• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER...I'm NOT GOING HOME!! UPDATE DEC.30 PG 74

We're planning on taking advantage of the first half of it. We're going to be there at 6am and stay up until 6pm when we have to leave for our dinner ADR. Then we'll just be going back to Pop instead of carting the kiddos through the craziness! If we were childless and/or not planning an early morning the next day with our friends who are coming up from Miami, I'd most definitely be there all night! I work nights, so being awake in the middle of the night at Magic Kingdom is right up my alley! But unfortunately, I'll have to be a parent the next day! :worried:

I plan on trying to get there as soon as I can so hopefully I will see you!

Subscribing Caitlin. Congrats on the College Program. I've told my daughter about it, but I don't think she wants to take a semester off.

Subscribing Caitlin. Congrats on the College Program. I've told my daughter about it, but I don't think she wants to take a semester off.

Thank you for following along!

It's a tough decision to make! She can always do it once she graduates though!

I'm so happy that all of this happened for you! It really is wonderful and amazing to have something like this present itself when you've been having a struggling time! Yay!!

I'm excited to hear all about your process too! I kept up on Jess's journey when she did her cp trip report, but it's always good to hear from someone else too!!

There's also a pretty high chance I'm going to say "screw it" and just apply for the cultural rep program over at Epcot lol!! Maybe we'll get to hang out a lot more lol!!

Also super excited to get to finally meet you and hang out during the upcoming trips!! :cool1:

Very cool start - crazy how a "spur of the moment decision" can change your life.

Sorry to hear about your struggles this past year - things definitely seem to be looking up!

(oh, and I did eventually find an Elsa doll :goodvibes )

Are you planning on going to the all night party?

I'm not sure how we'll handle it! We'll be in MK that day in the morning, have a Kona Cafe breakfast ADR, back to MK until our evening ADR at Kouzzina. I suspect we'll go back in afterward--we're staying at BLT, so we're right there anyway! But like anniebabymu, I still have to parent the next day and we have an 8ish ADR at Tusker House Saturday morning! :) My mom is stoked to go in late night, though!

Congratulations!! This is so exciting. :cool1: I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Thank you!

I'm so happy that all of this happened for you! It really is wonderful and amazing to have something like this present itself when you've been having a struggling time! Yay!!

I'm excited to hear all about your process too! I kept up on Jess's journey when she did her cp trip report, but it's always good to hear from someone else too!!

There's also a pretty high chance I'm going to say "screw it" and just apply for the cultural rep program over at Epcot lol!! Maybe we'll get to hang out a lot more lol!!

Also super excited to get to finally meet you and hang out during the upcoming trips!! :cool1:

Thank you! It came at the right time! I will miss home and my family a ton but I am excited to be in my happy place!

I am currently reading hers! I think it will be interesting to see how my role compares with hers and to see how our experiences compare! I hope I love it as much as she did!

That would be amazing! You will have to let me know if you do!

Ahhh it will be awesome!!!!

Very cool start - crazy how a "spur of the moment decision" can change your life.

Sorry to hear about your struggles this past year - things definitely seem to be looking up!

(oh, and I did eventually find an Elsa doll :goodvibes )

Thank you!

Things have been looking up! The next couple months will be rough but I have a something to look forward to :goodvibes

Yay!

I'm not sure how we'll handle it! We'll be in MK that day in the morning, have a Kona Cafe breakfast ADR, back to MK until our evening ADR at Kouzzina. I suspect we'll go back in afterward--we're staying at BLT, so we're right there anyway! But like anniebabymu, I still have to parent the next day and we have an 8ish ADR at Tusker House Saturday morning! :) My mom is stoked to go in late night, though!

I will know closer to the date what my plans will be for that day so I will be sure to post them!

I completely understand not being there all night! I am not entirely sure if I will make it all night! :rotfl: I just want to make sure I make it there for part of the day pixiedust:

Oh, Princess Caitlin, the Good Fairy has blessed you!! What an exciting adventure you are on. I will keep checking for updates. Thank you for taking us along.

Can't wait to read about your adventures!! Sounds like the perfect "new beginning" after some difficulties. So YAY!!!!

I am still kind of in shock but I was accepted for the Disney College Program Fall Advantage! I will be working attractions and I just feel like this can't be real life!!

I follow you on Instagram, and was so pleased to see you were accepted. I know you had sort of a cruddy year, and hope this will be a good experience to help make it better. I've always been a fan of your trip reports, and bet that this extended one will be great, too.

I follow you on Instagram, and was so pleased to see you were accepted. I know you had sort of a cruddy year, and hope this will be a good experience to help make it better. I've always been a fan of your trip reports, and bet that this extended one will be great, too.

Thank you!

I hope so!

I am glad you have enjoyed our reports!

Joining along...

Congratulations!! It will be an exciting time for you!! And I am looking forward to reading along..

Hey, you might be planning on using a guest ticket to get into the parks for the all nighter, if so then ignore me. But special events like the All-Nighter are blocked out for cast members. Even if it's not specially ticketed, disney will choose to have certain days be guests only (like Dapper Day this year was switched to guests only on short notice). Also, it'll take a few days to get your main gate pass after you get there. At the beginning of my program we still used our blue disney ids to access the parks, but now that it's switched over to an RFID card, I'm not sure when you'll receive that. We originally only used our main gates to get additional guests in, and didn't get those until a few weeks into the program. Our new main gates (what you'll use) were also mailed to us when they got that technology ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter