• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER...I'm NOT GOING HOME!! UPDATE DEC.30 PG 74

Congrats! I'll have to go check out your TRs! We'll be in the parks beginning on May 19! I hope it's a great day for you!

Congrats! I'll have to go check out your TRs! We'll be in the parks beginning on May 19! I hope it's a great day for you!

Thank you!

Awesome! I will let you know where we will be on May 19 once I get to the plans portion and hopefully we can meet!

How long are you staying?

Congrats!!!:thumbsup2 I have read both you and your moms TR's and have never commented, but have loved them all! Hope your hubby doesn't mind that you'll be away at your favorite place!!!:thumbsup2

I'm in! I'm in!!! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear all about it and hope to run into you when we head down next!!

And how fitting your TR title is based on Frozen as we are currently watching it again right now! :goodvibes

I'm in! I love reading your trip reports and can't wait to hear about your experience with the DCP. I always wanted to do the DCP when I was in college but due to the major I selected, it just wasn't an option!

Hi Caitlin! Thanks for taking us all along on your DCP journey! Can't wait to live through you! We will be down at Disney May 22-June 1 with my in-laws and our good friends will be there over Memorial Day weekend! :) I can't wait!

Now I've got to catch up on your other TR's!

Congrats on the college program! I'm going to follow along intensively because I want to do the CP when I go to college in a couple of years.

Congratulations, Caitlin! That is awesome :) I will be reading along!

Thank you!

I'm in! I'm in!!! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear all about it and hope to run into you when we head down next!!

And how fitting your TR title is based on Frozen as we are currently watching it again right now! :goodvibes

Yay!

I hope to run in to you too!

I love that movie!

I'm in! I love reading your trip reports and can't wait to hear about your experience with the DCP. I always wanted to do the DCP when I was in college but due to the major I selected, it just wasn't an option!

Thank you! I am glad you have enjoyed our reports!

Yeah I never found the time during my undergrad!

Following along! :):)

Welcome!

Good lands girl! Already on page 3! :thumbsup2 I am officially subbing!!

I am so happy so many people want to follow along!

Hi Caitlin! Thanks for taking us all along on your DCP journey! Can't wait to live through you! We will be down at Disney May 22-June 1 with my in-laws and our good friends will be there over Memorial Day weekend! :) I can't wait!

Now I've got to catch up on your other TR's!

Thank you for joining me on my journey!

Are you going to the all night party?

Sounds like quite the adventure! I'm in!popcorn::

Thank you for joining me!

Congrats on the college program! I'm going to follow along intensively because I want to do the CP when I go to college in a couple of years.

Thank you!

I hope I can be of help with the process!

I thought I would get this up and going before the weekend!

So the big question is how this all came to be?

As most of you know I have a love of Disney! Before I started my Undergraduate program I always planned on doing the Disney College Program. Unfortunately with the amount of General Education classes I couldn't find the right time to take off.

Well flash forward to now. I am now working on my Masters program which I know will take me a while. This has also been the hardest year of my life between my divorce and other issues that have popped up. I had thought about doing the Disney Professional Internship Program but housing isn't gauranteed with that program and I knew that would be a huge problem.

One day I got an email from the DCP program, basically an announcement for people to apply. I started thinking about it.. Wouldn't it be nice to be at my happy place every day?! The thought of being at Disney and the fact I have always wanted to work for them sealed the deal.

Before I knew it I was applying. It was actually so spur of the moment I didn't mention it to my mom before doing it and I tell her everything! As for the application itself they ask you your past work history and about your schooling as far as college goes. If you don't have a prior work history they want to hear about your volunteering experience.

After I applied I heard back from the program asking me to fill out their web interview questions within a couple hours.

The web interview is basically a personality quiz that you can find on most online applications. Asks you about working with people, if you have ever lived with other people before and things of that nature. There were a good amount of questions though and took some time to complete.

As soon as I finished the web interview I was told I was a strong candidate and recieved this email

Next up all about my phone interview!

Thank you for joining me on my journey!

Are you going to the all night party?

We're planning on taking advantage of the first half of it. We're going to be there at 6am and stay up until 6pm when we have to leave for our dinner ADR. Then we'll just be going back to Pop instead of carting the kiddos through the craziness! If we were childless and/or not planning an early morning the next day with our friends who are coming up from Miami, I'd most definitely be there all night! I work nights, so being awake in the middle of the night at Magic Kingdom is right up my alley! But unfortunately, I'll have to be a parent the next day! :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter