Extra Magic Hours - how are they working

Thanks. I know this is straying off-topic, but why is the GMFLB not offered to guests at the New York Hotel?

That's how it works in WDW. Evening Extra Magic Hours (3 hours in WDW) start whenever the scheduled closing is for that day.

I am so glad our EMH were in the morning then, I had no trouble getting up at 6.30am, but I don't think I could stay awake much beyond 10pm :laughing:

I am so glad our EMH were in the morning then, I had no trouble getting up at 6.30am, but I don't think I could stay awake much beyond 10pm :laughing:

EMH was available in the evening when the park shut early. Looks like most of the summer EMH is mornings only :goodvibes

True once the park starts being open until 11 p.m. in July; however, for our visit on July 2 this will mean we can stay in the park until 11 when regular closing was 9 p.m. Hooray!

I wonder if the EMH are quieter when they are in the evening, since people with young children probably find it easier to get their little ones up early, than keep them awake late at night?

Thanks for all the replies.

I am getting the idea now.

Another question. Do the resturants open during EMH for breakfast?

Neil

I wonder if the EMH are quieter when they are in the evening, since people with young children probably find it easier to get their little ones up early, than keep them awake late at night?

I don't know if they are quiter in the evening. As many children nowadays are used to stay up longer!

I can't wait to hear more about the morning and evening EMH from DISer returning from the resort! :surfweb:

I don't know if they are quiter in the evening. As many children nowadays are used to stay up longer!

Well it was certainly quieter on the rides in the evening even without the EMH, so I guess if EMH was in progress, then the queues would be shorter still!

I picked up a leaflet at hotel reception which outlined which rides were open am and pm EMH and dates. It was only for 2 weeks but I assume the rides will be similar on other dates as well. It is very similar to last years magical hours.
am:
Castle
Pinocchio
Carrousel
Peter Pan
Dumbo
Tea Cups
Buzz
Orbitron
Space mountain
(Also Market House Deli and Cable Car Bake Shop)

pm:
As above and also
Phantom Manor
BTM
Indiana Jones
POC
(Also Walts, Plaza gardens, Caseys, Silver Spur, Blue Lagoon, Hyperion)

For entry am you needed to show your hotel ID. They were stopping people near the station to look at these and discouraging them from going further if they didnt have them, then you had to show them again as you went through a 'gate' just before bag check area. Without these passes you were not allowed through. I assume AP holders show that instead of hotel ID.
:dance3:

To stay after park closes you wear a special wrist band which you obtain from 5.00 by Main st Station (Also need to show hotel ID to get this)

This visit we only did am EMH and found it very busy but worth it just to get into the park and get a few rides done. Also you can position yourself for rides which arent open to be near the front. It was also good to get into the park without a massive queue outside.:cheer2: :cheer2:

Last year we did evening extra hrs and found it was still busy but again worth it.
Someone commented above about it being quieter in the evening so will be even quieter with EMH but there are less rides open so the queues for those will be longer. Also if the park is open for evening EMH its probably opened later in the am so people wont have been going as long.
There will also still be a lot of people about in the park without access to rides but allowed in shops and restaurants so the park itself will probably seem busier.

Thank you very much! This is most helpful! The evening EMH are more interesting for us with all our favourites open:

Phantom Manor
BTM
Indiana Jones
POC

I saw a link to download the leaftlet which said which rides were open, but now I can't find it. Any idea where it is? Also staying 2 nights at NPB as part of a package and then 2 nights at Hotel L'Elysee booked through Expedia. I don't expect to get EMH when staying at this second hotel, but how do they distinguish between a "package" guest an an internet guest??

Ive never seen a link to download the leaflet.
I picked one up from the reception when we arrived at the hotel.

I posted earlier on this thread which rides were open am and pm which was similar to last year when they were trialling EMH when we were there.

The only way I can think of that they can dsitinguish between package guests and non is something on hotel ID you need to show to get through but cant remember seeing anything on ID. I think all guests from Dis hotels and the other mentioned will be allowed in however they booked their trip. Please let us know if you were succesful

The leaflet says you can only get the wristbands (for Evening Extra Magic Hours) from the Main Street Train Station--is this still true? At WDW they have places throughout the parks to get the wristbands, so you don't have to go back to the front of the park to get one.

Ive never seen a link to download the leaflet.
I picked one up from the reception when we arrived at the hotel.

I posted earlier on this thread which rides were open am and pm which was similar to last year when they were trialling EMH when we were there.

The only way I can think of that they can dsitinguish between package guests and non is something on hotel ID you need to show to get through but cant remember seeing anything on ID. I think all guests from Dis hotels and the other mentioned will be allowed in however they booked their trip. Please let us know if you were succesful

We too are trying to figure out how you get the EMH? We booked the Hotel L'Elysee through Expedia, and while this is a hotel listed on the DLP website as offering EMH, it appears it's only if you book a package??

Im wondering if they are advertising it 'if you book a package' as they want to promote packages rather than people trying to book cheaper through internet sites. IMHO I dont think they will check that closly how you booked and if it was me I would certainly give it a go.

:yay: :yay:

Returned yesterday. 2 days at NPB (package) and 2 days at Hotel L'Elysee booked through expedia. Got in for EMH using Hotel L'Elysee room key, so obviously no need to book a package. Did have problems however as I needed to pick up by tickets from the Goofty Booth which didn't open until 9.30am, staff a bit confused how we'd got in, but blagged it a bit and after a short wait they sorted us out with tickets. So tip is make sure you have your park tickets already!!

Hotel LElysee a third of price of NPB, just as nice, bigger room, better bathroom, bought breakfast on 2nd morning before we left, but don't bother, expensive for just a few croissants. But note the shopping centre opposite doesn't open until 10am, so buy your provisions the night before!!

Also parked on the street at night (no charge), but apparently restricted during the day so drove to Disney, again parking free on showing room key.

Have a great trip. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter