FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use can use both for either. But my question is about the timing and if you get delayed via traffic. I read that if a flight is delayed you are OK, it'd the scheduled departure time that matters.
What I'm asking is if I take a rapid on a Friday in Orlando hoping to cross the border Saturday evening, but not making it until Sunday due to traffic/weather.

..and yes, I plan on cutting it close. 5 years straight pre pandemic I left Kissimmee at 5:30am and crossed into windsor around 11:15-1130pm. No time for testing in there.
We're similar, although not quite as aggressive on the driving. We'll leave Orlando around 6 or 7am, overnight in PA usually and arrive at the border around 3pm next day. We plan to take a NAAT in Orlando on Friday for Saturday departure, well within the 72 hours window. We also have several RAT test kits and will save at least 2 for in-car administration. Not exactly sure how that works yet as our vendor is just starting the service March 1, but I assume it is the same idea as Switch with a proctor watching you test and reporting the result while you sit in your car at a rest area along the way. Hey, you gotta stop to pee sometime right (but just don't plan on PA - they closed all the rest stops when we were driving back at the start of COVID in 03-'20)?

We're similar, although not quite as aggressive on the driving. We'll leave Orlando around 6 or 7am, overnight in PA usually and arrive at the border around 3pm next day. We plan to take a NAAT in Orlando on Friday for Saturday departure, well within the 72 hours window. We also have several RAT test kits and will save at least 2 for in-car administration. Not exactly sure how that works yet as our vendor is just starting the service March 1, but I assume it is the same idea as Switch with a proctor watching you test and reporting the result while you sit in your car at a rest area along the way. Hey, you gotta stop to pee sometime right (but just don't plan on PA - they closed all the rest stops when we were driving back at the start of COVID in 03-'20)?
Ha! I was wondering about doing Rapid Tests on the side of the road too! I have a family set of Switch ones just in case as well. Usually as I drive up 75 on the way home I am surrounded by Canadian plates...I wonder if the rest stops will be full of Canadians testing?!

Hello all,

New here and just a question (or maybe 300). ;)

With regards to doing the NAAT test at Walgreens, has anyone done tis using a taxi (or Uber)? If so how does one go about doing that? We will have a Walgreens right across the street from us, but if we have to use a car, have to figure something out.

Our other option is the rapid test the day before, but thinking the NAAT test may be the better way to go.

Hello all,

With regards to doing the NAAT test at Walgreens, has anyone done tis using a taxi (or Uber)? If so how does one go about doing that? We will have a Walgreens right across the street from us, but if we have to use a car, have to figure something out.

Our other option is the rapid test the day before, but thinking the NAAT test may be the better way to go.

The Uber App has an option to say you are doing a Covid test when you book the ride to Walgreens, it should be pretty easy.

The Uber App has an option to say you are doing a Covid test when you book the ride to Walgreens, it should be pretty easy.
I was playing around with the uber app yesterday and couldn't find that option. Is it only for certain locations in Orlando?

Hello all,

Several Dissers have done the taxi/Uber/Mears method.

If I had a choice, I would always go for the Walgreens NAAT over a RAT. Free, fast, reliable, and good for much longer. I see in many places (ie Orlando, Tennessee, NJ) they've also expanded the booking window back to seven days, as I'm guessing demand is dropping. Makes it quite easy to schedule.

Just read most of this thread and still don't see the answer. If you are driving back to Canada and stop overnight along the way, can you just go to any Walgreens and get a rapid test done? I'm talking in NC, Va or WV.

Just read most of this thread and still don't see the answer. If you are driving back to Canada and stop overnight along the way, can you just go to any Walgreens and get a rapid test done? I'm talking in NC, Va or WV.

I don’t see why not… as long as you can find a Walgreens or CVS etc that provides rapid test

You have to have an appointment and have filled out the necessary form. Not all Walgreens do testing. Another thing I found is that most of the Walgreens only test until about 4:30. I guess that gives them time to process and report.

Last edited:
I just posted this in another thread, but will post here too. I saw a new option today for rapid antigen testing, sounds really useful if you can get your hands on some free tests. It's offered by Lifecenters.ca and is virtual testing for $20 for 1 person, $5 for each additional (up to 3 more). Post Feb 28, this sounds like a great price.

For our travel to the US we bought rapid antigen tests from proofofentry.com - will use those next week, can't comment on them yet. $29.95 each plus shipping (unless you buy 7 or more I think.)

I was previously interested in tests from Acculab for $39 each (similar to Switch Health rapid antigen tests), but it looks like when the announcement came out about post Feb 28 changes, Acculab pivoted to a model where you can buy the test for $15, but have to pay separately for the 'test supervision' portion....and they are charging $39 for that. Will be interesting to see if they reduce prices in response to places like Lifecenters.

I just posted this in another thread, but will post here too. I saw a new option today for rapid antigen testing, sounds really useful if you can get your hands on some free tests. It's offered by Lifecenters.ca and is virtual testing for $20 for 1 person, $5 for each additional (up to 3 more). Post Feb 28, this sounds like a great price.

For our travel to the US we bought rapid antigen tests from proofofentry.com - will use those next week, can't comment on them yet. $29.95 each plus shipping (unless you buy 7 or more I think.)

I was previously interested in tests from Acculab for $39 each (similar to Switch Health rapid antigen tests), but it looks like when the announcement came out about post Feb 28 changes, Acculab pivoted to a model where you can buy the test for $15, but have to pay separately for the 'test supervision' portion....and they are charging $39 for that. Will be interesting to see if they reduce prices in response to places like Lifecenters.
WOW - this is a great option!! I can pack our own rapid tests and just pay to have them supervised . Thank you for sharing !

I don’t see why not… as long as you can find a Walgreens or CVS etc that provides rapid test
Back in early January my nephew flew from Orlando to Buffalo and then drove across the border. They waited until they got to Buffalo to test at Walgreens and then drive home. They had no problems.

Just a warning about the Lifecenters.ca site. I run Norton Safe Web and it issued the following warning for the site:
Threat Report
This is a known dangerous webpage. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.
I would exercise extreme caution if accessing this site!

Just a warning about the Lifecenters.ca site. I run Norton Safe Web and it issued the following warning for the site:

I would exercise extreme caution if accessing this site!

I'm not an IT person or anything so obviously everyone should be cautious. But as far as I can tell, WM Life Centers, which owns www.lifecenters.ca is a real clinic based in Calgary. Their google reviews appear to support the idea that they are a real company. Here is their IG account. https://www.instagram.com/wmlifecenters/

By the way I also found another place that does virtual testing if you have your own antigen test. It's $25 for one person. https://www.medionerx.com/virtualcare/

my guess is a lot of these places are going to pop up. I know I have seen at least a couple Instagram/Facebook ads for the BYOT 😂

my guess is a lot of these places are going to pop up. I know I have seen at least a couple Instagram/Facebook ads for the BYOT 😂

I sincerely hope so, because it pains me to see so many companies essentially profiting off the pandemic. Here in BC the cheapest antigen testing for travel is about $80, and you can't even get a free antigen test for home until next week when the over-70 set may be able to start getting some..... but meanwhile other provinces have managed to hand out tests...

I sincerely hope so, because it pains me to see so many companies essentially profiting off the pandemic. Here in BC the cheapest antigen testing for travel is about $80, and you can't even get a free antigen test for home until next week when the over-70 set may be able to start getting some..... but meanwhile other provinces have managed to hand out tests...
A rapid test at the airports (our only option in NB for private rapid) is $165!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone used the Disney Maingate lab? I booked appts but can’t see how long the wait is To get results. All they asked is my phone number and email address. Nothing about it being free.

Has anyone used the Disney Maingate lab? I booked appts but can’t see how long the wait is To get results. All they asked is my phone number and email address. Nothing about it being free.
How far in advance can you book an appointment with them? Could you please post a link to their appointment booking site? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter