Fort Wilderness Campground Christmas 2010

Right now we are booked for 19-23 Dec, hoping desperately to add a number of days onto the end since this will be my last Fort/Disney trip prior to my year+ long deployment.
Hey Robert, look forward to meeting you guys at the Fort. I hope you get your extra days.

And Robert, thank you, for serving and protecting our freedom !

Dave

We put up lights around the deck railing last time. There are two outlets between the two doors so you would need an extension cord if you want to put lights up around the railing. We tried to get a cabin on our pin code for our Christmas trip this year but couldn't get one. I was planning to put up lights around the railing and a big lit wreath on the wall between the doors (we have good outdoor suction cups). If you wanted to bring gutter clips, you could hang up icicle lights along the gutter too. It's not too high - you could stand on the picnic table.

My other thought was solar path markers - you can get Disney characters, snowmen, or just some color changing regular markers. There's room for some inflatables on the deck too if you want to "keep up with the RVers".

There are two windows that face out to the road, plus 5 or 6 more around the cabin that you can put decorations in - two in the bedroom, one in the bathroom, two in the living room and one in hallway between the doors.

Hope this helps. Try to rent a golf cart at least one night so you can go looping around the campground. We're planning an evening at the Fort for dinner, Chip and Dale and looping, ending on the beach for fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant. We're renting a cart for the evening.

OMG ! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH ! :yay: You have no idea how much you just helped me ! lol DH & I have been searching the web for pics of the cabins to see if what DH though was an outlet between the two doors was really an outlet :surfweb: lol oh boy now i gotta tell him he's right lol :worship: Now I cant wait for the christmas decorations to come out to GO SHOPPING :scared1: who am i kidding im searching on line as we speak lol

uhoh am i better off shipping stuff down in a box or tryin to fit it in luggage :sad2: OH BOY lol

We will be there from 12/28 - 01/15! Can't wait! We had to cancel our trip earlier this year:sad2:. This will be our New Year's at the Fort...we have done all the other holidays! Absolutely can't wait! Sometimes even I think it is a little crazy how much we love that place! Oh...did I mention that I can't wait?:goodvibes

Myself, my wife, and our 3 young'ns, will be there from 12/5-12/12 with the 5'er.

Hey Robert, look forward to meeting you guys at the Fort. I hope you get your extra days.

And Robert, thank you, for serving and protecting our freedom !

Dave

Thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I was calling daily for a while but realized its probably too early for most people to cancel so I'm hoping that as we get closer something will come available.

I'm coming in 12/11 through 12/17 with DW, DD (2.5) bringing my parents as gift for my mom's retirement! :santa: It's our first time at the Fort. We're flying from NYC so don't have tons of space for decorations but I can't be left out of all the fun! I've already purchased some cheap LED, battery powered Christmas lights for the golf cart (cart from Kenny's Tee Time, nice guy and easy to reserve). Great to hear about the outlet outside between the doors, thanks for that info. I'll bring some lights and extension cords for outside the cabin as well.

I'll have to limit myself to lightweight stuff like blowup reindeers and lights. Maybe some lightweight garland and paper cut-outs for the windows. I'll assume they frown upon my getting up on the roof to put up lights/decorations. When the time comes I'll check my local dollar store for cheap decorations that I can discard at the end of the trip (leaving more room for souvenirs in the luggage). Any other recommendations out there for cabin dwellers who fly-in? I guess I could ship a box of items to myself.

Also, any tips for golf cart decorations? I have some ideas in mind (other than the LEDs) but it would be great to know what materials the golf cart is made of so I know how best to fasten my decorations. I assume the roof is plastic but is the hood/body metal? plastic?

Looking forward to doing some looping and seeing all the decorations I've been hearing about. I'm new to the boards so if there's a thread out there already on decorating tips, would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction!

Thanks,
JD

:wizard:

Hey dlove28, if you go to youtube and type in "fort wilderness golf cart parades" several videos come up. That should give you some ideas as to what can be done to golf carts. I can't seem to find any pictures of cabins that have been decorated.
I hope this helps.
Dave

Sort of off topic, but can anyone direct me to a thread of Fort Christmas light pictures? I can't find any. We are debating heading over to the Fort (we were going to stay in the cabins but none were available with our CM friend's discount so we're doing Shades of Green instead) for dinner at Trail's End and to see the lights, but we want they'll (likely/possibly) look like. Thanks in advance.

Sort of off topic, but can anyone direct me to a thread of Fort Christmas light pictures? I can't find any. We are debating heading over to the Fort (we were going to stay in the cabins but none were available with our CM friend's discount so we're doing Shades of Green instead) for dinner at Trail's End and to see the lights, but we want they'll (likely/possibly) look like. Thanks in advance.

Hey WDWFigment, go to the "Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009" thread, go to post #238. DisCamper has some very nice shots of the campground.
Dave

We will be there for two nights..Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! Surprise for the kids, they want for Christmas is to go camping. So far I have told them nothing is coming up.

We will be there for two nights..Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! Surprise for the kids, they want for Christmas is to go camping. So far I have told them nothing is coming up.

They are going to freakout. What a great Christmas surprise!!
Dave

Have been lurking all summer and just getting around to posting. We will be back at the fort Dec. 11-22. I have also enjoyed reading the TR from those who have been to DW this summer. Love WDW and college football!!

We will be there Dec. 4th thru the 13th. First Trip to the fort in years for us. Last time i stayed there it was in the late 80's when they had the trailers there before the cabins. Taking the MH with all three of us and the 2 puppies. We will be looping on the Kenny Kart! December can't come quick enough!!!

We'll be at WL from the Nov. 29th- Dec. 4th and plan on renting a cart one day to come visit as many FrIENDS as possible.

We'll be there just for the weekend Dec 10-12, we're local so not a big deal that we can't stay so long. But we'll soak up the Christmas spirit while we are there!

After being there last year I can’t ever not be there for Christmas ever again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter