Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

I didn't have any of the things on your "top" list, but I had the waffles and those were definitely on mine. I agree on the lobster roll. I like the empanada, but it isn't special, but then we don't get those, ever. I do have to agree on the cake from Ireland, and the apple strudel. It's not the same one that they serve at Sommerfest, the topping is so much better!

By the time we go again, most of that stuff will be changed! I'm looking at two years from now at the earliest at this point.

Looking forward to your favorite photos of the trip wrap up! This is a great idea and I'm going to steal it for my current TR!

I swore I commented yesterday about Halloween. I'm losing it...

Calvin is sooooo cute as Kermit! Awesome costume. Bummer you didn't get to go out trick or treating. Next year is a must.

How scary about the drugs in the candy! What kind of horrible person would do that? :mad:

Next year we're definitely doing things differently so I can enjoy it too!

Some people are absolutely sick. Even though he got a good amount of candy (and really, he wasn't even going to be allowed to eat 1/8th of it anyway..it's always for me :lmao:) it wasn't worth keeping. I'll buy 10 bucks of safe candy for him if need be.

I tried Terra, the watermelon juice was horrific. I drink it down because it was liquid and I was hot but I'll NEVER get it again. I wanted to try one of the vegan chicken dishes but wasn't hungry at the time.

So many delicious things you guys tried! Congrats on the 28, that's really close!

I remember your update about the Watermelon Juice! :lmao: I thought that it sounded refreshing but you did end up hating it.

Thanks I think we did pretty good!

I think you guys did great getting 28 stamps! The only thing I heard about the terra stand was that "if you want something that tastes like chicken, why not eat chicken"

:lmao: True!

You are spot on that the bonafy tart was yummy and that the sling was strong! :rotfl:

The tart was great and that sling..oh my!

I didn't have any of the things on your "top" list, but I had the waffles and those were definitely on mine. I agree on the lobster roll. I like the empanada, but it isn't special, but then we don't get those, ever. I do have to agree on the cake from Ireland, and the apple strudel. It's not the same one that they serve at Sommerfest, the topping is so much better!

I regret not getting the leek waffle like you suggested.

I completely forgot about Sommerfest! I'd try the strudel there, even if it's a little different. Dh loves anything apple like that!

By the time we go again, most of that stuff will be changed! I'm looking at two years from now at the earliest at this point.

Looking forward to your favorite photos of the trip wrap up! This is a great idea and I'm going to steal it for my current TR!

Two years?! Aren't you trying to go to Europe in 2 years? Why am I thinking 2016 for some reason??

Also, you're SOOOOO good at keeping up on the DIS while on VACATION!

He did do pretty well, unfortunately we had to throw it all away. My cousin had posted on FB that his daughters candy had been tampered with (small needle holes in a few pieces), called the police to come check it out and had traces of heroin.:mad: Didn't want to take any chances.
:eek: :scared1: What a shame. I don't understand some people. :furious:

Next year we're definitely doing things differently so I can enjoy it too!

Good! :)

Some people are absolutely sick. Even though he got a good amount of candy (and really, he wasn't even going to be allowed to eat 1/8th of it anyway..it's always for me :lmao:) it wasn't worth keeping. I'll buy 10 bucks of safe candy for him if need be.

Do the cops try to figure out where it came from? I can't imagine somebody being so awful.

Definitely not worth keeping.

I remember your update about the Watermelon Juice! :lmao: I thought that it sounded refreshing but you did end up hating it.

And I usually LOVE fresh stuff like that. It just tasted like they put the entire watermelon in the blender, rind and all.

Love the pictures from Halloween. It is great watching all if these things through there eyes as they get older.

Love the food pictures.

I really enjoyed the food recaps! This TR just has me dying to go for F+W one year. 28 stamps is quite an achievement!!! :thumbsup2

Calvin looks super cute in his costume.

28 out of 30 is amazing and that cart one definitely should not count!

Great round up of your favourites and not so good ones.

Catching up ........ AGAIN!!!

Cute pics of your little man! And I am VERY happy to hear that he escaped his little tooth mishap unharmed.

Love the recap! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

He did do pretty well, unfortunately we had to throw it all away. My cousin had posted on FB that his daughters candy had been tampered with (small needle holes in a few pieces), called the police to come check it out and had traces of heroin.:mad: Didn't want to take any chances.

Say what?!?!

That's awful! What is wrong with people?

You did an amazing job covering F&W. Note to self: do not look at pictures when hungry.

Love your summary of the dishes. Fun update!

Thanks PIO!

:eek: :scared1: What a shame. I don't understand some people. :furious:

Yep. Some people just make me sick:crazy2:

Do the cops try to figure out where it came from? I can't imagine somebody being so awful.

I'm not really sure if they looked into it further. I would hope they did!

And I usually LOVE fresh stuff like that. It just tasted like they put the entire watermelon in the blender, rind and all.

Blech! Yeah, that doesn't sound good.

Love the pictures from Halloween. It is great watching all if these things through there eyes as they get older.

Love the food pictures.

Thanks Gina!

I really enjoyed the food recaps! This TR just has me dying to go for F+W one year. 28 stamps is quite an achievement!!! :thumbsup2

You NEED to go one day! Your DH likes food and I know he likes alcohol so this should be a no brainer.:thumbsup2

Calvin looks super cute in his costume.

28 out of 30 is amazing and that cart one definitely should not count!

Great round up of your favourites and not so good ones.

Thanks Lisa! That cart is not a booth, right?! So not fair.

Catching up ........ AGAIN!!!

Cute pics of your little man! And I am VERY happy to hear that he escaped his little tooth mishap unharmed.

Love the recap! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Thanks Karin!

Did you happen to get my message on FB?? I figured you've been busy with work and wasn't sure if you were traveling (since you're gone alllll the time!) but we LOVE the shirt and the chocolates. You are awesome! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Say what?!?!

That's awful! What is wrong with people?

You did an amazing job covering F&W. Note to self: do not look at pictures when hungry.

Isn't that crazy? People can be so disgusting.

Yep. I purposefully stay away from certain TR's when I haven't eaten yet. Makes the food i'm about to eat look terrible:lmao:

I'm usually not on the DIS on the weekends since DH and I like to watch movies or catch up on our shows, and now that Call of Duty came out, i'll be busy with that as well:hyper: But poor DH came down with the flu hard today, so it's been a solo night for me. Not knowing what to do with myself, I figured i'd post the very last update for this TR - a photo highlight recap of our trip, showing my favorite pictures and showing the most memorable parts of our trip.

Day 1

Driving under this

First time staying at SSR

First meal at WDW, having pizza at WPE

Day 2

Checking into AKV

Visiting AK

And having a blast!

First time riding a dino

First, and surely not the last time, flirting

Excited to ride KS

Spotting a very strange animal

Not on camera but took after, DS getting to high five a tumbling monkey!

Fav pic at AK

Seeing our room at AKV

Getting exercise crawling around

Getting excited over seeing Mr. Pibb!

After walking into a sliding glass door:lmao:

Day 3

Having coffee on the balcony, Cynthia style

Waking up to a happy boy

Epcot Day!

Our first F&W selection

Not knowing at the time, that this was our last time riding Maelstrom :sad2:

Finding out that DH snuck this dish, so grabbed my own

DM definitely enjoyed F&W

Getting drooled on

This beautiful margarita

And these gorgeous beers

Visiting Karamell Kuche

Having our first date night of our trip at the MK AND securing FP’s for lunch at BoG!

Seeing the Tangled bathrooms for the first time

Being extremely upset over the size of the corndogs

Day 4

Checking into our first stay at BLT

Getting DS’s first haircut at the Harmony Barbershop

Getting to see the progress of the 7DMT

Getting to bypass this long line for BOG

Having lunch at BOG for the first time

Giving DM camera lessons

DS’s first soft serve

Heading to BLT to check out our room

Our home for the next several days

Eating this amazing soup for dinner at Artist Point

Sleeping while waiting for our honey pot to arrive

Not too sure about the fireworks

DS’s favorite ride

Day 5

DHS day

Meeting Stitch

First and last time going on the Studio Backlot Tour

Getting to meet DS’s favorite characters

Trying this delicious cupcake for the first time

Enjoying my alone time while DM and DH have some drinks at the Tune-in Lounge

Changing our ADR from the Brown Derby to 50’s Prime Time…possibly due to over-consumption of alcohol

Singing the birthday song

Last pictures in front of the Sorcerer’s Hat

Sneaking in some Photopass pictures

And seeing these show up on your PP Card

Getting another date night at Epcot

Getting to watch Illuminations without having to run for cover due to DS’s cries

Enjoying some wine and cheese on our date night

Day 6

Heading over to MK

Meeting some more characters

Multitasking

Heading back to Epcot for more food, wine and beer

Retrieving a lost Domo

An uncomfortable journey to get this lasagna

Our last date night

Day 7

Since this is more of a ‘highlight’ recap, I’m leaving off the end of this trip :-)lmao::sad2:) and sticking to our last few hours at BLT

Goofy photobombing our picture

This trip was fantastic! There were so many firsts for us on this trip and unfortunately, there were a few lasts on this trip that included Maelstrom, Studio Backlot Tour and the Sorcerer's Hat. It's sad, but I guess it's making room for new 'firsts' opportunities in the future. I'd love to go back to F&W again one day. As long as DH stays with his current position, he'll always have that week off in October. It was pretty warm/hot some days, so i'm really looking forward to cool weather in January. And getting to stay at 3 different resorts in a short time was pretty neat too, but probably won't be doing that again unless absolutely necessary. Aside from DM and I getting sick, this trip was so wonderful, I still love looking back at the pictures we took from time to time.

Welp, that's it! Thanks again for being patient with me. This took much longer than I intended it to be. Be on the lookout for my PTR link coming soon!

Every time I want to comment, there is a new update! :rotfl2:

Thank you so much for taking us along on your vacation. I really really enjoyed it.
And I just loved your recap of highlights and PP pics. Some of them reminded me of the story behind it and made me LOL again (your DH walking into the glass door, the PP pics he took).
And to see how much Calvin has changed from then to now. He sure has grown. :thumbsup2

And to answer your question. Yes, I did get your FB message, sorry I did not answer, but there were a lot of things going on last week (I'll explain in private). Glad you like the T-shirt (from the Disney store on the Champs Elysee in Paris ;)) and chocolates. :thumbsup2

Every time I want to comment, there is a new update! :rotfl2:

Thank you so much for taking us along on your vacation. I really really enjoyed it.
And I just loved your recap of highlights and PP pics. Some of them reminded me of the story behind it and made me LOL again (your DH walking into the glass door, the PP pics he took).
And to see how much Calvin has changed from then to now. He sure has grown. :thumbsup2

And to answer your question. Yes, I did get your FB message, sorry I did not answer, but there were a lot of things going on last week (I'll explain in private). Glad you like the T-shirt (from the Disney store on the Champs Elysee in Paris ;)) and chocolates. :thumbsup2

:lmao: Sorry didn't realize how many posts that took up!

They made me laugh too! Especially the earlier ones that I somewhat forgot about like DH running into the glass and there's no way I can get DH's creepy faces out of my head when he was at DHS :rotfl:

Hope things are okay :goodvibes I wasn't sure what the quickest way to get to you was. I figured since you send us lives on Candy Crush all the time (thanks for those too, BTW :rotfl2:) that you would see a message quicker on FB. Agh, one day i'll get to Champs Elysee! I'm assuming there are a lot of high end shops there, so the only place i'll really be able to 'shop' at is the Disney store :lmao:, but window shopping and to eat at some of their cafes is a must. And to see the Arc de Triomphe at night would be so wonderful!

:lmao: Sorry didn't realize how many posts that took up!

They made me laugh too! Especially the earlier ones that I somewhat forgot about like DH running into the glass and there's no way I can get DH's creepy faces out of my head when he was at DHS :rotfl:

Hope things are okay :goodvibes I wasn't sure what the quickest way to get to you was. I figured since you send us lives on Candy Crush all the time (thanks for those too, BTW :rotfl2:) that you would see a message quicker on FB. Agh, one day i'll get to Champs Elysee! I'm assuming there are a lot of high end shops there, so the only place i'll really be able to 'shop' at is the Disney store :lmao:, but window shopping and to eat at some of their cafes is a must. And to see the Arc de Triomphe at night would be so wonderful!

It was fun to just keep refreshing the page and there were new photos! :thumbsup2

I do check FB, but don't do it from my phone, so it always takes a while to respond. Issues were finally (hopefully) resolved on Thursday and I really hope things will stay the way they are at the moment. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter