FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to you both for the answer. The rolling infections is my biggest worry . We will have to see I guess. From our tracing we know our son caught it from a friend he went to the movies with last Thursday. Friend missed the next day of school with a migraine. That was his only symptom so he didn’t Covid test until after my son said he was positive yesterday . Friend is positive too.

My son then went and spent the weekend with my daughter and her fiancé. Both of them starting feeling sick this morning and tested positive this afternoon. I’ve got some mild symptoms but I’m still testing negative. I imagine it’s just a matter of time. The only one feeling very sick is DS18, who has been in bed for almost 24 hours and just feels awful.
Ideally this will roll through our house quickly and we will be done with it long before we leave. We are hunkered down and going nowhere .

Yikes. We leave next Thursday and found out today that our little grand daughter only had half her kindergarten class there today. Very scary. I'm not sure what it is that is keeping them out, but it certainly makes me nervous.

Yikes. We leave next Thursday and found out today that our little grand daughter only had half her kindergarten class there today. Very scary. I'm not sure what it is that is keeping them out, but it certainly makes me nervous.
I work in daycare and the last month has just been one illness after another. Most centres are dealing with a gastrointestinal illness outbreak in our area. We had it about a month ago. Good luck and I hope you all stay well 🤞.

Has anyone travelled from Saskatchewan? Any recommendations on where to get the pre-departure testing done? It’s not looking like we have very many options here. We could get them done at the airport or through switch. I don’t see any local pharmacies that are doing the travel tests.

Thanks. Was hoping for a pharmacy as their prices sure look better. Oh well, it is what it is I guess.

Editing to add that affordabletesting site is very low cost. Thanks again for that one. How do we know if these places are legit and acceptable to the US government though?

Well I am sure you are all tired of me, lol, but thought I’d share that I just found out the testing site associated with our local airport offers a huge discount for CAA members. Looks like half price based on reports from about a month ago.
problem solved.
😊

I have been searching around and came across Life Centers (can't paste the link here for some reason) on another forum. They charge $20 per test for proctering plus $5 for each individual you add to the same video call who is travelling with you.

As long as your testing kits are authorized by Health Canada, you should be ok. People on the other forums used those green Rapid Response kits that Ontario govt. is providing and there were no issues at the airport.
They send you a confirmation email with the result?

How does it work with multiple people? We all do the test at the same time? Then the person just watches the test results for 15 minutes and then we get an email?
Basically. The nurse watches each person swab one at a time. We had 4 people, so I went 1st and also did the “lab tech” stuff (put buffer in tube, swab in tube, and drops on test) for everyone. Then you prop your phone over the tests and they watch for 15mins. Then you’re done!
Note: They want everything laid out but unopened when you start the call.

Disney cruiseline is now putting the onus of testing onto the traveler at our own cost 😈 so guess I will be rereading this thread to find all the ehealth telehealth options for testing since we can now get free tests from pharmacies in BC for our July cruise.

Has anyone used azova.com? They are $20US a person, have availability 24/7 and they allow you to use the free kits we get from the pharmacy here in BC.

Has anyone used azova.com? They are $20US a person, have availability 24/7 and they allow you to use the free kits we get from the pharmacy here in BC.

I was coming here to ask the very same thing! :rotfl2: I have five packs of rapid antigen testing kits just sitting there. :rolleyes1

I was going to - but I managed to get an appt at Costco, which is only $16.95 (in Alberta anyways) I’m negative, so off to Florida again tomorrow.
Woohoo!! Have a great trip! We don't have those cheap tests in BC so I'm looking at using the tests we get for free from the pharmacy for a telehealth appt with Azova or Rapid test and trace.

Haven’t used azova but had a great experience with lifecenters.ca. $20cdn for 1st person, $5 each for additional person (up to 4 total), 5th person is $20 and then $5 extra again.

Haven’t used azova but had a great experience with lifecenters.ca. $20cdn for 1st person, $5 each for additional person (up to 4 total), 5th person is $20 and then $5 extra again.
I wanted to use life centers but they don't offer weekend appointments 😞 I have to test on a Saturday or Sunday for my Monday cruise.

I have not used azova but many Canadians on cruise critic have mentioned it, so you should be good for a cruise. I had been looking at it but I'm in Ontario and able to get into Costco (friday!!) for our cruise on Sunday... I am so ready to cruise again :D

I used Azova to go to the US last week. I chose it because I wanted to test at 7am before I went to work and no one else had such early appointments. I used the tests we get free in Ontario (in the green box). I have to run through the whole thing on video but then after the test was running, they had me hang up and just upload a photo after 15 minutes. I thought it was a little odd that they didn't watch the whole thing but I did as instructed and they uploaded a PDF to my account maybe 10 minutes after I completed the test.

I just went through the anxiety of COVID procedures and emergency what if scenarios yesterday and i havent even booked our vacation yet.
Maybe by 2023 they will be changed again IDK. It was import for peace of mind to know IF an event wasa to happen how and could we handle it. BIGGEST concern was LOSS of plane flight / LOSS of park tickets and reservation (was more of contingency planning) going to didnt seem to bad Airline said dont worry about it you would be allowed to re schedule a flight. I have NOT spoke with WDW yet regarding anything. but will raise the scenario prior to booking. I have tried to search for what happens if you contract COVID while at disney (just to see how it may unfold) my anxiety starts to boil as i read Quarentine for 5 days? or 10? and if so IF everything is on a schedule at WDW we stay in our room at the resort for an additional 5-10 days then clear and we can fly home? Park tickets Gone! 5-10 extra days in our room (um $1250 -2500) additional fees. the print that an park entry if you show any symptoms or whatever they can say "NO PARK for you!" we loose our ticket? reason i ask or am concerned is our little one seems to have allergies? Getting Allergy tested I mean really I could hit 5 of those symptoms on a daily basis any given day. SO a little nervous on these issues. Any ways,

1. So we fly from Ontario Canada to Orlando Direct. (return same thing Direct) SO much i still need to get info on (Airline?)
  2. Family is or will be fully Vacc'ed proof easy enough
  3. we need to BUY these PCR test prior to flying (i recall a negative test within 24 hours of flying etc) be good to know how and or where.
  4. same issues on the way back?
  5. I thought Planning was a tad stressy but fun this is 5x worse planning a contingency plan that definately can make or break your very expensive trip..
The only thing i have seen (and granted may have been more towards PEAK times of Covid) was that WDW will help facilitate these issues. well TBH facilitating these issues is what I want to know about prior to booking NOT after i book a room and find out im will need to pay FULL rack rate for an additional (5-10days) and then 5-7 more days so we could finish our vacation (if even possible).

As i write this i feel my panic alarm going off.
1654258210253.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter