FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can make you dizzy - to drive to the States - no test; to fly to the States - antigen OR molecular taken the day before; to come back to Canada - molecular taken within 72 hours, changing to either molecular within 72 hours OR antigen the day before.
You really need a flowchart.

Is the last part needed if you are driving and or flying into Canada?

It can make you dizzy - to drive to the States - no test; to fly to the States - antigen OR molecular taken the day before; to come back to Canada - molecular taken within 72 hours, changing to either molecular within 72 hours OR antigen the day before.
You really need a flowchart.

Is the last part needed if you are driving and or flying into Canada?

Both.

So how can you get the saliva test in Orlando now? We would prefer to get tested that way the day before our return flight.

Where is the nearest Walgreens from Disney Springs? I think I would rather get a 72 hour NAAT Test then a 24 hour Antigen test. If they are both free I would rather have more time to make plans if I'm positive then having to scramble to find a place to isolate.

Where is the nearest Walgreens from Disney Springs? I think I would rather get a 72 hour NAAT Test then a 24 hour Antigen test. If they are both free I would rather have more time to make plans if I'm positive then having to scramble to find a place to isolate.
When you make an appointment, put in the zip code for your hotel and it will show you the locations closets to you. In my case, I was able to go to a Walgreens less than 5 minutes from my hotel, it took no more than 5 minutes for them to test 3 of us. Results in under an hour.

Based on my experience, I highly recommend testing at the earliest possible time. My flight was 4:55pm, and we were going to Drawn to Life, so I had no choice but to test the next day. It meant I had to stay in Orlando an additional 8 days, vs just 7 days. It was the difference between a direct flight vs 5 hour layover 🤪

When you make an appointment, put in the zip code for your hotel and it will show you the locations closets to you. In my case, I was able to go to a Walgreens less than 5 minutes from my hotel, it took no more than 5 minutes for them to test 3 of us. Results in under an hour.

Based on my experience, I highly recommend testing at the earliest possible time. My flight was 4:55pm, and we were going to Drawn to Life, so I had no choice but to test the next day. It meant I had to stay in Orlando an additional 8 days, vs just 7 days. It was the difference between a direct flight vs 5 hour layover 🤪
What is the name of the test I need to fly back into Canada? Is it called Rapid Diagnostic Test (NOW)? I'm looking for the test that has up to 72 hours to be tested but results are back in 24 hours. Thanks

What is the name of the test I need to fly back into Canada? Is it called Rapid Diagnostic Test (NOW)? I'm looking for the test that has up to 72 hours to be tested but results are back in 24 hours. Thanks
At the moment you require a molecular test to return, taken within 72 hours of the schedule departure time of your flight which lands in Canada. I (and many others) recommend the Walgreens Rapid ID Now NAAT - my family has used this many times and results have always come back in less than two hours.

At the moment you require a molecular test to return, taken within 72 hours of the schedule departure time of your flight which lands in Canada. I (and many others) recommend the Walgreens Rapid ID Now NAAT - my family has used this many times and results have always come back in less than two hours.
Is that the actual name of the test? I am on Walgreens website and they offer 3 different tests. Diagnostic Lab Test (PCR), Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) and Rapid Antigen Test (BinaxNOW). I don't know each one of these is the NAAT Test.

Is that the actual name of the test? I am on Walgreens website and they offer 3 different tests. Diagnostic Lab Test (PCR), Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) and Rapid Antigen Test (BinaxNOW). I don't know each one of these is the NAAT Test.

ID NOW is the NAAT test

We used the one on 12100 S Apopka Vineland Rd.

The NAAT is the ID NOW and results are back within a couple of hours.

We used the one on 12100 S Apopka Vineland Rd.

The NAAT is the ID NOW and results are back within a couple of hours.
How far In advance do you book for Walgreens? We aren’t going until April but want to be prepared and mark on my calendar when to start booking this. (Although hopefully won’t have to test at all by then!)

How far In advance do you book for Walgreens? We aren’t going until April but want to be prepared and mark on my calendar when to start booking this. (Although hopefully won’t have to test at all by then!)
3 days before. I booked on January 31st at 12:14 am for a Feb 3 appt.
On the website, if you click a location and the test you can see available appointments.B419C815-0A09-42F9-8C0A-14F82BA18F83.jpeg

I recommend going to the site and practicing. There are lots of things to fill out and get the hang of their website. Just don't submit your request.

We're going back in May and I hope we don't have to test either!

Did the test today at Walgreens in Orlando, rapid PCR (ID Now)
They only asked for one ID just to get the name and locate the booking, didn't ask for my wife's ID. Results came back in less than an hr
What was the address of the Walgreens you used? Is it very far from Disney Springs? I will be taking an Uber to get it done. Thx 😊

What was the address of the Walgreens you used? Is it very far from Disney Springs? I will be taking an Uber to get it done. Thx 😊

5280 S JOHN YOUNG PKWY
Orlando, FL 32839
It's about 20-25 min away from Disney springs, it was close to us as we're staying close to Universal. There are so many Walgreens so you can just pick the one that's closest to you. And we booked the night before so not all of our appointments were at the sand time, 2 of my kids appointments were 2 hrs apart but they did the tests for everyone at the same time so if you're booking 2 days in advance you should be able to find plenty of appointments at most locations. Good luck

I was thinking about using Uber last time but wasn’t sure they’d take me thru the drive thru. How do you know if they will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter