Extra Magic Hours - how are they working

duff

Earning My Ears
Now that EMH has started, has anybody found out more about them. The official website hasn't added anything to the EMH page.

Which parts of which park are being opened?

Is it making the parks busier?

Are the queues first thing in the morning for the big rides full before non-EMH people get to them?

Is it worth avoiding the park with EMH that day, like in WDW?

Basically I want to be able to plan round it, change my hotel to a qualifying one or buy the more expensive Annual ticket.

:confused3

Neil

It did seem pretty busy during EMH time, we used to decide which ride we particularly wanted to do and headed straight for that one first. Having fallen in love with Buzz (which was new to us) we got round it twice before the wait time was showing as 15 minutes, this was around 9am I think. The earlier you get there the better, as people are entering the park all the time.

We queued for about 15 minutes to get onto Pinocchio, after doing Buzz twice, but walked away from Peter Pan as the queue looked horrendous. However, we pretty much got straight on PP on our first morning, but then we went straight there.

We managed to walk straight on to IASM on our last morning, I think we happened to walk by very soon after they opened it, just before 10am.

Us too- it's fabulous fun isn't it, we couldn't decide whether it ranked higher than our previous favourites. :)

Same here, I even bought a couple of photos!!

:idea: I was thinking we should have a scoreboard here on the DIS to see who gets the highest score, not that I expect to be top or anything :rotfl2:

If this should be true that for EMH only FL and DL will be open than it is nothing special! You could get almost the same in the past with GMFLB!
I was hoping that you could use BTM, POTC, PM and Indiana Jones as well! :rolleyes:
I hope this will improve!

How are they policing this?

We only had morning EMH while we were there, those staying in Disney hotels seemed to have some kind of pass, we just showed our Dream Passports and they let us through.

I read somewhere that bands are given out for the evening hours, though if the park is open until 10pm anyway, then I can't see how it's fair to stop some going on rides. :confused:

If this should be true that for EMH only FL and DL will be open than it is nothing special! You could get almost the same in the past with GMFLB!
I was hoping that you could use BTM, POTC, PM and Indiana Jones as well! :rolleyes:
I hope this will improve!
For what it's worth, these are the only 2 lands open in the US parks as well, and they've been doing it for years, so change is unlikely.

I read somewhere that bands are given out for the evening hours, though if the park is open until 10pm anyway, then I can't see how it's fair to stop some going on rides. :confused:
It's perfectly fair to not allow people on rides after the park is officially closed. Presumeably, for 2 hours after that point, only those with wristbands can ride, although I doubt they'll sweep the park itself of those who don't.

A bientot.

What is GMFLB?

At WDW, the list of open attractions is somewhat longer for Magic Kingdom in the evening EMH vs. the mornings. Big Thunder, Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean are all open in the evenings at WDW.

Also at WDW, the way they monitor this is that at the front gates and at several points around the parks, beginning a couple of hours or so before the scheduled closing time, you can show your resort ID and get a wristband. After the official closing time, only those with the wristbands can ride the rides. As far as I know, they don't chase those without wristbands out of the park.

After the official closing time, only those with the wristbands can ride the rides. As far as I know, they don't chase those without wristbands out of the park.

.. this is certainly our experience in Florida... it doesn't make sense to antagonise paying guests (even if not hotel residents or upgraded ones) by hounding them out of the park.. if theys ee that they are missing out on rides, some will probabaly pay the extra for onsite or APs next time.

Thanks. I know this is straying off-topic, but why is the GMFLB not offered to guests at the New York Hotel?

.. this is certainly our experience in Florida... it doesn't make sense to antagonise paying guests (even if not hotel residents or upgraded ones) by hounding them out of the park.. if theys ee that they are missing out on rides, some will probabaly pay the extra for onsite or APs next time.
Not to mention that if they aren't riding the rides they might spend a little more time in the shops!

It's perfectly fair to not allow people on rides after the park is officially closed. Presumeably, for 2 hours after that point, only those with wristbands can ride, although I doubt they'll sweep the park itself of those who don't.

A bientot.

Are you saying EMH will run from 10pm until Midnight in the evenings then?

Thanks. I know this is straying off-topic, but why is the GMFLB not offered to guests at the New York Hotel?

Someone once made the suggestion that it's offered to guests staying at all the larger hotels, as a way to slightly lessen the crowds at breakfast time in these hotels, whilst making it look like a great perk!! I think this makes a great deal of sense! The New York and Disneyland hotels each have about half the number of rooms, as well as offering room service, thus breakfast time isn't such a bun fight!!

For me it's the only downside to the HNY. The GMFB isn't anything particular remarkable, BUT it does get you into the park early and, if timed well, can make for a very relaxed start to the day. Guest at the Disneyland Hotel get to meet characters before breakfast, but guests at the HNY don't get anything special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter