Free Realms

It seems that Free Realms is not very graphics intensive, but is network intensive. Is it maybe that you use wireless for your laptop and wired for your desktops? There is not much lag on Cindy's laptop, but she is running wireless N and most of the time it has a 216 or 270 MBps connect speed.

OK, I'm seeing this post waaaayyy after you made it!

That could be the problem. Thanks!

MY DH is really getting into this game. I've been in a little bit and just starting to realize how much there is to do. It's really layered!

I hope there are more DISers on there and that we meet up or something. So far, I have no friends. Even DH and I can't friend because we only have the one computer that works the game.

Anyone else sticking with it?

I hope there are more DISers on there and that we meet up or something. So far, I have no friends....
Half the time, the friend's list hasn't been working. But it's been a couple weeks since I've been on. Has it been fixed yet?

Anyone else sticking with it?
As I noted, I haven't been on for a couple weeks. With no storyline to keep me motivated, I don't find the game engaging enough to play on a regular basis.

It seems to be little more than a bunch of mini-games strung together, with some MMORPG concepts (levels, quests, etc.) tacked on. Even when I find a quest series, job, or location I enjoy, I eventually run into a "Members Only" stopping point and get turned off.

I am enjoying it quite a bit. I have to characters one who partners with my husband when he is home, and the other is all mine, lol.

I can't run the game on my PC at this moment. We added more memory and that didn't help. We are going to get a new graphics card and hope for the best so we can play together.

I like the mini games so much more than any of the games I have tried since VMK. I MAY even like them better, but that maybe because I have blocked out how much fun I had playing friendly pirates...

It was announced at E3 last week that the following would be happening in Free Realms (in this approximate order):
- They will be getting the Friends function fixed.
- They will be introducing Housing for players.
- They will be introducing Guilds (including Guild Halls).

Though I may be a little late...(lol)....I have just joined this game and I am trying it right at this moment. I'm still waiting to actually start playing though.

ETA: I'm having trouble with the account info. Does anyone know why they need an age/zip/names/etc.? And how do you create a Station Name?

I just started the game last week. So far I'm enjoying it. I like the style of the graphics. Still trying to figure out some if the stat modifiers, but otherwise doing ok with it.
I feel obligated to make friends in-game, but have yet to come across many sociable people. If anyone wants to add me.... character name is Anthony Hexgrin :)

Also, does anyone with the upgraded account feel it's worth it?

I just started the game last week. So far I'm enjoying it. I like the style of the graphics. Still trying to figure out some if the stat modifiers, but otherwise doing ok with it.
I feel obligated to make friends in-game, but have yet to come across many sociable people. If anyone wants to add me.... character name is Anthony Hexgrin :)

Also, does anyone with the upgraded account feel it's worth it?

I'm playing a lot and have been a paying member for a month. (I have a VMK guild called VMK Realmers if any VMKers are interested)

I guess it depends on how much you like the game. I like the additional jobs and a few member only items/clothes and the special health potions during battle comes in handy. It's a cheap price, so I guess it's worth it. They plan to continue building up more member only quests.

SO is there any easy way to make some coins? I find it a little frustrating that the resale value on items is ridiculously low; even even on items you've made. For instance; whenever you cook something, you need quite a few different ingredients that cost 12 coins each but resale is 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter