Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

My goodness! I hope Calvin is ok! That looked like quite the impact.

Stupid Giants. Darn right, I'm still bitter about 2010. :headache::rotfl2:

1) Two words: MADISON BUMGARNER :worship: :yay: Holy moly that game nearly gave me a heart attack, especially in the 9th inning with that triple:scared: I was running circles around the living room and kitchen between pitches, I was so nervous! The Royals did an amazing job and made it an awesome series.
Ok... I'll be blunt. I don't like the Giants. Ever since that 2-0 lead turned into a 2-3 loss in the NLDS a couple of years ago. :headache:

But Bumgarner is incredible. The past few years, he's been the guy I go for in the fantasy baseball drafts since he flies under the radar compared to other ace pitchers. Clearly, that will no longer be the case. I definitely felt like I witnessed history last night. What he did in this World Series will likely be one of those historic October performances that baseball fans talk about long after his career is over.

2) We watched our FINAL episode of the Simpsons last night:sad1: I'm pretty sure DH's eyes watered a bit:lmao: It's pretty cool to say that we have now watched every episode ever.
:thumbsup2 I'm sorry it is over, but what an accomplishment!

3) Leaving here in a bit for the Dentist. DS is doing good, his lip is healing nicely so now just worried about his upper teeth. He still won't let me lift his lip up to check them out but i'm sure the dentist and her assistants will do a much better job at trying to check them out than me.
Good luck! I hope you get some good news!

Yeah, me too. Stupid Phillies. :headache:

As Comic Book Guy would say

And I didn’t even know it yet. Last days of vacation in general are never good, but today was seriously not my day.

I woke up around 6 to a sore throat. NOOOO! I mean, I should be happy that I didn’t get it in the middle of the trip like DM did (who still had a bit of a cough that day, but nothing like it was earlier on), but it couldn’t wait 24 hours until I got home? INCONVENIENT!:furious:

I started packing our things up while DH gave DS some breakfast

It was a beautiful day outside and we were leaving. Wonderful :rolleyes:

We took our time getting ready and relaxing since our flight wasn’t until later that evening. But around 11:15 (yep, we overstayed our welcome by 15 minutes :snooty:) we left our wonderful room at the BLT for the last time and decided to check out the lunch situation before getting on to the DME at 2:00pm.

We headed over to the Contempo Café with all our bags

DH went with the Stacked Italian Sandwich

While DM and I split the Turkey BLT

I remember very well how good DS ate this day. We kept refilling his placemat with cheese, meats and tomatoes quite often!

No matter how sick I am, I’ll always have something sweet. I truly believe sugar is the number one medicine for sickness…so a Sugar cookie it is!

And this kid’s still eating!

After our lunch, which BTW, was excellent, I would definitely eat here again, we browsed around the shops, purchasing last minute things. I bought DB something golf related as a thank you for watching our pug while we were gone. DM bought sooooo much stuff, we had to stick some of her purchases in our luggage and carry on. I even saw DH purchase something and was so intrigued as to why he was at the counter so I started walking over and he yelled, “Go away!” Welp, guess it was something for me…better be to have been so rude:lmao:

While DM and DH were in the shops, I took the stroller over to the outside area near the bridge that connects the BLT to the Contemporary and took a picture

It was a nice, quiet area and I wished badly that we could have gotten an extra ticket that day to visit the MK one last time

We still had a good amount of time left even after spending half an hour in the shops, so thought it would be fun to check out the ‘backyard’ of the Contemporary.

Tinkgurl had reminded me to take a picture with Mickey outside, so that’s what we did! I step up my camera on timer mode to get a group shot

And a nice couple was walking by and offered to take another one for us

Off to check out the pools

continued in next post

continued from previous post

It felt amazing

It really was such a nice day!

As Phil pointed out in his TR, the pools here are a bit boring compared to other resort pools. I mean, it gets the job done if it’s hot out definitely, but they could use some sprucing up.

This area is pretty cool though

If you look close enough you’ll see a sleeping DH on a lounger, even DM was napping in the main pool area in the shade with a napping DS. I didn’t get the memo of course, I kept walking around taking pictures

It was getting close to our DME pick up time, so I went around waking everyone up to head over to the lobby area.

We went outside to wait for the bus and sat down on some benches when a CM came over and asked if we were waiting for the DME bus and we said yes. As he was walking away, DH said, “Hey that guy is from Visalia.” It’s the town next to us! So DH and I walked over to him since he was just standing there with his iPad and told him where we were from. He was super excited when we told him! He had never met anyone from the Central Valley since he’d been working there for 2 years. He mentioned how much he missed In-N-Out and that they have (I thought he said Five Guys? Maybe it’s some other chain) and that it didn’t even compare. We chatted for a good 10 minutes about things he missed/didn’t miss – like our Tule fog:scared: and a DME bus pulled up so he had to go and check those new, LUCKY guests in.

Soon after they got off the bus, it was time for us to board

And we were on our way…last time seeing Epcot

Bus ride was short and uneventful and we arrived at the airport in no time

URL=http://s928.photobucket.com/user/aliciacrow1/media/WDW%202013%20Day%207/DSC02238.jpg.html]
DSC02238.jpg
[/URL]

We were not happy about leaving

Security was a bit longer than expected, but the security guys were so fun, trying to get DS to laugh and asking him if he enjoyed his first trip to Disney, when I told him he had been already at 2 months old. He was impressed and said how brave I was but that it couldn’t have been to bad for us if we had already made the second trip. Nope not bad at all!

Soon enough we were on a very empty plane to Atlanta

DS had his own seat

The flight to Atlanta is super short but on the plane I started getting the chills pretty bad and asked for some hot tea. It helped my throat a bit, but didn’t take the chill off.

When we landed in Atlanta for our connecting flight to LA, I was full blown sick status. Shaking uncontrollably from being cold and my throat was dunzo. I asked DH if he could get me some green tea from Starbucks, hoping it would help. It didn’t. I just wanted to get home. Then came the announcement:

“Your flight has been delayed.”

No freakin’ way. It really wasn’t that much longer, maybe 40 minutes but when you’re halfway to death, it’s forever.

The last leg of our flight was a nightmare. I remember sitting in between DM and DH for warmth, I had never felt so sick before. Then I started getting dizzy and feeling like I needed to get sick. Absolutely AWFUL. Thank goodness DS was sleeping for the majority of the flight and not wanting me to hold him. I was able to sleep for an hour when I woke up wet as in drenched in sweat. What the heck is happening to my body right now? I’m dying. I’ve got to be.

I got up to go to the restroom to just move around and get the blood flowing and I started feeling a little better. Then I got cold again. Luckily, our flight was about done.

We landed, rushed off the plane so we could run to the carousel to collect our luggage…no luggage was coming off. Thirty minutes later and finally bags start coming down the chute. Almost all of our luggage is collected…except for one bag. DH’s bag. So he goes to the lost and found office to see if they could locate it his bag. While he’s doing that, something popped into my head….where are the car keys? :scared1: At the beginning of the trip, we had put the keys into one of our suitcases so that they would be safe instead of in our purses, pockets or on any tables, ensuring our keys wouldn’t be lost forever and we’d always know where they are.

I frantically drop everything, forgetting I’m sick, and start looking through our 2 pieces of luggage that just got off the plane like a maniac. I didn’t care who saw what at that point, I was throwing bras and underwear all over the place. Not in the two checked luggage so start going through Carry ons. Nope. I knew it wasn’t in our purses but it was our last hope. Nothing. They were in the lost luggage. This took about 15 minutes while DH was in the lost and found. He came out empty handed. Well not completely empty handed. He had a copy of a form he filled out for lost luggage and told me that they’ll just ship the luggage to our address, but that they were still checking going through bags. :faint::scared1: He didn’t know about the keys at this point. DH walked back to the office and I immediately, again, go through my bag, combing every area about to cry when DH comes shouting out of the office, “I’ve got it! Let’s go!”

Thank the good Lord above! I grab the bag, look in the front pocket and there are the car keys, right where I had left them in the first place. I said nothing to him about the pure fear I was going through. Neither did DM. Think about it. What were we going to do if we didn’t get our bag that night? Stay the night in a hotel? And what if we didn’t get the bag the next day? Have someone from back home get our spare keys and drive to us? I still get anxious thinking about the what if’s. I know now, I’ll NEVER EVER do that again. In fact, I’m bringing both sets of keys with us on every trip from now on. One for me and one for DM to hold (since moms lose nothing right?! ::yes::).

I called our hotel that our car was at to get the shuttle back and were picked up within 10 minutes. Back at the hotel, we immediately went to the car parking lot to pack our things up (took a while to do with all the new purchases) and we’re finally trying to make our way out of the parking lot, when we stick our hotel validation ticket into the machine…”You owe $100” Umm, no. I had prepaid parking when I booked this hotel. We had to back the car up since we couldn’t get out of the parking lot to let other cars go through, while I went inside to clear things up. I waited, no one came. The lobby was full of people but no one working. I finally went over to the information desk to tell them about the problem and he told me to go outside to valet and they’ll help me. :headache: Now I’m outside talking to Valet and they look up the information on their computer and don’t see that I had prepaid for parking, but that to just buzz at the machine and they’ll let us through. I said thanks and ran to the car. I wanted to leave ASAP! We buzz, I say my name and he says, “Alicia can you come back and verify your account?.....NAAAWWW just kidding have a good night!” Not sure if he felt the stress coming off my body or what, but I needed a chuckle after this day. Definitely one of the most stressful days we’ve (I’ve) had thus far on a trip.

We made it home safely, no issues, well no more issues than I had already experienced earlier that is. :rotfl2:

And that’s a wrap people! I do want to do a picture wrap up of the great times of this trip, since we ended on a very low note. So please stick around!

I’m also in the next few weeks going to be starting my PTR for our January trip. Seeing the plans laid out and having feedback from you guys really help with the planning process so I hope you’ll join me for that as well, as it’s going to be a pretty awesome trip!

My goodness! I hope Calvin is ok! That looked like quite the impact.

It was very scary when he was screaming and I saw the marks. He hit really hard but is doing good now!

Wish I could say they'll be another year, but you're a Phillies fan...so:lmao: Actually you guys have a good team just never make it past the division series.

Ok... I'll be blunt. I don't like the Giants. Ever since that 2-0 lead turned into a 2-3 loss in the NLDS a couple of years ago. :headache:

But Bumgarner is incredible. The past few years, he's been the guy I go for in the fantasy baseball drafts since he flies under the radar compared to other ace pitchers. Clearly, that will no longer be the case. I definitely felt like I witnessed history last night. What he did in this World Series will likely be one of those historic October performances that baseball fans talk about long after his career is over.

:thumbsup2 I'm sorry it is over, but what an accomplishment!

Good luck! I hope you get some good news!

I remember that well, thinking it was done. The Giants just know how to torture their fans though, as they have done in every Playoff and WS thus far.

Bum is the man! Didn't think he would pitch for 5 innings, maybe 2, 3 max. Wonder how his arm is feeling today :scared:

So what's word on Calvin? :confused3 I'll post my comments in the next post?

I saw the "Worst day ever" and thought OMG! Calvin has mouth damage for life, but since you posted updates, he must be sort of OK. :confused3

We got the burger and sugar cookie at the Contempo Café and liked it. Thought it was a good solid QS place.

I would have been all over taking pics as well. I can't just sit still, even when I feel icky.

I never thought of it that people would be getting off the DME to begin their trips while others are sadly ending them, but I guess it happens all the time.

Well of course In-N-Out wins over Five Guys! I like them well enough, but nothing compares (in the fast food realm) to In-N-Out. When you start to add sit down there aren't many chains I'd rate above it, but you can't drive through at Five Guys!

I'm sorry you felt so icky! I'm lucky (knock on wood) I don't seem to get sick often. When I do, I'm awful, so it's good that it doesn't happen often.

We have keyless entry on our vehicle. I always leave the keys in the armrest at the airport. That way if the most awful experience happens we can always still get home. However, I think I might have actually taken the keys with me this trip. We flew out of John Wayne not LAX so our rhythm was off this trip. I hope we don't have a problem getting our keys and getting home!

Looking forward to your wrap up and new TR. I may be on the ship so I probably won't make the first page!

I hope Calvin is okay too.

Sorry you got so sick on that last day and that it was a challenge heading home. That's gotta be the worst when leaving WDW.

Thanks for sharing this TR with us. I was glad to have met up with you on this trip and hope to meet up with you and your family again in the future.

Look forward to seeing what you get up to in Jan.

I am not trying to downplay your experience at all, but I know exactly how horrible it was. I had the same thing happen a few years ago, the absolute worst way to end a trip. EVER!

Thank the heavens they found DH's bag! :faint:

The Comtempo Cafe looks downright delicious. I'll have to remember that.

Cool about the CM being from near you.

Can't wait to hear all about January! :cool1:

Wish I could say they'll be another year, but you're a Phillies fan...so:lmao: Actually you guys have a good team just never make it past the division series.

A good team? You didn't see them play this year, did you?

I remember that well, thinking it was done. The Giants just know how to torture their fans though, as they have done in every Playoff and WS thus far.

Yeah, 3 championships in 5 years. Pure torture, I tell ya.

Ok, I was thinking this day didn't seem all that bad. I mean, yeah, it sucks that you're leaving Disney World, but it isn't the worst day ever. Until you started feeling like crap on the plane. Brutal. :crazy2: Flying is never fun, especially not when you feel so horrible... and then have to stress out about keys.

I just want to point out one glaring detail in this last update. You said moms lose nothing... but you're a mom, and aren't you the one who put the keys in the checked bag to begin with? :confused3 :duck:

As Comic Book Guy would say

I hear ya.

No matter how sick I am, I’ll always have something sweet. I truly believe sugar is the number one medicine for sickness…so a Sugar cookie it is!

Well, they say a cookie a day gets you in to see the doctor that much sooner.:thumbsup2

I even saw DH purchase something and was so intrigued as to why he was at the counter so I started walking over and he yelled, “Go away!” Welp, guess it was something for me…better be to have been so rude:lmao:

I know how he feels. I can never surprise my wife with anything!

I like this picture a lot:

He mentioned how much he missed In-N-Out and that they have (I thought he said Five Guys? Maybe it’s some other chain) and that it didn’t even compare.

I'm from the East Coast, and I agree: In 'n Out >> Five Guys.

The last leg of our flight was a nightmare. I remember sitting in between DM and DH for warmth, I had never felt so sick before. Then I started getting dizzy and feeling like I needed to get sick. Absolutely AWFUL. Thank goodness DS was sleeping for the majority of the flight and not wanting me to hold him. I was able to sleep for an hour when I woke up wet as in drenched in sweat. What the heck is happening to my body right now? I’m dying. I’ve got to be.

Yuck! Sorry you had to endure that. Being sick and having to travel is the WORST. Comic Book Guy would agree.

While he’s doing that, something popped into my head….where are the car keys? :scared1: At the beginning of the trip, we had put the keys into one of our suitcases so that they would be safe instead of in our purses, pockets or on any tables, ensuring our keys wouldn’t be lost forever and we’d always know where they are.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo...

I still get anxious thinking about the what if’s. I know now, I’ll NEVER EVER do that again. In fact, I’m bringing both sets of keys with us on every trip from now on. One for me and one for DM to hold (since moms lose nothing right?! ::yes::).

Don't feel too bad. I have a similar story coming up later...

Nice work on the TR! Sorry I joined in so late...

Oh my goodness your travel day sounds awful
It's horrible feeling sick when you are on a flight
I bet you were so relieved when the missing bag showed up
Looking forward to the picture wrap up of your amazing trip :-)

Calvin is good everyone! The dentist didn't want to do X-rays unless she felt movement from any of the teeth. No movement, no X-rays, good to go! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Sheesh, it's tough physically and emotionally being a parent.

We got the burger and sugar cookie at the Contempo Café and liked it. Thought it was a good solid QS place.

I would have been all over taking pics as well. I can't just sit still, even when I feel icky.

I never thought of it that people would be getting off the DME to begin their trips while others are sadly ending them, but I guess it happens all the time.

Well of course In-N-Out wins over Five Guys! I like them well enough, but nothing compares (in the fast food realm) to In-N-Out. When you start to add sit down there aren't many chains I'd rate above it, but you can't drive through at Five Guys!

I'm sorry you felt so icky! I'm lucky (knock on wood) I don't seem to get sick often. When I do, I'm awful, so it's good that it doesn't happen often.

We have keyless entry on our vehicle. I always leave the keys in the armrest at the airport. That way if the most awful experience happens we can always still get home. However, I think I might have actually taken the keys with me this trip. We flew out of John Wayne not LAX so our rhythm was off this trip. I hope we don't have a problem getting our keys and getting home!

Looking forward to your wrap up and new TR. I may be on the ship so I probably won't make the first page!

I haven't tried Five Guys yet, but rumor around here is that Visalia should be getting one! It will be interesting to try it, but like you said, the best burgers come from In-N-Out. Always have, always will be.

We, quite literally, probably have the oldest vehicles driving on the planet :lmao: One day we'll upgrade so we can be in the 2010's like all the cool people :rotfl2:

I need to get over to your thread asap! If I don't get to you in time, I hope you have an AMAZING trip and i'm so looking forward to hearing about it.:goodvibes

I hope Calvin is okay too.

Sorry you got so sick on that last day and that it was a challenge heading home. That's gotta be the worst when leaving WDW.

Thanks for sharing this TR with us. I was glad to have met up with you on this trip and hope to meet up with you and your family again in the future.

Look forward to seeing what you get up to in Jan.

Leaving the best place on earth and coming back to the crappiest place with a terrible cold was awful:lmao:

Thanks PIO and hopefully our paths will cross soon :goodvibes

I am not trying to downplay your experience at all, but I know exactly how horrible it was. I had the same thing happen a few years ago, the absolute worst way to end a trip. EVER!

Thank the heavens they found DH's bag! :faint:

The Comtempo Cafe looks downright delicious. I'll have to remember that.

Cool about the CM being from near you.

Can't wait to hear all about January! :cool1:

I don't think i've ever been so sick traveling before. A first for everything and I pray it never happens to me or anyone! Worst feeling. Definitely bringing Airborne and all the medicine in the world with me next time.

A good team? You didn't see them play this year, did you?

I was trying to make you feel better. Welp, that didn't work :lmao:

Yeah, 3 championships in 5 years. Pure torture, I tell ya.

The road to the WS is torture. Think about it, we were behind 10 games towards the mid-end of the season. Who in their right mind thought we would get go all the way!

Ok, I was thinking this day didn't seem all that bad. I mean, yeah, it sucks that you're leaving Disney World, but it isn't the worst day ever. Until you started feeling like crap on the plane. Brutal. :crazy2: Flying is never fun, especially not when you feel so horrible... and then have to stress out about keys.

It started out like the perfect ending to a trip and it just kept getting worse. I think it would have been the end for me if I was puking. :crazy2:

I just want to point out one glaring detail in this last update. You said moms lose nothing... but you're a mom, and aren't you the one who put the keys in the checked bag to begin with? :confused3 :duck:

I thought I had put :rolleyes1 but I put the wrong emoticon in :lmao:

Glad the dentist trip was successful :)

We got home from our trip trip yesterday, glad you liked the photos, more to come when I get round to downloading the Memory Maker pics.

Not long till your January trip now!

Wow, what an ending to your vacation! :sad2:

I've really enjoyed reading about your trip, thank you for sharing.

I'm so glad to hear that Calvin's mouth is okay! How scary...

Last days are SO sad. It's hard to enjoy the time that's left knowing that you will be out of Disney in a few hours. It did look like a beautiful day and when you posted the picture of the castle, Space Mountain, and the monorail and said that you wished you had gotten one more park day ticket I felt so sad for you. But at least now you only have 2 months to go until your next trip! Yay! On a selfish note, I'm a little sad that this TR is over and now I have to wait months for the next one to start!

What a nightmare getting home was! How awful that you felt so so sick. At least it didn't start until you were leaving but traveling and feeling like that has got to be rough. Especially when you have DS with you. And the car keys...OMG. How absolutely terrifying. I would be having an all out panic attack. Thank goodness they found it. I can't believe they did. When I've had luggage missing I haven't been lucky enough for them to find it right away. The two times it happened to me I got it back the next day or never. :sad2:

I'm glad you're going to do another post highlighting all the best parts of the trip. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter