• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters

DisneyPrincess88

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I have NEVER been to Disneyland so I do not know about the viewing situation for Fantasmic!
My boyfriend and I are booking at River Belle (no kids). For River Belle dining package, I see two options: (1) view from the fast pass area or (2) view from the actual restaurant outside for a $15 upgrade. Do you think that the viewing would be good from River Belle with the upgrade or would our view be blocked by people in front of the restaurant? Thank you so much for your advice. :)

Last edited:
I think it's anyone's guess until Fantasmic! opens on July 17th and people start sharing their experiences. I don't think they've offered the Premium Seating package at River Belle before so we can only speculate on how good it will be. For me, if the view is decent from the restaurant it will be more than worth the extra cost to avoid the headache of fighting the crowds to get a good spot in the other viewing areas. I have one booked for our trip next month and am anxiously waiting for the reports back! If the reviews aren't good I'll probably cancel and just go with the Blue Bayou package.

We used to view from the RBT FP area and have reservations to do this again. CMs have said that this will be the same area as before (shared with the BB area, front and center) when the show returns. For us, it was worth the wait because the view up front, or even a few rows back, was great. Everyone in the front of that area remains seated for the show, so you have a great chance to see. For someone who will be seeing F! for the first time, I would recommend being up front and center as much as possible for the best view of the show. There are videos of the old show (make sure you are watching F! at DL, not WDW) on YouTube that can give you some idea of whether you would prefer to be up close and center or further back and off to the side.

Last edited:

Wow! Thank you so much for your post. Up & center does sound good. We have been watching a lot of videos (quite a few DIS unplugged, how I found this forum and picked some of the things we are doing! :) ) so I will look for other YouTube videos to see the views. :) Thanks!

I quess I am not understanding...i THOUGHT, it would be a meal at a specific site and then you were given a ticket(voucher) to the designated area for viewing but not veiwing from RBT???

Jack

They've added a premium option that allowed guests to watch F! from the table at the RBT. It's only valid for the 8:00 pm seating and costs $15 per person.
If you would like to upgrade to premium 8:00 PM seating, you can enjoy your 3-course dinner and stay at your seat to watch the first performance of Fantasmic! from the outside patio (where you’ll be seated).This is an additional $15.

I have watched Fantasmic from this area before. It is an "okay" view but not sure I would want to watch the show for the very first time from this area. But in my "old age" I might just have to do this, because standing for 2+ hours or sitting on the ground for equally as long is not something I can do any longer.

I was really hoping they would bring back the dessert seating option they had before it went FP.

I have watched Fantasmic from this area before. It is an "okay" view but not sure I would want to watch the show for the very first time from this area. But in my "old age" I might just have to do this, because standing for 2+ hours or sitting on the ground for equally as long is not something I can do any longer.

I was really hoping they would bring back the dessert seating option they had before it went FP.
I was hoping for a dessert party option, too. I'm hoping the RBT Premium Seating pkg will be worth it because I really appreciate having a seat for the shows.

Really looking forward to reviews on the RBT Premium Package because a CM on the Dine Line told me that she wasn't sure the seating would be only on the raised terrace area. She thought it might continue onto the non-raised patio area. So the idea of paying extra to be level with pedestrians walking in front of me throughout the show is a problem. Brought this up with the CM who agreed that it did not sound like a good view, but she said that she couldn't see RBT restricting the seating to only the tables at the rail on the terrace section.

While I would really appreciate an actual seat, I also really liked being able to see the fire works about the trees, as well as a peak at TinkerBell. I don't think that view is possible from the RBT. It's hard to decide which is worth giving up more. I sure miss that dessert party!

Thank you all for the info. This has been very helpful. We are definitely booking for a 5PM dinner and going to fastpass area. So excited to go for the first time & see Fantasmic! pixiedust:

RBT would be cool to eat dinner at while F! is happening in that location, but not if you wanna "see" the show. Kinda like Carnation Cafe during a parade...fun to see it go by during the meal but crappy vantage point to actually enjoy the parade.

DH gets cranky in wall to wall crowds for prolonged periods so this may be our best bet. I'm skeptical the view will be amazing, but it's always a balance of good and bad to consider. Can't wait to hear reviews!

We just signed up for the 8pm dinner package at RBT for our stay in August mostly because we LOVE the food there and spend a lot $$ anyway so to at least see MOST of the show from where we will be eating should be a treat!

** Setting up this thread as the discussion thread on the Fantasmic Dining Packages. **
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

We're considering doing the "Fantasmic! BB Dining Package" so we can sit right up front to see the show. But when I look at the photos of the seating area, I see that you actually sit right behind the railing.

QUESTIONS: Is the view of Fantasmic! from the front row or front section really so much better? Don't you have to look through the railing in order to see the show?

Please help me to understand the realities of the front row or front section seating views. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've done the BB dining package and I thought the view was awesome. The front area where the packages are seated is a little sloped so it is easier to see over people. I think we were half way back between the water and the wall behind us. I don't remember the railing being a problem, but maybe it is for those right up front. The other viewing areas might be good too, except it is standing room only so you have to be in the very front in order to see. Trying to get there early enough to secure the front row of a standing section seems stressful, although I've never tried it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!