FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travelling by Air from Toronto to Orlando in September with our kids. One is fully vaxed but the other 2 are not (age 4 and 1). Based on what i read from CDC there is a requirement to test the 4 year old 3-5 days after arriving? I assume that the Viral test could be one of the rapid tests we got in the green boxes locally? or does it have to be supervised? Anyone have experience with this?

Travelling by Air from Toronto to Orlando in September with our kids. One is fully vaxed but the other 2 are not (age 4 and 1). Based on what i read from CDC there is a requirement to test the 4 year old 3-5 days after arriving? I assume that the Viral test could be one of the rapid tests we got in the green boxes locally? or does it have to be supervised? Anyone have experience with this?

We didn't take the then 4 year old in for a test but did it unsupervised and recorded it. Nobody ever asked if we had done that test. I think lots of people were/are unaware that it was ever a requirement. I'm not sure if that is still a requirement.

We didn't take the then 4 year old in for a test but did it unsupervised and recorded it. Nobody ever asked if we had done that test. I think lots of people were/are unaware that it was ever a requirement. I'm not sure if that is still a requirement.
Ya, I would highly suspect people are not actually doing the test - especially Florida, they would for sure not be doing any follow-up/enforcement.

I finally got around to updating the first post. I used Lifecentres today for a pre-cruise Covid Test. Very smooth & quick. Used the Rapid Response tests we were able to get for free from a pharmacy. They are a very good deal as its $20 for 1 person, then only $5 per each additional doing test at same time (to a max of 4 people)

I'm trying to get a clear understanding of the Covid rules as of Sept 2022.

We are a group of 14, two families. Some are Adults some are kids Bio / Foster & Adopted.

So I have to be able to explain some of our travel plans to caseworkers and they want to know the ins and outs on Covid. So here is my understanding please correct me if I have missed something or don't have full understanding.

We are traveling from Edmonton AB to Orlando by plan so this means we are doing US customs and it's my understanding that US doesn't require Covid testing any longer.

Then we will do WDW for 9 day before we will board the Disney Wish for a cruise. Again it is my understanding we don't need to covid test as long as we are all fully vaccinated (all children & Adults will be including boosters)

Finally on the way home we will Fly into Toronto for a layover here we might be get selected for the random covid testing for vaccinated travellers. If selected it's my understanding that we aren't detained we do the test continue on with our travels and then wait for the result which can take up to 4 days.

Here is the part I'm kind of confused on... If we do have to test and it does come back positive it says you have to isolate... but it's my understanding that in Alberta there is now requirement to isolate any longer it is now just a recommendation. ??

Thanks for any help you can give me in understanding all this :)

I'm trying to get a clear understanding of the Covid rules as of Sept 2022.

We are a group of 14, two families. Some are Adults some are kids Bio / Foster & Adopted.

So I have to be able to explain some of our travel plans to caseworkers and they want to know the ins and outs on Covid. So here is my understanding please correct me if I have missed something or don't have full understanding.

We are traveling from Edmonton AB to Orlando by plan so this means we are doing US customs and it's my understanding that US doesn't require Covid testing any longer.

Then we will do WDW for 9 day before we will board the Disney Wish for a cruise. Again it is my understanding we don't need to covid test as long as we are all fully vaccinated (all children & Adults will be including boosters)

Finally on the way home we will Fly into Toronto for a layover here we might be get selected for the random covid testing for vaccinated travellers. If selected it's my understanding that we aren't detained we do the test continue on with our travels and then wait for the result which can take up to 4 days.

Here is the part I'm kind of confused on... If we do have to test and it does come back positive it says you have to isolate... but it's my understanding that in Alberta there is now requirement to isolate any longer it is now just a recommendation. ??

Thanks for any help you can give me in understanding all this :)
It's Federal Rules of you test positive on an airport mandated test. Which back in January was 10 days.

One last quick question. Do we still have to provide proof of vaccination when flying into the US. I was researching and it seems like we might still have to. Anyone travelled recently with actual experience?

One last quick question. Do we still have to provide proof of vaccination when flying into the US. I was researching and it seems like we might still have to. Anyone travelled recently with actual experience?
As of last week, yes (assuming that you aren't an American citizen or permanent resident (or a few other categories of exceptions).

As of last week, yes (assuming that you aren't an American citizen or permanent resident (or a few other categories of exceptions).
Yes. Departed Canada for U.S. yesterday. Needed to upload Vac Cert and also attest to being vaccinated.

We are flying to Orlando and all fully vaccinated except for our youngest who just turned 5. She has had her first shot, but it isn’t time for the second one yet.

Are we going to have any problems? Do we have to attest to giving her a test 3 days after arrival? Is she supposed to quarantine for this time period?

We are flying to Orlando and all fully vaccinated except for our youngest who just turned 5. She has had her first shot, but it isn’t time for the second one yet.

Are we going to have any problems? Do we have to attest to giving her a test 3 days after arrival? Is she supposed to quarantine for this time period?
Children under 18 are exempt. But you still confirm to be sure.

I have 4yr old and not fully vaccinated. My understanding is that we need to attest that he/she will do Covid test 3-5 days after arrival. And self isolate for 5 days if tested positive or develop any Covid related symptoms.

C14C4DF7-9481-4D10-A546-C51ACE0C71FC.jpeg

I have 4yr old and not fully vaccinated. My understanding is that we need to attest that he/she will do Covid test 3-5 days after arrival. And self isolate for 5 days if tested positive or develop any Covid related symptoms.

Thank you for this! I had read something similar but wasn't sure about the isolation period. Glad to read it is just if she tests positive and not required once we get there!

Last edited:
Thank you for this! I had read something similar but wasn't sure about the isolation period. Glad to read it is just if she tests positive and not required once we get there!
NP :)
Yeah at first I thought we need to isolate for 5 days no matter what but there is “IF” section lol.
If you would like to fill the form in advance, this is the link. I have printed out and compeleted the form for our December trip already.
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/ncezid_frm_pass_attest_eng-508.pdf

NP :)
Yeah at first I thought we need to isolate for 5 days no matter what but there is “IF” section lol.
If you would like to fill the form in advance, this is the link. I have printed out and compeleted the form for our December trip already.
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/ncezid_frm_pass_attest_eng-508.pdf
Thanks for the form! It looks like we have to fill it out for all of us? I thought we had to upload our proof of vaccination when checking in for our flights, didn't realize there was another form as well.

Thanks for the form! It looks like we have to fill it out for all of us? I thought we had to upload our proof of vaccination when checking in for our flights, didn't realize there was another form as well.
I haven’t traveled to US since pandemic, but when I went to Japan, the check in agent at the airport checked all documents.
I have printed out the form for each passenger, and also printed out vaccination record for adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter