Free Realms

Check the Free Realms forums. Some people there have created guides that have helped me out quite a bit. I still don't get some stuff but I've learned enough to actually start enjoying the game.

Not all the quest are timed, in fact most are not timed. The only timed quest are the ones involving a mini game where you have to find a certain number of items or characters in a certain period of time. I have completed I think two lol. The rest I just wasn't fast enough, sigh. I can offer a bit of advice to new players. It is a good idea to wander around to all the areas and towns at first. This gives you an idea where things are and also gives you the ability to teleport to other places rather than having to walk there every time a quest involved going from one village to another :)

Good news everyone! An official announcement over at the FR forums states that the NDA has been lifted and we are now allowed to talk about and post screenshots outside of their site!

The quests are timed??? Gosh, I'm doomed then. I'm still working through the tutorial, but like LittleBelle, I have the darndest time trying to figure out new games. Takes me FOREVER to find the person I'm supposed to talk with or figure out what I'm supposed to do next...

I think Belle and I ought to play the game together. We'd spend hours on there wandering around in circles trying to figure out where to go next, LOL!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yup that is me. I am getting so lost trying to figure it out. I did find that once I got a good sight view to use the keys was much easier to move. I can not figure out the map it just confuses me. Also they said my title littlebelle was approved but sadly there seems to be a glich and many players have not seen there new name applied. So no littlebelle yet.

Someone even tried to delete their character and still had a to pick a name from already chosen words not the one that that got aprroved.

here's a little something some of you may or not know;
you need adobe flash to play free realms, if you have or are planing on getting a computer with windows 64 bit system you Can't play, because adobe flash does not work with it, :sad2: this i know cause my new puter has the 64bit.
just a heads up

you need adobe flash to play free realms, if you have or are planing on getting a computer with windows 64 bit system you Can't play, because adobe flash does not work with it, :sad2: this i know cause my new puter has the 64bit.
just a heads up

Hmm - I can play with my newest computer that works off of Vista 64-bit with not too many issues other than the normal lag.

...you need adobe flash to play free realms, if you have or are planing on getting a computer with windows 64 bit system you Can't play, because adobe flash does not work with it...
Both Vista and Windows 7 64 bit come with both 32 and 64 bit Internet Explorer. The 32 bit IE is the default and runs Adobe Flash fine under 64 bit Windows.

just a heads up

I just got a new computer with windows ( Vista ) 64 bit system and have no problem running the game??? What problems are you having? I have no lag, no problems loading, really no problems at all :thumbsup2

when i tried to log in it said i needed adobe flash, when i try to download flash it says its not supported on 64bit systems yet, and when i click on existing beta members it says i'm already signed up but the game doesn't come up.
i did find another IE in the list of programs [guess its the 32bit] but still can't get in, i'm waiting to hear back from free realms to see what they say.

my new computer has windows vista 64bit, 8 gigs of memory,and a 1 gig video card, i figured i could play with no problems at all. If only Adobe would catch up.

Adobe does actually refuse still to create a 64 bit app, but there are ways to get it on there and most likely the vendor for sneekytiki's new computer probably did it.

I came upon this article you could try budcollector, it is a pretty old article so you may want to search and see if there are better ways, but take a read of this anyway

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2153/vista_adobe_flash_player/

My new computer came with 2 versions of Internet Explorer. One is the regular and the other is the 64 bit. It is not your operating system 64 bit that is the problem, but perhaps the 64 bit version or Internet Explorer. On my menu it shows both like this.

Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer (64-bit)

check yours and if you only have the 64 bit, try downloading the regular to a new folder :)

I just checked and sure enough that's the problem. Here is what Dell support says:

Internet Explorer 64-bit Version Will Not Play Adobe Flash Content

Adobe Flash 9 and 10 Content and 64-bit Browsers

Newer versions of Adobe Flash (versions 9 and 10, as of this writing) do not support playback on 64-bit versions of internet browsers such as Internet Explorer 64-bit. An upcoming release of Flash will provide support for 64-bit browsers. More information on this issue can be found in the Adobe Knowledge Base Article, "Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems" Article ID: 6b3af6c9.
As a workaround, users of 64-bit operating systems such as Windows XP 64-bit Edition and Windows Vista installed with 64-bit can view Flash content in the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer.
To use Internet Explorer 32-bit instead of 64-bit, perform the following steps:
1. Click the Start button, either or , at the lower left corner of your screen.
2. There are two different Internet Explorer icons listed, as shown in Figure 1. Click the Internet Explorer icon that does not have (64-bit) at the end.

Hi all.

I got into the game and I am wandering around today. (Currently trying to find Samantha @ Crossroads :confused3)

I am Anya Mooncove for now (Hopefully PirateAnya when they approve).

Is anyone in today?

I was over a friends house and tried to sign in (I havent had access to my e-mail associated with my station account for about 2 months LOL), and it worked!!

I was suprised it ran on the old laptop my friend uses, but it's a pretty fun game!

thanks, aengus, gave it a try but it didn't work, for some reason it kept telling me i needed to be connected to the internet, [i have cable i'm always on].

thanks, rickyratsmom, i looked around and found the other version, and flash loaded on it [32bit]
now all i need to do is get the link to get back into the game.

Even though I am still having issues getting this game to load on my high end gaming computer (working with Free Realms support on this seemingly common issue), Cindy has been playing it on her new laptop. I was surprised to find out I could get it to load and it seemed to play alright on her old laptop. Now just to find the space on my desk for 3 computers or see if the game will load on my old desktop.

It's weird but the game runs on my old desktop, just fine! That computer has a hard time with Pirates, and can be slow with Wizards, but it runs Free Realms! My laptop, which runs those other games great, has MAJOR lag with FR.:confused3

My old VMK name, Feydolphy, has been approved! Yay! Now, I just need to figure out the point of the game. I get that there are different jobs you can do and by finishing tasks, you level up in those jobs. But, is there a main plot line, or do you just go from task to task, mini-game to mini-game?

It's weird but the game runs on my old desktop, just fine! That computer has a hard time with Pirates, and can be slow with Wizards, but it runs Free Realms! My laptop, which runs those other games great, has MAJOR lag with FR...
It seems that Free Realms is not very graphics intensive, but is network intensive. Is it maybe that you use wireless for your laptop and wired for your desktops? There is not much lag on Cindy's laptop, but she is running wireless N and most of the time it has a 216 or 270 MBps connect speed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter