Fort Wilderness Campground Christmas 2010

dalovett

The Castle Guy
Hey, anybody out there going to the Fort for Christmas. We will be there Dec 5th to the 26th. Only 4 months to go!!! Can't wait !

Dave

Be sure to stop by and see my castle show. Look forward to meeting you SCCamper.
Dave

We will be there for our annual trip Dec 2 - Dec 16. SOOO excited! :yay:

Hey Castle Guy - cannnot wait to see the show this year. My DDs love it! We will surely be loopin around your neck of the woods. :santa:

Oh, and we are from Upstate SC!! yeah!

It's one of our highlights of the trip...driving around FW looking at Christmas lights.

We will be there, Dec. 15-21.... We love it at this time of the year! Pulling the new 5er, I am ready to head down now.....

Richard

We will be there for our annual trip Dec 2 - Dec 16. SOOO excited! :yay:

Hey Castle Guy - cannnot wait to see the show this year. My DDs love it! We will surely be loopin around your neck of the woods. :santa:

Oh, and we are from Upstate SC!! yeah!
Be sure to stop by and say hello. Will keep and eye out for you guys.
Dave

Aw rats. We're going to miss you by a couple of days, as we're checking out 12/3. I hope some kind camper will video it again this year! :santa:

We'll be there dec. 1st-9th :cool1: staying in a cabin though do i still count :confused3 lol

1st time at Fort Wilderness anyone got any tips or hints for a new comer ?popcorn::

O
We'll be there dec. 1st-9th :cool1: staying in a cabin though do i still count :confused3 lol

1st time at Fort Wilderness anyone got any tips or hints for a new comer ?popcorn::

Of course you count! There are lots of things to do. Have your kids (and you to) decorate your cabin for the holidays. That's a lot of fun. Go see Chip & Dale and take in a Disney movie. There are lots of places to explore. You guys are going to have a blast.
Be sure to go out and see the campsite decorations, they are the best.
Dave

O

Of course you count! There are lots of things to do. Have your kids (and you to) decorate your cabin for the holidays. That's a lot of fun. Go see Chip & Dale and take in a Disney movie. There are lots of places to explore. You guys are going to have a blast.
Dave

O

Dave

YAY lol ... see that another thing i have been wondering about. I have posted before asking people about advice on decorating our cabin but have gotten no reply :confused3 my kids and I love decorating our hotel windows but now have no clue what to do with the cabin :rolleyes1 would we be able to put lights up outside???? would i have to bring extension cords :confused3 .... im lost lol

YAY lol ... see that another thing i have been wondering about. I have posted before asking people about advice on decorating our cabin but have gotten no reply :confused3 my kids and I love decorating our hotel windows but now have no clue what to do with the cabin :rolleyes1 would we be able to put lights up outside???? would i have to bring extension cords :confused3 .... im lost lol

I remember last hear there were SEVERAL cabins decorated. I would bring a bunch of extension cord and plenty of lights. Go all out, why not?? It's CHRISTMAS !!!
Dave

We put up lights around the deck railing last time. There are two outlets between the two doors so you would need an extension cord if you want to put lights up around the railing. We tried to get a cabin on our pin code for our Christmas trip this year but couldn't get one. I was planning to put up lights around the railing and a big lit wreath on the wall between the doors (we have good outdoor suction cups). If you wanted to bring gutter clips, you could hang up icicle lights along the gutter too. It's not too high - you could stand on the picnic table.

My other thought was solar path markers - you can get Disney characters, snowmen, or just some color changing regular markers. There's room for some inflatables on the deck too if you want to "keep up with the RVers".

There are two windows that face out to the road, plus 5 or 6 more around the cabin that you can put decorations in - two in the bedroom, one in the bathroom, two in the living room and one in hallway between the doors.

Hope this helps. Try to rent a golf cart at least one night so you can go looping around the campground. We're planning an evening at the Fort for dinner, Chip and Dale and looping, ending on the beach for fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant. We're renting a cart for the evening.

We put up lights around the deck railing last time. There are two outlets between the two doors so you would need an extension cord if you want to put lights up around the railing. We tried to get a cabin on our pin code for our Christmas trip this year but couldn't get one. I was planning to put up lights around the railing and a big lit wreath on the wall between the doors (we have good outdoor suction cups). If you wanted to bring gutter clips, you could hang up icicle lights along the gutter too. It's not too high - you could stand on the picnic table.

My other thought was solar path markers - you can get Disney characters, snowmen, or just some color changing regular markers. There's room for some inflatables on the deck too if you want to "keep up with the RVers".

There are two windows that face out to the road, plus 5 or 6 more around the cabin that you can put decorations in - two in the bedroom, one in the bathroom, two in the living room and one in hallway between the doors.

Hope this helps. Try to rent a golf cart at least one night so you can go looping around the campground. We're planning an evening at the Fort for dinner, Chip and Dale and looping, ending on the beach for fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant. We're renting a cart for the evening.

WOW !! Thanks sharadoc for filling all the stuff I left out. Nice post!
Hey Curious & Curioser, I hope this answers your questions.
Dave

Right now we are booked for 19-23 Dec, hoping desperately to add a number of days onto the end since this will be my last Fort/Disney trip prior to my year+ long deployment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter