Facebook pet peeves.

When I was in high school, interim progress reports were only given to students who were failing or in danger of failing a class. I guess so there were no surprises when the reports cards came out.
Ours were given for every student though I think it was more or less teacher specific rather than an official report from the school themselves (with the actual report card sent after each semester was official from the school and it was mailed rather than given to the student).

I do believe they encouraged the teachers to do the progress reports and many of my teachers that I had in school as a norm required parental signatures. I think the premise really was so that parents were aware of their kids progress (hence the term progress reports) whether good or bad so you know involvement in their child's schooling.

I remember one time in 8th grade my mom got on me for my progress report because it had a 0 for a homework assignment. I had just forgotten to do it and it was well past even the late turn in date. But I pointed out to her that I had a 125% in the class anyways because I had opted to do so much extra credit. That was the tricky part about progress reports in my schooling because it would generally show assignments with the grade so it wasn't like you could 'hide' that one piece of homework you forgot to turn in. Not all progress reports were so detailed but I would say they generally were or at the very least they were broken up with homework, tests, extra credit, etc.

Our MS and HS recently did away with progress reports because the parent portal is supposed to be updated in real time. Unfortunately not all teachers do it. But that's a whole different complaint.
I'm thinking that's probably how things are nowadays and they probably are way different than mine were. That seems to be the way of it with all the electronic things. You used to call into the phone line or wait until the local news had the school listed on the bottom scroll for inclement weather days and I feel like nowadays you get a text, it's on facebook, you're e-mailed, etc lol.

I found with college that the student portals where professors would input your grades was hit or miss--likely more hit than miss but still. It was something that sometimes you'd catch that a teacher hadn't input a grade for something that had long since been over and normally it was that they had graded it but forgot to input it into the website.

Since this is about FB .... what's your pet peeves about the Dis on FB?
I feel like so many on there don't know a heck of a lot and the info people give is so inaccurate.

Like fingers on a chalkboard - "I have ______ many sleeps until ______" I see it on FB and here. It is how many DAYS people. I didn't even use this kind of talk with my kids when they were toddlers. We are all grown up here, we understand "days".

Like fingers on a chalkboard - "I have ______ many sleeps until ______" I see it on FB and here. It is how many DAYS people. I didn't even use this kind of talk with my kids when they were toddlers. We are all grown up here, we understand "days".
I would guess that would depend on if someone viewed saying "sleeps" is considered childish in speak. Guess you do.

I get why people say it even if I don't personally use it. I mean a lot of times when I leave on a flight at least I try to get the early flight so I basically go to sleep then wake up at the crack of dawn and go directly to the airport and the vacation starts so to speak. Or if driving it depends on where I'm going and what time I need to be there.

Totally agree! I only started seeing it on here and it makes me cringe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter