Free Realms

LittleWoodenHead

<font color=purple>It's interesting that we both u
Beta sign-up has begun!

What is Free Realms, you ask? From their website:
Free Realms is a free 3D virtual world with stunning unique graphics and fun, quirky activities. Free Realms is an attitude. It's innovative, dynamic and deep. Welcome to Free Realms, where there's so much to see and explore!

It will apparently be a "child safe", free-to-play game, with added content for a monthly membership fee ($4.99), as well as an in-game cash shop.

Check out the promotional videos at http://www.freerealms.com/whatIsFreeRealms.vm

Also, this preview report on IGN gives a little more info on the game, as well as screencaps and more videos.

The game looks absolutely AMAZING! Can it deliver? Could this be "the one"??? I can hardly wait to find out....

Wow! Looks great! I've signed up for the Beta test, we'll see what happens from there. Thanks!
Oh, by the way, for anyone else interested this game is part of Sony.

Very cool, thanks for the link. I signed up my daughter and yes they are restrictions for the younger kids.

Here is an excerpt:

Underage Restrictions

Please note that underage accounts will be subject to certain restrictive controls for enhanced protection of children in our online environment. Sony Online Entertainment hopes to make Free RealmsTM a safe place for people of all ages!

The restrictions are as follows:

Quick Chat
Quick chat is a version of real-time text conversation between users that gives the user choices of pre-determined phrases and words. Players under age 13 are only able to select and view text from a list created by Sony Online Entertainment and are NOT able to insert any personally-created text.

Limited Forums Participation
Free Realms supports a Community Forum for users to socialize and chat about the game. Sony Online Entertainment takes its oversight of this fan forum seriously; as a result, our Community Team will be moderating the content posted to the forums by players. Players under age 13 will not be able to access this site other than content created by Sony Online Entertainment, however parents are able to change their child(ren)'s permissions to permit their child(ren) to view the forums, via a parental password, if they wish to do so.

Limited Profile Functionality
Each Free Realms account is provided a player profile page displaying his/her character images, game achievements, news items, collections, gallery, character stats and more. Players under age 13 are permitted to communicate through the quick chat system to post comments on friends' profiles using pre-determined words and phrases, but are not able to input user-generated chat.

I signed up, too.
I love the graphics.
Maybe someday I will decide who is going to get my love.
EI, Wizard and POTC....
Not enough hours or lurve to throw around.
:)

I signed up for beta as well

How many hours are there in a day?

Sorry boss, this 8 hours a day thing you expect of me is cutting into my game time o_O

Unless, of course, one can get a little game time in AT the office!! :rolleyes1

Back On Topic: Looks awesome--I love that it's so flexible! I signed up!

Just signed Cindy and myself up to be beta testers. Looks much more promising than Elf Island to me.

Thanks for the info my friend! :thumbsup2

I signed up......so many games.....so little time.....none are quite the same....

sigh :hippie:

I signed up too. While I've found several games that are entertaining, I haven't found THE game yet. Still looking.

Each time a new game comes up for beta testing, I miss VMK even more. :sad1:
But, one more try, I signed up.

It's funny to see a post about Free Realms on the DIS! :)

I'm creative director for the game, and we're having a lot of fun making it. I'm a huge Disney park geek and there was a definite influence on the design of the game.

If you signed up with a child between the ages of 10-16, PM me with the station name for you and your child, and I'll see if I can get you into the beta a bit earlier. We're especially looking for kids who'll be beta testers for us, particularly if they have a parent who will play with them.

Thanks!

It's funny to see a post about Free Realms on the DIS! :)

I'm creative director for the game, and we're having a lot of fun making it. I'm a huge Disney park geek and there was a definite influence on the design of the game.

If you signed up with a child between the ages of 10-16, PM me with the station name for you and your child, and I'll see if I can get you into the beta a bit earlier. We're especially looking for kids who'll be beta testers for us, particularly if they have a parent who will play with them.

Thanks!

Thats awesome Laralyn!

I can tell you this is a good bunch of beta testers that have found the game. Good luck to you guys! (with this crew you will need it :rotfl:)

There are plenty of parent/children teams on here, I hope they take you up on that offer.

MMO games are a fickle mistress, eh? :rotfl2:

I signed up for beta testing just now. Thanks for the link!
I like the versatility of the game based on the preview. I hope it lives up to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter