Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
And just to be clear we could have selected the 10:30 show. We were asked whether we wanted 9 or 10:30.

We walked by the terrace during the soft opening Saturday. To me, I would not pay the up charge to view it from that angle and spot unless I really needed that chair instead of sitting on the ground. I don't think the view and angle are the best. It does keep you out of the masses and In a chair though. It is a trade off- not as great a view, but avoid the crowds and have an actual seat.

That dessert looks yummy. How was dinner? Did you happen to see the kids menu?

Yikes so you lined up 1.5 hrs ahead.

Our reservation was 4:40 and they made it clear that we needed to be done by 6:30 to allow premium seating people in. Honestly the view would not be good from seating at RBT in my opinion.

I assume that if you have a later reservation you are seated at tables that are not part of the premium seating?

Thank you so much for reporting on your experiences! I love the photo of the dessert.

Yes, they actually encourage you to stay for the fireworks. There are projections on the water which are nice and clear and the fireworks are off to the side.
I would assume that any RBT seating beyond 6:00 or so would be seated inside only.
Dinner was good. Choice of salad or corn chowder for appetizer. I had the roasted chicken. My DH had the pulled pork sandwich and enjoyed it. I did see the kids menu. Appetizer was carrots/celery and ranch dip. No other choice. Main was fish, mac n cheese, or pulled pork sandwich. Only dessert choice was butterscotch pudding parfait. Sounds boring but was actually delicious with bits of bread and butterscotch chips.

Success with the view picture! I had to reduce the quality so it would load but you get the idea now of where we were. Right in the middle and seated but we did wait 1 1/2 hours. This was the opening night so the wait might decrease as time goes on.

I would love to hear how the reserved standing area for HB is, if anyone can comment on the view. Especially if there were small children there, were they able to see the show from the ground? Also, is the area very crowded?
We are there in September and RBT is closed for renovations, so we booked HB but I'm debating it's value, since you can't sit down.

One more thing, they make you've stand for the fireworks for some reason.
The addition of a pirates scene with Jack Sparrow and the Columbia was extremely well done.

Yes, they actually encourage you to stay for the fireworks. There are projections on the water which are nice and clear and the fireworks are off to the side.
I would assume that any RBT seating beyond 6:00 or so would be seated inside only.
Dinner was good. Choice of salad or corn chowder for appetizer. I had the roasted chicken. My DH had the pulled pork sandwich and enjoyed it. I did see the kids menu. Appetizer was carrots/celery and ranch dip. No other choice. Main was fish, mac n cheese, or pulled pork sandwich. Only dessert choice was butterscotch pudding parfait. Sounds boring but was actually delicious with bits of bread and butterscotch chips.

What did the roasted chicken taste like? The chicken was described as barbeque in the list of choices. I have a slightly picky eater who loves roasted chicken but not too much spice.

No chicken on the kids menu? Has anyone seen the mac and cheese they serve at the RBT -- I assume it's more like homemade and not the awful Kraft stuff? And the pudding sounds very delicious to me, but my youngest is totally going to steal my dragon dessert. Which is okay, because that pudding really does sound delicious. :)

Roasted chicken was covered in like a sweet barbecue rub. I really liked it. The salad had sugared pecans feta and dried cranberries. The only problem with it for me was that it's mostly arrugula which I don't really care for.
I just asked my son and there was no chicken on kids menu. The mac n cheese was homemade. Very thick and creamy. He said it was one of the best mac n cheese that he ever had.

I'd be willing to try and update the viewing area map if folks can help me figure out where the various viewing are. The original map is in the old viewing location thread and I can update that one if folks report back where they think the various boundaries are located.

From some of the photos, it looks like Blue Bayou and RBT Dining Package viewing area is front and center and HB is over to the side (saw one photo of someone looking at the stage through the raft dock).

Very helpful thread. So it sounds like we're better to stick with the standard RBT dining package as opposed to the premium seating (extra $60 for us as we're a family of 4) as the view is better from the fast pass section, right?

A question about the show + fireworks. Our date isn't showing times yet, but if I look at a Friday mid August, Fantasmic is 9pm and fireworks are 9:30pm. Are these coordinated so you can always watch one followed by the other? Or can Fantasmic run/start late so you miss fireworks? We won't have a choice on when to see each as we are only there on the specific Friday so no other night to catch either but just wondering how this works.

We were able to see the fireworks show at 9:30 immediately following Fantasmic. Never left our area and projections were great!

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response...and for sharing your experience with all of us. Sounds like it worked out well.

Very helpful thread. So it sounds like we're better to stick with the standard RBT dining package as opposed to the premium seating (extra $60 for us as we're a family of 4) as the view is better from the fast pass section, right?

A question about the show + fireworks. Our date isn't showing times yet, but if I look at a Friday mid August, Fantasmic is 9pm and fireworks are 9:30pm. Are these coordinated so you can always watch one followed by the other? Or can Fantasmic run/start late so you miss fireworks? We won't have a choice on when to see each as we are only there on the specific Friday so no other night to catch either but just wondering how this works.

The way it has always worked (in the past) is that Fantasmic ends about 5 minutes before the fireworks start. In *theory* that would seem give you time to book it over to the Hub. In REALITY, it's next to impossible, I've tried! You have to exit the riverfront area via Adventureland -- the biggest bottleneck in the park -- with thousands of others with the same idea. If you do make it to the Hub, all of the spots are gone and the Parade Control CMs are waving you to keep moving, no standing there. Or there. Or there.

That's why they do the projections on the mist screens in the Fantasmic area, and you can see the fireworks over the trees with the music piped in. Unless you can watch the early fireworks and do the late Fantasmic show, it's really the only way with the 9:00/9:30 spread.

PHXscuba

We are at RBT now waiting for a table. They are taking walk ins and they are allowing them to get the Fantasmic dining package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter