Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

I'm sorry to hear of all the sickness going around. Fran just had a CAT scan today too! I hope that they both come up with nothing.

I've been a little crazy myself, Fran came back from our trip with some medical maladies herself, hence the CAT scan. I hope that you get everything together and can give us updates for your upcoming trip. Looking forward to you getting all better and hearing all about your plans!

Hi everyone!

CT scan came back clear on my stomach - the Doctor thinks that whatever infection was in my stomach cleared up with the antibiotics before the scan. She did find a cyst on my left ovary that she wants to keep an eye on so i'll have to go back in a few months for an ultrasound on that. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about (since I have no time to worry right now with Christmas and our trip coming up :lmao:) Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes! My stomach still hurts now and then, so i'm currently doing a diet that consists of a green smoothie for breakfast, chicken, sweet potatoes and quinoa for lunch and dinner is a small serving of whatever I make for my men. It's my third day being on this 'diet' and my stomach is feeling better already!

Also, does anyone know what I can take for Anemia? I know Iron pills are good, but since that causes constipation and i'm always so backed up, that just sounds like a bad idea. But maybe now with this new diet and actually being able to go, the Iron supplement won't be too bad? Sorry for the TMI, but hoping somewhat out there can give me some feedback.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends! I decided to not do our little Thanksgiving dinner for DH this year. I usually make him a grand dinner with all the fixings, but with him still getting over his bronchitis and my stomach, it just didn't feel like we'd enjoy it. But we did get our fix of turkey and stuffing at 2 different houses so all is well :goodvibes

Oh lookey what I gots here :hyper::

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52704946&posted=1#post52704946

My PTR! Finally right?! :rotfl2: Hope you all will come on over and join in! :goodvibes

glad things are getting better with your stomach and that the new diet seems to be helping.

Hope the new discovery doesn't turn into any issues. Like you say, ain't got time to be sick! Got Holidays and Disney!

Glad to hear that the CAT scan came back OK. The diet doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but you will be healthy at least. :confused3

I hope everything goes well for you this Holiday season! pixiedust:

Happy Holidays!

That's great news about the CAT scan results. Hope that the diet regime helps your tummy settle down.

I believe that chicken liver is pretty high in iron. Have you asked your Dr if that is an alternative to the iron pills? Otherwise, do you have a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner in your area? Perhaps there are some TCM herbs that you could try instead.

Glad you are feeling better!!!! And very glad your CT scan was normal! Awesome!

I usually just recommend a general multivitamin with iron for my patients. I don't think you need to take an iron supplement because your body just gets rid of most of the iron - hence the dreaded side effect.

How about a prenatal vitamin? They seriously have everything in them you need.

The other thing I would recommend for you is a probiotic. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but if I were you I would consider a trial of Align. There are multiple probiotics out there but this one is THE BEST! It's a tad expensive, but you can get it cheaper at Costco. You might want to try just a 30 day supply. I'm not kidding when I say that this was the single best thing I have ever used for IBS.

Are you gluten sensitive? Did I ask you this already? I'm old, I can't remember. :rotfl:

Checking out your PTR now.

Hi Alicia! I loved the recap - especially Dan's photo-shoot on Hollywood Blvd at DHS! :rotfl2: Gotta say that when I think of this trip that's the hilarious moment that comes to mind.

Glad you're feeling a bit better sorry for dealing with the stomach issue - no fun at all!

Now I need to check out your PTR! :)

Thanks for the medical update! So glad the scan came back negative! And I hope they work out a way to make the rest of the issues better (not good with medical terms in a foreign language, sorry).

I love the recap updates! That's a really sweet idea, I might do that at the end of my TR (although narrowing down photos is SERIOUSLY difficult for me..!)

Also, Dan's solo photoshoot cracked me up!!! I would make a point of getting the Tinker Bell one printed out LARGE and have it hanging in your hallway for all your guests to marvel at :rotfl:

Aww bless you, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better :flower3: :hug:

The BBC has a nice webpage with some recipes for iron-rich meals that you could try (towards the bottom of the page) :goodvibes

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/spotlight-high-iron

Just realized that I completely missed all your recap posts on here until now, a whole month later. Oops.

What a great trip! You guys did so much and made so many memories! Thanks for sharing them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!