Extra Magic Hours - how are they working

Returned yesterday. 2 days at NPB (package) and 2 days at Hotel L'Elysee booked through expedia. Got in for EMH using Hotel L'Elysee room key, so obviously no need to book a package. Did have problems however as I needed to pick up by tickets from the Goofty Booth which didn't open until 9.30am, staff a bit confused how we'd got in, but blagged it a bit and after a short wait they sorted us out with tickets. So tip is make sure you have your park tickets already!!

Hotel LElysee a third of price of NPB, just as nice, bigger room, better bathroom, bought breakfast on 2nd morning before we left, but don't bother, expensive for just a few croissants. But note the shopping centre opposite doesn't open until 10am, so buy your provisions the night before!!

Also parked on the street at night (no charge), but apparently restricted during the day so drove to Disney, again parking free on showing room key.

Have a great trip. :yay:

Thank you so much for letting us know this. My daughther will be so happy to hear the info about Hotel LElysee and EMH!!

I'm getting slightly confused now!:confused3 Do the EMH restrictions mean that only package guests are allowed? We have booked room only at the npb for the entirety of our stay as we have fantasy aps, will we still be allowed entrance to the EMH hours? Do room only guests even get hotel ID or just room keys, I guess the hotel ID contains the ticket as well, so as we already have tickets we wont receive one.

Any help much appreciated. :)

Out of the annual passes it's only Dream passes that qualify for EMH.

However, I would have thought you would have qualified anyway seeing as you are staying in a Disney hotel. It's the offsite hotel guests who won't be included (unless they are Dream pass holders).

However, I would have thought you would have qualified anyway seeing as you are staying in a Disney hotel. It's the offsite hotel guests who won't be included (unless they are Dream pass holders).

That's my understanding also :)

When I booked our room on a room only basis as we are annual pass holders via the booking line I was told that we would be eligible for EMH

My friend is going to use this in June. Unfortunately we can't as we're fantasy pass holders and are staying offsite at the Marriot.

Do they stamp your ticket or something to show you've been given the wristband ? and do they put the wristband on you. Her little girl (3)isn't keen on them (from one being put on too tight at Soft play) .Could she show her ticket had been altered to CM's instead or could she wear both bands to show they were both okay to ride ?:confused3

Angela, I really can't see there would be a problem in your friend wearing her DD's wristband as well as her own, especially since she is only 3.

When you check in this give you an Easy Access Hotel ID which says your name and the duration of your stay. You need to show this to get into the swimming pool (so everyone would be given it) and this is what you show to get in for EMH, not the actually Hotel key card. That's how it worked last week.

Did you use the EMH last week? What is your experience? Are there many people? And how does the employees deal with the EMH is it still a little chaotic?

Just wondering can just 1 family member return to Main Street to pick up the wristbands for the whole family ?

Just wondering can just 1 family member return to Main Street to pick up the wristbands for the whole family ?

Last Easter they were trialling evening EMH when we were there and DH went to collect wrist bands for whole family -(he needed to show all our park tickets). We then fitted them on ourselves. Dont know if this is still the case as this year it was only morning EMH when we were there but assume it will be.

I have no idea how wristbands work in Paris, but at WDW the cast member put the wristband around my wrist herself for evening extra magic hours. I guess if they are serious about having control over who gets a wristband they will need to do that. Otherwise, what would be keeping you from getting multiple wristbands with your hotel pass and then pass those on tho non-eligible guests.

Last Easter they were trialling evening EMH when we were there and DH went to collect wrist bands for whole family -(he needed to show all our park tickets). We then fitted them on ourselves. Dont know if this is still the case as this year it was only morning EMH when we were there but assume it will be.

Thanks for that, it would be a bit of a pain in my opinion to drag the whole family out of the park and back to the entrance just to pick up the wristbands.:thumbsup2

Hi,

WE arrived back home last night from our 5 day stay. While we were there we used the EMH on wednesday night..... they were brilliant. The adults rides such as space mountain and Indiania Jones had NO queeue!!!!! The family rides were far less busy too. We sent one of our party to collect the wristbands and he just had to show our Hotel?park pass :)

Only used morning EMH during first week of May. Very quite between 8-9am. Were first few people in, headed for fantasyland and rode the rides which were open several times no queue at all. Stopped for breakfast at about 9.15am, by which time the park was filling up, and then ready for rope drop to Adventure/Frontierland at 10am. In my experience definitely worth getting their early. I'd rather an early start than queuing for an hour. Longest we waited for anything was about 20mins in fastpass queue for BTM.

We have booked our package through a German travel agent, so the brochure was all in German, and I don't understand much of it. Is it worth my while to enquire (very good english speakers) about things like EMH and pre booking chracter meals? We are staying in the Santa Fe. My son is up at the crack of dawn so I'd love to be able to get in early and make the most of it before the queues start. Also, the fastpasses etc? Can anyone explain to me how to go about getting all these things and if/how you qualify for them so that when I go back to the travel agents I have a better idea of what I am asking for. Preferably without abbreviations as I am struggling with understanding what they all are!

As you are staying in a Disney hotel you will qualify for Extra Magic Hours. Here is a link to the official site showing them up through to September.

It's not necessary to book character meals through your travel agent, you can also phone and book them yourselves up to 60 days in advance (the telephone number is in the Useful Info Sticky) or as you are going at a quiet time there won't be a problem waiting until you are there to book.

Everyone qualifies for Fastpasses. The more popular rides have a Fastpass machine located near their entrance. You just put everyone's park ticket in and it will return these along with a slip of paper called a Fastpass which shows the time slot you can return to this ride ~ you will then enter in the separate Fastpass entrance and hopefully spend less time queueing. ;)

I've just noticed there is only EMH on the evenings you are there, not any mornings. So perhaps it would be a good idea for you to book Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast ~ this means you take your breakfast in the park rather than at your hotel. There is no extra charge for this, the benefit is that you get into Fantasyland earlier where a couple of rides are usually open and you will be able to ride these without the crowds. :goodvibes

It's advisable to book this before you go as there are only a limited number of places ~ your travel agent should be able to add this to your booking. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter