still use a GAC because there are some things a touring plan can't do (ex. it can't keep us out of mob waiting areas for shows with pre-show waiting rooms) so I'm certainly not going to say don't get a GAC. I'm just saying that a good touring plan REALLY can do a heck of a lot more than relying just on a GAC.

That's me, telling it like it is. I would appreciate it if people don't accuse me of lying or trying to dissuade people from getting a GAC because I'm doing neither. I'm trying very hard to give people advice that has worked for me with the hopes that this advice can help them.

The most obvious evidence that the GAC provides an advantage is the abuse of it, as has already been mentioned. Plain and simple. People wouldn't get an unnecessary GAC by lying if it didn't benefit them in some way.

Seriously? People who have never been to WDW in their entire lives are among those claiming that it always gets you to the front of the line. It's practically an urban legend.

Since there is a bit of level headed talk about this, I want to ask something thats been kicking around my mind. Does TSM handle the GAC differently when the line gets really long for people who cant wait in lines?

Why do I ask? On our recent trip there was a family blocking the fp entrance. (we were waiting for them to go through to use our fp's) I think it was close to 11. I didnt catch the beginning of the conversation but the CM was saying something like they were going to use a different entrance and they got really mad, yelling, sent one of their party for a manager and were insisting that they've been riding this way all morning and that she was stupid and didn't know what she was talking about. "This pass means we use this line." Basically after a moment another CM came over and just waived them through without even looking at their pass to get them out of there. They went through and loaded like they had a fp, not the alternate loading and I have no idea if they repeated the ride or whatever. I still feel bad for the CM. I dont usually notice or really care if people are using a GAC but mean people scare me.
I am a curious person, please dont think I am asking to find some crazy manipulation of the system, we dont need a GAC and my kids prefer walk on things anyways. I just find it interesting.

Since there is a bit of level headed talk about this, I want to ask something thats been kicking around my mind. Does TSM handle the GAC differently when the line gets really long for people who cant wait in lines?

Why do I ask? On our recent trip there was a family blocking the fp entrance. (we were waiting for them to go through to use our fp's) I think it was close to 11. I didnt catch the beginning of the conversation but the CM was saying something like they were going to use a different entrance and they got really mad, yelling, sent one of their party for a manager and were insisting that they've been riding this way all morning and that she was stupid and didn't know what she was talking about. "This pass means we use this line." Basically after a moment another CM came over and just waived them through without even looking at their pass to get them out of there. They went through and loaded like they had a fp, not the alternate loading and I have no idea if they repeated the ride or whatever. I still feel bad for the CM. I dont usually notice or really care if people are using a GAC but mean people scare me.
I am a curious person, please dont think I am asking to find some crazy manipulation of the system, we dont need a GAC and my kids prefer walk on things anyways. I just find it interesting.

Yes, the handling of a GAC can change at any ride, not just TSM, at any time for a very long list of reasons. They factor in the need of the guest (can't wait in line is never a reason for a stamp - they would have to explain more than that to guest relations), the length of the standard line, the FP line, the accessible entrance/boarding area line, how many people have come through with similar needs recently, how many cars they are running on the track, and even weather and other conditions.

Basically you should never plan on a GAC being handled the same way at every attraction, or the same way, even at the same attraction on the same day.

I can use DCA as an example, since I know that park very well and all lines are accessible (built after the ADA). Let's look at California Screamin'. I have a GAC that helps me wait in places that avoid certain situations (sitting in full on direct sun for long period cause dysautonomia flares, tight back and forth queues can trigger panic attacks - my conditions are variable, but all fall under the same stamp, and I am a full time wheelchair user). One day, if I look at the line for California Screamin' and realize I cannot safely wait in that line, I would approach the CMs with my GAC and ask where to go.

The CM needs to consider the length of the standby line, the length of the FP line, whether they are loading on both tracks (like BTMRR has), whether they are running an odd number of cars (which requires a CM to move my wheelchair for me), and how many parties with wheelchairs are in the regular queue, FP queue, and already waiting on the loading platforms (after going through any and all lines). It also depends on the discretion of the Leads within the GAC policies for that ride.

There can only be one wheelchair-user on the rollercoaster at any one time, so this often creates a wheelchair line, which I would get to wait in after waiting in the regular or FP line (yes, I can wait in basically 3 different lines). If there are not a lot of people waiting on the platform (people with mobility disabilities, people with GACs, people who cannot climb stairs, anyone who does not board with the mainstream queue), they may send me straight through the FP line. For some reason people with wheelchairs and GACs tend to show up in bunches and that causes traffic problems and safety issues. So here is a list of possibilities that I know of that can happen with my GAC and some others (some, like ones requesting the front row of a theatre don't apply):

I could be sent straight through the FP line.

The CM could look at the FP return times being given out. If they are at all close (within a couple hours, although technically they can ask this if ANY are left available), they could tell me to acquire a regular FastPass.

The CM could judge that there is already a backup of people on the platform and hand-write me a FastPass for a time about the length of the stand-by time.

The CM could look at the GAC and say that the mainstream queue meets all of the needs (it is amazing how many people ask for the ability to use the accessible queue due to a broken foot or knee surgery, thinking it lets them cut the line, and then they find out the entire park is accessible in DCA!)

The CM could look at a mobility device and make a judgement about which queue I should use, with or without a GAC.

I may be told to wait in a separate GAC line in the alternate loading area queue is too full and the mainstream queue is accessible.

There are just so many different thing to be taken into consideration. It is entirely likely that the family had been allowed to use the FP queue before, and were expecting the same to happen again. But if there is a back up of the alternate loading area or the FP line in general, the family may have been told that they would be given a FP equal to the wait time for TSM, and then they can return. They likely wanted instant access, and there is no GAC to provide that.

It is becoming more common that people are being issued hand-written FPs about equal to the wait time of a ride, and then they return and go in the FP entrance. This allows people to wait in an area which is safe and appropriate for them, but does not automatically turn certain GACs into FPs. Yes, sometimes I may be sent through a FP line, but that is changing more and more as systems get updated.

So that is a very long-winded answer, but I was hoping to forestall other questions that could come up - yes, the family may have been telling the truth - they may have been using the same entrance for the whole day, and then circumstances changed and they did not like the change. And after a certain point, it is easier just to send the family through than have them continue to make a scene. Or perhaps they were lying, or telling a distorted version of the truth. It happens.

But this family you saw - that is one reason why we try to keep people from name certain stamps or saying exactly what they do on this board. People may go into it with certain expectations, and then they are disappointed or angry when those expectations are not met exactly.

So that is a very long-winded answer, but I was hoping to forestall other questions that could come up - yes, the family may have been telling the truth - they may have been using the same entrance for the whole day, and then circumstances changed and they did not like the change. And after a certain point, it is easier just to send the family through than have them continue to make a scene. Or perhaps they were lying, or telling a distorted version of the truth. It happens.

But this family you saw - that is one reason why we try to keep people from name certain stamps or saying exactly what they do on this board. People may go into it with certain expectations, and then they are disappointed or angry when those expectations are not met exactly.

Thank you for all of that answer. It pretty much clears up the part of my mind that wonders if it was some strange GAC abuse scam. It's more likely a legitimate need coupled with a misunderstanding that the rules adapt to the current situation. How sad, both for them and the CM who got stuck in the middle. Part of me wondered if I found the one family of the day who got a GAC to attempt to fastpass TSM 50 times in a row for junior and I turned up at the moment the CM realized it. (apparently I've been watching too many dramatic sitcoms!) I have no idea what their situation was, just knew they said they can't wait and that's not the type of thing you ask a person. I was a little worried following them through the line that there would be another scene down the way, but luckily everything went smoothly.

I agree with what KPeveler wrote.

From talking to CMs in Guest Relations and higher up, the bolded things in your post are one of the things they are hoping to address in the planned changes to GACs. If those things are addressed somehow by new processes when giving GACs out and when presenting thm at attractions, the CMs won't have to put up with so much abuse.

There is a perception that the GAC is a pass that always allows certain things, obviously believe by many people. It's not and was never meant to be.

It is a communication tool to let CMs know what needs the person has so they can match what the person needs with what is available at that attraction. What is available can vary from attraction to attraction and time to time.
CMs at Guest Relations actually had a 'spiel' to tell guests that when a GAC was given out. At times, they also have circled the printed parts of the card that says it is not for immediate access and to use the Fastpass system if you want to avoid waits - and YES, this was even for stamps that many people think are meant to provide both of those things.
Some still do, but not all CMs do.

At attractions, the main job of CMs is to keep guests safely and efficiently moving thru attractions in a continuous line. In order to keep things moving, the CMs have to deal with 'interferences to the flow' (like the guests in your post who were interfering with other guest's enjoyment, verbally abusing CMs and generally stopping the flow of the attraction). Sometimes that means they give in to a bully (which was what those guests were doing).

Sometimes, the CMs will allow the bullying guests to go, but security will be waiting for them when they get off. We have seen that, where the people bullied and thought they had gotten their way, but fond out otherwise when they got off.

SueM in MN said:
I agree with what KPeveler wrote.

From talking to CMs in Guest Relations and higher up, the bolded things in your post are one of the things they are hoping to address in the planned changes to GACs. If those things are addressed somehow by new processes when giving GACs out and when presenting thm at attractions, the CMs won't have to put up with so much abuse.

There is a perception that the GAC is a pass that always allows certain things, obviously believe by many people. It's not and was never meant to be.

It is a communication tool to let CMs know what needs the person has so they can match what the person needs with what is available at that attraction. What is available can vary from attraction to attraction and time to time.
CMs at Guest Relations actually had a 'spiel' to tell guests that when a GAC was given out. At times, they also have circled the printed parts of the card that says it is not for immediate access and to use the Fastpass system if you want to avoid waits - and YES, this was even for stamps that many people think are meant to provide both of those things.
Some still do, but not all CMs do.

At attractions, the main job of CMs is to keep guests safely and efficiently moving thru attractions in a continuous line. In order to keep things moving, the CMs have to deal with 'interferences to the flow' (like the guests in your post who were interfering with other guest's enjoyment, verbally abusing CMs and generally stopping the flow of the attraction). Sometimes that means they give in to a bully (which was what those guests were doing).

Sometimes, the CMs will allow the bullying guests to go, but security will be waiting for them when they get off. We have seen that, where the people bullied and thought they had gotten their way, but fond out otherwise when they got off.

But don't count on the CMs to contact security. DD has had roommates and friends who work attractions and I asked her to "poll" them about how they would handle the bullies after reading this. NONE of them (not even ONE) would have bothered to contact security after letting them thru. While there may be some CMs who do this, don't count on it to be done consistently. :)

But don't count on the CMs to contact security. DD has had roommates and friends who work attractions and I asked her to "poll" them about how they would handle the bullies after reading this. NONE of them (not even ONE) would have bothered to contact security after letting them thru. While there may be some CMs who do this, don't count on it to be done consistently. :)

I do not expect it to happen consistently and don't count on it. i have seen it happen 3 times, so it is a possibility. I would not expect it for just a little yelling.
I would expect it if the guest gets verbally abusive, threatening, touches or nearly touching a CM or other guest, looks like they may pose a danger to CMs or other guests or refuses to follow directions from the CM and gets belligerent about it.
No CM or other guests should have to be put into possible danger or put up with that.

The 3 situations I saw involved those kinds of activities.

For indoor meet and greets, the CMs have more options than the outdoor meet and greets.
There are some GACs that are specifically stamped 'not for character meet and greets'. For those, the only option would be to wait in the regular line or get Fastpasses, if that meet and greet offers those.
For other GACs, the CMs can often come up with something that works - it could be the Fastpass line, it could be a handwritten time pass to come back at a time equal to the current wait or it could be having part of the group wait in the regular line, while one person waits with the person with a disability outside if the line.
We have experienced all 3 at different times. We have lo been told there were no accommodations available when it was just DD and I waiting in line (I expect that if we had more people, they would have suggested some wait in line while DD and I waited to the side).
The last option - some of the group waiting in the line while others wait outside - is frequently used by parents of children without disabilities. So, no GAC is needed to do that.
If that would work for you, you can choose to do that without using a GAC.

For outdoor meet and greets, there is usually just the character(s), a handler and possibly a Photopass CM. They have little they can offer as far as accommodations, so the usual is having some of the group wait in line while the others wait off to the side.

There are changes coming to GAC, reportedly in October. The most likely changes are things to tie the GAC more to the person it was issued to and also change how it is used at attractions. One likely thing is giving a return time.

If your resort is using Fastpass Plus, people have been reporting they have been able to make or change Fastpass Plus 'reservations' on the fly. So, changing a time if it is just not working out. No one knows just how it will work when it is fully rolled out.

Thanks for all of the information! I think I have a slightly better handle on it, but since we're going mid-October and things might be changing around then, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Unexpected doesn't go over so well in our camp, but I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and "just keep swimming!"

:wizard:

I am happy to see some meet and greet on the FP+ options, and I am booking them! Those lines can be worse than the rides, GAC or no GAC. I booked some for my trip in 10 days.

I am happy to see some meet and greet on the FP+ options, and I am booking them! Those lines can be worse than the rides, GAC or no GAC. I booked some for my trip in 10 days.
I think Fastpass Plus will be helpful for many people - especially those who need a plan of what will happen when.

we weren't selected for FP+ despite ready many others staying @ our resort indicating they have. Can't say I'm a fan of the system but wish I had the ability to participate. Admit the thought keeps crossing my mind that since we don't have the ability to pre-book any FPs (& the GAC process will likely be tweaked by the time of our visit in 18 days) it may turn out to be quite the interesting trip scrambling to get regular FPs.

I keep reminding myself I have no control over this situation...will just put on my MM ears & go with the flow:)

we weren't selected for FP+ despite ready many others staying @ our resort indicating they have. Can't say I'm a fan of the system but wish I had the ability to participate. Admit the thought keeps crossing my mind that since we don't have the ability to pre-book any FPs (& the GAC process will likely be tweaked by the time of our visit in 18 days) it may turn out to be quite the interesting trip scrambling to get regular FPs.

I keep reminding myself I have no control over this situation...will just put on my MM ears & go with the flow:)

Have you logged into My Disney Experience or the website with linked tickets and tried to do FP+?
I don't know how much you have followed it, but most people seem to book fp+ before notified. I did.
It's worth trying, those meet and greet/parade fastpasses saved me from a huge meltdown when we "needed" to meet Ariel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter